Jump to content


A new Tier X arty

GWE 100 german arty morser bar

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

PrisonerOfGravity #1 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:13

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11870 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

Greetings and salutations,

My fellow commanders, there is an outrage brewing in our midst.

WG would have us believe that they have created the ultimate in arty, by giving us the GW E-100, the current Tier X German arty.

Now I would agree that the current behemoth is indeed a formidable weapon, but the problem is it never existed, not even in blueprints. Most of us would be okay with that issue since well, there are a lot of 'Paper panzers' that reside in WOT's tech trees.

The outrage is that there was indeed a German arty that was designed and blueprinted for use in 43-44, but was cancelled when the German Army insisted on creating the Standardpanzer.

That monster was the Morser Bar!!

An arty with a 30.5 cm projectile!! Now imagine THAT shell coming down on some poor heavy!!

I plead with you the WOT faithful and WG, and anyone with the vision and power, PLEASE remove the GW E-100 and replace with a REAL Tier X German arty, the Morser Bar!!

Thank you for your time,...dismissed.f60a33b233108d7004272df70422e92d_002.jpg



stalkervision #2 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 71648 battles
  • 9,819
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013
I am down with it .:great:

ProfessionalFinn #3 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 27349 battles
  • 2,479
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016
+1  YES

hehe213 #4 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:18

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 6835 battles
  • 9
  • [AZUR] AZUR
  • Member since:
    07-23-2014

Nah, Karl-Gerat is the real king of howitzers.

 



alphadogg64 #5 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1163 battles
  • 1,425
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012
lol no

gmotoman #6 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:23

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 31087 battles
  • 1,596
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011
Just judging from the picture but how accurate is that gun?  Looks like an awfully short barrel.  Was it rifled or smooth bore?

Akrotiri #7 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:25

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12101 battles
  • 234
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L
  • Member since:
    11-25-2015

Why not the Sturmtiger?  38cm of HE goodness.

 

 



WaywardChild #8 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39953 battles
  • 1,511
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013
Heck yes! 

PrisonerOfGravity #9 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:29

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11870 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View Postgmotoman, on Nov 24 2019 - 01:23, said:

Just judging from the picture but how accurate is that gun?  Looks like an awfully short barrel.  Was it rifled or smooth bore?

 

From all the information I could find it was a rifled barrel. Indeed, when inspecting the  model offerings from both Trumpeter and Amusing Hobby, they both suggest a rifled barrel.

But even if the accuracy is lacking, the splash damage from such a blast might be enough to knock out any heavy.

However, this being WOT, I would believe that WG would modify the damage and accuracy to better fit the game. A real shame really,...



PrisonerOfGravity #10 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:31

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11870 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View PostAkrotiri, on Nov 24 2019 - 01:25, said:

Why not the Sturmtiger?  38cm of HE goodness.

 

 

 

The problem with the Sturmtiger is that it would be a TD and not an SPG for a game like WOT regardless of how it was actually used.



spud_tuber #11 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 60428 battles
  • 9,385
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostPrisonerOfGravity, on Nov 23 2019 - 19:31, said:

 

The problem with the Sturmtiger is that it would be a TD and not an SPG for a game like WOT regardless of how it was actually used.

Well, most,  if not all, of the RU TDs were used as arty probably more than as TDs.  They were also used as direct fire infantry support assault guns quite a bit as well (aka, as a poor man's infantry tank)



PrisonerOfGravity #12 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11870 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View Postspud_tuber, on Nov 24 2019 - 01:45, said:

Well, most,  if not all, of the RU TDs were used as arty probably more than as TDs.  They were also used as direct fire infantry support assault guns quite a bit as well (aka, as a poor man's infantry tank)

 

True. The SU-122 version of the Tier 5 Su-85 is an excellent example of that.



Sic_Transit_Gloria #13 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:56

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16821 battles
  • 238
  • Member since:
    11-18-2014
Does anyone have historical information? I can't find anything online. Is this just a modeler's idea?

nuclearguy931 #14 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 03:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 83546 battles
  • 11,230
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostPrisonerOfGravity, on Nov 23 2019 - 19:13, said:

Greetings and salutations,

My fellow commanders, there is an outrage brewing in our midst.

WG would have us believe that they have created the ultimate in arty, by giving us the GW E-100, the current Tier X German arty.

Now I would agree that the current behemoth is indeed a formidable weapon, but the problem is it never existed, not even in blueprints. Most of us would be okay with that issue since well, there are a lot of 'Paper panzers' that reside in WOT's tech trees.

The outrage is that there was indeed a German arty that was designed and blueprinted for use in 43-44, but was cancelled when the German Army insisted on creating the Standardpanzer.

That monster was the Morser Bar!!

An arty with a 30.5 cm projectile!! Now imagine THAT shell coming down on some poor heavy!!

I plead with you the WOT faithful and WG, and anyone with the vision and power, PLEASE remove the GW E-100 and replace with a REAL Tier X German arty, the Morser Bar!!

Thank you for your time,...dismissed.f60a33b233108d7004272df70422e92d_002.jpg

 

View Poststalkervision, on Nov 23 2019 - 19:17, said:

I am down with it .:great:


I am also down with it.

 

And while they're at it, a tier 8 premium arty for each nation that has an arty branch would be the icing on the cake.

 

Maybe even a new arty branch for Japan or China.



Vulcan_Spectre #15 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 03:13

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6882 battles
  • 1,803
  • [RACK] RACK
  • Member since:
    12-25-2017

View PostPrisonerOfGravity, on Nov 23 2019 - 20:51, said:

 

True. The SU-122 version of the Tier 5 Su-85 is an excellent example of that.

Tier 4 Swede TD was an Arty



PrisonerOfGravity #16 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 03:17

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11870 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View PostSic_Transit_Gloria, on Nov 24 2019 - 01:56, said:

Does anyone have historical information? I can't find anything online. Is this just a modeler's idea?

 

If you need to see some historical data, look up the development of the Sturmtiger.

Before the Sturmtiger became a reality the German Army contracted both Alkett and Krupp to come up with a heavy assault morser using a 35 or 38 cm weapon.

In 1943 Alkett won the contract with their proposal using an extended Tiger chassis (which was designed for the Lowe Heavy Tank), and a rear mounted superstructure similar to the Ferdinand/Elefant TD.

After finding that the design forced the movement of the engine and transmission forward, the Army cancelled the project in favor of the simpler Krupp design which used existing Tiger chassis. Thus came the end of the Morser Bar....



Omega_Weapon #17 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 04:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 54277 battles
  • 2,738
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostAkrotiri, on Nov 23 2019 - 20:25, said:

Why not the Sturmtiger?  38cm of HE goodness.

 

 


Let's just ask for both. No need to pick just one. :playing:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users