Jump to content


Ranked Battles is an utter joke.

Ranked Battles Ranked Battles

  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

videographer1 #1 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 06:11

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16976 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    05-16-2012

I'm sorry, but when the average/slightly above average player loses mores chevrons than actually "gaining" more chevrons, then there is a MAJOR issue. 

 

This isn't even a grind. At least frontline had a proper reward and was actually a decent grind, all that really mattered was your personal performance in frontline, and whether the team lost or not didn't really hurt you unless you played a horrid game and/or played only for the credits. Even then, I think frontline needs a LOT of issues to address. At least with frontlines issue's you can deal with (ie clown cars, they did eventually)

 

Now let's get into the main event:

 

Ranked Battles.

 

Oh boy...

 

Where do I start?

 

Why in god's name do you need to play 20 pointless battles that in the end don't mean a thing. Yeah, "bonus battles" and all that, but those "bonus" battle literally last like 2-3 days AT MOST, ESPECIALLY if you own A LOT OF TIER 10s. Bonus Battles are a good idea, but my god, the way you executed it is SO BAD. This isn't Clan Wars, Ranked Battles is literally supposed to be the Clan Wars equivalent to pubbies (like me), but that doesn't mean to literally clone it, and SOMEHOW make it worse. The extra chevron is good and all, until you get a team that gets steamrolled 10 times in a row, and just like that, all your progress for the day is over.

 

Speaking of which, I don't know how many times this lesson has to be taught: LOSING STREAKS ARE NOT FUN. At least in pub matches, these only occur in 3-7 games in a row (yeah, that's a lot, I know, but keep reading.). With Ranked Battles, at least for me a Victory is like discovering gold in a mine, or if you want to put it this way, the Patriots not making the playoffs. It's THAT rare, and I'm not even exaggerating. With defeats, they come in, oh boy, from 8-12 defeats in a row. Not even joking, as of now, 8 defeats is my current streak.

 

And with the defeats, you will most likely lose a chevron, unless you find a way out of the mess and manage to get a few shots in before getting blown up. Yeah, "get gud" and all that, but try "getting gud" when your team goes 2-12 and your the last person standing. 

 

Role Experience is stupid, enough said. You're dictating to us how we SHOULD play a tank, and if not, then you're out of luck. How are you supposed to block for damage in the AMX heavy?

 

TL;DR; Ranked Battles suck. There, I said it. 


Edited by videographer1, Nov 17 2019 - 06:12.


NoodleDragon #2 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 06:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23196 battles
  • 768
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    12-14-2011

They're called ranked battles. Imo You shouldn't be able to just get to league because you really want to sooo bad and you grind'ed really hard. Yeah Defeats suck, but if you're playing really well, you're not losing chevs even in defeats. 

 

Also the AMX heavy has some really good armor... though I do disagree with some of their choices 



HTTR4Life #3 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 06:49

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 35822 battles
  • 259
  • [FMBB] FMBB
  • Member since:
    09-22-2013

Ranked separates the wheat from the chaff in the 1st 20 battles, they are the qualifier....

 

it is not for the average player, and not to be insulting but you are in the lower half of the player pool at least get the 1,000,000 silver from the 20 battles and call it a day



F4U_wingman #4 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 06:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 88449 battles
  • 1,075
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013
Not really... I made it to the Bronze League... nice thing about Ranked battles is there are less of the CRAPPY CAMPERS.

HTTR4Life #5 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 06:58

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 35822 battles
  • 259
  • [FMBB] FMBB
  • Member since:
    09-22-2013

View PostF4U_wingman, on Nov 17 2019 - 00:55, said:

Not really... I made it to the Bronze League... nice thing about Ranked battles is there are less of the CRAPPY CAMPERS.

I did too, your right above me in standings.....



xXxDeadZombiexXx #6 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 07:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 41719 battles
  • 3,696
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

View Postvideographer1, on Nov 16 2019 - 23:11, said:

I'm sorry, but when the average/slightly above average player loses mores chevrons than actually "gaining" more chevrons, then there is a MAJOR issue. 

 

This isn't even a grind. At least frontline had a proper reward and was actually a decent grind, all that really mattered was your personal performance in frontline, and whether the team lost or not didn't really hurt you unless you played a horrid game and/or played only for the credits. Even then, I think frontline needs a LOT of issues to address. At least with frontlines issue's you can deal with (ie clown cars, they did eventually)

 

Now let's get into the main event:

 

Ranked Battles.

 

Oh boy...

 

Where do I start?

