• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 19:47

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14981 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers, 

I'm working on a feedback report for the Autumn 2019 Ranked season, and one of my goals is to provide our dev team with meaningful quantitative data to go with my NA sentiment report.

I've compiled a survey to hopefully get a better understanding of which aspects of ranked battles are the most important to the NA community. The survey is about 10 pages long, but I promise you it's relatively quick and painless. Providing your player profile is optional, but I included this question because I will be giving away WG Fest 2019 styles to 3 randomly-selected survey respondents. 

If you don't include a link to your profile, you won't be eligible for the WG Fest 2019 Style giveaway. 

CLICK ME TO TAKE THE SURVEY

As always, please feel free to leave additional feedback below. The more data we gather, the more impactful our feedback will be.

WhineMaker #2 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 39075 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
THANX for the 8k bonds and 2.5k gold!!!

ThePigSheFlies #3 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 78016 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

did the survey.

• make ranked battles at tier 9.  it's a very balanced tier, no crying over the over powered reward tanks, and it's not pay2win like many people feel about tier 8s (e.g. in front lines)
    • plus, in my humble opinion most of the maps are too small for all tier 10 battles as it is, even outside of ranked.  all too often, aggro = punished by TD/SPG cancer
  • make the xp system the same as general battles.  "Roles" was too convoluted, and honestly it felt like the kill sniping replaced the damage farming from prior seasons.  

I bailed early on it (again)

Colonel_Sanders1 #4 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 20:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25300 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH

Get rid of artys from this mode, they offer nothing except a way for griefers to ruin a mode that should be focused on SKILL.

If I wanted to play chess while some wanker in the corner is playing taking a dump on the board, I would find a couple of homeless people and pay them $10 to help me out.

Arty takes zero skill and has no place in a skill based mode, aside from ruining it for other people who are trying to play well.

MMI_SPI #5 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 20:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23741 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

The big let down for me was the dystopian MM: sometimes got a match of full rank3, then the game after its rank1 all the way to qualif players. And the usual MM issue of stacking all the best clans on the enemy team: leading to a 2-15 blowout. TinFoilHat moment: I swear, in some occasion I strongly believe these guys sync drop just so they can have that slim chance of being all on the same side. But it happened so rarely, sooooo. Yeah! /TinFoilRemove

Payout was nice though. Can't complain about that, it was worth it.

MMI_SPI #6 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 20:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23741 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostColonel_Sanders1, on Nov 19 2019 - 14:22, said:

Get rid of artys from this mode, they offer nothing except a way for griefers to ruin a mode that should be focused on SKILL.

If I wanted to play chess while some wanker in the corner is playing taking a dump on the board, I would find a couple of homeless people and pay them $10 to help me out.

Arty takes zero skill and has no place in a skill based mode, aside from ruining it for other people who are trying to play well.

Forgot about that! GOD these jizz dump**ers should never be allowed in this mode.

AimElement #7 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 20:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2775 battles
  • [TRY] TRY
Try reducing the amount of players that Pay someone else to get Gold League for them. There is NO WAY that 4-5k PR Players with terrible stats (like mine) are getting Top % of Performance in Gold League. Unless they are just secretly pro players or something, then it doesn't make sense.

MrE_Player #8 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 20:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 992 battles
  • [AGNON] AGNON

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 19 2019 - 12:59, said:

did the survey.

• make ranked battles at tier 9.  it's a very balanced tier, no crying over the over powered reward tanks, and it's not pay2win like many people feel about tier 8s (e.g. in front lines)
    • plus, in my humble opinion most of the maps are too small for all tier 10 battles as it is, even outside of ranked.  all too often, aggro = punished by TD/SPG cancer
  • make the xp system the same as general battles.  "Roles" was too convoluted, and honestly it felt like the kill sniping replaced the damage farming from prior seasons.  

I bailed early on it (again)

having a dad that died from cancer, i wish people would stop comparing something that kills people (cancer), to some SPG class in a video game.. people throw that word around with no regards, or care of how it has a negative impact on peoples lives.. just sayin

Edited by Yngwie69, Nov 19 2019 - 20:55.

Atragon #9 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 20:58

Major

• Players
  • 44374 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

Have more Permanent Ranks so players dont get pushed back as much losing/wasting their bonus battles and chevrons. I am not saying to make it easier to progress just make it harder to fall back.

Also, thanks for mentioning reward tanks in the survey. I hope WG takes note and doesnt just sweep your survey under the rug. I hope you have a good liaison with upper management with the survey. 

