Jump to content


Ranked Battles is an utter joke.

Ranked Battles Ranked Battles

  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

An_old_slow_guy #21 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 22:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 63867 battles
  • 1,280
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
  • Member since:
    08-10-2012

Despite my long tenure with WoT this is only the second time I have participated in ranked battles. Played maybe one day and missed two other times due time constraints.  This time around I was able to give it serious effort and time. It's been pretty much a waste of time and just a huge credit dump.  Probably the most disappointing event that I've ever seen Wargaming put up in 6 six years.  I assumed you would see ever improving gameplay as you advanced - but that's not been case.  Far worse gameplay than pub matches or clan wars.  I rarely played poorly, usually always top 5 or top 3 - yet continually was dealt teams that just did not play well at all.  After 5 or more matches of not advancing, yet not losing credits - you just want to give up - then you get the good team that does play well and you end up getting focused out early and finishing near the bottom.  I agree with the OP on most points - those that do advance to a league usually do so by tooning with other unicums or through some extended combo of decent play and extraordinary luck in getting teams that play well.  I picked up some bonds but lost far more credits than I ever have in any event Wargaming has put on and that by itself is enough to turn me off the mode forever.  I enjoy playing WoT but I try to keep expenses in control. 

 

You have a couple of tanks (Chieftain, 279e) that need to be eliminated - they are game breakers and and just not available to players who play the game casually.  The small light tanks carry too much firepower - they should not be able to penetrate you in front while remaining hidden.  4 years ago only one small tank had that ability - the BatChat 25T - now just about every T10 light can do it while enjoying a speed, spotting, and camo advantage.  If my team overly committed to one corridor, I used to able to help save the game by holding down a choke point in a heavy long enough to save a flank - can't do it anymore as a light can now standoff and wear you out without being spotted or zip by you with blinding speed.  I can deal with TDs, meds, heavies (with difficulty the 2 already mentioned) and arty.  Light tanks have too much of an advantage now, and they end up forcing you to play and share the same narrow corridors with other heavies or push with meds who too often hang back and snipe while they expect you to lead and take all the dmg.  I have played arty a lot and enjoyed it, but now when I try to play my second favorite type - heavies - it's mostly a chore and not much fun at all.  Way too much arcade action for the benefit of a few, and way too less thought given to maps that allow heavies to have a decent game too. 



BEASTY_BUCKEYE #22 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 22:37

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 39281 battles
  • 439
  • Member since:
    06-05-2014

View Postvideographer1, on Nov 16 2019 - 23:11, said:

I'm sorry, but when the average/slightly above average player loses mores chevrons than actually "gaining" more chevrons, then there is a MAJOR issue. 

 

This isn't even a grind. At least frontline had a proper reward and was actually a decent grind, all that really mattered was your personal performance in frontline, and whether the team lost or not didn't really hurt you unless you played a horrid game and/or played only for the credits. Even then, I think frontline needs a LOT of issues to address. At least with frontlines issue's you can deal with (ie clown cars, they did eventually)

 

Now let's get into the main event:

 

Ranked Battles.

 

Oh boy...

 

Where do I start?

 

Why in god's name do you need to play 20 pointless battles that in the end don't mean a thing. Yeah, "bonus battles" and all that, but those "bonus" battle literally last like 2-3 days AT MOST, ESPECIALLY if you own A LOT OF TIER 10s. Bonus Battles are a good idea, but my god, the way you executed it is SO BAD. This isn't Clan Wars, Ranked Battles is literally supposed to be the Clan Wars equivalent to pubbies (like me), but that doesn't mean to literally clone it, and SOMEHOW make it worse. The extra chevron is good and all, until you get a team that gets steamrolled 10 times in a row, and just like that, all your progress for the day is over.