 

Why in god's name do you need to play 20 pointless battles that in the end don't mean a thing. Yeah, "bonus battles" and all that, but those "bonus" battle literally last like 2-3 days AT MOST, ESPECIALLY if you own A LOT OF TIER 10s. Bonus Battles are a good idea, but my god, the way you executed it is SO BAD. This isn't Clan Wars, Ranked Battles is literally supposed to be the Clan Wars equivalent to pubbies (like me), but that doesn't mean to literally clone it, and SOMEHOW make it worse. The extra chevron is good and all, until you get a team that gets steamrolled 10 times in a row, and just like that, all your progress for the day is over.

 

Speaking of which, I don't know how many times this lesson has to be taught: LOSING STREAKS ARE NOT FUN. At least in pub matches, these only occur in 3-7 games in a row (yeah, that's a lot, I know, but keep reading.). With Ranked Battles, at least for me a Victory is like discovering gold in a mine, or if you want to put it this way, the Patriots not making the playoffs. It's THAT rare, and I'm not even exaggerating. With defeats, they come in, oh boy, from 8-12 defeats in a row. Not even joking, as of now, 8 defeats is my current streak.

 

And with the defeats, you will most likely lose a chevron, unless you find a way out of the mess and manage to get a few shots in before getting blown up. Yeah, "get gud" and all that, but try "getting gud" when your team goes 2-12 and your the last person standing. 

 

Role Experience is stupid, enough said. You're dictating to us how we SHOULD play a tank, and if not, then you're out of luck. How are you supposed to block for damage in the AMX heavy?

 

TL;DR; Ranked Battles suck. There, I said it. 

 

dude, you're not that good in the tier 10's u have (looking at ur tanks in your wot profile, you're at 40% winrate in the 2 u have), not sure why you think u would all of a sudden be better in ranked vs all better players



Rawrlynn #7 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 08:30

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 33328 battles
  • 804
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014

View PostF4U_wingman, on Nov 17 2019 - 06:55, said:

Not really... I made it to the Bronze League... nice thing about Ranked battles is there are less of the CRAPPY CAMPERS.

You haven't been in my battles then, 1 out of 5 battles is a camp, 1 out of 5 lemmings,  2 out of 5 are steam rolls, 1 out of 5 battles is a good fight to win or lose



cheapbooks #8 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 12:40

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39631 battles
  • 1,224
  • [CBKS] CBKS
  • Member since:
    08-21-2013

if you don't like the lower divisions of ranked battles, you definitely will not like the higher divisions.

 

in the lower divisions, everyone lemmings to the same side.

 

in the higher divisions, everyone is in a hull down playing a ridge line. 

 

I enjoyed playing the games where everyone lemmings. I could get behind them and shoot them in the rear because they leave the opposite flank undefended. 

 

I do not enjoy playing the higher divisions because the games are boring. the teams cooperate more, and plan better, however everyone is camped behind a ridge line on both teams. you can spot the enemy all day but your allies are hiding so they won't fire because it would risk exposing too much of their tank, so you certainly get no spotting damage. maybe its just me but I see lots of medium tanks, which I do not like to play.

 

the thing I like about the higher divisions is that the enemy always bunches together behind the same slope so I can hit 5 at once with arty.

 

winrates are no excuse. my win rate in ranked battles is 33% but I still made it passed the 3rd division because I always placed well whether we lost or won.



Atragon #9 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 13:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 44374 battles
  • 5,035
  • [FINES] FINES
  • Member since:
    04-22-2012

View PostHTTR4Life, on Nov 17 2019 - 00:49, said:

Ranked separates the wheat from the chaff in the 1st 20 battles, they are the qualifier....

 

it is not for the average player, and not to be insulting but you are in the lower half of the player pool at least get the 1,000,000 silver from the 20 battles and call it a day

With the player base shrinking and trouble getting enough players to play ranked, it should be for the avg player. I think they should just have more permanent ranks so one doesn't get knocked back as much.



Insanefriend #10 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 13:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 47467 battles
  • 2,025
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

View Postvideographer1, on Nov 16 2019 - 23:11, said:

Role Experience is stupid, enough said. You're dictating to us how we SHOULD play a tank, and if not, then you're out of luck. How are you supposed to block for damage in the AMX heavy?

 

If you read the role Xp, not all heavy tanks have the same roll bonuses.  But really the bonus for blocking damage isn't that much, I had like 6k blocked one match and got no Xp for it.  Just do damage get kills, it's the best way to get Xp for the mode.



Redcoat #11 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 14:05

    Captain

  • Players
  • 68161 battles
  • 1,156
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011

Your argument is invalid on the grounds that you've made at least two presumptions that are clearly erroneous. First, you are in no way an "average/slightly above average player", so your experience is not reflective of theirs. Additionally, you state "Ranked Battles is literally supposed to be the Clan Wars equivalent to pubbies (like me)", but the implied entitlement, to whit, "we deserve the rewards" is in no way true. Ranked is supposed to reward good play ONLY. Whatever you think of your own skill level, the fact is you are not going to progress if you're not pulling your weight. If you can't progress, then the reason is fairly obvious.

