• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

1984BigBrother #1 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 20:19

Competitive Gaming Manager

• Administrator
  • 16868 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers,

If you have looked at the map today you may have noticed that there are 6 FireFly (worth 7k) provinces instead of the usual 3.

This was planned to put some extra gold on the map and maybe have some additional battles right at the end.

I have heard from a few people that didn't like this, for the reason that it could affect the final season rankings but I would like to hear from more of you.

How do you feel about Firefly provinces in general?

Do you like the extra FFs?

I look forward to your feedback,

Big

_Perfect #2 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 20:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 25184 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

less RNG is better. doing this randomly isn't good or transparent. Why not ask upfront to try something, this community is very communicative if WG actually tried to listen. 
I think the server isn't active enough to have 6 Fireflies that are too far apart to be connected. The distance between the top-top and the rest is too big. Have clans that would typically not hold very much randomly get gifted 7-21k gold from a Firefly movement. Because it takes days for a clan to challenge them typically. With the top 40 getting to play in the playoffs, and the last few spots being around 40-50k gold income for the season. A 21k gift from WG is half or almost half of the gold needed to qualify. Something that other clans worked the entire season to accomplish is taken away because another clan got luckier than they were Because RNG FF movements.

-this was planned to put some extra gold on the map and maybe have some additional battles right at the end.
Maybe add more 2k-960s on the map to spread the extra around instead of swinging 14-21k gold to 3 clans? 

-How do you feel about Firefly provinces in general?
The movements should be known and they should be kept for at least 2 weeks minimum before moving (they moved after 11days ty wg) so the clans that leave their land to go after them are actually rewarded. 

-Do you like the extra FFs?
No. 3 should be max at 7k value unless its implemented like EU and RU were the pots are close enough to be strung together by top clans.(creates a high reward area to be fought for) Instead of spreading the wealth out that top clans can split and hold everything. 

Theres a strategy to the game that is planning. Adding RNG removes the planning aspect of the game a bit (like moving FF's that are impossible to plan ahead for) It's part of the game, the map managers are planning their moves hours in advance. Something that, for me, makes the game more interesting to play. Kind of like chess. 

Edited by _Perfect, Nov 22 2019 - 20:56.

Zero_o7 #3 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 20:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19501 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Fireflys are just a pain. It all gets diplod out anyway. It's just a 21k gold gift to Whoever it lands on. The only result is it's a bit harder to cover them all? Idk. 

Zer0_Warri0r #4 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 20:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20703 battles
  • [-DSS-] -DSS-
Fire Fly provinces should only be there for 24 hours then rotate, 

Racing_Legend_Ruev #5 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 20:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25782 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
more gold :ok_hand:

__WarChild__ #6 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 20:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 33876 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
If OPIC gets its province as a firefly, then I have no problem with this.  Regardless, I don't think that adding more is a good thing, either now or in the future.  But that's just my personal opinion.  I agree with what the Mahou and Youjo players said above as far as the specifics.  Generally, not a good idea as far as implementation but a nice thought to try and hand out more gold - so kudos to WG for the thought.

Zanarkand_C #7 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 20:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 36865 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Who complains about extra gold opportunities?

O_P_Hacker #8 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 21:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32882 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View Post1984BigBrother, on Nov 22 2019 - 14:19, said:

Tankers,

If you have looked at the map today you may have noticed that there are 6 FireFly (worth 7k) provinces instead of the usual 3.

This was planned to put some extra gold on the map and maybe have some additional battles right at the end.

I have heard from a few people that didn't like this, for the reason that it could affect the final season rankings but I would like to hear from more of you.

Big

Its great! :great:

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #9 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 21:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25090 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

1984BigBrother  atm your game are totaly broken . you need fix all what all change you did on the game . 

lose lose lose lose . and always stupide apcr premium on the face all the time . so fice your game

Edited by JayStark02, Nov 23 2019 - 16:09.