Edited by Atragon, Nov 19 2019 - 21:04.

Casual_Boops #10 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 20:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35916 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostAimElement, on Nov 19 2019 - 13:52, said:

Try reducing the amount of players that Pay someone else to get Gold League for them. There is NO WAY that 4-5k PR Players with terrible stats (like mine) are getting Top % of Performance in Gold League. Unless they are just secretly pro players or something, then it doesn't make sense.

How exactly would you implement a fix?

I did the survey-- got to rank 8 of division 2 before deciding that it was more stress than it was worth. Ranked was the epitome of ultra-frustrating gameplay.

Atragon #11 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 44374 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostCasual_Boops, on Nov 19 2019 - 14:59, said:

How exactly would you implement a fix?

I did the survey-- got to rank 8 of division 2 before deciding that it was more stress than it was worth. Ranked was the epitome of ultra-frustrating gameplay.

Thats why they need to make it harder to fall back in ranks too much. Give the players chance to have good games and progress through a good effort. When you work hard only to fall back because of a bad streak, all your bonus battles are gone along with your chevrons and desire to keep playing.

Edited by Atragon, Nov 19 2019 - 21:05.

cloudwalkr #12 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 21:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56409 battles

LOL the stupid survey is broken and won't let me select answers.  It's in a horrible red font that is almost painful to read.  WHO THE HELL COMES UP WITH THIS CRAP?

Ranked sucked.

Chevron system sucked.

Reward tanks in ranked sucked.

that survey sucked.  They all do.

Edit:  Just tried again.  It hangs up on "did you enjoy this season of ranked" question.  There is no answer to choose when I drag the drop down menu.  

Edited by cloudwalkr, Nov 19 2019 - 21:15.

Atragon #13 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 21:20

Major

• Players
  • 44374 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View Postcloudwalkr, on Nov 19 2019 - 15:13, said:

LOL the stupid survey is broken and won't let me select answers.  It's in a horrible red font that is almost painful to read.  WHO THE HELL COMES UP WITH THIS CRAP?

Ranked sucked.

Chevron system sucked.

Reward tanks in ranked sucked.

that survey sucked.  They all do.

Edit:  Just tried again.  It hangs up on "did you enjoy this season of ranked" question.  There is no answer to choose when I drag the drop down menu.  

You need to drag all 5 rectangles on the left into the box on the right. It is a game into itself and should get 500 gold for completing it.

cloudwalkr #14 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 21:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56409 battles

View PostAtragon, on Nov 19 2019 - 21:20, said:

You need to drag all 5 rectangles on the left into the box on the right. It is a game into itself and should get 500 gold for completing it.

I'm past that one.  This is literally a drop down menu that is not showing any answers.  

J5XLBUy.png

Edited by cloudwalkr, Nov 19 2019 - 21:29.

Sarge___ #15 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 21:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 47152 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

TL;DR: I enjoyed the season and mode, the same issues as random battles are seen in this mode, and arty is cancer. 

I feel that this season of ranked was no different in comparison to the previous seasons. The divisions made no difference in regards to match making; on the second day I was already division 1 and was playing with and against players who were still doing qualification battles. Role experience provided a negligible amount of extra experience as most vehicles, it seems, had very very similar guidelines to earn role xp and most xp came from damage and kills anyways. 

The biggest issue that I have seen and experienced with this season is no different than the other seasons of ranked, and that is the maps and the corresponding vehicle lineups. For example, Serene Coast is a has common occurrence of the vehicle lineups determining the victor before the match has begun as one team may have numerous tanks (Chieftain, SConq, 5A, etc.)  that can play the C1 hill very well, whereas the opposing team will have stuff like IS7 or 113. 

Another example are the light tank lineups as well. A team that has 2-3 EBR while the other team may have 0-1 will have a massive spotting and information advantage over the other team. Decent to good EBR drivers can provide lots of vision while simultaneously countering other light tanks like T-100 or Sheridan by getting to key spots faster than them or just spotting them as they are trying to get to a good bush. There is also the issue that EBR can relocate from one side of the map to the other much much faster than other light tanks can. (Personally I don't find EBR to be as much as an issue as skilled players can relatively easily shoot them, but the average pubby can and usually will have a hard time shutting them down.)

The introduction of bonus battles was a great idea since it gave players an incentive to play a variety of tanks. Before the season began I already decided I was just going to spam Chieftain and 907 and just bully my way to Golden League, similarly to how previous seasons worked with stuff like Super Conq and 5a. 

