Jump to content


Are there any plans to reduce RNG factors? (Reticle in specific)

RNG Shooting Reticle

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Should RNG Reticle Factors be Reduced? (23 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should RNG Reticle Factors be Reduced?

  1. 25% (8 votes [34.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 34.78%

  2. 50% (12 votes [52.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 52.17%

  3. They are fine as they are currently. (3 votes [13.04%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Progetto 65 or B-C 25 t?

  1. Progetto 65 (16 votes [69.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 69.57%

  2. B-C 25 t (7 votes [30.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 30.43%

Leopard 1, K-91, or STB-1?

  1. Leopard 1 (9 votes [39.13%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 39.13%

  2. K-91 (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 21.74%

  3. STB-1 (9 votes [39.13%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 39.13%

Vote Hide poll

Proto464 #1 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 05:01

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10504 battles
  • 142
  • [HQ] HQ
  • Member since:
    11-30-2015

Note: This is a sort of rant, and is about a little more things in general than just RNG. This is gonna be a long one.

When it comes to RNG, I feel like a 25% - 50% reduction in RNG factors when it comes to the shot actually hitting a place in the reticle (aka much more likely to hit the center, and a smaller reticle in general) would make a HUGE world of difference for this game.

 

Maybe have a 20% reduction in the damage roll variation, and people would be happier. The reason Wargaming.net League crashed and burned like the Hindenburg (I kept my Chrysler GF to continue laughing at that mistake instead of taking the opportunity to trade it in for a Chrysler K when WG offered)  is because of RNG factors, no one likes an RNG-based "competitive" game because that's simply not competitive due to out-of-control factors.
 

My biggest problem with this game is not at all with matchmaking or maps or arty or any of that, it's the RNG that has caused me the most amount of anger and stress I have ever had when playing a video game that's mean to be FUN.

I know this game has serious problems and Wargaming as a company tends to focus on profit, because what big company these days doesn't do that, but I love this game. I've played it for a long while, even on Xbox 360 before I switched to the PC version because WGCB were screwing up. I love this game because one of my conditions makes me very logical, and I love statistics. It's a problem however, when it turns into an abusive ex kind of situation. You uninstall the game and come back months later because you totally forgot what made you completely quit in the first place. I've only managed 4 months, and reinstalled it over a year ago.

I think the T95/FV4201 Chieftain and the Object 279 (e) are absolutely overpowered, and I find people shooting nothing but "special" ammunition to be annoying and blacklist-worthy (don't hate me)

I dislike Prokhorovka and Malinovka very much due to their campy playstyles that lead to longer matches, in fact I have them both as my blacklisted maps. I also hate the fact that the "blowout teams" are coming back, swift defeats in 4 or 5 minutes out of nowhere people so many players are uneducated on how to play and no one wants to teach them how to play and instead everyone acts like an entitled buffoon and trash talks them instead of actually telling them how to do something instead of just saying "you did this wrong"

But all of that, I think, is completely out-of-priority, when shooting at the enemy tanks feels almost completely pointless because your shot is either going to miss, or miss and bounce because it didn't want to hit the center of the reticle. Some people aren't just bad, sometimes the blame is entirely on RNG and I'm getting sick of my shots missing when they are entirely within the realm of possibility to actually connect with the target.

RNG is not a bad thing, as it helps create a diversity that no other system can easily provide. RNG is a cheap and effective solution, but apply too much of it, and you get people raging at the game, then, habitually, they take it out on their fellow tanker. What else causes anger and resentment when an out-of-control factor that is decided by a computer or an outside entity that you believe is in your own control? Oh, gambling.

TL : DR - Reduce reticle RNG factors (where the shell will hit within the reticle) by around 25% - 50% and people will literally be happier.

I know it's kind of typical to come to the forums to complain about this stuff, but I'm seeing the NA server population on a slow decline, and I think the health pool changed on Sandbox will be a VERY important change for the future of this game.

Plus it's like, the only place I can think of that I can express my opinion, get it noticed by the community and by Wargaming staff, and all that jazz.


Edited by Proto464, Nov 15 2019 - 05:03.


tod914 #2 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 07:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 65502 battles
  • 6,966
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
So a slightly tighter shot dispersion pattern and a +/-15% on pen I'd be good with.

alf2499 #3 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 09:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 22547 battles
  • 4,109
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011
If anything damage range RNG should be reduced, getting out-alpah'd by someone who is supposed to pack 60-70 less alpha is ridiculous IMO.

