Add a feature where you can turn a tech tree tank into a premium.

Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

US_3rd_Army #21 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 12:56

Major

• Players
  • 38395 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Nov 13 2019 - 17:34, said:

So, the question arises, how much would you pay per month for that, and should you be able to move "somewhat-premium status" to another tank when you want to?

I think the status should not be movable, to entice WG to think about offering it more.

I think 2,500 to 3,000 gold sounds fair, but not transferable to another tank.

SlappedbyRommel #22 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 13:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10544 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 12 2019 - 18:47, said:

New maps are coming out as fast as the dev team can make them/ remake them. 

Minsk is getting a redo and Pearl river is next. 

The feature you mentioned is currently in Blitz so it's not impossible, however there are other issues to consider since Blitz isn't 100% a WoT PC copy. 

To your Point though. Yes WG likes money, and is a sell out, but new maps/ new Tanks are needed to keep players interested. Free 2 Play games all have to release new content to keep the game fresh interesting and no one works for the smiles alone. Now back to smiling at Cabbage for no reason so he knows I am working. 

This is good news one thing that was not mentioned and I really wish WG would do is have a dashboard of items they are working on to improve/fix the game so players don't need to rant and rave. Maybe the audience is very different than Europe but information is key to improvements in the game and maybe the devs will take advice from the player base - just a thought.

Note: people may spend if the content is better.

xXxDeadZombiexXx #23 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 41763 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostXumos, on Nov 12 2019 - 00:17, said:

I would love to run around in my Panther II a lot more if I could turn it into a premium. Being able to turn any tech tree T8 tank into a premium, I would definitely pay for that.

I would be happy in them being in a "premium" status in as far as if you trained a crew in that tank, then had to retrain the crew for the next tank in that line, the crew should be able to go back to the tank prior, and drop right in without having to be retrained. I think its so pathetic on WG's part that you can train a crew in a tank, but as soon as you retrain them, they all of a sudden can't fall right back into the tank they came from, without u have to pay in some fashion, to retrain them.

BadCorps #24 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 16:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12948 battles
I think Elite vehicles should let you switch crews w/o penalty. Maybe a 10% boost to crew EXP

KRZYBooP #25 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 18:53

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4146 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Nov 14 2019 - 06:31, said:

This is good news one thing that was not mentioned and I really wish WG would do is have a dashboard of items they are working on to improve/fix the game so players don't need to rant and rave. Maybe the audience is very different than Europe but information is key to improvements in the game and maybe the devs will take advice from the player base - just a thought.

Note: people may spend if the content is better.

We do strive to be as transparent with our features as much as possible. However, a dashboard could raise hopes especially if something gets cancelled. 

Here is a Dashboard for what I know We are working on.

MM- always under scrutiny.

New Maps- Working on them as much as possible, both new and remaking old ones.

New Tanks- Yes, always

Ranked- We got it back for you

More modes- No problemo (except for that last one)

Casual_Boops #26 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 19:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36039 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 14 2019 - 11:53, said:

We do strive to be as transparent with our features as much as possible. However, a dashboard could raise hopes especially if something gets cancelled. 

Here is a Dashboard for what I know We are working on.

MM- always under scrutiny.

New Maps- Working on them as much as possible, both new and remaking old ones.

New Tanks- Yes, always

Ranked- We got it back for you

More modes- No problemo (except for that last one)

Is anyone looking at artillery? Or is that rolled into the MM thing? The only thing that has literally caused me to Alt+F4 out of this game is the sky-cancer that is for some reason allowed to exist in its current form in this game.

SquishySupreme #27 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 19:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3766 battles
Artillery has been nerfed three times since it was introduced.

Artillery will NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME.  Go play Blitz if you want no artillery.  Stop asking.  Stop Whining.  Won't be removed.

No really, it won't be removed.  Stop asking.  Blitz is effectively the exact same game with no arty.  Go there - you'll enjoy it.

Casual_Boops #28 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 19:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36039 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostSquishySupreme, on Nov 14 2019 - 12:15, said:

Artillery has been nerfed three times since it was introduced.

Artillery will NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME.  Go play Blitz if you want no artillery.  Stop asking.  Stop Whining.  Won't be removed.

No really, it won't be removed.  Stop asking.  Blitz is effectively the exact same game with no arty.  Go there - you'll enjoy it.

1) It's a broken mechanic that will be impossible to balance forever in this game-- indirect fire from across the map is broken.

2) The last artillery change (to add stun) was a buff, not a nerf.

3) I never said anything about removing it.

4) If I had my way, there would be 1 arty per team in random battles, max. Clickers still get to click, but nobody's game is totally ruined by 3 arty focusing a single tank constantly.

5) Telling a paying customer to "go play another game" isn't healthy for the game. So piss off.

KRZYBooP #29 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 19:48

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4146 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostCasual_Boops, on Nov 14 2019 - 12:10, said:

Is anyone looking at artillery? Or is that rolled into the MM thing? The only thing that has literally caused me to Alt+F4 out of this game is the sky-cancer that is for some reason allowed to exist in its current form in this game.

Yes Arty is being looked at as well. I would not be able to sleep if my favorite money maker wasn't being tended to. 