 

Speaking of which, I don't know how many times this lesson has to be taught: LOSING STREAKS ARE NOT FUN. At least in pub matches, these only occur in 3-7 games in a row (yeah, that's a lot, I know, but keep reading.). With Ranked Battles, at least for me a Victory is like discovering gold in a mine, or if you want to put it this way, the Patriots not making the playoffs. It's THAT rare, and I'm not even exaggerating. With defeats, they come in, oh boy, from 8-12 defeats in a row. Not even joking, as of now, 8 defeats is my current streak.

 

And with the defeats, you will most likely lose a chevron, unless you find a way out of the mess and manage to get a few shots in before getting blown up. Yeah, "get gud" and all that, but try "getting gud" when your team goes 2-12 and your the last person standing. 

 

Role Experience is stupid, enough said. You're dictating to us how we SHOULD play a tank, and if not, then you're out of luck. How are you supposed to block for damage in the AMX heavy?

 

TL;DR; Ranked Battles suck. There, I said it. 

So you found a game mode that you suck at. And you first response is its trash. Because your not gifted with wins and rewards. Its a competitive game mode, if you feel you can't compete don't play the mode.



General_Potatoo #23 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 22:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45773 battles
  • 564
  • [EWC] EWC
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

ranked battle now joike really

and i decided no continue in this stupid mod

3day after i reach to rank 7 back to 4

yesterday I am back from 7 to 5 hour with bots and idiots teams 

after i win 6 chevron i lose 7 chevron for 5hour waste in my life 

 



General_Potatoo #24 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 22:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45773 battles
  • 564
  • [EWC] EWC
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Nov 17 2019 - 23:37, said:

So you found a game mode that you suck at. And you first response is its trash. Because your not gifted with wins and rewards. Its a competitive game mode, if you feel you can't compete don't play the mode.

mod really bad bcz bots and lose chevron 

mod must fix be smart 

by this way ranked will dead soon 



Zigur #25 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 23:35

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 22474 battles
  • 1,627
  • [ASHEN] ASHEN
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Nov 17 2019 - 22:37, said:

So you found a game mode that you suck at. And you first response is its trash. Because your not gifted with wins and rewards. Its a competitive game mode, if you feel you can't compete don't play the mode.

 

No no no it can't possibly be that they are bad, its the game's fault!



videographer1 #26 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 00:10

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17588 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    05-16-2012

View PostAlpharius_____, on Nov 17 2019 - 13:12, said:

>Above average player

>Lose more chevrons than gain

 

Choose one

 

Never said I was the "above average" player. I was speaking for the MAJORITY of people who play Ranked Battles. Jesus christ, did you even read my post? 


Edited by videographer1, Nov 18 2019 - 00:11.


Insanefriend #27 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 04:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 48737 battles
  • 2,178
  • [TRY] TRY
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Nov 17 2019 - 15:02, said:

You have a couple of tanks (Chieftain, 279e) that need to be eliminated - they are game breakers and and just not available to players who play the game casually.  The small light tanks carry too much firepower - they should not be able to penetrate you in front while remaining hidden.  4 years ago only one small tank had that ability - the BatChat 25T - now just about every T10 light can do it while enjoying a speed, spotting, and camo advantage.  If my team overly committed to one corridor, I used to able to help save the game by holding down a choke point in a heavy long enough to save a flank - can't do it anymore as a light can now standoff and wear you out without being spotted or zip by you with blinding speed.  I can deal with TDs, meds, heavies (with difficulty the 2 already mentioned) and arty.  Light tanks have too much of an advantage now, and they end up forcing you to play and share the same narrow corridors with other heavies or push with meds who too often hang back and snipe while they expect you to lead and take all the dmg.  I have played arty a lot and enjoyed it, but now when I try to play my second favorite type - heavies - it's mostly a chore and not much fun at all.  Way too much arcade action for the benefit of a few, and way too less thought given to maps that allow heavies to have a decent game too. 