 

If you want modes that reward mindless grinding play Frontlines or Home Front... Ranked is supposed to kick you hard if you're not good enough, and if you're getting kicked, then you are not good enough.



wombdoctor #12 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 15:50

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 61
  • [NOBA] NOBA
  • Member since:
    05-23-2016
Get rid of the chieftan and 279 and battles will be better. These 2 op tanks are dominating the leages with stupid armor and turrents. Wargaming knows this but game is built for unicoms

wombdoctor #13 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 15:54

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 61
  • [NOBA] NOBA
  • Member since:
    05-23-2016
I can say that I have never seen a 279 get ammo racked and blow up and I bet no one else has. The other nite in cw we went against a team of 11 chieftans backed by 4 279e and what i wanna know is how u beat that. U cannot!!!!

FatFreddiesCat #14 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 16:34

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41329 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013
Ranked Battles are fantastic. Sorry OP, they are not for bad T10 tank players - unless you are willing to try to improve. It punishes you mercilessly for mistakes. Regardless, at this junction you should be pitted against equally bad T10 players and if you care about being a better player, these last days give you a great opportunity to improve your T10 game. Focus on getting better and help your side win and not chevrons.

WaywardChild #15 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 17:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39215 battles
  • 1,399
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013
I wasn't able to play much of the Ranked Battles, but I learned a lot in the few games I played. Call it good, bad or what you will, Tier X play is different. Once I got the hang of it (kind of), it was very enjoyable and I even had a few really, really, REALLY fun games. I'm selling most of my < tier VIII vehicles now, playing more Tiers IX and X and coming back next year with a vengeance. You have been warned.....hahaha

wombdoctor #16 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 19:40

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 61
  • [NOBA] NOBA
  • Member since:
    05-23-2016

get rid of chieftans and 279 

 



wombdoctor #17 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 19:43

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 61
  • [NOBA] NOBA
  • Member since:
    05-23-2016

View PostxXxDeadZombiexXx, on Nov 17 2019 - 07:09, said:

 

dude, you're not that good in the tier 10's u have (looking at ur tanks in your wot profile, you're at 40% winrate in the 2 u have), not sure why you think u would all of a sudden be better in ranked vs all better players

This game is fixed rng goes only to the few. Just try and grasp that idea

 



Das_Junka #18 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 20:12

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 21979 battles
  • 1,360
  • [ALERT] ALERT
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

>Above average player

>Lose more chevrons than gain

 

Choose one



Rides_with_Death #19 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 20:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 35507 battles
  • 2,539
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011
The meta in ranked reminds me of the old game play from 5 years ago.. I have enjoyed them, wish I would have had more time to play them. 

Ghost_of_Charles_Bronson #20 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 21:19

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 25920 battles
  • 41
  • [SABOT] SABOT
  • Member since:
    12-08-2010

Unless you're consistently in the top 30 percent at tier X, you're going to have a very unpleasant time in this game mode.

 

And I don't mean top 30 percent in pubs, I'm talking about being top 30 percent consistently in matches where:

  • 20-40 percent of the tanks are going to be chieftans, 907s, 279s, etc driven by unicums
  • 50-60 percent of tanks will at least be meta tanks running all the best consumables and ammo

 

And the best part is that if the match turns away from assured victory, half the players will immediately run for the red line bushes to farm damage so they don't end up in the bottom 66 percent and lose a chevron. A lot of this game mode revolves around staying alive and farming damage but also being aggressive enough that you don't miss out on damage if you get a runaway victory.

 

I'm a decent player who took this seriously. Even driving meta tanks (430U) I can't do more than tread water in this game mode. Once I ran out of bonus battles, it all turned to [edited]. Maybe it's that I don't have enough time to devote to this. I'm sure I eventually would have gotten a decent string of battles where I earned chevrons without losing them until I got past the next rank lock. But it's really painful.

 

I think they should bump up the chevron results from battles by one and double the number of chevrons to advance. For example,

Win- top 3 get 3 chevrons, top 10 get 2, bottom 5 get 1

Loss- top 1 gets 2 chevrons, top 5 get 1, bottom 10 get nothing

But it takes twice the chevrons to advance.

 

It's still a long grind but at least you don't have the endless struggle of winning and losing chevrons because MM is being fickle for hours on end.

 

 







Also tagged with Ranked Battles, Ranked, Battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users