Jump to content


Incoming! Incognito mode for tanks with our new Anonymizer.

KRZY Anonymizer Hide Camo in real life

  • Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Burdenedfungus #141 Posted Nov 28 2019 - 05:20

    Corporal

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 33312 battles
  • 60
  • Member since:
    02-11-2013

Just because I'm bored and was wondering if this was out yet (it's not) I'll type my opinions to various things in here.

 

I'm literally coming back to this game because of this one change everyone says is bad and pointless. 

 

I was, at one point, a professional player for this game. I played A LOT. I streamed A LOT. I went to a bunch of tourneys and finals at WGLNAs dime. I also quit this game after they closed gold league for NA. 

 

Now, the thing is, I quit not because they closed gold league. I quit because I couldn't justify staying anymore and game after game trying to carry when about 70% of the matches I played I got suicided into by lights, autoloaders, mediums and occasionally a super heavy would trade literally all his HP just to shoot at me 1 time. If I was lit most arty would just focus me all game after that point. I stopped trying to carry matches and win. I started trying to just survive the match and farm some damage because I knew if I did anything hyper aggressive someone would just see me sitting behind a corner with my entire team behind me and they would just push out shoot me and blow up. That's not a fun way to play this game at all.

 

I'm not saying "oh boo hoo look at me, I'm the only one in the whole game the red team shoots." I'm saying that when it was happening it was not FUN and games are meant to be FUN. If I have the ability to win a game by actually learning the game over my 30k battles then I should be able to use that knowledge and win with tactics and positioning. But instead of that I got people looking at my clan tag of BULBA or the purple of my stats that I busted [edited]for and just suicide at me. Countless times I would be harassed all game long by my OWN TEAMMATES because "BULBA carry us wth" or "padded purple player is going to lose lol"

 

Imagine that over and over and over and over and over and over again. Just because I was in a good clan and had good stats. These people I never said anything to nor even pinged on the map or w/e would just harass me all game. 

 

What did I do to earn constant harassment? Being good at the game. 

 

I would trade my account and all my tanks/gold for a blank account that didn't track stats. I actually really ENJOY playing tanks, when I can actually play the whole match without being jumped on. I'm washed up now, I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be and yet I still got suicided into and harassed when I came back to play because I used to be good at the game. How is that fair to me?

 

I am actually honestly really excited for this change because it hopefully means I can play this game again without those things. I really enjoy this game or I wouldn't have played it for 4 years of my life, put countless hours into it, or given my blood sweat and tears to my old teammates in WGLNA.

 

This is mostly a rant I guess but that's how I feel about this "stupid and pointless change" I doubt anyone will even read or care about this. But I do.



Omega_Weapon #142 Posted Nov 28 2019 - 06:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 53539 battles
  • 2,700
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostBurdenedfungus, on Nov 27 2019 - 23:20, said:

I'm not saying "oh boo hoo look at me, I'm the only one in the whole game the red team shoots." I'm saying that when it was happening it was not FUN and games are meant to be FUN. If I have the ability to win a game by actually learning the game over my 30k battles then I should be able to use that knowledge and win with tactics and positioning. But instead of that I got people looking at my clan tag of BULBA or the purple of my stats that I busted [edited]for and just suicide at me. Countless times I would be harassed all game long by my OWN TEAMMATES because "BULBA carry us wth" or "padded purple player is going to lose lol"

 

Imagine that over and over and over and over and over and over again. Just because I was in a good clan and had good stats. These people I never said anything to nor even pinged on the map or w/e would just harass me all game. 

 

What did I do to earn constant harassment? Being good at the game. 


It still seems like you managed to maintain a very impressive win rate despite all the focus against you. In effect the enemy were willing to waste their HPs and time trying to counter you to the point of suiciding their tanks (because they correctly perceived you are a major threat). That still works in your favour though because it helps your team out in a big way and still results in more wins. I'm not seeing the problem.



ganders7 #143 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 04:29

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 65025 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    07-23-2010

View Postrwwllms, on Nov 21 2019 - 14:18, said:

Or just do away with stats altogether. They really mean nothing. You're just one person playing with 29 other people. 29 different other people every match. Never playing with the same people on the same map in the same tanks. This makes any and all statistics worthless junk. Statistics only matter when all the variables are the same every time.

If the math of statistics and probabilities are too advanced for you to understand then just don't make the worthless, useless, nonsensical WoT statistics public. Only the individual person can see their own 'stats' and no one else nor can the individual see anyone else's 'stats'. 


Well said.



Mikosah #144 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 05:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,514
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

View PostSummers1000, on Nov 21 2019 - 16:48, said:

WG should just remove all stats. = ^ )

 

Sarcasm aside, that's not a bad idea at all. Really the question is which stats should be collected in the first place. Team Fortress 2 by contrast only kept track of one-time achievements, most kills made in a single life for instance. Yet it still had a massive professional scene in its day and clearly there were ways for recruiters to find good players.

