Are they Serious? 900+ damage from HE round

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

1ST_AD_Abrams #1 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 13:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4713 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Now I don't understand this.  HE rounds are for arty and use by tanks on tanks that have open turrets and/or supposedly to knock out modules or crew.

Tier VI M4A3E2

Tier VI KV2

The KV fired one HE round and did over 900 points in damage, 1 shot - 1 kill, with 86 penetration to the front of the M4A3E2.  Sure the Sherman is weak armor but this is the tank where they added what, 30mm + in the front.  I have the highest researchable turret for my tank.

Now who in the world gave this a thumbs up.  I was even using Premium APCR on him, 2 shots to his side flank at the tracks, no damage.  How in the world did someone wanted this tank to kill on first strikes or something?  I have been dealing with lopsided games for a whole week, talking about where one team killed just 1 enemy tank and they killed all of our tanks.  Also putting up with +2 Tier differential between my tank and the other team, sometimes where they team is more than 50% +2 tiers, so t7 vs t9, t6 vs t7, even tier 4 vs t6 and so the premium round is really the only hope.

Between matchmaking, tier imbalances, performance and damage causing potential and semi unrealistic spots to damage tanks, and of course a boat load of backseat drivers/watching from the stands, this game I have no idea how they still make money.  There were listed in a 2016 Computer Magazine as being 1 of the top 10 pure cash cows and the model they had was in such a way that because they favor their Premium (pay money to win) Tanks that after losing you will finally try to buy your way to more power (would need to re-read the article to confirm the last part of compelling you to spend money to get a better edge over others). 

I am now asking myself with all those problems how can i continue to play.  Well the really only vivid graphically tank warfare game on the market today.  Too bad they can't get the people behind all the Jane's Combat Simulations (before that last title they released which was awful) and build a better tank pvp/pve game.  Since this company obviously has no clue about the disparities in the game.  There are some very hostile words I would say but don't to get banned plus I don't usually talk like that anyways.  However of all the games I have ever played, from the Apple IIe to games made in 2019, where they apparently focused on making money, having the best graphics and fumbled the ball so badly on the other things they have to find ways to keep you playing.  I still think the only way to affect change is a boycott of a day or two so we get their attention.  Man I so angry and frustrated over that 900+ HE round at tier 6. 

Vulcan_Spectre #2 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 13:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6088 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Nov 19 2019 - 07:28, said:

Now I don't understand this.  HE rounds are for arty and use by tanks on tanks that have open turrets and/or supposedly to knock out modules or crew.

Tier VI M4A3E2

Tier VI KV2

The KV fired one HE round and did over 900 points in damage, 1 shot - 1 kill, with 86 penetration to the front of the M4A3E2.  Sure the Sherman is weak armor but this is the tank where they added what, 30mm + in the front.  I have the highest researchable turret for my tank.

First mistake, the stock turret has 152 mm of armor

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #3 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 13:45

Captain

• Players
  • 35233 battles
I give this two thumbs up and 3 appendages in total for the one shot kill.

Insanefriend #4 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 14:32

Major

• Players
  • 47585 battles
I recommend taking the time to check out armor on tanks.gg.  You'll find the jumbo armor is pretty junk, even from the front.

FrozenKemp #5 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 54193 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY
Yeah hate to say it but I would run with the first turret and the derp. The second turret is like an E8 turret, it's just blah. 

_Tsavo_ #6 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46824 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

You don't want to run the "upgraded" turret on the E2.  You want 105 and stock turret for durability.  The top turret won't hold up to a KV-2 HE shell. 

The KV isn't a surprise to anyone, it's been in the game since the start. 

AndrewSledge #7 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 14:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 36744 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
I'm sorry, we won't tolerate complaints about the KV-2 here! That thing is glorious.

ChaseR392 #8 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 14:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9224 battles

30 seconds on tanks.gg shows that a KV-2 has a 100% chance to pen the turret cheeks on the upgraded turret with its standard round. The rounds would not pen the stock turret.

The problem in this case is operator error on your part.

The rest is just complaining....

The_Illusive_Man #9 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 15:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

User: Complains about a T6 HE round

WG: Wait till you hit T10...

Posted Image

CynicalDutchie #10 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 43850 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostAndrewSledge, on Nov 19 2019 - 14:50, said:

I'm sorry, we won't tolerate complaints about the KV-2 here! That thing is glorious.

It's complete cancer and should not be in the game in its current state.

Sturm_Teufel #11 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 16:54

Major

• Players
  • 48748 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
Lol. I remember when the KV derped around tier 5. And had a nasty HEAT round. It would send tier 8 tanks back to the garage.