 

Most light tanks have a really hard time in ranked, since teams tend to be grouped together more.  Light tanks are really only effective after half if not more then half the enemy team is knocked out.  Which means if you get a team that get's rolled your not doing much other then fleeing and trying to get some damage in.  Most medium tanks can do better then the light tanks as they can use the same bush and spotting play that makes light tanks hard to see.  I'll suggest looking at your stats you spend some more time playing high tier light tanks since you don't have many light tank battles.  Then come back and tell me how op they are.



jeb2 #28 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 04:38

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 53444 battles
  • 720
  • [HU] HU
  • Member since:
    08-07-2015

It may well be worse than a joke.

 

Did you see the replay posted here:

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/615032-how-not-to-play-arty-when-you-have-goonz-on-ur-team-and-goonz-on-the-other-team/

 

How many other times did that clan do that?  Remember, perps rarely ever get caught the first time.  They generally get caught when they do it over and over and get over-confident. 

 

How many other clans have been doing it?  Why is that clan allowed to continue to exist?  The entire Ranked Battles concept can now be called into question.

 

Sure, the standard reply may well be this was an exception, but was it?  Really?  How would they know?  What will WG do to ensure it really is an outlier?

 

 



firemick #29 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 07:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 70200 battles
  • 831
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011
I fell just short of making it to league. Timed out at Rank 8 plus 1 in 1st Division. What now? Do you start all over in Season 2? 

Saffron_Blaze #30 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 07:28

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 27581 battles
  • 224
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017
I made it to 8th rank plus 2 chevrons despite a persistent 25% WR. Then a series of bad games brought me down to the shield at 7 rank. I gave up.

SimplyPzB2 #31 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 07:58

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 106 battles
  • 795
  • Member since:
    05-26-2016

View Postvideographer1, on Nov 17 2019 - 06:11, said:

I'm sorry, but when the average/slightly above average player loses mores chevrons than actually "gaining" more chevrons, then there is a MAJOR issue. 

 

This isn't even a grind. At least frontline had a proper reward and was actually a decent grind, all that really mattered was your personal performance in frontline, and whether the team lost or not didn't really hurt you unless you played a horrid game and/or played only for the credits. Even then, I think frontline needs a LOT of issues to address. At least with frontlines issue's you can deal with (ie clown cars, they did eventually)

 

Now let's get into the main event:

 

Ranked Battles.

 

Oh boy...

 

Where do I start?

 

Why in god's name do you need to play 20 pointless battles that in the end don't mean a thing. Yeah, "bonus battles" and all that, but those "bonus" battle literally last like 2-3 days AT MOST, ESPECIALLY if you own A LOT OF TIER 10s. Bonus Battles are a good idea, but my god, the way you executed it is SO BAD. This isn't Clan Wars, Ranked Battles is literally supposed to be the Clan Wars equivalent to pubbies (like me), but that doesn't mean to literally clone it, and SOMEHOW make it worse. The extra chevron is good and all, until you get a team that gets steamrolled 10 times in a row, and just like that, all your progress for the day is over.

 

Speaking of which, I don't know how many times this lesson has to be taught: LOSING STREAKS ARE NOT FUN. At least in pub matches, these only occur in 3-7 games in a row (yeah, that's a lot, I know, but keep reading.). With Ranked Battles, at least for me a Victory is like discovering gold in a mine, or if you want to put it this way, the Patriots not making the playoffs. It's THAT rare, and I'm not even exaggerating. With defeats, they come in, oh boy, from 8-12 defeats in a row. Not even joking, as of now, 8 defeats is my current streak.

 

And with the defeats, you will most likely lose a chevron, unless you find a way out of the mess and manage to get a few shots in before getting blown up. Yeah, "get gud" and all that, but try "getting gud" when your team goes 2-12 and your the last person standing. 

 

Role Experience is stupid, enough said. You're dictating to us how we SHOULD play a tank, and if not, then you're out of luck. How are you supposed to block for damage in the AMX heavy?

 

TL;DR; Ranked Battles suck. There, I said it. 