Bonus battles were a great and easy way to climb the ranks fast and it is what allowed me to reach golden league on the second day; but with that said I think too many bonus battles were awarded with each division as even after I qualified for leagues I still had 27 more bonus battles that could be used. 

Due to bonus battles I feel that the reward vehicle spam was not an issue as it was not efficient to only play one or two tanks, although reward vehicles like Chieftain can just stomp on players who are using tanks like E100 or IS7, especially if the map is favorable. 

Arty was a pain to deal with as usual. 2-3 arty is way too many for the maps that we have, especially considering most matches turn into a brawl and being perma stunned is TOTALLY fun to play with. Arty as a class just doesn't work with this game as a whole and even more so in ranked because all they do is just cripple your crew and your ability to fight without even hitting you (why is stun even a thing lol), and if arty does hit you direct then not only do you magically have 50% crew but you also lose 500 or so health AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

Arty focus is major issue (not only in ranked) and it effectively ruins the match of players just because they have a certain clan tag or because xvm (ban this pls) told them that they're a good player. 

My suggestion to deal with arty issue is to only allow one per team and/or disable the ability to see the other team's names, tags, etc. The only information the other team should see is what tanks are on the other team and nothing more imo. Also ban xvm, it provides nothing more than a target against good players and hate against bad ones, if you want to see the stats of someone you can look after the battle or on something like wotlabs. 

Edit: I would also like to add that I think a World of Warship ranked system would work better and be more enjoyable than the World of Tanks "ranked" system. WoWs ranked has a much larger emphasis on the TEAM and winning the battle whereas WoT ranked is much more focused on performing better than your teammates regardless of winning or losing. 

Edited by Sarge___, Nov 19 2019 - 21:48.

sahmlockhart #16 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 21:29

Captain

• Players
  • 43181 battles
just remove ebr

cloudwalkr #17 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 21:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56409 battles
Some very good ideas have been brought up that WG will jump at the chance to ignore yet again.

__WarChild__ #18 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 21:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 33876 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 19 2019 - 12:47, said:

Tankers, 

I'm working on a feedback report for the Autumn 2019 Ranked season, and one of my goals is to provide our dev team with meaningful quantitative data to go with my NA sentiment report.

I've compiled a survey to hopefully get a better understanding of which aspects of ranked battles are the most important to the NA community. The survey is about 10 pages long, but I promise you it's relatively quick and painless. Providing your player profile is optional, but I included this question because I will be giving away WG Fest 2019 styles to 3 randomly-selected survey respondents. 

If you don't include a link to your profile, you won't be eligible for the WG Fest 2019 Style giveaway. 

CLICK ME TO TAKE THE SURVEY

As always, please feel free to leave additional feedback below. The more data we gather, the more impactful our feedback will be.

If I claw my way up to a better rank, I should not have to deal with teammates that have neither the skills nor the commitment to be at that same level.  I prefer the old way so that when I work my way up, it's all shades of purple, blue and green.  Otherwise, the matchmaking ____ of _____ system that Wargaming uses does me no favors.

And although I'm glad that Wargaming recognizes the disruptive worthlessness of artillery by limiting it to 2 per side, they should recognize the game altering nature of those NONE TANKS and limit them to 1 per side so those that need to play arty (and not real tanks) can participate but might be motivated to play something else.

Buttknuckle #19 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 22:01

Major

• Players
  • 52668 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

My biggest issue with it was the time it was available. Living on the west coast and it running during clan wars left time for 1 or 2 ranked games a day before the curfew kicked in.

Pigs suggestion to make it Tier 9 to eliminate the whining about the abundance of "OP" reward tanks is genius. I strongly support that proposal.

Also, WG really missed an another opportunity here to have an arty free mode for a change.

DomoSapien #20 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 22:09

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14981 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postcloudwalkr, on Nov 19 2019 - 14:23, said:

I'm past that one.  This is literally a drop down menu that is not showing any answers.  

Looks all good on my end, haven't seen any other players having issues with the same question. I'd try clearing your cache, cookies, browser, and disabling browser extensions temporarily.

If that doesn't do the trick, I believe it should work pretty well on mobile as well (And doesn't have my edgy red-on-black font so your eyes won't bleed)

Spoiler

Edit: also, in favor of making it easy to read, changed the font to white so it pops. Got a bit carried away with trying to make the survey look cool, sorry y'all.

Edited by DomoSapien, Nov 19 2019 - 22:43.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users