Are they Serious? 900+ damage from HE round

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

SquishySupreme #21 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 06:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3766 battles

View PostChaseR392, on Nov 19 2019 - 14:53, said:

30 seconds on tanks.gg shows that a KV-2 has a 100% chance to pen the turret cheeks on the upgraded turret with its standard round. The rounds would not pen the stock turret.

The problem in this case is operator error on your part.

The rest is just complaining....

KV 2 is fine.  After all, it has a nearly 20 second reload.  If it misses or even if it kills one tank, if the enemies are smart, it's dead right afterwards.  It's when you let it live for 5 minutes that things get to be a bit pear-shaped.

Usually what happens to me is I kill something and a LT runs in, mauls me for 700 damage before I can kill it, then arty punks me.  It's not nearly as OP as people make it out to be.

ChaseR392 #22 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 07:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9204 battles

View PostSquishySupreme, on Nov 25 2019 - 06:42, said:

KV 2 is fine.  After all, it has a nearly 20 second reload.  If it misses or even if it kills one tank, if the enemies are smart, it's dead right afterwards.  It's when you let it live for 5 minutes that things get to be a bit pear-shaped.

Usually what happens to me is I kill something and a LT runs in, mauls me for 700 damage before I can kill it, then arty punks me.  It's not nearly as OP as people make it out to be.

Agreed... its a great tank to take out for a few "fun" battles to blow off steam but it isn't game breaking or OP.

In fact, it should be the first scary tank newer players learn to "deal" with.... since its vulnerabilities are rather easy to exploit.

SquishySupreme #23 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 18:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3766 battles
Yes, it IS fun, though... Now the Skorpion G ... same type of derp gun, turret, and good camo... that's a problem and slightly OP.

Gunn_Fyter #24 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 12:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 472 battles

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Nov 19 2019 - 13:28, said:

Now I don't understand this.  HE rounds are for arty and use by tanks on tanks that have open turrets and/or supposedly to knock out modules or crew.

Tier VI M4A3E2

Tier VI KV2

The KV fired one HE round and did over 900 points in damage, 1 shot - 1 kill, with 86 penetration to the front of the M4A3E2.  Sure the Sherman is weak armor but this is the tank where they added what, 30mm + in the front.  I have the highest researchable turret for my tank.

Now who in the world gave this a thumbs up.  I was even using Premium APCR on him, 2 shots to his side flank at the tracks, no damage.  How in the world did someone wanted this tank to kill on first strikes or something?  I have been dealing with lopsided games for a whole week, talking about where one team killed just 1 enemy tank and they killed all of our tanks.  Also putting up with +2 Tier differential between my tank and the other team, sometimes where they team is more than 50% +2 tiers, so t7 vs t9, t6 vs t7, even tier 4 vs t6 and so the premium round is really the only hope.

Between matchmaking, tier imbalances, performance and damage causing potential and semi unrealistic spots to damage tanks, and of course a boat load of backseat drivers/watching from the stands, this game I have no idea how they still make money.  There were listed in a 2016 Computer Magazine as being 1 of the top 10 pure cash cows and the model they had was in such a way that because they favor their Premium (pay money to win) Tanks that after losing you will finally try to buy your way to more power (would need to re-read the article to confirm the last part of compelling you to spend money to get a better edge over others). 

I am now asking myself with all those problems how can i continue to play.  Well the really only vivid graphically tank warfare game on the market today.  Too bad they can't get the people behind all the Jane's Combat Simulations (before that last title they released which was awful) and build a better tank pvp/pve game.  Since this company obviously has no clue about the disparities in the game.  There are some very hostile words I would say but don't to get banned plus I don't usually talk like that anyways.  However of all the games I have ever played, from the Apple IIe to games made in 2019, where they apparently focused on making money, having the best graphics and fumbled the ball so badly on the other things they have to find ways to keep you playing.  I still think the only way to affect change is a boycott of a day or two so we get their attention.  Man I so angry and frustrated over that 900+ HE round at tier 6. 

HE ammo does not have to pen to cause damage. This is the reason why they are testing out nerfing it and limiting the damage it can do by reducing the pen to zero. One shot kills on an enemy with full health while completely ignoring their armor will become a lot more rare. Of course, this pretty much makes premium tanks whose only gun choice is a derp gun obsolete. The tech tree KV-2 can choose another gun, the premium KV-2® can't. The KV-2® can only choose to fire a different ammo type, which may not be well suited to that gun. And look at the BT-7(art.) The HE ammo actually has higher pen than the AP ammo and to add insult to injury, the BT-7(art.) usually comes in a gold and credits bundle that is more expensive than the KV-2®, that is often sold on it's own. So if you bought a BT-7(art) as part of a bundle, then you paid $80+ for it as compared to the KV-2® which is usually around $40-$45 by itself. So who's getting screwed over more? 

Also, to consider. The Japanese super heavies were nerfed because their HE shells were too powerful. Now that HE ammo nerfs are coming across the board, shouldn't the Japanese super heavies get back some of what they lost in the previous rounds of nerfs that they got? 

Murunga #25 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 14:00

Private

• Players
  • 75553 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

you can 1 shot a tank for 1600 damage with 4005. its stupid ridiculous but fun when your the one pulling the trigger

Murunga

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users