Vulcan_Spectre #4 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 13:44

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6108 battles
  • 1,686
  • [TCM] TCM
  • Member since:
    12-25-2017
KV-2, and Sheridan looking at u

Rawrlynn #5 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 15:03

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 33480 battles
  • 814
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014

View PostProto464, on Nov 15 2019 - 05:01, said:

Note: This is a sort of rant, and is about a little more things in general than just RNG. This is gonna be a long one.

When it comes to RNG, I feel like a 25% - 50% reduction in RNG factors when it comes to the shot actually hitting a place in the reticle (aka much more likely to hit the center, and a smaller reticle in general) would make a HUGE world of difference for this game.

 

Maybe have a 20% reduction in the damage roll variation, and people would be happier. The reason Wargaming.net League crashed and burned like the Hindenburg (I kept my Chrysler GF to continue laughing at that mistake instead of taking the opportunity to trade it in for a Chrysler K when WG offered)  is because of RNG factors, no one likes an RNG-based "competitive" game because that's simply not competitive due to out-of-control factors.
 

My biggest problem with this game is not at all with matchmaking or maps or arty or any of that, it's the RNG that has caused me the most amount of anger and stress I have ever had when playing a video game that's mean to be FUN.

I know this game has serious problems and Wargaming as a company tends to focus on profit, because what big company these days doesn't do that, but I love this game. I've played it for a long while, even on Xbox 360 before I switched to the PC version because WGCB were screwing up. I love this game because one of my conditions makes me very logical, and I love statistics. It's a problem however, when it turns into an abusive ex kind of situation. You uninstall the game and come back months later because you totally forgot what made you completely quit in the first place. I've only managed 4 months, and reinstalled it over a year ago.

I think the T95/FV4201 Chieftain and the Object 279 (e) are absolutely overpowered, and I find people shooting nothing but "special" ammunition to be annoying and blacklist-worthy (don't hate me)

I dislike Prokhorovka and Malinovka very much due to their campy playstyles that lead to longer matches, in fact I have them both as my blacklisted maps. I also hate the fact that the "blowout teams" are coming back, swift defeats in 4 or 5 minutes out of nowhere people so many players are uneducated on how to play and no one wants to teach them how to play and instead everyone acts like an entitled buffoon and trash talks them instead of actually telling them how to do something instead of just saying "you did this wrong"

But all of that, I think, is completely out-of-priority, when shooting at the enemy tanks feels almost completely pointless because your shot is either going to miss, or miss and bounce because it didn't want to hit the center of the reticle. Some people aren't just bad, sometimes the blame is entirely on RNG and I'm getting sick of my shots missing when they are entirely within the realm of possibility to actually connect with the target.

RNG is not a bad thing, as it helps create a diversity that no other system can easily provide. RNG is a cheap and effective solution, but apply too much of it, and you get people raging at the game, then, habitually, they take it out on their fellow tanker. What else causes anger and resentment when an out-of-control factor that is decided by a computer or an outside entity that you believe is in your own control? Oh, gambling.

TL : DR - Reduce reticle RNG factors (where the shell will hit within the reticle) by around 25% - 50% and people will literally be happier.

I know it's kind of typical to come to the forums to complain about this stuff, but I'm seeing the NA server population on a slow decline, and I think the health pool changed on Sandbox will be a VERY important change for the future of this game.

Plus it's like, the only place I can think of that I can express my opinion, get it noticed by the community and by Wargaming staff, and all that jazz.

the RNG is stupid, there is no reason a fully stopped, fully aimed shot on a tank 100m or less away which is also stationary the shell dirts half way to the target.  2-5 shots like that in a match makes you go toxic real fast. in the stationary position rng should decrease over time say 1 second past reticle shrink or so then stop decreasing. 

 

Prokhorovka and Malinovka I think are the best maps because they are not heavy tank friendly like EVERY OTHER MAP. also the only maps that still rely on view range.  the only maps that you can flank enemy positions from anywhere.  I've had less 4-5 minute steamrolls on these 2 maps then any of the corridor maps you like.  these maps also require different tactics the problem is people don't want to play their tanks in the correct positions which causes the game to be drawn out. 

 

sure matches can be longer, but I'd rather have  a long match then a 15-0 steamroll in 4 minutes or less.  



Onath #6 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 16:39

    Private

  • Players
  • 37308 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011
Along time ago WG changed RNG to hit center more often in 0.8.6 by 20%.  They then later nurfed it because it was too much.  Having been around before 0.8.6 the 20% was horrible!

