Autumn 2019 Ranked Battles Season Feedback Request

Ranked Battles Ranked Battles Feedback Ranked Battles Feedback

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Insanefriend #21 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 47522 battles
I just did the survey on my phone and it worked fine.  Really my only problem with ranked was having to deal with t95/fv4201.  The tank just isn’t well balanced vs anything but other t95/fv4201.  If I saw as many of those in randoms as I saw in ranked I’d quit playing tier ten, they are by far much worse then Object 268v4 was before it got nerfed.  Other then drawing arty focus does the tank have a down side?  At least the 279e is slow and can’t aim down.

ElfMagi2 #22 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 22:45

Captain

• Players
  • 60781 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

The time frame needs to include all 6 time zones playing on the NA server.

Whatever you deem is prime time (7-10; 8 - midnight; whatever) make it available in all time zones for their prime time.

Say you determine prime time is 7 pm to 10 pm then it should start at 7 pm GMT-3 (Rio) and end 10 pm PST

That would be 4 pm EST to 1 am EST 

churchill50 #23 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 23:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 20862 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Thanks for the survey Domo!

My biggest concern with Ranked is the fact that SPG's, Reward Tanks, and EBR's are all allowed. None of them make for a fair playing field.

Remove those from Ranked (or, better yet, in the case of Reward Tanks and EBR's, balance them), and you would improve the mode tenfold. And I say that having used the Chieftain for most of my grind. It needs to be removed.

View PostYngwie69, on Nov 19 2019 - 12:53, said:

having a dad that died from cancer, i wish people would stop comparing something that kills people (cancer), to some SPG class in a video game.. people throw that word around with no regards, or care of how it has a negative impact on peoples lives.. just sayin

Technically, one of the definitions for cancer is:

"a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate." (Oxford Dictionary).

Thus, SPG's would definitely fit in that definition. I have a brother, who I am very close to, who almost died from cancer. However, I can't really object to an accurate use of the word.

cloudwalkr #24 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 23:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56419 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 19 2019 - 22:09, said:

Looks all good on my end, haven't seen any other players having issues with the same question. I'd try clearing your cache, cookies, browser, and disabling browser extensions temporarily.

If that doesn't do the trick, I believe it should work pretty well on mobile as well (And doesn't have my edgy red-on-black font so your eyes won't bleed)

Spoiler

Edit: also, in favor of making it easy to read, changed the font to white so it pops. Got a bit carried away with trying to make the survey look cool, sorry y'all.

Thank you, it worked.  Also, some of the txt in the answer selections are white on white background.  I appreciate the change, the red wasn't fun for my eyes...no lie.  Thank you for some valid questions as well.  Most of those surveys seem more like filler than an actual survey.

Mine is complete and sent through.

madogthefirst #25 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 23:55

Major

• Players
  • 24901 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
My only complaint is the 20 battles of getting nothing, not even bonds from being a in a tier 10 battle.

ThePigSheFlies #26 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 78212 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostYngwie69, on Nov 19 2019 - 14:53, said:

having a dad that died from cancer, i wish people would stop comparing something that kills people (cancer), to some SPG class in a video game.. people throw that word around with no regards, or care of how it has a negative impact on peoples lives.. just sayin

I'm a 30+ year cancer survivor.  I too have lost people to cancer.  I choose to use the full breath of our glorious English language.  While I am sorry for your loss, I am not sorry that a word's common definition somehow has managed to cause people get their feels hurt.  (I also referred to it as TD/SPG Cancer, as I believe tier 10 TDs are nearly as ruinous to high tier game play as multiple high tier SPGs are)

Da_Craw #27 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 00:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 28082 battles

View PostYngwie69, on Nov 19 2019 - 13:53, said:

Being a two time cancer survivor myself, I couldn't care less about the word.  I find "sky cancer" to be an apt (and humorous) description of arty, and I play arty.

As to ranked, I liked the challenge.  I didn't particularly do well, but I'm not very good at tanks.  I think many of the suggestions above (no reward tanks, less arty, a tier 9 season) are good ideas.  However, the most negative thing I encountered was the mass paralysis over taking the first damage for fear of ending in the bottom 10/5.  I think there is a way to balance a reward for good play without also rewarding people for spamming games.  It has to be tied mainly to winning.

Win and earn more than average XP for that tank = 3 chevrons

Win and earn less than average XP for that tank = 1 chevron

Lose and earn more than average XP for that tank = 2 chevrons

Lose and earn less than average XP for that tank = 0 chevrons

Do no damage, win or lose = lose 2 chevrons.

