iBUYPOWER

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

P0NYTANK #1 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 05:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46157 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
What happened with the iBUYPOWER Scoreboard it hasn't updated on all the day... :confused:

JakeTheMystic #2 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 06:30

Major

• Players
  • 25181 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I'd assume it's only updated once a day it seems, sometime around the normal server restart. 

The person in first is just running away with the lead at this point, but at least it's more believable than what some people were averaging in the Intel event: 463 points with 59% comes out to 653 battles played if he was top 10 on xp every game (let's assume he has been), 8 minutes per battle divided by 60 minutes divided by the 7 days the event has been going brings us to 12.43 hours of consecutive play per day. 

For anyone with school or a job, that's just simply not possible. Of course, this event wasn't designed for those types of players. As for the people near the bottom 100: 105 points with 50% comes to 210 battles, 210*8/60/7 brings us to 4 hours of consecutive play. 

Honestly, I just don't think a lot of people even know about the event for the cutoff to be that low of a number. It's insanely low. I hardly play the game at all and have at least 30 points by now. 200 battles a week is easily doable so how the cutoff isn't higher than that is way beyond me, but for a 100$ coupon it's totally worth playing (unless you have a job that is, you can easily make more money working a few hours than you would earn devoting a couple weeks to play in a dumb event). Either way, congrats to the people who can mindlessly grind that many pubs for hours on end. I know I get frustrated for playing anything over 2 hours at a time. 

P0NYTANK #3 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 06:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46157 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

It is not so difficult if in that equation you put 5 tanks grinding every 20-15 minutes, you just have to be in the Top 10 by experience, with level 8 it is easy, but you should have started from the beginning, that is a fact .. .

But yes, this type of event needs a curfew, like Ranked, but it is what it is...:unsure:

I hope that the next event WG will establish something like this, to make it more "fair and balanced" (like Arty) and inclusive... :izmena:

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 08:10

Major

• Players
  • 25181 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostP0NYTANK, on Nov 24 2019 - 20:44, said:

It is not so difficult if in that equation you put 5 tanks grinding every 20-15 minutes, you just have to be in the Top 10 by experience, with level 8 it is easy, but you should have started from the beginning, that is a fact .. .

But yes, this type of event needs a curfew, like Ranked, but it is what it is...:unsure:

I hope that the next event WG will establish something like this, to make it more "fair and balanced" (like Arty) and inclusive... :izmena:

But there is also the win requirement, so I wouldn't expect people to just be running in to suicide like they were able to do at tier 4 in the Intel event. After battle time in that event was 2 minutes tops, here it's at least somewhat beneficial to play the full match to try and ensure the win. 

I don't know if I'd agree with a curfew still; Even though the majority of people on the NA server are from NA, there are some playing from overseas like Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, ect. It wouldn't be fair to them to be completely excluded from a small event like this, since most of them cant be on during CWs times anyhow. 

WG has already done this event 2 past times at least that I can remember, once being the Intel event (right around 1.0) and the last one was sponsored by Razer. After the Intel one WG at least learned their lesson to make it tier 8+ to prevent people from spamming tier 4 games and throwing battles as fast as they could. 

With that said I still don't like these types of events either way, it's just another cheap cash grab from WG to get more sponsors. It only benefits the people who don't have lives and can afford to play 8+ hours a day on a single game. Not to mention that you have to put in the stupid code just to participate, some people didn't realize until a few days in and others still probably haven't even realized (or don't know about the event all together). I hate the mentality that "I can just rush and die, getting top 10 is easy and the team will carry for the win"; You would think that after all these years WG would know how to do an event properly, but they have royally ****** the last half dozen or so now. The Tank festival was honestly the best thing WG has done in the last year but even then, we didn't even get to keep the damn dog tags that we had to grind for. 

P0NYTANK #5 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 09:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46157 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Nov 25 2019 - 01:10, said:

But there is also the win requirement, so I wouldn't expect people to just be running in to suicide like they were able to do at tier 4 in the Intel event. After battle time in that event was 2 minutes tops, here it's at least somewhat beneficial to play the full match to try and ensure the win. 

I don't know if I'd agree with a curfew still; Even though the majority of people on the NA server are from NA, there are some playing from overseas like Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, ect. It wouldn't be fair to them to be completely excluded from a small event like this, since most of them cant be on during CWs times anyhow. 

WG has already done this event 2 past times at least that I can remember, once being the Intel event (right around 1.0) and the last one was sponsored by Razer. After the Intel one WG at least learned their lesson to make it tier 8+ to prevent people from spamming tier 4 games and throwing battles as fast as they could. 

With that said I still don't like these types of events either way, it's just another cheap cash grab from WG to get more sponsors. It only benefits the people who don't have lives and can afford to play 8+ hours a day on a single game. Not to mention that you have to put in the stupid code just to participate, some people didn't realize until a few days in and others still probably haven't even realized (or don't know about the event all together). I hate the mentality that "I can just rush and die, getting top 10 is easy and the team will carry for the win"; You would think that after all these years WG would know how to do an event properly, but they have royally ****** the last half dozen or so now. The Tank festival was honestly the best thing WG has done in the last year but even then, we didn't even get to keep the damn dog tags that we had to grind for. 

Yeah, i remember the Intel Marathon... was a mess...

Anyway, this event just already exclude people outside from US and LATAM, thats why the Curfew can be a good way to make it inclusive to all the guys, but is not like just run and suicide (I tried and doesn't work), is just to push the attack the faster you can and trying to carry the team, if you die in middle of that just jump to other battle and try to carry the next team or... get a good MM that doen't happen to ofen, maybe WG have to make a Feedback with the comunity to improve this kind of events...

JakeTheMystic #6 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 10:05

Major

• Players
  • 25181 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostP0NYTANK, on Nov 24 2019 - 23:36, said:

Yeah, i remember the Intel Marathon... was a mess...

Anyway, this event just already exclude people outside from US and LATAM, thats why the Curfew can be a good way to make it inclusive to all the guys, but is not like just run and suicide (I tried and doesn't work), is just to push the attack the faster you can and trying to carry the team, if you die in middle of that just jump to other battle and try to carry the next team or... get a good MM that doen't happen to ofen, maybe WG have to make a Feedback with the comunity to improve this kind of events...

Ah yeah, forgot about that one about only the Americas being eligible. I remember for the Intel they did some sort of compensation (at least the person in first was offered the feast) due to shipping issues, thought they would at least offer some other type of compensation like premium tanks or at least a $50+ coupon or something for the premium shop. 

Either way good luck, looks like you are doing pretty good in the event.

Also tagged with iBUYPOWER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users