Don't forget it you can hit every time so will the enemy, and those pesky over powered tanks you mentioned well be even better along with many more tanks.

Kliphie #7 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 16:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 33222 battles
  • 5,784
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
Shot dispersion is that allows us gray beards with the shakes to still be competitive in the game.  

AndrewSledge #8 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 16:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 36762 battles
  • 2,142
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014
They said in an interview for WG Fest that they have no plans to change RNG at the moment.

Mikosah #9 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 00:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,521
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013
For tanks that are supposed to be clunky close-range brawlers, the current RNG is somewhat reasonable. The trouble is that the tanks that are supposed to engage at medium and long ranges are horribly unreliable when doing so. If that's by design, then I'd hope WG doesn't fixate on point-blank fighting so much in the future. In the meantime, the KV-2 is one of the better snipers in its tier even in spite of its poor accuracy simply because any hit is useful, even indirect splash in some cases. The much larger target area totally offsets the higher spread and then some. Not being sarcastic either.

_big_bad #10 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 04:15

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 5491 battles
  • 31
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    02-17-2018
the only thing I think is rng is decided the outcome of the battle. When I shoot my first 4 shots and my pen indicator says I am good to shoot and pen, then I bounce 2 and the other 2 is ghost shells( even if my aiming circle is completely inside of the tank) I know it is a lose. Most of the time 4 minutes later defeat 3 to 15. I do understand about the random in the aiming circle but the critical hits, all the mods breaking everytime you get hit and the ghost shells is to much.  I think it helps with the toxic part of the game. I can say from experience that when you fight 22 out of 23 battles as a 2 tier lower bottom tier then go out and bounce a few shots that are suppose to pen and shoot so ghost shells. makes you log out.  

Krupp_Sabot #11 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 08:28

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11370 battles
  • 302
  • Member since:
    07-03-2015
It favors the russian tanks/brawler tanks so i doubt it will change ever. the only way a change would be pushed is if the russian playerbase demanded it but they favor brawling so dont hold your breath.

I_QQ_4_U #12 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 08:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23628 battles
  • 7,550
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016
Believe me the bad to average players wouldn't like less RNG.

Mikosah #13 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 15:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,521
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Nov 16 2019 - 01:51, said:

Believe me the bad to average players wouldn't like less RNG.

 

I'm not so sure about that. I remember when I was new, that there were situations where I'd waited patiently and finally gotten a good target profile to shoot at, only to have my shots inexplicably miss or bounce. Having the guns behave reliably is just as much of an asset to the new players as it is the old ones.



OLDIRTYBOMBER #14 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 17:24

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12253 battles
  • 1,700
  • [DONKY] DONKY
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016
Dumbest shz ever: Having to be perfectly still for 5 seconds to 'be more accurate' and still have RNG drag the shot so far away from center you may as well of been moving and not bothered with aim time

Lapdog1 #15 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 17:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 8849 battles
  • 2,311
  • Member since:
    11-24-2013

View Post_big_bad, on Nov 15 2019 - 21:15, said:

the only thing I think is rng is decided the outcome of the battle. When I shoot my first 4 shots and my pen indicator says I am good to shoot and pen, then I bounce 2 and the other 2 is ghost shells( even if my aiming circle is completely inside of the tank) I know it is a lose. Most of the time 4 minutes later defeat 3 to 15. I do understand about the random in the aiming circle but the critical hits, all the mods breaking everytime you get hit and the ghost shells is to much.  I think it helps with the toxic part of the game. I can say from experience that when you fight 22 out of 23 battles as a 2 tier lower bottom tier then go out and bounce a few shots that are suppose to pen and shoot so ghost shells. makes you log out.  


Those are called Scheduled Losses. That is when Warscamming is using your team to entertain other customers.

 



537dL #16 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 17:43

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 26710 battles
  • 335
  • Member since:
    11-23-2016

View PostKrupp_Sabot, on Nov 16 2019 - 08:28, said:

It favors the russian tanks/brawler tanks so i doubt it will change ever. the only way a change would be pushed is if the russian playerbase demanded it but they favor brawling so dont hold your breath.

 

this is what I was going to post

 

If you think they'll reduce rng / improve accuracy you're crazy

 

the entire point is to encourage the use of low accuracy tanks with strong turrets in hull down positions

 

everyone else can fo

 

it's this way by design, not by accident







Also tagged with RNG, Shooting, Reticle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users