KRZYBooP #12 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 17:56

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4146 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Nov 19 2019 - 06:28, said:

Tier VI M4A3E2

Tier VI KV2

Now who in the world gave this a thumbs up.  I was even using Premium APCR on him, 2 shots to his side flank at the tracks, no damage.  How in the world did someone wanted this tank to kill on first strikes or something?  I have been dealing with lopsided games for a whole week, talking about where one team killed just 1 enemy tank and they killed all of our tanks.  Also putting up with +2 Tier differential between my tank and the other team, sometimes where they team is more than 50% +2 tiers, so t7 vs t9, t6 vs t7, even tier 4 vs t6 and so the premium round is really the only hope.

Between matchmaking, tier imbalances, performance and damage causing potential and semi unrealistic spots to damage tanks, and of course a boat load of backseat drivers/watching from the stands, this game I have no idea how they still make money.  There were listed in a 2016 Computer Magazine as being 1 of the top 10 pure cash cows and the model they had was in such a way that because they favor their Premium (pay money to win) Tanks that after losing you will finally try to buy your way to more power (would need to re-read the article to confirm the last part of compelling you to spend money to get a better edge over others). 

I am now asking myself with all those problems how can i continue to play.  Well the really only vivid graphically tank warfare game on the market today.  Too bad they can't get the people behind all the Jane's Combat Simulations (before that last title they released which was awful) and build a better tank pvp/pve game.  Since this company obviously has no clue about the disparities in the game.  There are some very hostile words I would say but don't to get banned plus I don't usually talk like that anyways.  However of all the games I have ever played, from the Apple IIe to games made in 2019, where they apparently focused on making money, having the best graphics and fumbled the ball so badly on the other things they have to find ways to keep you playing.  I still think the only way to affect change is a boycott of a day or two so we get their attention.  Man I so angry and frustrated over that 900+ HE round at tier 6. 

Some thoughts on your post about speaking your mind on our forums. You don't get banned for criticizing our game. Our forum wouldn't have any posts if we banned every WoT nay sayer, As long as you don't use harsh profanity while pointing out flaws in the game you are fine. For more information on this stuff it is in our EULA. 

Now, our game is not aimed at being a simulator and somethings are not 100% up to realism. Such as fixing a tank track from inside a tank, or using a med kit on a dead crew member which magically revives them. 900 Damage on a shot is a little nuts, but there is a feature in our game where the damage lingers. This means if  you take 2 shots from two separate Tanks at the same time the damage will be added together but in reality they are split up. Now 900 is possible but its a really good hit and doesn't happen very often due to how the Round actually deals damage. 

To your point though yes HE is ridiculous at times which is why the Type5 Heavy saw some nerfs recently, and more importantly our Devs are trying to re-balance all the gold rounds available in the game which is turning out to be kinda a chore. MM is constantly being worked and the line up that you described is pretty normal. Now MM doesn't look at player skill and steam rolls can happen all the time, even with Unicum and Clan wars they happen. Its part of a team shooter game dynamic where more guns tend to mean you win easier. The difference is in our game not every shot is the same and guaranteed to damage a tank. I am sure you felt those BS shots that you wanted to land but drifted off and bounced. 

It is pretty arguable about Premium tanks, some are good and some are not so good. They used to be not as good as tech tree tanks, but then the point was brought up to spending real money on a tank with the only advantage being more credits/ exp/ crew training. As tech tree tanks got better it was harder for a premium tank to receive the benefits if they can't do damage/ can't block any shots/ are not that useful in battle. Perferred MM tanks happened that only see one tier up, and when WG trying to buff them so they could see MMing like all the other tanks our players disagreed hardcore and they pulled the changes. 

Shooting a tank in the tracks doesn't guarantee damage but can destroy the tracks leaving a tank out in the open to welcome all the tank Shots to the face. You even get rewarded for doing this for your team along with spotting and stunning enemies.

Finally, this is a free to play game. No WG doesn't make it easy since it relies on players to choose whether they want to spend money on our game or not. You as a player gets to play a game for free and pick a price you want to contribute. Premium tanks can be seen as pay to win, but it really doesn't guarantee a win. It can still take damage, isn't bullet proof, and can't one shot a tank with every round. Staring down the barrel of a KV-2 isn't a good spot to be in, but on the other hand after a shot you have 20 seconds after it shoots to punish it. 

Remember this is a Team based game and the less randoms you play with the better. If you need any other information about the game please let me know. 

Zanarkand_C #13 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 18:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 37050 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 19 2019 - 11:56, said:

Finally, this is a free to play game. No WG doesn't make it easy since it relies on players to choose whether they want to spend money on our game or not. You as a player gets to play a game for free and pick a price you want to contribute. Premium tanks can be seen as pay to win, but it really doesn't guarantee a win. It can still take damage, isn't bullet proof, and can't one shot a tank with every round. Staring down the barrel of a KV-2 isn't a good spot to be in, but on the other hand after a shot you have 20 seconds after it shoots to punish it. 

