Give Each Tank a PR/Booster Slot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Engineer777 #1 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 02:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21923 battles

Make it so you can apply a single personal reserve to a tank. The PR can be any type, regardless of what other PRs are active.

However, when applied to a tank, 1 hour becomes 10 battles. Once you play 1 battle with that PR, it is removed/destroyed if you choose to use a different one. It only expires after being used the listed number of battles.

1 hour -> 10 battles

2 hour -> 20 battles

3 hour -> 30 battles

etc.

I came up with this idea after reading a suggestion that we should be able to upgrade tanks from non-premium to premium. WG nerfs non-premiums, but not premiums. For that reason, I don't think it'd be a good idea to allow players to invest a lot of gold into permanently upgrading a non-premium tank. At one point I thought that maybe there should be a crew skill that increases credits and XP earnings. However, I settled on this idea, since most people have too many PRs already.

Edited by Engineer777, Nov 15 2019 - 02:33.

Pipinghot #2 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 02:58

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Nice idea. They could either add new "Tank Reserves" or simply allow you to apply a PR to a tank as you have suggested, either way this would be a nice, flexible way for players to enjoy reserves more.

I suspect this would have an added benefit of reducing the number of tinfoil hat complaints from people who think that they lose more often when they're running reserves. Instead of rushing through their battles, like people often do with PR's, people would be more likely to play their absolute best with TR's since they're based on number of battles rather than time.

VooDooKobra #3 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 05:22

Major

• Players
  • 10083 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
personally i wouldnt mind them adding the 4th pr slot so you can make use of each type of earned pr

cheapbooks #4 Posted Nov 21 2019 - 08:24

Captain

• Players
  • 39848 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

View PostVooDooKobra, on Nov 15 2019 - 05:22, said:

personally i wouldnt mind them adding the 4th pr slot so you can make use of each type of earned pr

you can pick from 5 PR's at the same time if you play frontline, plus 2 clan reserves

FineousOrlon #5 Posted Nov 21 2019 - 22:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21398 battles

View PostEngineer777, on Nov 15 2019 - 02:32, said:

Make it so you can apply a single personal reserve to a tank. The PR can be any type, regardless of what other PRs are active.

However, when applied to a tank, 1 hour becomes 10 battles. Once you play 1 battle with that PR, it is removed/destroyed if you choose to use a different one. It only expires after being used the listed number of battles.

1 hour -> 10 battles

2 hour -> 20 battles

3 hour -> 30 battles

etc.

Excellent idea, although I am less sure about "regardless of what other PRs are active."

Block Quote

I came up with this idea after reading a suggestion that we should be able to upgrade tanks from non-premium to premium. WG nerfs non-premiums, but not premiums. For that reason, I don't think it'd be a good idea to allow players to invest a lot of gold into permanently upgrading a non-premium tank.

WG should just make it an upgrade kit, like "tier 5 bonus kit" that is automatically removed and placed in the player's depot if the tank is buffed or nerfed [changed at all].

The kit should be something like "+20% to credits and exp," not as good as a real premium, but worth getting.

I would have JUMPED on the Mordian skin for the BDR if they had added something like this feature.

Edited by FineousOrlon, Nov 21 2019 - 22:52.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users