Thought newbs stay low tiers vets higher tiers - nope all one sided

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

da_Rock002 #21 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 17:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 9865 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 23 2019 - 09:32, said:

Maybe you should be MORE SPECIFIC and mention that these BOTS are on the South American Server Only.

The way you posted this you make it sound like the NA servers are ALL full of these and this is simply NOT TRUE.

So, next time, how about being a little more clear and noting that you are playing on the SA server when you are doing this?  You know, that whole truth in reporting thing.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

OK

THE BOTS ARE ON THE SA SERVER !   

Even WG has mentioned it.   Of course, they could be accused of not telling the whole truth in reporting on just about everything.   In this event, my post didn't hide the news about something that's been a part of NA/SA for months now.   

As for your accusation that I'm somehow trying to cover up where they are    :ohmy:      :teethhappy:    they've  BEEN ON THE SA SERVER FOR WHAT?   how many months?  and on the test server before that.

Who discloses months old news that isn't even part of his discussion........ that's a interesting charge about something everyone who has recently talked about playing low tiers has been informed about BEING ON THE SA SERVER.....    People have mentioned it all over and WG even publicized it when it was in testing.

Talk about trumped up issues...….   :harp:   

da_Rock002 #22 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 17:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 9865 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Nov 23 2019 - 11:24, said:

Nope. WG only uses bots on the SA server and they honestly aren't half bad. They certainly don't drive themselves into corners or run around in circles. What you are seeing is people screwing around or with no clue yet what's going on/

They did the first few weeks.   Oh, are they doing differently for you???   When did you start playing them.    Are you trying to hide that you've been BOT-clubbing?    

As for anyone "seeing people screwing around" ……   You're kidding right?    You really don't know how to identify people versus BOTs on the SA server?     Speaking of someone with no clue what's being discussed.           You should ask the owl how someone can tell the bots from the humans in WG's new BOT-MM that was introduced recently.   

So you say they aren't half bad.     You seemed to have also overlooked my saying that same thing.   It wasn't in my first sentence so of course you wouldn't have read it.   I even mentioned their progression from wanderers to purposeful hunters.       

you guys show your character more and more every post

da_Rock002 #23 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 17:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 9865 battles

Oh yeah, I probably should explain for the-dud-76 that WG has decided to identify the BOTs by placing special character as the first and last character of the bot's name.

When anyone of us looks at the team listings in battle, the humans stand out because their names aren't #surrounded# with the bot identifier character.

the_dude_76,   next time you think all those humans are just screwing around,  check their names in the list and you might discover they are actually bots.    That is.... if you ever really play a low tier match with bots in it.    BWT, those games are only available on the SA server.  (didn't want to be accused of hiding that fact)

_dude_   it really appears you weren't completely truthful when you said what you did about the bots in the new version of the MM.   it also appears you didn't read the whole post.   no problem, you guys are who you guys are.   and prove it over and over. 

FrontenacDuVandoo #24 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 18:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18026 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

As others have mentioned, tier 4 to 6 is the better place to learn how the game works. Below that it's just a mess, for various reasons.

One of them is that the tanks haven't taken their form yet. By that I mean that there is no real distinctions between the tank classes. So it's a free for all that won't help you in the higher tiers.

The tank classes start to take their own in tier 5, which enables the gameplay to take form. Lights being fast and stealthy enabling them to do the scouting role. Heavies having enough armor to do the tanking. Mediums being mobile enough to do their thing.

You also encounter tanks that are 2 tiers above yours and you can learn how to deal with them. Either by choosing another fight, or working with allies to take them down.

The On Track is for a line of heavy tanks, the first heavy in that line is at tier 5 with the KV-1 and KV1S. That's where you should focus your learning experience if you want to try heavies. And they are good ones to learn. 

Otherwise, a big factor for why high tier is for vets is to do with crews. A new player without a good crew will get eaten alive in high tier. The lack of knowledge of the game will be compounded with a weak crew. Good players can do well without a good crew, but it's their skill and knowledge that is compensating for what the crew isn't providing.

Edited by FrontenacDuVandoo, Nov 23 2019 - 18:06.

dunniteowl #25 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 18:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Nov 23 2019 - 10:33, said:

They did the first few weeks.   Oh, are they doing differently for you???   When did you start playing them.    Are you trying to hide that you've been BOT-clubbing?    