O_P_Hacker #10 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 21:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32882 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View Post1984BigBrother, on Nov 22 2019 - 14:19, said:

Tankers,

Big

don't mind perfect he is just mad cuz someone not in his alliance has chance to farm gold

eastcoastlobster #11 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 21:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 63 battles

_Perfect #12 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 22:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 25184 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostO_P_Hacker, on Nov 22 2019 - 15:44, said:

don't mind perfect he is just mad cuz someone not in his alliance has chance to farm gold

My alliance still owns them all. Not even a worry for me tyvm :)
Lets see if the Y0l0 Pirates can finally snag a 7k for a day or 2

Edited by _Perfect, Nov 22 2019 - 22:05.

noboater #13 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 22:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35293 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Yea, the rich get richer and the por get porer. I could only afford to use one o. Us nobodys will spend thousands in credits fighting for the scraps and hoping to get a neat participation medal. Sounds good to me.

Das_Junka #14 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 02:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21979 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
Perhaps it's inevitable that gold production will be monopolized by a single hegemonic entity - I've participated in philosophical debates about this in another game - but anything that may destabilize a hegemonic construct to the degree of preventing fixed outcomes is a good thing. There must always be an effort to keep the powers that be on their toes.

_xDsmote___FakeNews #15 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 03:01

Captain

• Players
  • 14860 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP

Fireflies are just ill-advised in general, let alone six of them.

Most of the fireflies this season have been entirely uncontested. In fact, there have been multiple timezones where every single firefly was never contested at all. The first and second timezones have never had any contests for the fireflies all season -- they have effectively just been random extra gold for whoever they landed on. In the third timezone, every single firefly up until today was left uncontested, and even if this firefly in Florida yields battles that's still a poor ratio of only a 25% contestation rate. The fifth timezone has only had two fireflies, and -- if the diplomacy continues at the rate it is going -- the ZOO firefly will be largely uncontested, and the GIVUP firefly from over a month ago only was contested for three out of fourteen days. Again, in total that's a contestation rate of barely 10%. Once again, not much.

The only timezone that has really seen any contests for the fireflies is the fourth timezone. Every firefly in the fourth timezone has been contested to some degree, although -- admittedly -- the most recent firefly was a bit of a flop in terms of battles.

If you combine all of these rates together: 0%, 0%, 25%, 100%, and 10%, you get an average rate of 27%. That means 73% of the time, these fireflies are nothing but random gold for whoever is lucky enough to get them.

I would make the argument that this is bad for all clans -- both those "in the alliance," so to speak, and those clans not "in the alliance." You have all of these clans who aren't in the grand alliance trying to get gold, but the firefly contestation rate is so bad and the gold is so concentrated on a narrow strip covering all five timezones that they're just left hitting convoys. Likewise, this makes lots of tension in the grand alliance over how these convoys are divvied out.

A better solution would be to just throw out fireflies entirely and just put more gold on the map. For example, if there was more gold in -- say, Kansas -- then clans who were not a part of the grand alliance could easily go up there and get themselves some gold there. They can also still do more convoys. Likewise, you could use some of this gold to bring back the 3,600 pots and scatter some of those. The gold from fireflies could also go into more missions. That works too.

Just stop with the fireflies. More guaranteed gold = less headaches = more fun = more gold for everyone.

Zer0_Warri0r #16 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 03:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20703 battles
  • [-DSS-] -DSS-
they need to do away with these, and bring back the option to raise the gold of your lands. 

ViolentViolet #17 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 11:10

Major

• Players
  • 56755 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

"I have heard from a few people that didn't like this, for the reason that it could affect the final season rankings but I would like to hear from more of you. "

~A couple of things could be impactful with rankings these last 5 days of the season. This is just one more. Technically FFs are impactful on season position any time they are on the map, not just at the end of the season. If we wanted the positions set 5 days earlier, the season should just end 5 days earlier. Although dropping the doubles without advanced notice did impact planning. But crap happens. Being prepared and having a safety built into your season plan is part of the game. Probably would be more popular if the notice that double FFS *could* drop at any time during a season were in the initial rules. 