Win without doing any damage (regardless of minimal xp earned) = lose 2 chevrons

P0NYTANK #28 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 02:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 45651 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

All good you know....

WELL NO!!

Remove arty from Ranked!! And make a new special mm with PR Shuffle priority :great:

I mean, what could it go (more) wrong! :girl:

cloudwalkr #29 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 04:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56419 battles

View PostDa_Craw, on Nov 20 2019 - 00:23, said:

Being a two time cancer survivor myself, I couldn't care less about the word.  I find "sky cancer" to be an apt (and humorous) description of arty, and I play arty.

As to ranked, I liked the challenge.  I didn't particularly do well, but I'm not very good at tanks.  I think many of the suggestions above (no reward tanks, less arty, a tier 9 season) are good ideas.  However, the most negative thing I encountered was the mass paralysis over taking the first damage for fear of ending in the bottom 10/5.  I think there is a way to balance a reward for good play without also rewarding people for spamming games.  It has to be tied mainly to winning.

Win and earn more than average XP for that tank = 3 chevrons

Win and earn less than average XP for that tank = 1 chevron

Lose and earn more than average XP for that tank = 2 chevrons

Lose and earn less than average XP for that tank = 0 chevrons

Do no damage, win or lose = lose 2 chevrons.

Win without doing any damage (regardless of minimal xp earned) = lose 2 chevrons

I've won several matches where I was the key contributing factor in getting the win...but had very little to no dmg.  If you win, you should never lose chevrons.

Da_Craw #30 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 19:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 28082 battles
I intended to include assist damage in that.  The idea was to penalize afkers.

cloudwalkr #31 Posted Nov 21 2019 - 22:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56419 battles

View PostDa_Craw, on Nov 20 2019 - 19:12, said:

I intended to include assist damage in that.  The idea was to penalize afkers.

I'm talking about capping with no dmg or assisted.  

You take huge dmg early game and can't be aggressive....watching your team die and lose make a break for the cap and win.  Doing nothing really but capping.

You should NEVER lose a chevron on a win.  Period.  Even afk'ers.  if they afk they will lose more than they win so trying to decide if someone was afk in the after battle report just off of 0 dmg done is not the way.  

I've won several games that your system would punish me for.

13Disciple #32 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 00:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25067 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

My opinion is posted here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/615215-%f0%9f%9b%a1%ef%b8%8f-ranked-review-and-radical-suggestions-to-improve-it-%f0%9f%9b%a1%ef%b8%8f/

MrE_Player #33 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 16:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1034 battles
  • [AGNON] AGNON
I think if you do your tanks HP in damage you win a chevron. if you do 1.5x your tanks damage, you win 2 chevron, win or lose. if in arty, you need to do a minimum of x4 your tanks HP

Edited by Yngwie69, Nov 22 2019 - 16:49.

DomoSapien #34 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 23:50

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14984 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

THANK YOU to everyone who's filled out my survey and left feedback in this thread. It has already generated way more feedback than I typically see in an average feedback request thread, so I greatly appreciate all of your efforts in doing so.

I will leave the survey active through the weekend, then close it out and try to make some sense of the data + announce the winners of the WG Fest 2019 style on Monday.

churchill50 #35 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 00:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 20862 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Slightly off-topic for this thread, but do you know when the Ranked Season camo's will be distributed Domo? I want that sweet sweet Silver League camo.

My apologies if I've missed the announcement, or if they've already been distributed and I didn't notice it in my garage.

Edited by churchill50, Nov 23 2019 - 00:01.

DomoSapien #36 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 22:15

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14984 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Survey is closed!

Congrats to the following players: 

_Griff

Mistertheprincess
Curfo

The three of you will be receiving a WG Fest 2019 Style this week (probably today). For those of you curious what method I employed to select the winners:
I pasted all of the survey respondents into a spreadsheet, then used a random number generator to pick three different numbers, and picked those line numbers in the spreadsheet. So, random chance.

View Postchurchill50, on Nov 22 2019 - 17:01, said:

Slightly off-topic for this thread, but do you know when the Ranked Season camo's will be distributed Domo? I want that sweet sweet Silver League camo.

My apologies if I've missed the announcement, or if they've already been distributed and I didn't notice it in my garage.

Unfortunately, I do not. I've been trying to find out but can't really figure out when they will be going out, I just know that usually these types of payouts take 1 - 2 weeks when they are being processed by Minsk.

churchill50 #37 Posted Nov 26 2019 - 21:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 20862 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Thanks for the reply Domo.

Guess I'll just have to wait. Hopefully it'll be soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users