Volcanic_lobster_220 #30 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 20:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8797 battles

View PostxXxDeadZombiexXx, on Nov 14 2019 - 15:44, said:

I would be happy in them being in a "premium" status in as far as if you trained a crew in that tank, then had to retrain the crew for the next tank in that line, the crew should be able to go back to the tank prior, and drop right in without having to be retrained. I think its so pathetic on WG's part that you can train a crew in a tank, but as soon as you retrain them, they all of a sudden can't fall right back into the tank they came from, without u have to pay in some fashion, to retrain them.

If this were possible i'd do it in a split-second! The only reason i have crews in Tier 8's and not moved into Tier 9's, is because of Frontline, but if i were able to "premium" my T-44 and IS-3 that would be great, can't believe how stupid it is that crews forget how to man a previous tank just because they were retrained, makes completely no sense.

HOTA_CHATON #31 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 23:09

Major

• Players
  • 13751 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG

View PostCasual_Boops, on Nov 14 2019 - 12:10, said:

You like all haters need to get a real life.  Arty has been hit so hard where as all other vehicles are sitting back and laughing about it.  If you are this thin skinned about arty, may I suggest you move to Armored Warfare where arty has been eliminated in PVP, to the detriment of that game.  It is now so hard to get a PVP match t hat people are actually on the HQ tab trolling for matches.  PVE and GLOPS are always in play.  With everyone's negativity, I have pushed to play only arty and that is what pretty much what I have been doing for the last 2 months.  I am much more concerned with the # of tank destroyers that now pervade each battle, to the point that sometimes more that 50% of each team is tank destroyer.  This is where WG needs to put a look into, fixing that issue, not arty.  Arty players can be punished, up to a full account ban for stun damage which is as ridiculous as screen doors on a submarine.  If other vehicles can't be punished for shooting and causing stun damage, then arty should not either.  The stun mechanic needs to be removed.

LtKelly #32 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 00:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17304 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostBadCorps, on Nov 14 2019 - 16:34, said:

I think Elite vehicles should let you switch crews w/o penalty. Maybe a 10% boost to crew EXP

This, but how about a 5% boost to credits, experience, crew experience, and free experience earned. 

As a reward for researching all modules. Start it at tier 4 or 5 so the seal clubbers don't reap the rewards.

WeSayNotToday #33 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 06:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24082 battles

View PostVolcanic_lobster_220, on Nov 14 2019 - 20:18, said:

can't believe how stupid it is that crews forget how to man a previous tank just because they were retrained, makes completely no sense.

They do not forget how to man a tank, they forget how to do it perfectly or seamlessly.

They still know how.

SquishySupreme #34 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 21:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3766 battles

View PostCasual_Boops, on Nov 14 2019 - 19:28, said:

1) It's a broken mechanic that will be impossible to balance forever in this game-- indirect fire from across the map is broken.

2) The last artillery change (to add stun) was a buff, not a nerf.

3) I never said anything about removing it.

4) If I had my way, there would be 1 arty per team in random battles, max. Clickers still get to click, but nobody's game is totally ruined by 3 arty focusing a single tank constantly.

5) Telling a paying customer to "go play another game" isn't healthy for the game. So piss off.

1: It's part OF the game.  So sayeth the almighty Wargaming.  The gods who make this game say otherwise, so you are wrong on this point.
2:The last change was in May and it nerfed HE splash damage to the point where it broke normal HE rounds for derp guns.  They also halved stun duration.  It was a nerf in every aspect as it did not give one positive thing back to the SPG players in return.  Now we are dealing with HE changes as they try to fix their overzealous nerf-hammer, just as I predicted.  
3: I hate ARTY! I hate arty! - on and on and on it goes and to be honest, it's already a nearly unplayable class.  You can't do missions now, and XP per battle has dropped off a cliff as well since you hardly do any splash damage.  Just give it a rest.
4: The thing is, arty is still quite popular.  Enough so that the queue is almost always full.  If you don't like it, there are other versions of the exact same game available - just without arty!  Joy and happiness friend citizen!
5: This is the default response to calls to further nerf arty - just play blitz where it has been fully nerfed as requested.  Oh wait, Blitz is boring?  I wonder why that might be?

If you play on PC, Arty is part of the game.  

TTV_Browntown13 #35 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 16:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 21632 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
Blitz is boring because it's a mobile game. Not because of lack of artillery. Lol. 

KRZYBooP #36 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 16:22

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4146 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostLtKelly, on Nov 14 2019 - 17:50, said:

This, but how about a 5% boost to credits, experience, crew experience, and free experience earned. 

As a reward for researching all modules. Start it at tier 4 or 5 so the seal clubbers don't reap the rewards.

Well you can take other crews from a non premium tank and put them in a premium tank of the same nation and Type without a penalty to training. 

View PostTTV_Browntown13, on Nov 18 2019 - 09:02, said:

Blitz is boring because it's a mobile game. Not because of lack of artillery. Lol. 

Its on steam now so you can play blitz with Keyboard mouse and better graphics. :D

_Kradok_ #37 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 16:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 33630 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 18 2019 - 10:22, said:

Its on steam now so you can play blitz with Keyboard mouse and better graphics. :D

Even better news for all the arty whiners!!!  Outstanding!

Volcanic_lobster_220 #38 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 20:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8797 battles

View PostBadCorps, on Nov 14 2019 - 16:34, said:

This would be amazing, right now there's not enough benefits for Eliting a tank, very few reasons to even keep crew in it after unlocking the next tank

Also tagged with Suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users