But you can buy blatantly better tanks then their tech tree counterparts. Good stuff.

Vulcan_Spectre #14 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 18:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6088 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View PostZanarkand_C, on Nov 19 2019 - 12:03, said:

But you can buy blatantly better tanks then their tech tree counterparts. Good stuff.

Kv2 and kv-2® same tank, 

Cromwell and Cromwell B pretty much same tank, the B has slightly better radio range

Edited by Vulcan_Spectre, Nov 19 2019 - 18:45.

Jhuderis #15 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 21:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6390 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Every time you get one shot, steam-rolled, etc. remember that you've likely done the same to someone else, leaving you feeling rad that you did XYZ and them yelling at their screen that the game is broken. It totally goes both ways and it should. 

LeaveIT2Beaver #16 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 03:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 37484 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Killing me makes you a slimeball hacker

Kramah313 #17 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 15:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5195 battles
900+ damage is impressive considering the jumbo has 760 HP with the top turret

dunniteowl #18 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 16:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostKramah313, on Nov 20 2019 - 08:47, said:

900+ damage is impressive considering the jumbo has 760 HP with the top turret

With HE you can receive more damage than you can take.  I've seen my tanks hit for 100+ beyond what I have.  I have also noticed when dropping shells from on high that some of my shots gave out much more damage (HE explosion) than they actually delivered to the tank I was targeting.  It might have been that sort of information the OP saw.

I can't verify this other than with a 'cool story' beyond the observations I have made during play.  I have seen HE deliver more damage on the screen than it could actually deliver to the tank in question; as an example I once slammed a T67 for 473 HP of HE damage, needless to say, I only got credit for the 340 HP available and the rest was just 'blast effect' total displayed on screen.  At least, that was how I interpreted what I saw.

I've seen those things more than occasionally as I have a very slow, old, moldy potato of a computer made in 2010, which sort of requires me to play SPGs a lot, especially when my wireless ISPs connection is less than stellar, which is often.  I just can't seem to get my neighbors to trim their trees past my property line and there's another 7 miles to go between me and the receiver, so my line of sight is sometimes a bit greener than I'd like.  Go figure.

I have seen more "punch" delivered than the target can handle.  My HP log shows only the actual damage, though.

OvO

Kramah313 #19 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 16:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5195 battles

:great:View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 20 2019 - 16:07, said:

With HE you can receive more damage than you can take.  I've seen my tanks hit for 100+ beyond what I have.  I have also noticed when dropping shells from on high that some of my shots gave out much more damage (HE explosion) than they actually delivered to the tank I was targeting.  It might have been that sort of information the OP saw.

I can't verify this other than with a 'cool story' beyond the observations I have made during play.  I have seen HE deliver more damage on the screen than it could actually deliver to the tank in question; as an example I once slammed a T67 for 473 HP of HE damage, needless to say, I only got credit for the 340 HP available and the rest was just 'blast effect' total displayed on screen.  At least, that was how I interpreted what I saw.

I've seen those things more than occasionally as I have a very slow, old, moldy potato of a computer made in 2010, which sort of requires me to play SPGs a lot, especially when my wireless ISPs connection is less than stellar, which is often.  I just can't seem to get my neighbors to trim their trees past my property line and there's another 7 miles to go between me and the receiver, so my line of sight is sometimes a bit greener than I'd like.  Go figure.

I have seen more "punch" delivered than the target can handle.  My HP log shows only the actual damage, though.

OvO

Interesting - I don’t THINK I have seen this but now I’m not sure. I might have to watch for it now. I have been educated :great:

Das_Flamingo #20 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 20:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14079 battles

It helps if you realize that the game exists in the hazy area between arcade and realism. Even the other competitors have to make this sort of trade off, allowing respawns and such like. A cast iron HE round filled with TNT is going to cause issues with any vehicle, and the bigger the boom, the more likely it is to actually knock out a tank. It also helps to remember that the KV-2 doesn't really fire HE. It fires a tiny, angry little soviet man out of the barrel, who whips out his Stalinium Hammer and beats your tank to death with it. 

As an aside,  I never understood why people don't like the hit points mechanic, as it broadly correlates to real battle damage. Assume a tank starts combat with a certain battle readiness, as hits are taken, like to a commander hatch, the battle worthiness of the vehicle drops, eventually reaching the point where the tank is no longer battle worthy. 

Don't eat yellow snow, don't chew on blasting caps and never use the upgraded turret on the Jumbo. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users