Jump to content


Incoming! Incognito mode for tanks with our new Anonymizer.

KRZY Anonymizer Hide Camo in real life

  • Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Burdenedfungus #141 Posted Nov 28 2019 - 05:20

    Corporal

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 33753 battles
  • 60
  • Member since:
    02-11-2013

Just because I'm bored and was wondering if this was out yet (it's not) I'll type my opinions to various things in here.

 

I'm literally coming back to this game because of this one change everyone says is bad and pointless. 

 

I was, at one point, a professional player for this game. I played A LOT. I streamed A LOT. I went to a bunch of tourneys and finals at WGLNAs dime. I also quit this game after they closed gold league for NA. 

 

Now, the thing is, I quit not because they closed gold league. I quit because I couldn't justify staying anymore and game after game trying to carry when about 70% of the matches I played I got suicided into by lights, autoloaders, mediums and occasionally a super heavy would trade literally all his HP just to shoot at me 1 time. If I was lit most arty would just focus me all game after that point. I stopped trying to carry matches and win. I started trying to just survive the match and farm some damage because I knew if I did anything hyper aggressive someone would just see me sitting behind a corner with my entire team behind me and they would just push out shoot me and blow up. That's not a fun way to play this game at all.

 

I'm not saying "oh boo hoo look at me, I'm the only one in the whole game the red team shoots." I'm saying that when it was happening it was not FUN and games are meant to be FUN. If I have the ability to win a game by actually learning the game over my 30k battles then I should be able to use that knowledge and win with tactics and positioning. But instead of that I got people looking at my clan tag of BULBA or the purple of my stats that I busted [edited]for and just suicide at me. Countless times I would be harassed all game long by my OWN TEAMMATES because "BULBA carry us wth" or "padded purple player is going to lose lol"

 

Imagine that over and over and over and over and over and over again. Just because I was in a good clan and had good stats. These people I never said anything to nor even pinged on the map or w/e would just harass me all game. 

 

What did I do to earn constant harassment? Being good at the game. 

 

I would trade my account and all my tanks/gold for a blank account that didn't track stats. I actually really ENJOY playing tanks, when I can actually play the whole match without being jumped on. I'm washed up now, I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be and yet I still got suicided into and harassed when I came back to play because I used to be good at the game. How is that fair to me?

 

I am actually honestly really excited for this change because it hopefully means I can play this game again without those things. I really enjoy this game or I wouldn't have played it for 4 years of my life, put countless hours into it, or given my blood sweat and tears to my old teammates in WGLNA.

 

This is mostly a rant I guess but that's how I feel about this "stupid and pointless change" I doubt anyone will even read or care about this. But I do.



Omega_Weapon #142 Posted Nov 28 2019 - 06:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 54277 battles
  • 2,738
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostBurdenedfungus, on Nov 27 2019 - 23:20, said:

I'm not saying "oh boo hoo look at me, I'm the only one in the whole game the red team shoots." I'm saying that when it was happening it was not FUN and games are meant to be FUN. If I have the ability to win a game by actually learning the game over my 30k battles then I should be able to use that knowledge and win with tactics and positioning. But instead of that I got people looking at my clan tag of BULBA or the purple of my stats that I busted [edited]for and just suicide at me. Countless times I would be harassed all game long by my OWN TEAMMATES because "BULBA carry us wth" or "padded purple player is going to lose lol"

 

Imagine that over and over and over and over and over and over again. Just because I was in a good clan and had good stats. These people I never said anything to nor even pinged on the map or w/e would just harass me all game. 

 

What did I do to earn constant harassment? Being good at the game. 


It still seems like you managed to maintain a very impressive win rate despite all the focus against you. In effect the enemy were willing to waste their HPs and time trying to counter you to the point of suiciding their tanks (because they correctly perceived you are a major threat). That still works in your favour though because it helps your team out in a big way and still results in more wins. I'm not seeing the problem.



ganders7 #143 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 04:29

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 66158 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    07-23-2010

View Postrwwllms, on Nov 21 2019 - 14:18, said:

Or just do away with stats altogether. They really mean nothing. You're just one person playing with 29 other people. 29 different other people every match. Never playing with the same people on the same map in the same tanks. This makes any and all statistics worthless junk. Statistics only matter when all the variables are the same every time.

