Jump to content


Best Stealthy Tank

Stealth Camo TDS Lights

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

SquishySupreme #21 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 07:08

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3951 battles
  • 850
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018
The top 3:
1: EVEN 90.  Klingon Cloaking device.  Tiny, fast, and really effective late game.  The downside is you have to SURVIVE until the enemy is left with 1-2 shot tanks to finish off.  I recommend dark gray or the moon camo if you have it - it just makes it that much harder to hit.  Can hide in bushes most tanks think are too small.  It used to be the king of passive scouting, but passive scouting is kind of a thing of the past, except on Frontline, where the little thing is hilariously effective since the T8 wheeled vehicle (lynx) is pretty squishy/spots itself out of the game fairly fast.  Note - in FL mode, use only premium ammo and run to the supply to "reload" instead of fighting it out once damaged - all ammo reloaded will cost you 0 cr even if it is premium.

2: The Rhm. Borsig WT.  The nickname for it is "Romulan Borsig".   This is essentially the same gun as on the Skorpion G or the KV2 - your choice.  With food and max camo crew/BIA/net, I've had enemies drive 60-70m from me sitting in a small bush (barely any effective camo) and not see me.  The main gun is a sniper's dream with a good reload and the second is murderously high damage HE.  I personally stuck several female crew on it - and I do better in it by far than in my T9 version. Can't say enough good things about it - other than the grind to get there was really not fun at all.

3:UDES 03. Like a bad frog that waits to explode on bugs.  Super stealthy and very quick for a TD - don't forget that it can fire in "shotgun" mode while outside of siege mode.  Famous for getting into places and positions quickly where you'd not think it was possible.  Siege mode does not drop camo or binos when you rotate.  Expect that when you fire that you've been lit.  Fire, hit X, and back up - don't wait for 6th sense to go off.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Nov 25 2019 - 07:09.


Ghost_of_Charles_Bronson #22 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 07:35

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 26658 battles
  • 58
  • [SABOT] SABOT
  • Member since:
    12-08-2010

Best lights for spotting competitions and camo are the LT-432 and the T100LT. They're very low profile and have 40 percent camo on the move. With food and a good crew, the LT-432 can hit 490ish view range while the T100LT hits about 510. This is with improved optics.

 

Best TDs for spotting competitions are the swedish TDs (tier 8/9/10). They are fast enough to get into good spots early. You will likely end up double bushed for this sort of mission but even if you're in the open, they can fire on tanks without being spotted a lot of the time.


Edited by Ghost_of_Charles_Bronson, Nov 25 2019 - 07:42.


leadtag101 #23 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 12:26

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20219 battles
  • 489
  • Member since:
    10-28-2012

View Postleadtag101, on Nov 25 2019 - 12:26, said:

Even 90, 4700 assisted damage last game. Love this little pipsqueak!

 


Even 90, 4700 assisted damage last game. Love this little pipsqueak!

Made a lot of guys on my team happy while they farmed the spotted enemy!


Edited by leadtag101, Nov 25 2019 - 12:28.


Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #24 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 13:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 35563 battles
  • 1,350
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostBrids17, on Nov 24 2019 - 01:15, said:

M56 scorpion is underrated. It's got insane camo and unlike the e-25, it's actually got great standard and premium pen. 


needs a bit more dpm and top end speed



Brody67 #25 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 14:55

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13606 battles
  • 365
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

tanks i used for operation stug where 

 

Light tank - Type 64

Medium  - Super Pershing

Heavy IS-2 < the Premium one, O-1,KV-2,Tiger P,

TD, Steyr WT,ISU-152,Hellcat, SU-100

Arty GW.Panther,



gatorken #26 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 16:04

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 79980 battles
  • 383
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E
  • Member since:
    12-29-2013

View PostSquishySupreme, on Nov 25 2019 - 01:08, said:

The top 3:
1: EVEN 90.  Klingon Cloaking device.  Tiny, fast, and really effective late game.  The downside is you have to SURVIVE until the enemy is left with 1-2 shot tanks to finish off.  I recommend dark gray or the moon camo if you have it - it just makes it that much harder to hit.  Can hide in bushes most tanks think are too small.  It used to be the king of passive scouting, but passive scouting is kind of a thing of the past, except on Frontline, where the little thing is hilariously effective since the T8 wheeled vehicle (lynx) is pretty squishy/spots itself out of the game fairly fast.  Note - in FL mode, use only premium ammo and run to the supply to "reload" instead of fighting it out once damaged - all ammo reloaded will cost you 0 cr even if it is premium.

2: The Rhm. Borsig WT.  The nickname for it is "Romulan Borsig".   This is essentially the same gun as on the Skorpion G or the KV2 - your choice.  With food and max camo crew/BIA/net, I've had enemies drive 60-70m from me sitting in a small bush (barely any effective camo) and not see me.  The main gun is a sniper's dream with a good reload and the second is murderously high damage HE.  I personally stuck several female crew on it - and I do better in it by far than in my T9 version. Can't say enough good things about it - other than the grind to get there was really not fun at all.

3:UDES 03. Like a bad frog that waits to explode on bugs.  Super stealthy and very quick for a TD - don't forget that it can fire in "shotgun" mode while outside of siege mode.  Famous for getting into places and positions quickly where you'd not think it was possible.  Siege mode does not drop camo or binos when you rotate.  Expect that when you fire that you've been lit.  Fire, hit X, and back up - don't wait for 6th sense to go off.

