Game Crashing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kreeper01 #1 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 06:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 18895 battles
So I can log into the game and play around with everything, but once I join a battle, the game crashes on the battle loading screen.  Any suggestions?

Rawrlynn #2 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 09:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33371 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

considering it's loading into battle, I'd suggest one of your mods is causing the crash.

PuddleSplasher #3 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 14:59

Major

• Players
  • 39613 battles

This is a common issue with any easy resolution.

Lets start with thinking that your game on the PC is stored on your C drive and that you understand what I (a total novice) mean with following the path. You are seeking to find 2 folder mods and res mods:

Go to:

My computer/C:drive/Games/World_Of Tanks/mods Now delete all files within 1.6.1.3 and that will give you a clean, empty file (no hidden mods, cheats etc)

then follow that same path but change to res_mods.

My computer/C:drive/Games/World_Of Tanks/res_mods Now delete all files within 1.6.1.3 and that will give you a clean, empty file (no hidden mods, cheats etc), remove any other files within res_mods

Now you are running a 100% clean WOT game. Enter your game and allow the game to update as normal if it suggests to do so. If not you are free and clean to play what the others call "A Vanilla" game, one free of any Mods/changes.

Hope that helps.

Edited by PuddleSplasher, Nov 17 2019 - 15:01.

X32Wright #4 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 00:25

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 43791 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

check this:

http://forum.worldof...client-crashes/

Griffon327327 #5 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 04:07

Captain

• Players
  • 90347 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Nov 17 2019 - 13:59, said:

This is a common issue with any easy resolution.

Lets start with thinking that your game on the PC is stored on your C drive and that you understand what I (a total novice) mean with following the path. You are seeking to find 2 folder mods and res mods:

Go to:

My computer/C:drive/Games/World_Of Tanks/mods Now delete all files within 1.6.1.3 and that will give you a clean, empty file (no hidden mods, cheats etc)

then follow that same path but change to res_mods.

My computer/C:drive/Games/World_Of Tanks/res_mods Now delete all files within 1.6.1.3 and that will give you a clean, empty file (no hidden mods, cheats etc), remove any other files within res_mods

Now you are running a 100% clean WOT game. Enter your game and allow the game to update as normal if it suggests to do so. If not you are free and clean to play what the others call "A Vanilla" game, one free of any Mods/changes.

Hope that helps.

Rather then deleting all his mods immediately why not simply boot the game vanilla it bypasses all mods in the game mode if problem is still there is not mod related ...and it takes a fraction of the time

PuddleSplasher #6 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 14:07

Major

• Players
  • 39613 battles

View PostGriffon327327, on Nov 18 2019 - 03:07, said:

Rather then deleting all his mods immediately why not simply boot the game vanilla it bypasses all mods in the game mode if problem is still there is not mod related ...and it takes a fraction of the time

Am I missing something? To boot the game in vanilla mode means to have no Mods. Perhaps you will be teaching an old timer today. How would you boot the game in vanilla mode with Mods installed?

Perhaps I should have additionally suggested to copy and cut the files within the above folders and then paste them into 2 newly created folders on your desktop. Then if the game works in vanilla mode you know it's one of your Mods that is causing the issue. This takes quite literally 30 seconds.

Griffon327327 #7 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 10:33

Captain

• Players
  • 90347 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Nov 19 2019 - 13:07, said:

Am I missing something? To boot the game in vanilla mode means to have no Mods. Perhaps you will be teaching an old timer today. How would you boot the game in vanilla mode with Mods installed?

Perhaps I should have additionally suggested to copy and cut the files within the above folders and then paste them into 2 newly created folders on your desktop. Then if the game works in vanilla mode you know it's one of your Mods that is causing the issue. This takes quite literally 30 seconds.

In the game launcher the big orange start game buttun has an arrow built in on right side .. you click it and option to launch game in vanilla mode is present along with another option to load video card options at low settings for the cheap illiterates with a $25 video card from 1998 who feel it is their god given right to play 4k HD at max settings with a 20 year old dell workstation mind you not even a gaming rig ..

Griffon327327 #8 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 10:39

Captain

• Players
  • 90347 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

Found reason for my late night game crashes .. apparently if you are gaming like me in the wee hours of AM about 2-3 hours prior to server reset and they have a micro patch it apparently boots you out of the game so you have to log back in and game center does its tiny tiny tiny micropatch and brings you up to date ..

apparently wargaming is so impatient they no longer wait till server reset for changes and experiment changes on early morning players ?

this happens apparently to the people who turn off game center as soon as the game starts and to the other players with limited cpu / bandwidth that the update going on in the background causes game to crash

last update for me this happened at 3:00 am in morning 3 hours prior to frontline coming back on ...  apparently wargaming figures everyone has a 12 thousand dollar gaming rig with 32 gigs of ram ?  don't you ?

Griffon327327 #9 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 10:41

Captain

• Players
  • 90347 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

i left my 12 thousand dollar gaming rig out in the shed for my husky to face time his buddy so Im using my 11 thousand 995 back up gaming rig

PuddleSplasher #10 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 17:26

Major

• Players
  • 39613 battles

View PostGriffon327327, on Nov 20 2019 - 09:33, said:

In the game launcher the big orange start game buttun has an arrow built in on right side .. you click it and option to launch game in vanilla mode

I shall have a look at that.

Thanks as I thought you were just being funny :P:great:

OMG +1 for you. I wonder who else has never noticed that. Thank you so much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users