 

WoT on the other hand keeps a lot of career averages. WR for individual tanks and the player overall, average damage per match, average this, average that. Not to mention efficiency metrics like WTR, WN8, et cetera. Given a large enough sample size, these may reveal much more relevant and truthful data on how well a player is doing, but a large majority of players don't do very well. And the last thing they need is a permanent record of all their shortcomings. If hypothetically WG utterly obliterated all collected records of WR and its API across the board, frankly that would only do good for the playerbase as a whole. Might be worth having in CW, but for the randoms its pure poison.



DeltaVolt #145 Posted Dec 08 2019 - 03:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 19782 battles
  • 2,415
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostBurdenedfungus, on Nov 27 2019 - 20:20, said:

Just because I'm bored and was wondering if this was out yet (it's not) I'll type my opinions to various things in here.

 

I'm literally coming back to this game because of this one change everyone says is bad and pointless. 

 

I was, at one point, a professional player for this game. I played A LOT. I streamed A LOT. I went to a bunch of tourneys and finals at WGLNAs dime. I also quit this game after they closed gold league for NA. 

 

Now, the thing is, I quit not because they closed gold league. I quit because I couldn't justify staying anymore and game after game trying to carry when about 70% of the matches I played I got suicided into by lights, autoloaders, mediums and occasionally a super heavy would trade literally all his HP just to shoot at me 1 time. If I was lit most arty would just focus me all game after that point. I stopped trying to carry matches and win. I started trying to just survive the match and farm some damage because I knew if I did anything hyper aggressive someone would just see me sitting behind a corner with my entire team behind me and they would just push out shoot me and blow up. That's not a fun way to play this game at all.

 

I'm not saying "oh boo hoo look at me, I'm the only one in the whole game the red team shoots." I'm saying that when it was happening it was not FUN and games are meant to be FUN. If I have the ability to win a game by actually learning the game over my 30k battles then I should be able to use that knowledge and win with tactics and positioning. But instead of that I got people looking at my clan tag of BULBA or the purple of my stats that I busted [edited]for and just suicide at me. Countless times I would be harassed all game long by my OWN TEAMMATES because "BULBA carry us wth" or "padded purple player is going to lose lol"

 

Imagine that over and over and over and over and over and over again. Just because I was in a good clan and had good stats. These people I never said anything to nor even pinged on the map or w/e would just harass me all game. 

 

What did I do to earn constant harassment? Being good at the game. 

 

I would trade my account and all my tanks/gold for a blank account that didn't track stats. I actually really ENJOY playing tanks, when I can actually play the whole match without being jumped on. I'm washed up now, I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be and yet I still got suicided into and harassed when I came back to play because I used to be good at the game. How is that fair to me?

 

I am actually honestly really excited for this change because it hopefully means I can play this game again without those things. I really enjoy this game or I wouldn't have played it for 4 years of my life, put countless hours into it, or given my blood sweat and tears to my old teammates in WGLNA.

 

This is mostly a rant I guess but that's how I feel about this "stupid and pointless change" I doubt anyone will even read or care about this. But I do.

Hey buddy :great: I, too, decided to come back because of this change but seems like it's not there yet. Will have to wait :bush:

 

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Nov 27 2019 - 21:09, said:


It still seems like you managed to maintain a very impressive win rate despite all the focus against you. In effect the enemy were willing to waste their HPs and time trying to counter you to the point of suiciding their tanks (because they correctly perceived you are a major threat). That still works in your favour though because it helps your team out in a big way and still results in more wins. I'm not seeing the problem.

Winning is not the only thing that makes something fun, it just adds to it. If I'm not enjoying the game (because, say, I have to sit behind a rock all game while the enemy team suicides in one by one) then why bother playing, even if you're winning?



Omega_Weapon #146 Posted Dec 08 2019 - 21:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 53539 battles
  • 2,700
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostDeltaVolt, on Dec 07 2019 - 21:21, said:

Winning is not the only thing that makes something fun, it just adds to it. If I'm not enjoying the game (because, say, I have to sit behind a rock all game while the enemy team suicides in one by one) then why bother playing, even if you're winning?


Its very unlikely that one would ever need to hide behind a rock all game. Maybe for a while yes, but soon enough the enemy team in that area will be whittled down and you can have freedom of action again. Just gotta have some patience, and if it means the difference between a win and a loss, patience is always worthwhile in my book.



01LT #147 Posted Dec 08 2019 - 22:19

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36353 battles
  • 180
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

Hiding behind a rock and just watching your team die is just stupid and NOT TEAM PLAY. If you play like this to protect a stat your even more stupid.

This is not a single player game its 15 vs 15. That's where these bad maps come into play maps made for certain class of specific tank to be on a specific side of map. the maps need to be bigger and non linear unlike they are now.  Your right winning isn't the reason I play either but doing the same thing ever game is just bad but again that's how the maps are made.

 

Anon wont fix this be it will still improve on game play. What I would like to see would be a in-game ignore for the idiots that would abuse voice chat for your team then you can verbally speak command and directions and I don't mean DISCORD

 

Still see no reason to know the persons stats and record just to play a game with them.



fireraiserbr #148 Posted Yesterday, 11:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 63099 battles
  • 169
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

the vast majority of players are bad

 

its hard to be real good at anything ,when people are competing against each other and when there's an amount of skill involved, this is true in any endeavor, not only on this internet game.

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users