As for anyone "seeing people screwing around" ……   You're kidding right?    You really don't know how to identify people versus BOTs on the SA server?     Speaking of someone with no clue what's being discussed.           You should ask the owl how someone can tell the bots from the humans in WG's new BOT-MM that was introduced recently.   

So you say they aren't half bad.     You seemed to have also overlooked my saying that same thing.   It wasn't in my first sentence so of course you wouldn't have read it.   I even mentioned their progression from wanderers to purposeful hunters.       

View Postda_Rock002, on Nov 23 2019 - 10:46, said:

Oh yeah, I probably should explain for the-dud-76 that WG has decided to identify the BOTs by placing special character as the first and last character of the bot's name.

When anyone of us looks at the team listings in battle, the humans stand out because their names aren't #surrounded# with the bot identifier character.

the_dude_76,   next time you think all those humans are just screwing around,  check their names in the list and you might discover they are actually bots.    That is.... if you ever really play a low tier match with bots in it.    BWT, those games are only available on the SA server.  (didn't want to be accused of hiding that fact)

_dude_   it really appears you weren't completely truthful when you said what you did about the bots in the new version of the MM.   it also appears you didn't read the whole post.   no problem, you guys are who you guys are.   and prove it over and over. 

Okay, I am going to say something unkind here:  You are being purposely reactionary.  I am going to stop doing anything more than to inform others when you are posting drivel based on being a perfect example of your "handle."

I normally attribute your numbskull posting to just being ignorant, which means -- you just don't KNOW -- however with this sort of reaction from you, which is FILLED with incorrect statements smattered with Captain Obvious facts that you are being purposely ignorant.

So let me clear a couple things up for you, if a Rock should have ears, eyes or a brain:

BOTS on the NA server did happen -- for two days.  It was AN ACCIDENT.  it was corrected by WG and admitted to by WG.  The Official BOTs were meant to ONLY BE ON THE SA server.  If YOU had read those news items, you would have known that.  Each time you throw out a fact, you cover it with ignorant and, quite honestly, pretty childish overlay of insulting language (as your post referring to 'the dud-76', for example) to attempt to 'make you right' while at the same time disparaging the person who called you on that ignorance.

Then you seem to go out of your way to compound your mistakes by simply NOT OWNING it as a mistake and going off in some tangential direction (tangential means in some non important path or minor path out of the direction one would expect) in some misbegotten attempt to still be right.

Maybe you could back it down a tad and start owning your mistakes and instead of getting all pissy about it, take the correction for what it is: correcting your misinformation.  If you did that, your posting would, hopefully, improve by being less ignorant on the whole and then, when you do post factual and good stuff, you won't be as ignored.

Why don't you give that a whirl?

I am optimistic, I confess.  In the last 3 years of seeing your posts, I have no reason to believe you will actually take that advice.  You haven't taken any good advice so far.  I still hope for you, though.  Maybe the fifteenth time is the charm for some folks.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

the_dude_76 #26 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postda_Rock002, on Nov 23 2019 - 10:33, said:

I don't even know how to respond to that rambling mess that you call a post. FYI, it's not that people aren't reading your entire posts, it's that you can't coherently get your point across so they are left scratching their heads wondering WT F you're blathering on and on about..

And I know how to identify the bots on the SA server, they are marked right in their name. You didn't mention that, you claimed you could tell just how they were behaving. WG's bot's don't act the way you were describing. That is all I commented on, how you've come to the conclusion that I wasn't being truthful about something, no clue what that thing even is, is beyond me. 

MajorPBJ #27 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 07:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 3 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Nov 23 2019 - 12:36, said:

BTW, for those experienced players who've posted about how the lower tiers work...……….

A few weeks back I decided to actually grind a line and see what it's like.  And also figured to improve my one Polish crew while I was at it.   That led to somewhat of a shocking discovery.   The low tiers are DIFFERENT nowadays !      WGNA solved the lack of new players problems by creating a MM that spits out bot-filled teams to accommodate the very few new players showing up in Tier1-Tier5 queues.    And seems to be playing around with it.