Tonight was the last night of ranked.  I won FOUR, LOST EIGHTEEN.   That's an 18% win rate.  God dam terrible.  100% bad luck.  No game should allow that much bad luck...



Tolos #32 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 08:09

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,848
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View Postwombdoctor, on Nov 17 2019 - 14:54, said:

I can say that I have never seen a 279 get ammo racked and blow up and I bet no one else has. The other nite in cw we went against a team of 11 chieftans backed by 4 279e and what i wanna know is how u beat that. U cannot!!!!

 

Yes you can. You outplay them. If the clan is already very good, then they would beat you regardless of what tanks they used. 



Tolos #33 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 08:10

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,848
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View PostSimplyPzB2, on Nov 18 2019 - 06:58, said:


Tonight was the last night of ranked.  I won FOUR, LOST EIGHTEEN.   That's an 18% win rate.  God dam terrible.  100% bad luck.  No game should allow that much bad luck...

 

But it's ranked with basically a SBMM, isn't that what you said should be used to stop all the loss streaks ?. 



Redcoat #34 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 15:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 69270 battles
  • 1,209
  • [BETAS] BETAS
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011

View Postfiremick, on Nov 18 2019 - 07:18, said:

I fell just short of making it to league. Timed out at Rank 8 plus 1 in 1st Division. What now? Do you start all over in Season 2? 

 

I feel ya

 



24cups #35 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 16:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 24879 battles
  • 4,597
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View Postezz_wing, on Nov 17 2019 - 16:50, said:

ranked battle now joike really

and i decided no continue in this stupid mod

3day after i reach to rank 7 back to 4

yesterday I am back from 7 to 5 hour with bots and idiots teams 

after i win 6 chevron i lose 7 chevron for 5hour waste in my life 

 

Isn't rank 7 the guarantee rank where you no longer go backwards  ?

Not sure as I only got to 1 Chevron short of that but Im sure someone can verify that. 



gatorken #36 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 16:47

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 80012 battles
  • 388
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E
  • Member since:
    12-29-2013

I believed the skill thing was the reason I never made to past rank 1-2 until a clan member with a PR 1000 points less than my crappy PR ranked out and did it playing 100% arty.

 

Now I am convinced it's just blind luck and will never be convinced otherwise. 



TTV_Browntown13 #37 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 16:59

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22231 battles
  • 48
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View PostWaywardChild, on Nov 17 2019 - 11:13, said:

I wasn't able to play much of the Ranked Battles, but I learned a lot in the few games I played. Call it good, bad or what you will, Tier X play is different. Once I got the hang of it (kind of), it was very enjoyable and I even had a few really, really, REALLY fun games. I'm selling most of my < tier VIII vehicles now, playing more Tiers IX and X and coming back next year with a vengeance. You have been warned.....hahaha

 

Good for you for learning from the experience and good luck in the next season! Don't get too upset when I beat you though ;) 



TTV_Browntown13 #38 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 17:01

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22231 battles
  • 48
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View Postwombdoctor, on Nov 17 2019 - 13:43, said:

This game is fixed rng goes only to the few. Just try and grasp that idea

 

Lol, what? 

 

It's literally random. That's the whole point. People get lucky rolls, people get unlucky rolls. Unicums gave the same rng as the people who claim everything is rigged, like you. Stop whining and take smarter shots. 



TTV_Browntown13 #39 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 17:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22231 battles
  • 48
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View Postfiremick, on Nov 18 2019 - 01:18, said:

I fell just short of making it to league. Timed out at Rank 8 plus 1 in 1st Division. What now? Do you start all over in Season 2? 

Yes, and you can still grt the tank if you get into any league in the next season. 



TTV_Browntown13 #40 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 17:09

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22231 battles
  • 48
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View PostRedcoat, on Nov 18 2019 - 09:49, said:

 

I feel ya

 

Rip. 







Also tagged with Ranked Battles, Ranked, Battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users