If the math of statistics and probabilities are too advanced for you to understand then just don't make the worthless, useless, nonsensical WoT statistics public. Only the individual person can see their own 'stats' and no one else nor can the individual see anyone else's 'stats'. 


Well said.



Mikosah #144 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 05:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,555
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

View PostSummers1000, on Nov 21 2019 - 16:48, said:

WG should just remove all stats. = ^ )

 

Sarcasm aside, that's not a bad idea at all. Really the question is which stats should be collected in the first place. Team Fortress 2 by contrast only kept track of one-time achievements, most kills made in a single life for instance. Yet it still had a massive professional scene in its day and clearly there were ways for recruiters to find good players.

 

WoT on the other hand keeps a lot of career averages. WR for individual tanks and the player overall, average damage per match, average this, average that. Not to mention efficiency metrics like WTR, WN8, et cetera. Given a large enough sample size, these may reveal much more relevant and truthful data on how well a player is doing, but a large majority of players don't do very well. And the last thing they need is a permanent record of all their shortcomings. If hypothetically WG utterly obliterated all collected records of WR and its API across the board, frankly that would only do good for the playerbase as a whole. Might be worth having in CW, but for the randoms its pure poison.



DeltaVolt #145 Posted Dec 08 2019 - 03:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 19926 battles
  • 2,415
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostBurdenedfungus, on Nov 27 2019 - 20:20, said:

Just because I'm bored and was wondering if this was out yet (it's not) I'll type my opinions to various things in here.

 

I'm literally coming back to this game because of this one change everyone says is bad and pointless. 

 

I was, at one point, a professional player for this game. I played A LOT. I streamed A LOT. I went to a bunch of tourneys and finals at WGLNAs dime. I also quit this game after they closed gold league for NA. 

 

Now, the thing is, I quit not because they closed gold league. I quit because I couldn't justify staying anymore and game after game trying to carry when about 70% of the matches I played I got suicided into by lights, autoloaders, mediums and occasionally a super heavy would trade literally all his HP just to shoot at me 1 time. If I was lit most arty would just focus me all game after that point. I stopped trying to carry matches and win. I started trying to just survive the match and farm some damage because I knew if I did anything hyper aggressive someone would just see me sitting behind a corner with my entire team behind me and they would just push out shoot me and blow up. That's not a fun way to play this game at all.

 

I'm not saying "oh boo hoo look at me, I'm the only one in the whole game the red team shoots." I'm saying that when it was happening it was not FUN and games are meant to be FUN. If I have the ability to win a game by actually learning the game over my 30k battles then I should be able to use that knowledge and win with tactics and positioning. But instead of that I got people looking at my clan tag of BULBA or the purple of my stats that I busted [edited]for and just suicide at me. Countless times I would be harassed all game long by my OWN TEAMMATES because "BULBA carry us wth" or "padded purple player is going to lose lol"

 

Imagine that over and over and over and over and over and over again. Just because I was in a good clan and had good stats. These people I never said anything to nor even pinged on the map or w/e would just harass me all game. 

 

What did I do to earn constant harassment? Being good at the game. 

 

I would trade my account and all my tanks/gold for a blank account that didn't track stats. I actually really ENJOY playing tanks, when I can actually play the whole match without being jumped on. I'm washed up now, I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be and yet I still got suicided into and harassed when I came back to play because I used to be good at the game. How is that fair to me?

 

I am actually honestly really excited for this change because it hopefully means I can play this game again without those things. I really enjoy this game or I wouldn't have played it for 4 years of my life, put countless hours into it, or given my blood sweat and tears to my old teammates in WGLNA.

 

This is mostly a rant I guess but that's how I feel about this "stupid and pointless change" I doubt anyone will even read or care about this. But I do.

Hey buddy :great: I, too, decided to come back because of this change but seems like it's not there yet. Will have to wait :bush:

 

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Nov 27 2019 - 21:09, said:


It still seems like you managed to maintain a very impressive win rate despite all the focus against you. In effect the enemy were willing to waste their HPs and time trying to counter you to the point of suiciding their tanks (because they correctly perceived you are a major threat). That still works in your favour though because it helps your team out in a big way and still results in more wins. I'm not seeing the problem.

Winning is not the only thing that makes something fun, it just adds to it. If I'm not enjoying the game (because, say, I have to sit behind a rock all game while the enemy team suicides in one by one) then why bother playing, even if you're winning?



