Paint vs Camo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Yojimbo50 #1 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 01:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24667 battles
I know that when you buy Camo or get it in an event it gives you 2 to 4% in camoflauge.  Does the paint you buy do the same thing?  Excuse if this is a silly question but my memory is not so good and it would help to know.

Boghie #2 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 01:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8764 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Yes,  paint is camo - when you paint at least the hull of your tank...

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #3 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 02:01

Captain

• Players
  • 35234 battles

View PostBoghie, on Nov 14 2019 - 19:47, said:

u sure about that?

_Tsavo_ #4 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 02:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46824 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Unless something changed paint alone does not count as camo.  Only preset or custom camos applied to the hull give you camo bonuses.  If you put camo on turret and leave hull empty, you get no camo bonus. 

Ta_Hun_Kwai #5 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 02:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17817 battles

View PostYojimbo50, on Nov 14 2019 - 16:45, said:

I know that when you buy Camo or get it in an event it gives you 2 to 4% in camouflage. Does the paint you buy do the same thing? Excuse if this is a silly question but my memory is not so good and it would help to know.

only camos give the bonus flat paint colors do not

Boghie #6 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 02:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8764 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Better to be lucky than good.

My garish paint jobs include a standard camo hull and some fancy paint on the turret/mantlet/gun...

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 73506 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Only camo on the hull gives you a concealment bonus per most of the others.  Here's a guide.

Also mouse over camo when you are in the customization menu.  It states it gives a camo bonus.  Hover over paint and you get no such wording.  Also the in game comparison tool camo bonus only mentions camouflage, nothing about paint.  

https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/general/customization-guide/

Block Quote

The following elements are available for creating a custom style:

paint_100x.png
Paints

Every nation has a range of paints available for vehicle decoration. Paints can be applied to five vehicle parts—the hull, turret, suspension, gun and gun mantlet. It takes one paint bucket to paint one part. So, you need a maximum of five buckets to paint the whole vehicle for a map type.

camo_100x.jpg

Camouflages

This exterior customization is functional and can enhance your vehicle’s concealment. You can apply three types camouflages that change automatically depending on the map you are playing on.

Camouflage can be applied separately to the hull, turret and gun. This allows you to combine camouflages. Apart from different combinations, you can also edit the scale and, in some cases, the color palette for each camouflaged vehicle part.

To get a concealment bonus, you have to apply camouflage to the hull. If you camouflage only the turret and the gun, your vehicle’s visibility is not affected.

FPTootles #8 Posted Dec 03 2019 - 19:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2122 battles
  • [CITW] CITW
I got some cool coverings from tank races.  I applied one to my Lowe, but after a while it disappeared and I can't find it in the locker.  Were these akin to free rentals?  I liked the style. 

dunniteowl #9 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 02:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

You may have gotten a camo skin that covers only one Season.  If that's the case, then any time you are on a field that the season camo doesn't cover, you will see a 'naked' tank.

Additionally, if you did get them and applied them all to the Hull, Turret and Gun  it would only provide the benefit for that season even if it was ALL Season, you still need one skin for each possible season applied to the HULL only.

There are a few skins that, once applied, cover ALL seasons with only the One Skin applied to the Hull.

Depending on which skin you're using, it could be one of those issues you are seeing.  

To make sure:

Go into your "Exterior" section in your garage with the vehicle in question selected.  When you get there, check EACH SEASON (if I recall correctly they are on the left of the image of your vehicle in this screen).  Click each season (there are three of them) and see if the Skin is on your tank when you click the season.  If they are there in one season (hull, turret, gun), then all you have to do is remove the ones from the sections that are not the hull.  Then you can place them on the other two season sections for the Hull of the tank.  (The HULL is the ONLY part of the tank that benefits from the camo bonus, the rest is just for looks).

If this isn't the issue, then ghosts have invaded your garage and stolen your camo.  ;)

Otherwise, it could be a Directive for the Tank.  If that's the case, you'll have applied that skin without going into the Garage: Exterior section and instead would have been applied to the right hand side of where you install Modules and Consumables.  If that was the case, those are 'used up' each time you apply them and would have to be re-applied each time you want them on the tank.

Not sure what else to suggest.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Dec 04 2019 - 05:04.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #10 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 02:58

Captain

• Players
  • 29606 battles
If your whole tank is painted then yes it works as camo.

MissCreant #11 Posted Dec 08 2019 - 19:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3540 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostBoghie, on Nov 15 2019 - 01:47, said:

Don't go topless!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users