Incoming! Incognito mode for tanks with our new Anonymizer.

KRZY Anonymizer Hide Camo in real life

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

CommandKarl #101 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 16:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 95662 battles
  • [F-A-T] F-A-T

Another waste of resources designed solely for the Upper Tier players. WOT is so busy working on next to worthless changes like this and they entirely missed the Halloween event. Now I fear any kind of enjoyable Xmas event is going down the toilet as well if all they are doing is working on worthless changes to the game that a majority of us have little to no interest in. I personally do not use XVM or any mods and with 100K games played I speak with some experience. Check out the blogger/streamer videos on this before being so thankful. You should all beware of what you think you are asking for.

WOT simply refuses to address the number one complaint I hear every day, "lack of new and updated maps". How about a new or reworked map every month? If it is any easier just tweak previous maps pulled from the game but at least the variety will keep the core players (not just the 1 per centers) interested. Bring back the Swamp either or both versions, Sacred Valley, etc...

duceball #102 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 17:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 23816 battles
  • [TRED] TRED
No check box in my settings?

Night1Rider #103 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 18:15

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45934 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Mojo_Riesing #104 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 18:17

Captain

• Players
  • 20420 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Nov 22 2019 - 05:11, said:

The real problem with XVM is players seeing red,purple etc. in the countdown and bailing out if their team has a low chance to win. As usual WG comes up with a watered down, half baked fix that ignores the real problem of having third party mods that influence how people play in the game. The zoom out mod is the most glaring example of this. If you think it's good for the game then add it to the client you bunch of WG moron developers, not leave it up to the players to search it out from a list of thousands of mods that they have to update every time there is a patch.

I'm not completely in agreement here, but i could make a case for the value of stripping ALL statistical measures of performance including XVM from being displayed during a  Random Battle.  That would fix a lot of things.

SawUcomin #105 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 18:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

So instead of channeling your energy and focus toward making more maps and balancing out the uneven MM you waste your time on another useless app that so few care about anyways.

The only thing this will accomplish is to remove the blame game from those that think they are targeted for their stats.

Funny though that this works both ways.

Why not just allow players to turn it off in console like everything else in this game?

Why all the fan fare like you actually did something good for this game 

This "crying", more like whimpering, has been occasionally surfacing for 5 years now!

Thanks again Wot for not concentrating on making this game less stale.

Please keep pumping out the uselessness, like tier 8 premiums and apps that will have little to no effect on the quality of the game and disregarding what this game is sorely lacking, NEW MAPS!

Many players are either playing a LOT less games per week and/or have stopped spending any money because you are not offering VALUE for MONEY spent!

This game is akin to driving a car around the same neighborhood, never venturing outside of it (because there is no where to go) Passing from one season to the next. 

The new car (tank) smell soon wears off Wot and all that's left are the same Lame maps!

Do Better Wot...

PRODUCE MORE PUB MAPS !

Night1Rider #106 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 20:28

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45934 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostSawUcomin, on Nov 22 2019 - 17:25, said:

So instead of channeling your energy and focus toward making more maps and balancing out the uneven MM you waste your time on another useless app that so few care about anyways.

The only thing this will accomplish is to remove the blame game from those that think they are targeted for their stats.

Funny though that this works both ways.

Why not just allow players to turn it off in console like everything else in this game?

Why all the fan fare like you actually did something good for this game 

This "crying", more like whimpering, has been occasionally surfacing for 5 years now!

Thanks again Wot for not concentrating on making this game less stale.

Please keep pumping out the uselessness, like tier 8 premiums and apps that will have little to no effect on the quality of the game and disregarding what this game is sorely lacking, NEW MAPS!

Many players are either playing a LOT less games per week and/or have stopped spending any money because you are not offering VALUE for MONEY spent!

This game is akin to driving a car around the same neighborhood, never venturing outside of it (because there is no where to go) Passing from one season to the next. 

The new car (tank) smell soon wears off Wot and all that's left are the same Lame maps!

Do Better Wot...

PRODUCE MORE PUB MAPS !

