LHMTV GSOR MANTICORE

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Devil666 #1 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 17:08

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 34487 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

I am currently grind the British light line cause why not.  I  know they are bad and yada yada yada, but has anyone here ground out the line?  I am asking because I have a few blueprints to use and I am not sure where to place them.  I am currently grinding on the LHMTV.  Should I use them to get the GSOR quicker or use them to get the Manticore quicker?  Any thoughts on the T8 or T9 tanks and on which was an easier grind would also be help if you would like to share.  Thanks for you help.

Devil

gpc_4 #2 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 17:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 44124 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
I have the Manticore. I would get out of the tier 8 as quickly as possible. GSOR isn't exactly good either but I thought it was comfortable as an LT.

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #3 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 17:31

Major

• Players
  • 27673 battles
the tier 7 and 8 are fantastic, the GSOR is a pain but I wouldn't waste blueprints on the utter [edited]stain that is the manticore, in fact I wouldn't even bother playing the GSOR to grind out the manticore.

GeisterKatze #4 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 18:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24258 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR
For those of you with the tier VIII U.K. LT, how does it perform in FrontLines?  

Devil666 #5 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 19:17

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 34487 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostGeisterKatze, on Nov 25 2019 - 18:26, said:

For those of you with the tier VIII U.K. LT, how does it perform in FrontLines?  

I tried the T8 in frontlines and it was a very meh experience.  Everything  goes fine until an EBR finds you in your spotting bush or any other premium light for the matter. You just do not have enough dpm to defend yourself and I have better luck with just sticking to pubs.

JackRaptor #6 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 23:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 38275 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

I have the Manticore and do enjoy it, the trick with British LT's is to use them purely for scouting, damage is only an option when scouting is no longer needed or you can last shot someone important.

People try too hard to treat these tanks like all the other tanks, they think putting Verts/Rammer/Optics is the way to go, completely useless. With rammer you gain 200 more dpm, maybe for the GSOR that's good, but for the rest it just won't make a difference. Your job is to spot and remain unspotted.

For my Manticore i used to run Vents/Optics/Rammer, but the Rammer made no difference what so ever, when you fire you run away until you're unlit and then resume scouting. You have an 11.3 second reload with all the other bonuses with the Rammer, without it's 12.3, you become unspotted on the 10 second mark, unless the enemy has Designated Target you'll be spotted for 12 seconds, and trust me, someone with that will kill you. So 12.3 second reload is fine, it's still 2k dpm down the entire line, just 390 alpha.

Once i started to learn about how the Manticore plays i started specializing it, i put improved optics so i can have 515 view range on the move, and thrown away the Rammer/Verts for Binocs that put my view range to 571 for when i need to be passive, that amount of view range completely counters EBR camo and most bushes in the game.

For me, the Manticore is a great deal of fun, and i enjoy playing it, the only serious issue i have is the lack of gun mobility, the GSOR gets 35 degrees of gun elevation, but the Manticore gets 8.....that's not even enough to target the hill from the train tracks on himmelsdorf. Which really limits its gun capability's.

SwollenOstrich #7 Posted Nov 26 2019 - 04:57

Captain

• Players
  • 25673 battles

For the tiers 7, 8 and 9 I have win rates of 61%, 76% and 58%. I did not particularly like the Setter, it was a bit sluggish. The other two I loved.

They are not bad at all. The advice above to leave off the rammer is correct.

Use Optic, Binocs and Vents. Make sure your crew is camo trained, naturally. BIA as well.

It took 29 games to elite the LHMTV, so I didn't waste any blueprints. Took 90 to elite the GSOR, just finished that up this past week.

I didn't put any improved equipment on any of them: really considering just how powerful that GSOR would have been with purple vents ...

Navi_eugen #8 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 00:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2368 battles
  • [DLB] DLB
buena gente​. ​~Navi~

Also tagged with LHMTV, GSOR, MANTICORE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users