Omega_Weapon #146 Posted Dec 08 2019 - 21:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 54277 battles
  • 2,738
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostDeltaVolt, on Dec 07 2019 - 21:21, said:

Winning is not the only thing that makes something fun, it just adds to it. If I'm not enjoying the game (because, say, I have to sit behind a rock all game while the enemy team suicides in one by one) then why bother playing, even if you're winning?


Its very unlikely that one would ever need to hide behind a rock all game. Maybe for a while yes, but soon enough the enemy team in that area will be whittled down and you can have freedom of action again. Just gotta have some patience, and if it means the difference between a win and a loss, patience is always worthwhile in my book.



01LT #147 Posted Dec 08 2019 - 22:19

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37291 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

Hiding behind a rock and just watching your team die is just stupid and NOT TEAM PLAY. If you play like this to protect a stat your even more stupid.

This is not a single player game its 15 vs 15. That's where these bad maps come into play maps made for certain class of specific tank to be on a specific side of map. the maps need to be bigger and non linear unlike they are now.  Your right winning isn't the reason I play either but doing the same thing ever game is just bad but again that's how the maps are made.

 

Anon wont fix this be it will still improve on game play. What I would like to see would be a in-game ignore for the idiots that would abuse voice chat for your team then you can verbally speak command and directions and I don't mean DISCORD

 

Still see no reason to know the persons stats and record just to play a game with them.



fireraiserbr #148 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 23:49

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 64061 battles
  • 171
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

the vast majority of players are bad

 

its hard to be real good at anything ,when people are competing against each other and when there's an amount of skill involved, this is true in any endeavor, not only on this internet game.

 

 



wetspot #149 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 13:23

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 50575 battles
  • 21
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011

"The Anonymizer is a tool that will make you feel more comfortable in World of Tanks"  Really WOT! .... So world of tanks went politically correct.

Also WOT  I would bet you the player base you are catering to are the same ones that come into WOT NA chat and complain about your game being rigged over and over and never spend a dime.  (I spend plenty of time telling them its not just learn the game). 

  So whats next ...Formula 1 not counting laps so the drivers don't get uncomfortable or better yet you don't know who is playing on your football team. I think its your own undoing players can move up tiers so fast now and don't understand some basic game stuff...again look in your NA chat...its there all the time. 

 



Lowtech4 #150 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 13:49

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 52464 battles
  • 80
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

Congrats on doing something that's made me quit this game after 6 years. Allowing the dbags who victimize the rest of the players(and have killed new player rates) in a team game is the last straw.

 

F u c k you too...



Lowtech4 #151 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 13:51

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 52464 battles
  • 80
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View Postwetspot, on Dec 10 2019 - 13:23, said:

"The Anonymizer is a tool that will make you feel more comfortable in World of Tanks"  Really WOT! .... So world of tanks went politically correct.

Also WOT  I would bet you the player base you are catering to are the same ones that come into WOT NA chat and complain about your game being rigged over and over and never spend a dime.  (I spend plenty of time telling them its not just learn the game). 

  So whats next ...Formula 1 not counting laps so the drivers don't get uncomfortable or better yet you don't know who is playing on your football team. I think its your own undoing players can move up tiers so fast now and don't understand some basic game stuff...again look in your NA chat...its there all the time. 

 


The people it's going to make comfortable are the dbags like you who want to hide from the rest of the game so you can be dbags in peace.



Lowtech4 #152 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 13:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 52464 battles
  • 80
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Nov 28 2019 - 06:09, said:


It still seems like you managed to maintain a very impressive win rate despite all the focus against you. In effect the enemy were willing to waste their HPs and time trying to counter you to the point of suiciding their tanks (because they correctly perceived you are a major threat). That still works in your favour though because it helps your team out in a big way and still results in more wins. I'm not seeing the problem.


The problem are the dbags who screw over the rest of the team who want to hide their 60k green, blue and purple stats as the seal club at tier2...that's who this is for...the idea it's to help the bad players feel good is a f u c king lie.



cloudwalkr #153 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 14:24

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 56712 battles
  • 6,264
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

man, it's hard to make it through this thread.  

 

You have people who missed the point.  Some who never knew what the point was.  Some who get it and are happy it's coming.  A few with legitimate concerns about keeping tabs on themselves, which is easy to do outside of matches...you don't need in game stats to tell you this.  Then you have the "but while they focus you your team might win" crowd...which is truly something.  Let me grief you all game long, multiple games each time you try to play, and then try to explain it away "well...Im not shooting at your team".  It's beyond a stupid argument.

