How has the physics issue not been addressed yet..? It's literally game breaking

Its almost as if WG are trying to kill this game

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

JakeTheMystic #1 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 10:44

Major

• Players
  • 25135 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

So I've seen a couple people making comments on this now and it's actually a larger issue than I first thought. Originally I posted this clip from my Twitch stream:

https://www.twitch.t...gingWeaselKeepo

I had intentionally drove off the bridge to land onto an ally vehicle, not really thinking much since team damage is disabled. I wasn't sure what I was expecting to happen, but I certainly wasn't expecting that to happen. I first thought that because I had landed on the ally, the system gave both of us brief invincibility to prevent "physics abuse" from fall damage, so I had landed safely instead of dying a horrible death. After looking at the replay though from other angles, even when I rolled off my ally I didn't even land on my tracks; I had more landed on the side of my land and then rolled onto the tracks. Either way, I took 0 damage from the fall.

Now more clips are starting to come out such as (51 second mark):

Spoiler

Not only does the Nash fall off landing flat on his side, taking 0 damage from the fall. The KV-2 on the other hand follows him over the edge, taking a whole 0 damage for landing nearly turret side down. 

Another great fall at 5:17 ~ 13 75 gets careless and plunges off the carrier on glacier, takes 0 damage. 

Another one at 7:10 ~ Light gets tracked, falls off of bridge sideways, takes 0 damage. 

7:22 ~ Just **** it at this point

This is completely unacceptable. Thankfully I've only noticed this in pubs so far, as it seems to have been caused by a recent patch conflicting with the removal of team damage. I haven't seen this in clan wars or advances, I've also played too few ranked to even pay attention to that sort of thing. 

I really hope WG gets this patched soon, it's can easily be abused and there's already enough wrong with the game as is. The flop hasn't even been shown yet as the premium/HE changes draw near, I think i'm about ready to fold my hand. The game is finally, actually, dying. 

Update: I'm going to do some experimenting tomorrow in pubs, taking fast boys and simply jumping off of things. You know, for scientific purposes. 

alphadogg64 #2 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 11:00

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles
LITERALLY

Scorpiany #3 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 11:07

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 37389 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
You say that, but at the same time with the way that WG closed off all slopes with rocks to make them unpassable, it's a nice change to actually be able to slide off a ridge without dying from bumping into a pebble after a 2 foot drop.

Edited by Scorpiany, Nov 12 2019 - 11:07.

MagillaGuerilla #4 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 12:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 25916 battles
I'd just like to get through a game without logs and debris stuck to my tank and blocking my reticle.

Atragon #5 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 13:16

Major

• Players
  • 44432 battles
  • [FINES] FINES
Who remembers the days you would take 50% damage just jumping a sand dune ?

ViseGrip #6 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 14:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 48439 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Nov 12 2019 - 11:04, said:

I'd just like to get through a game without logs and debris stuck to my tank and blocking my reticle.

Yea I noticed that as well..... Running through some hay bales and my 5 ton tank is pushing them instead of actually running over and crushing them. Have noticed that with wood fences and block walls also. Had one instance  where the wood fence was being dragged half way across the map up under the front of the tank before it all finally disappeared....... Another great WG win.

24_inch_pythons #7 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 14:29

Major

• Players
  • 30736 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
 Honestly, I hate fall damage and am glad it's gone. I hope they never fix it.

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 14:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 33970 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
My modpack doesn't let me see any of the stuff you're referring to.  Try Aslains.

HOTA_CHATON #9 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 15:57

Major

• Players
  • 13751 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
This game has been broken for so long, it looks normal now.  The only way for these things to get fixed is for everyone to stop buying anything from them and openly let them know.  Losing revenue is one thing they cannot stand for very long.  You will get results then and only then.

Cowcat137 #10 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 16:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 14535 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
It's not predictable, I've seen people try to make safe jumps and get wrecked. If there is a pattern to it, I'd like to know.

An_old_slow_guy #11 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 16:02

Captain

• Players
  • 63478 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
They have done something to the Normandy map physics-wise.  Now you can literally dive, tumble, fall off any of the cliffs and land with 0 damage.  Makes it a quick way to get to the beach.  Seems that falling off  cliffs  or bridges on any map now generates 0 damage as long as you land on the ground or another teammate.

lordpelvis #12 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 17:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42406 battles
  • [SMAX] SMAX

GAME BREAKING......really?

I can think of several things that would be game breaking but not this.

DomoSapien #13 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 17:47

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14991 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

A bug report has already been filed for this issue and it's been reported to the dev team.