You realize that the people who make maps/tanks are not the same people who make these features. Do some research on how game development works. Company's and games now have multiple teams/studios doing specific tasks like creating maps and these people don't get moved around to unrelated fields.

twin_turret #107 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 22:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25779 battles
  • [R_A_T] R_A_T
Time to join seal clubbers anonymous. Free reign yippeee yayee.

01LT #108 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 23:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36396 battles

XMV players wont be baling out of games because that would hurt there precious WR. Also how much sense does targeting a anon player first make. Absolutely none!! ANON doesn't change the game play at all it does is block the players real name so you cant see there stats, and why would you need to see them. Play your game and let them play there's. If you wanna know who your playing with and against ask for there phone number. I bet if xmv could they would load that up too. It would be the FACEBOOk of mods.

All that and its still an option you have to select, if you want to live in your stat filled world do so. but for those that are not stat hogs and play for fun i welcome the option to turn it off so someone else cant complain about my stats to me.

Because I don't care how good you are you don't win every game, and no one in this game can claim they have not been killed by someone with a lesser skill or stat or however you measure there ratings.

MadMikigan #109 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 01:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 48787 battles
Haven't watched any of the vids on this but I hope it only blocks the enemy tanks info.. Actually instead of having this complicated opt in / out system, just anonymize all enemies always for everyone. Much easier to implement and covers most every case for such a system. 

01LT #110 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 01:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36396 battles

complicated?

its 1 click and done play the game does it matter who you play . if so play a ranked game

KillnU_ #111 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 03:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40771 battles
  • [TILTD] TILTD
This has to one of, the most half-baked ideas that WG has come up with. They're focused on the downsides of visible names and stats but ignoring the benefits. Running into an old clanmate and catching up, offering helpful advice to newer players, permanently muting someone for rudeness, spamming or whatever the reason may be, blacklisting a griefer so you know to keep away, and plenty more I'm sure I'm missing will all be adversely impacted by anonymous players. And for what, to appease a handful of whiners? WG hasn't thought this anonymizer fully through and it's going to cause more problems than it solves.

Mish1 #112 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 03:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10275 battles
Yet another stupid change that most of the player base isn’t interested in.

captnwinky #113 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 04:14

Private

• Players
  • 38220 battles
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_
This is a dumb idea. Instead of making skill based MM and eliminating stacked teams you hide the problem and ignore fixing the real problem. Stats are what keep people playing the game for years. This is a very poor decision and it saddens me.

Rav3ns #114 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 05:07

Private

• Players
  • 10072 battles

lol good you need to add a feature like that to this game got no problem but if you gone be anonymous all you stats when you are , should not count for missions , campaign and personnel stats you are nobody , if the game so toxic like you say  

maybe you should look in the mirror first, players are good or bad that's a fact but they did not create the game and all is feature you did so 50% of the problem is on you WG think about it.

Turboguy1 #115 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 16:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 29075 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostCommandKarl, on Nov 22 2019 - 15:40, said:

Another waste of resources designed solely for the Upper Tier players. WOT is so busy working on next to worthless changes like this and they entirely missed the Halloween event. Now I fear any kind of enjoyable Xmas event is going down the toilet as well if all they are doing is working on worthless changes to the game that a majority of us have little to no interest in. I personally do not use XVM or any mods and with 100K games played I speak with some experience. Check out the blogger/streamer videos on this before being so thankful. You should all beware of what you think you are asking for.

WOT simply refuses to address the number one complaint I hear every day, "lack of new and updated maps". How about a new or reworked map every month? If it is any easier just tweak previous maps pulled from the game but at least the variety will keep the core players (not just the 1 per centers) interested. Bring back the Swamp either or both versions, Sacred Valley, etc...

Are you serious with this post or is this satire?

WG has been catering to bad to garbage players for too long now. It cost us Tournaments. It absolutely wrecked clan wars. League play is gone, etc all because whiny players who can't figure out how to literally do the right thing after 20k repetitions sit and whine that they should be catered to. For once they do something for those of us who are not pants on head, ants in my eyes Johnson level dumb, and you whiners are whining.

While I 100% agree that WG should be focusing on putting many, many maps into the game (And while they're at it, return Erlenberg and fire the idiot who thought it would be a good idea to totally and utterly ruin that once great map) so I don't have to see the same map 20 times every two hours, allowing those of us who don't want to be continuously focused by talentless arty players to change up our names is a good idea.