 

Then you have the angry "anonymizer is for the tier 2 seal clubbers" kids in here crying.  Holy crap man.

 

 



IronPanterloons #154 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 15:01

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3956 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015

View Postxrays_, on Nov 21 2019 - 10:21, said:

So, artillery will simply focus the anonymous players (i.e. the players that don't show XVM stats in the player panels), because those vain enough to think they are too good to be hit by artillery will be the first to use this mechanic. You realize that this is WarGaming implementing this feature, right? They always mess things up somehow.

 

x.

Well, good artillery players seem to focus on who's performing well, at least from what I've seen. Take me in my Centurion 5/1 RAAC...my stats are bad but in a game where I was doing pretty well because I ran to the perfect spot for this tank on the particular map I was on, the lone red arty hammered me almost the entire time.

 

View Post__WarChild__, on Nov 21 2019 - 10:32, said:

Now, anyone who blocks their stats using the anonymizer must be good so I will arty focus them all game until they are gone!!

 

:playing:  :trollface:  :playing:

The good AND the bad have reasons to use the anonymizer.

 

View Postrwwllms, on Nov 21 2019 - 13:18, said:

Or just do away with stats altogether. They really mean nothing. You're just one person playing with 29 other people. 29 different other people every match. Never playing with the same people on the same map in the same tanks. This makes any and all statistics worthless junk. Statistics only matter when all the variables are the same every time.

If the math of statistics and probabilities are too advanced for you to understand then just don't make the worthless, useless, nonsensical WoT statistics public. Only the individual person can see their own 'stats' and no one else nor can the individual see anyone else's 'stats'. 

I was thinking of this just last night about someone's super-high win rate on a certain tank. Win rate is so misleading because it's not truly your win rate. It's a product of the blind lucky hodgepodge of players that have been thrown together while you were playing that tank. To me it's more of a yes or no indicator of which tanks of yours fit your play style more, because obviously you contributed to the games that gave you a high win rate, though there have been many, many battles where I played poopty-pooh for one reason or another and the green side still won. There are also as many games where I played my heart out, made all the right moves, and still lost the battle.

 

In the end, I think probably everyone will select the anonymizer in settings because why not? One tick mark and you WILL avoid some harassment at some point, so again, why not?

 

And I really thought the mod thing had been put to bed. Mods aren't cheating if WG allows them. Something that everyone has access to no matter your server or skill level isn't a cheat. If you choose not to use them then that's your handicap. The mods that have been banned by WG ARE cheats. Mods make the game more accessible to players who otherwise would have given up a long time ago, like maybe that dude I saw in the forum who said his 80'th birthday was the next day. Personally, I enjoy being able to make my garage look the way I want, use whatever sound effects I want, reskin or unskin the ugly tanks, get more information in front of my eyes that's already in the game anyway, and a lot of other stuff. Maybe WG should just put every mod (except XVM stats) in the game and then everyone would be happy...right? Right?

 

Personally, I keep all that stat junk turned off because seeing that I'm fighting purple players turns me off. I also hide clan icons and any other items where someone is trying to show their superiority to me. Mods at least give me the illusion of being on equal footing, which usually makes me play better because I believe it's not a lost cause. Maybe that's why the good players want to do away with mods? They enjoy the psychological advantage.

 

Mods will always be here because WG is an equal opportunity financial receiver, and people who use mods have money too. It's just business, folks.



VariaVespasa #155 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 15:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 76713 battles
  • 2,724
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostLowtech4, on Dec 10 2019 - 13:54, said:


The problem are the dbags who screw over the rest of the team who want to hide their 60k green, blue and purple stats as the seal club at tier2...that's who this is for...the idea it's to help the bad players feel good is a f u c king lie.

Goddamn right.   I sincerely doubt WGs ability to be subtle enough to disguise the anons and I know when I spot one I'll be gunning for them for precisely that reason.  The game became the success it is for 8 years without this unasked-for crap, and the anonymizer can lick my unwashed sack, as can the participation-trophy exec(s) who decided to implement it. I am not pleased.



IronPanterloons #156 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 15:09

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3956 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015

Hmmm...something I didn't think of...