 

My first thought was the RHM, I really like it as a bushwhanker TD.  It's even good if you are starting out a new crew.



FrontenacDuVandoo #27 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 16:25

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 18633 battles
  • 1,207
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

View PostArturius666, on Nov 22 2019 - 23:27, said:

Didn't Dezgamez have a YouTube video a couple months back where he tricked out the best camo and tank in the game? Can't recall what it was but I dont think it was e25. E25 might still win though for practical purposes because it has the old pre nerf camo when firing.

He did two.

-The Ikv 72 for the best stationary camo. Being at tier 3 it's even stronger since nobody has max view range.

-The E25 for best camo after firing.

 

 

Anyways, the 1st campaign missions don't require anything spectacular in terms of results. Just using the bush mechanics+camo net/binoc with tech tree tanks will do the job. Having a decent crew can compensate not using the most OP tank if you really need the extra edge.

 


Edited by FrontenacDuVandoo, Nov 25 2019 - 16:27.


oxf_and_bucks #28 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 17:00

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 54206 battles
  • 272
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostBrody67, on Nov 25 2019 - 14:55, said:

tanks i used for operation stug where 

 

Light tank - Type 64

Medium  - Super Pershing

Heavy IS-2 < the Premium one, O-1,KV-2,Tiger P,

TD, Steyr WT,ISU-152,Hellcat, SU-100

Arty GW.Panther,


I used the type 64 for quite a bit of my LT missions as well.The camo is pretty good,but the star of the type 64 show is it's ridiculous view range at tier 6.



stryker105mm #29 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 18:27

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3450 battles
  • 220
  • Member since:
    06-09-2016
i had my elc 90 cammo rate over 70% with a good camo crew and camo net and camo directives 

SquishySupreme #30 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 18:30

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3951 battles
  • 850
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018

View Postgatorken, on Nov 25 2019 - 16:04, said:

 

My first thought was the RHM, I really like it as a bushwhanker TD.  It's even good if you are starting out a new crew.

It is my favorite tank in the game - and the one I play most effectively.  I remember one game where I was in the open with food and natural cover since FL was handing them out like candy and the enemy drove 55m from me and went by - just didn't see me.  Well, until I climbed down and lit up his tail pipe :)  The effective camo on it is absurd if the right setup.   What makes it excellent is the massive(stock) gun that is one of the highest pen guns in the game - you rarely need premium ammo, but when you do, anything wounded just gets finished off.



Panzer_4Life #31 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 19:14

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 5291 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    07-01-2019

I doubt I will ever see an E-25 for sale again,

but I do have a Jadgpanzer IV...and it if your patient...it can set up an ambush very well.

An Alecto is even better, but you have to truly embrace the " Glass Cannon " style of play 

A Well trained Hetz crew can be fun too!

-B

 



Gunn_Fyter #32 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 19:59

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 472 battles
  • 179
  • Member since:
    09-10-2015
Dezgamez did a video about this and declared the IKV 72 to be the stealthiest tank in the game with camo maxed.

SquishySupreme #33 Posted Nov 26 2019 - 07:20

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3951 battles
  • 850
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018
I had much better actual results with the T2 version ( fm/42) as it has a turret and won't blow camo or binos until it fires.  It's like a micro WT with a good crew vs the tanks it faces.

That said, with a normal crew, it's worthless.  The T67 is worlds better overall.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Nov 26 2019 - 07:28.


Saydzhi #34 Posted Nov 26 2019 - 09:55

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 852 battles
  • 398
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
  • Member since:
    06-25-2016

View Postoxf_and_bucks, on Nov 25 2019 - 17:00, said:


I used the type 64 for quite a bit of my LT missions as well.The camo is pretty good,but the star of the type 64 show is it's ridiculous view range at tier 6.

 

The days when it would see T9, and the Bulldog had a 10 round autoloader.  :honoring:



Arturius666 #35 Posted Nov 26 2019 - 10:30

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10819 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    05-26-2013

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Nov 25 2019 - 15:25, said:

He did two.

-The Ikv 72 for the best stationary camo. Being at tier 3 it's even stronger since nobody has max view range.

-The E25 for best camo after firing.

 

 

Anyways, the 1st campaign missions don't require anything spectacular in terms of results. Just using the bush mechanics+camo net/binoc with tech tree tanks will do the job. Having a decent crew can compensate not using the most OP tank if you really need the extra edge.

 

Yeah I did the stug td missions last month using tech tree tanks. T7 turreted American and maybe the jagpanther and like t5 french bathtub haha. Oh and the RBFM which is a crazy good td imo. Just insane dpm, relentless haha. Not the best camo out there but as you say it's not a big deal in the stug missions I guess. Definitely don't need like a tier 8-10 td for the stug campaign. 

 

 



SquishySupreme #36 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 09:22

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3951 battles
  • 850
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018
But WoW a T8 SPG with a turret makes the TD missions - all of them throughout the various campaigns, super easy.

Krodah #37 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 15:53

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 2846 battles
  • 55
  • [AR-15] AR-15
  • Member since:
    07-13-2019

View PostSquishySupreme, on Nov 27 2019 - 02:22, said:

But WoW a T8 SPG with a turret makes the TD missions - all of them throughout the various campaigns, super easy.

 

How can you complete a TD mission with a SPG?  



SquishySupreme #38 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 17:25

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3951 battles
  • 850
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018
Sorry - obvious typo.  T8 TDs with a turret are fantastic for the missions.





Also tagged with Stealth, Camo, TDS, Lights

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users