~I do like FFs. I think the time they are on the map is a good amount of time. Any more and they might as well be seasonal. Any less and it isn't worth adjusting to try and absorb them, and clans did adjust even if it was just via diplo arrangement. The current time does allow some back and forth (even if it is just a 27% increase- even though I don't believe that number considers the territory contesting that occured around FFs- but still caused by them- from the 0% movement that would happen without the 7ks), but I think the % would lower the longer they remained in the same position. I think if FFs were something routine (even at their current length), alliances would figure out a system to rotate the FFs among themselves, or at least that is what I would want if I were in a large alliance where FFs might cause conflict. (This is all theory.. I am in a Very Small Alliance- we pick by a whoever calls it first shotgun style system- but that is a system!)

~any time there is more gold on the map, I am for it. I don't even care who gets it. Everyone putting their time into participating in CWS deserves the shot to earn as much gold for their time as they can get. 

Overall?

I think it depends on what WG wants FFs to accomplish.

If you want activity.. I think that is happening. I am not sure the 2nd batch of FFs add to the activity although i STRONGLY feel that there should be at least 1 FF for Every time zone. So 4 not 3 as a min.

If WG wants to just add more gold, shorten the FFs to 1 or 2 Days before moving around. Basically not giving us enough time to really make changes in location.

mrmyst3rious #18 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 17:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 35092 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

Having a firefly suddenly pop unexpectedly on your land with five days left in this long season is like finding a couple bricks of cocaine on the beach.  Yeah, it's worth a lot on the street but some pissed of member of the cartel is going to want to get it.  

I also agree with what was said about the disruption it could cause in the season ranks with this RNG with five days left.  It unfairly weighs the last 5 days versus the other 53 days.  

If the goal of FF's was to encourage battles one thing that could be done is that when a FF lands, it moves one connected province every 24 hours.  The movement could be random or set, but it's going to create potential battles 3-4 provinces away from the FF as clans setup to potentially receive the FF.  

Edited by mrmyst3rious, Nov 23 2019 - 17:52.

thegreat101 #19 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 19:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31038 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

View Postmrmyst3rious, on Nov 23 2019 - 17:37, said:

If the goal of FF's was to encourage battles one thing that could be done is that when a FF lands, it moves one connected province every 24 hours.  The movement could be random or set, but it's going to create potential battles 3-4 provinces away from the FF as clans setup to potentially receive the FF.  

Predicted movements of the FF would be lovely, it would deff create a different atmosphere, and encourage more battles, another option could Keep a solid 3 firflys max, no more than 3. and take the gold from the extra 3 fireflys, and add it to the pot of 24 gold provinces. Making all land worth 24 gold, moved up to 120, There is really no reason for there to be 24 gold land, EVEN 0. no clans wants to just "have land" the entire point is to earn gold, and gold gets you vicotry points.
     right now, big clans have stuff to fight for, but low clans are not encouraged to get land. 24 gold on land is not enough for them to want to hold, when they can do missions and get tripple the amount. 
    so a Predicted map of movments of only 3 fireflys, "mabye highlight what land its  its going to travel too next" somthing that tells you where its going to traval, 2 days ahead of time as it moves like a snake through the land. at the same time making all 24 gold land worth 120, meaning the LOWEST any land is worth is 120 for the lower clan's to have somthing.

Edited by thegreat101, Nov 23 2019 - 19:51.

thegreat101 #20 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 19:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31038 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-
and for this final week, the fact that all clans this entire season had a firefly for 2 weeks, and this last rotation of the firefly gave it to clans for only 1 week, then 3 extras were added, and rotated. clans can only hold this firefly for a max of 2 days before the season ends. its not really worht it, if this would of been added a week ago, then mabye, but a "last" min change, seems a bit "unbalanced"
should of added 3 more fireflys but "never" rotated the oringal 3

Edited by thegreat101, Nov 23 2019 - 19:49.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users