If everyone clicks this on in settings, and it hides stats, then XVM has been effectively neutered. Whether or not it will really work that way remains to be seen.



IronPanterloons #157 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 15:25

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3956 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015

View PostBurdenedfungus, on Nov 27 2019 - 22:20, said:

Just because I'm bored and was wondering if this was out yet (it's not) I'll type my opinions to various things in here.

 

I'm literally coming back to this game because of this one change everyone says is bad and pointless. 

 

I was, at one point, a professional player for this game. I played A LOT. I streamed A LOT. I went to a bunch of tourneys and finals at WGLNAs dime. I also quit this game after they closed gold league for NA. 

 

Now, the thing is, I quit not because they closed gold league. I quit because I couldn't justify staying anymore and game after game trying to carry when about 70% of the matches I played I got suicided into by lights, autoloaders, mediums and occasionally a super heavy would trade literally all his HP just to shoot at me 1 time. If I was lit most arty would just focus me all game after that point. I stopped trying to carry matches and win. I started trying to just survive the match and farm some damage because I knew if I did anything hyper aggressive someone would just see me sitting behind a corner with my entire team behind me and they would just push out shoot me and blow up. That's not a fun way to play this game at all.

 

I'm not saying "oh boo hoo look at me, I'm the only one in the whole game the red team shoots." I'm saying that when it was happening it was not FUN and games are meant to be FUN. If I have the ability to win a game by actually learning the game over my 30k battles then I should be able to use that knowledge and win with tactics and positioning. But instead of that I got people looking at my clan tag of BULBA or the purple of my stats that I busted [edited]for and just suicide at me. Countless times I would be harassed all game long by my OWN TEAMMATES because "BULBA carry us wth" or "padded purple player is going to lose lol"

 

Imagine that over and over and over and over and over and over again. Just because I was in a good clan and had good stats. These people I never said anything to nor even pinged on the map or w/e would just harass me all game. 

 

What did I do to earn constant harassment? Being good at the game. 

 

I would trade my account and all my tanks/gold for a blank account that didn't track stats. I actually really ENJOY playing tanks, when I can actually play the whole match without being jumped on. I'm washed up now, I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be and yet I still got suicided into and harassed when I came back to play because I used to be good at the game. How is that fair to me?

 

I am actually honestly really excited for this change because it hopefully means I can play this game again without those things. I really enjoy this game or I wouldn't have played it for 4 years of my life, put countless hours into it, or given my blood sweat and tears to my old teammates in WGLNA.

 

This is mostly a rant I guess but that's how I feel about this "stupid and pointless change" I doubt anyone will even read or care about this. But I do.


Yikes. Reading your post makes me glad for my bad stats, and I say that in truth and not to make a joke of it. But since you want anonymity, why not just start fresh with a blank account and play it as you wish you could...not tracking stats? Hopefully this change will help you reconcile still playing the game, but if not, there's always the nuclear reset. Not like you couldn't get back up the lines quickly.



zuquizu #158 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 22:26

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18197 battles
  • 198
  • [AZTKZ] AZTKZ
  • Member since:
    02-23-2015

maybe this is good for not being focused(the purple players)....but i think this thing need work in both ways...

my idea is: if you anonimyze your name, you only see anonimized names on all the enemy team... because now you the purple player can focus the other purple player who not have anonimizer activated and can be careful around him



fullmetalgrimm #159 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 23:19

    Private

  • Players
  • 21973 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013
Great feature for seal clubbers. Hide in plain sight. 

01LT #160 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 23:27

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37291 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View Postwetspot, on Dec 10 2019 - 12:23, said:

"The Anonymizer is a tool that will make you feel more comfortable in World of Tanks"  Really WOT! .... So world of tanks went politically correct.

 

The ANON wont make me feel any different or more comfortable. All it does is prevent idiots at game start from knowing your stats.

That's all it does end of story.

No more whinny complaints about they have a good player or this will be a quick loss comments at game start. Ill still be playing the EXACT same way just like EVERYONE else.

View PostIronPanterloons, on Dec 10 2019 - 14:09, said:

Hmmm...something I didn't think of...

If everyone clicks this on in settings, and it hides stats, then XVM has been effectively neutered. Whether or not it will really work that way remains to be seen.


even more HMMM...........If the player names are made up will they repeat and will XVM start stats on fictitious player names because the more they repeat name the better stats will be there will be some God like stat names.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users