I suppose that you are not a good player? This tells me that you are catered to more than I ever would be. WG purposely gives you "Can't Lose" games to keep your win rate at or near 50% while I have to work my rear off every round just to overcome you and get an accidental win.

The only question that I have is WHERE THE HELL IS THE DAMNED SELECTION?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I want my anonymous mode NOW.

Also, while I'm talking here, fix Mines. The south is pretty much an automatic loss.

Edited by Turboguy1, Nov 23 2019 - 17:46.

01LT #116 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 18:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36396 battles

Just show me the stat of how many turn it on to how meany leave it off then will see if base player likes this idea or not.

This feature is not forced onto anyone its an option turn it on or leave it off. Argument finished.

Edited by 01LT, Nov 23 2019 - 18:31.

Turboguy1 #117 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 19:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 29075 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Post01LT, on Nov 23 2019 - 17:30, said:

Just show me the stat of how many turn it on to how meany leave it off then will see if base player likes this idea or not.

This feature is not forced onto anyone its an option turn it on or leave it off. Argument finished.

Can we do that with arty?

You know, make a selection where I could never see talentless arty players? Then we can see how many people turn arty off and if a majority of players turn it off, we decide right then and there whether WG just removes arty?

Because if it is coming down to that, just remove arty and argument finished.

Also, if we are going to use your idea, only people with WN8's above 2000 get to vote, because I guarantee the majority of decent players love this idea while the screaming masses of unwashed morons hate it.

Edited by Turboguy1, Nov 23 2019 - 19:05.

SawUcomin #118 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 19:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostNight1Rider, on Nov 22 2019 - 20:28, said:

You realize that the people who make maps/tanks are not the same people who make these features. Do some research on how game development works. Company's and games now have multiple teams/studios doing specific tasks like creating maps and these people don't get moved around to unrelated fields.

REALLY?

And I thought there were only about 5 employees in all of Wot!

I will just have to jump on over to the R and D multiple teams/studios doing specific tasks FORUMS and speak with them directly!

I was actually under the impression that the one who introduced them to the forums was the same one who designed it all..

DO you realize that until one opens their mouth and express their thoughts that no one will ever know how much of an idiot they actually are in the eyes of others? 

Omega_Weapon #119 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 22:15

Major

• Players
  • 53547 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Post01LT, on Nov 23 2019 - 12:30, said:

How many use it does not corelate with how many want it. I hate the idea of hiding stats. This is only meant for players who are afraid. Either afraid to admit how bad they are, or afraid to let others see how good they are. I truly wish this stupidity was not being implemented, but if it is I will probably use it too, because not doing so puts me at a disadvantage compared to others who do use it. Its like chemical weapons. They are immoral and should never be used, yet we keep stocks of them because if somebody uses them against us we will use them back.

Mojo_Riesing #120 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 23:23

Captain

• Players
  • 20420 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostTurboguy1, on Nov 23 2019 - 07:26, said:

Are you serious with this post or is this satire?

WG has been catering to bad to garbage players for too long now. It cost us Tournaments. It absolutely wrecked clan wars. League play is gone, etc all because whiny players who can't figure out how to literally do the right thing after 20k repetitions sit and whine that they should be catered to. For once they do something for those of us who are not pants on head, ants in my eyes Johnson level dumb, and you whiners are whining.

While I 100% agree that WG should be focusing on putting many, many maps into the game (And while they're at it, return Erlenberg and fire the idiot who thought it would be a good idea to totally and utterly ruin that once great map) so I don't have to see the same map 20 times every two hours, allowing those of us who don't want to be continuously focused by talentless arty players to change up our names is a good idea.

I suppose that you are not a good player? This tells me that you are catered to more than I ever would be. WG purposely gives you "Can't Lose" games to keep your win rate at or near 50% while I have to work my rear off every round just to overcome you and get an accidental win.

The only question that I have is WHERE THE HELL IS THE DAMNED SELECTION?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I want my anonymous mode NOW.

Also, while I'm talking here, fix Mines. The south is pretty much an automatic loss.

Well, a post like this just about screams you're a snowflake bub. That makes you a big part of the problem in WoT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users