The first weeks, every match in my new 7TP had 7 player teams, with one human on each team.   The bots were really simple.   They would go somewhere and either get trapped in a ravine or somesuch and then basically drive around in circles.   The real eyeopener however was how often the player on the other team was actually a newbie.   Only seeing one human at a time doesn't really make for a significant sample if you're interested in knowing how many newbs there are versus how many seal clubbers or players starting grinds.     At first it seemed there were more clubbers...  then there were more newbs....   and the other day things changed.    They changed a lot.

The battles usually took more time than I thought 14 player battles would take especially with 12 bots (somewhat mindless ones especially) wandering about.   It was mostly because the bots didn't notice things like even newbies would.   They just hung out about halfway across the map mostly.     None of them seemed to be looking for anything.     It certainly wasn't a great learning experience for newbies, and nothing like battling even a team of newbies, much less a team of newbies with a seal clubber in it.    but recently that changed.

One battle I noticed one of the bots just happened to stand out.    An allied bot had stumbled into the enemy CAP and I noticed one of the enemy bots turn around and bee line toward that CAP.    So next battle I paid better attention and noticed another "smarter" bot.    There was sort of a "dawning" from then on.   It could be that WG has decided to smarten up some bots.   The last week certainly looks like it.     WG could be doing something good for seals.    A seal with 6 somewhat useful bots stands a better chance of learning something (by getting the time to learn it) against a clubber who has to pay attention to the bots instead of flooring his T2 Light and heading for the seal right off.    

anyway.….   at least TierII is a lot different than it was 3 years ago.     Advice to newbies needs some updating about the bottom tiers.   

Aint no bots for NA... I just came back to the game on a new account to learn. takes 5 freaking minutes or more to get a game in tier 1/2 so i cant even get exp in the stupid line to get past it. BOTS would be FANTASTIC and frankly thats where war thunder does it right. Should be half bots half people on all teams make the que less than a minute on all tiers, who cares if they arent as good as people. Make the game fun. Idk about you but I cant be bothered to sit 5mins waiting to play then get insta blown up by losers who sit in low tier in fulled geared out tanks so I get no exp.

GollumsFish #28 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 07:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11684 battles
  • [GANDP] GANDP

You can't learn much of anything at tiers 1-3. The players are too unpredictable. Most team members don't know the maps and don't know where to go, so you could go to a good place where people in higher tier games go to duke it out conservatively and get irrationally bum-rushed by half the enemy team. You'll find campers in all sorts of nonsensical places who just murder you without you learning anything useful about the map. And then you get higher level players who pick overpowered vehicles and trick them out with premium consumables, equipment, and massively overskilled crews and just farm you. And all the tanks are so lightly armored and fragile, that you can't learn anything about armor useage. It's a complete circus.

If you want a low tier to camp at for a while and learn the game... that would probably be Tier 5. Tier 5 is the last tier where you will never lose money, no matter how poorly you play. And all the tanks start to calm down and get their identities. Heavies play like heavies, mediums act like mediums and lights act like lights. You still get erratic behavior, but everyone is starting to go where they are usually supposed to go on each map and playing more conservatively.

People might complain that it takes too long to reach tier 5, but trust me, it's really not a long grind to get there. Focus on getting yourself a KV-1 Russian heavy, a T-34 Russian medium, an M4 Sherman American medium, a PZ IV German medium and just use them to learn the game. Maybe a German Stug IIIG to try and learn some tank destroyer gameplay. Get to tier 5 and stay there for a while until you feel like you have a handle on the game.

da_Rock002 #29 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 9865 battles

View PostMajorPBJ, on Dec 09 2019 - 01:21, said:

Aint no bots for NA... I just came back to the game on a new account to learn. takes 5 freaking minutes or more to get a game in tier 1/2 so i cant even get exp in the stupid line to get past it. BOTS would be FANTASTIC and frankly thats where war thunder does it right. Should be half bots half people on all teams make the que less than a minute on all tiers, who cares if they arent as good as people. Make the game fun. Idk about you but I cant be bothered to sit 5mins waiting to play then get insta blown up by losers who sit in low tier in fulled geared out tanks so I get no exp.

WGNA solved the problem of wait time on low tiers  in the USCentral server by using bots in the lower tiers on the SA server.   The bots are there in the SA server.

No 5 minute timeouts on the SA server.    

I usually see around 50 on the USC server, and around 150-180 on the SA.   Most days I don't notice any problems on the SA.   No long waits either.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users