Considering that, at first glance this seems to be related to a pretty critical component of the game (physics engine) - it's probably a fairly complex issue and won't get fixed overnight. While I understand you're frustrated at the lack of a speedy resolution, keep in mind the nature of the issue - when we implemented the current Mission UI back in...2017? It broke the contact list for like 3 months.

Baby steps, friend; measure twice, cut once.

F4U_wingman #14 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 19:12

Captain

• Players
  • 88845 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Well even when you do fall off a cliff or bridge you could still land upside down and then self-destruct... need a crew perk to fix that I think  :popcorn:

FrontenacDuVandoo #15 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 22:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17973 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Nov 12 2019 - 06:04, said:

In Graphics -> Details, uncheck the Enhanced Destruction Physics near the bottom.

Objects get removed within a second and don't linger around. Works for logs blocking your view ports, but also destructible walls that become transparent the moment you shoot them rather than staying opaque for a few seconds.

By leaving it on you're hindering yourself as objects stick around and block your view longer than for someone that has that option disabled.

WaywardChild #16 Posted Nov 13 2019 - 18:54

Captain

• Players
  • 39301 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Nov 12 2019 - 13:10, said:

In Graphics -> Details, uncheck the Enhanced Destruction Physics near the bottom.

Objects get removed within a second and don't linger around. Works for logs blocking your view ports, but also destructible walls that become transparent the moment you shoot them rather than staying opaque for a few seconds.

By leaving it on you're hindering yourself as objects stick around and block your view longer than for someone that has that option disabled.

Thanks for your help in settings, do you have any other gems? I have not messed with my settings at all and always wondered if I'm playing behind the eight ball.

FrontenacDuVandoo #17 Posted Nov 13 2019 - 23:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17973 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View PostWaywardChild, on Nov 13 2019 - 12:54, said:

Thanks for your help in settings, do you have any other gems? I have not messed with my settings at all and always wondered if I'm playing behind the eight ball.

Sure... some might be personal preferences, but here goes for the ones I find important. Sorry in advance if I'm being captain obvious, just trying to cover all bases.

General: View range indicators on the miniamp. Activate all of them. It's important info.

Reticle -> both tabs: under Gun Marker use one that has "with armor penetration". The marker turns green when you can pen, orange when it's a maybe, red when the armor can't be penned. This takes into account the effective armor of what you're aiming at. [I've seen claims that it only takes into account nominal armor, maybe it started that way but now it works off effective armor values].

Marker->Enemy Team:

Default section - I activate only Tier and Vehicle model. I don't need to know the rest of the info. I liked tier early on when I didn't know the tanks. I could probably turn it off now, although it's still useful to have it at a glance.

In the Vehicle Health drop down, use an option with HP left rather than %. Better to know the exact amount of HP an enemy has left.

In the Alternative section I have most option enabled, that way I can press Alt to get the info if I need it.

The Our Team and Destroyed tabs I have it setup similarly.

Battle Notification -> Log; Summarized I display it all; Detailed Damage = Always; Event types = All; Position of event = received dmg at top to make it easier to see info about incoming fire.

-Reticle->Sniper tab, in the Indicator drop down use Diagonal to get a center screen reference at the top of the reticle. In Battle Notification -> Type, select Advanced.

With these two combined you can get a precise direction of incoming fire, so you can return some blind shots.

Even if you don't use the Reticle, you should at least change the Battle Notification as it is much more precise info on incoming fire.

That last one is covered in this video from TRUvoodoo with some gameplay examples: https://www.youtube....h?v=NiR9OUXVIcc

His other tips are:

-Sound settings: Vehicle slider set to a low value, while keeping the Effects slider up. This lets you hear undetected tanks closing in on your position if they break stuff. The Vehicle slider controls the sound of the engines, so basically your engine doesn't drown out other sounds.

This one I find very situational.

-Graphics->Details: disable Grass in sniper mode. As it says, no more grass so when you work a ridge line you can clearly see when you're clear to shoot, and you can see the enemies more clearly.

Pretty important in my opinion.

-Graphics->Details, put both the Extra Effects sliders all the way down. Also put the slider of Post Processing to Off.

This is the extra step of what I do with Enhanced Destruction physics, with it the animation of objects being destroyed is also removed. I find that turning off Extra Effects is too much as objects just disappear, but I guess in some situation it could make a difference.

WaywardChild #18 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 07:31

Captain

• Players
  • 39301 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Wow, thanks FrontenacDuVandoo I really appreciate all the work you did. I hope I'm not the only one who reads it. Good ideas that I didn't know, thanks again.

BaRRaCuDaR #19 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 21:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 19951 battles

The debris part of this post +1

Have had a 100 times now I couldn't shot due to blocked vision. Hugely appreciated information. Thank you.

Also tagged with Its, almost, as, if, WG, are, trying, to, kill, this game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users