• Players
  • 10275 battles
can someone tell me what the universal blueprints or for and how to use them

nuclearguy931 #2 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 82893 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

When you get blueprints there is the possibility of 1 of 3 of them.

All are random. When they drop they pick a specific tank, if you don't have that tank in your garage then you get a tank specific blueprint for it. If you already have that tank then you get a national blueprint. If you already have all the tanks from that nation the blueprint then becomes a universal blueprint.

Now you can add these together, for example you want to get the tier 10 US TD, the T110E4, you have 16 US national blueprints and 150 universals. You can combine these together to make a T110E4 blueprint by using 12 universals + 4 nationals to make 1 T110E4 blueprint.

For tanks of a lower tier the combination to make a tank specific may be lower like 12 universal + 3 national to make 1 tank specific.

Good luck.

Ta_Hun_Kwai #3 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 18:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17943 battles

View PostTransgirl9781, on Nov 27 2019 - 08:19, said:

they help lower the exp cost of the next tank in the tech tee to use them you need to have national blue prints as well

HOTA_CHATON #4 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 18:44

Major

• Players
  • 13761 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG

View PostTransgirl9781, on Nov 27 2019 - 10:19, said:

They are supposed to be usable along side national fragments and it requires a combination of national fragments as well as universal.  Each tank has the combination ratio where it can be seen at it's blueprint easel.   As to the randomness of the whole thing, it remains questionable at best, when all you get are universal fragments and rarely if ever get any national fragments.  It seems to be the current thing with War Gaming administering fragments that way.

Jhuderis #5 Posted Nov 28 2019 - 16:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6420 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
I had never created a fragment before and only had enough to make a single specific nation frag last night when I tried. I was surprised that I have hundreds of Universal and like 30 Czech Nationals, but 0 of almost everything else. I figured I'd have enough for researching a chunk of a tank by now. Guess it's slower than I thought! It'd be nice if there was a way to convert National from one to another or use Universal's to create a National.

Edited by Jhuderis, Nov 28 2019 - 16:22.

grego34 #6 Posted Dec 07 2019 - 18:54

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 27526 battles

View PostJhuderis, on Nov 28 2019 - 09:21, said:

I had never created a fragment before and only had enough to make a single specific nation frag last night when I tried. I was surprised that I have hundreds of Universal and like 30 Czech Nationals, but 0 of almost everything else. I figured I'd have enough for researching a chunk of a tank by now. Guess it's slower than I thought! It'd be nice if there was a way to convert National from one to another or use Universal's to create a National.

i have blue prints of tanks i will never want, wish we could trade them in for the blue prints we need. Even if it was 5 for 1 

Scrawnybeaver #7 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 22:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15180 battles

View Postgrego34, on Dec 07 2019 - 18:54, said:

i have blue prints of tanks i will never want, wish we could trade them in for the blue prints we need. Even if it was 5 for 1 

I will take any blueprint that I can get.  I might not be interested in a tank now but there are big changes to the game coming with the ammo changes (which includes HP changes) so you never know what will come out of this.  A bad tank today may be much better in a couple of months and a good tank today (derpies?) may be not so good then.   My guess is that standard ammo pen and armor will become more important but I may be totally wrong.  It will be fun to find out.  I do not expect to buy any T9 or T10 until they make the changes.  I do not want to spend my money unwisely until I know more. 

Necrophore #8 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 22:32

Major

• Players
  • 30999 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS
This does kind of encourage players to grind their unplayed lines up a few tiers to prevent blueprint fragments being applied to low-level tanks. Fragments for tier 8-10 tanks are worth far more experience than fragments that fall onto a tier 4.

dunniteowl #9 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 23:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Blueprints: Everything You Need to Know

This is the "Official" WoT Release on the Subject.

Specific Tank Blueprints:  Provides a Blue Print Fragment (BPF) of a Specific Tank in a Nation.  It could be for ANY Tech Tree Tank NOT researched by you.

National Blue Prints:  These are BPFs that are NOT tank specific, though can ONLY be used for the Nation listed on the Fragment.  They MUST be used in conjunction with Universal BPFs.  The rate of National BPFs is VERY LOW so as to make them qualify as Rare.

Universal Blue Prints:  These are BPFs that WOULD have been a Tech Tree BPF, except that it is ALREADY fully researched, so the BPF is converted to a Universal BPF.  These are used IN CONJUNCTION with National BPFs to make Tank Specific BPFs for tanks you Have NOT researched.

The ratio of BPFs necessary to 'convert' Universal/National BPFs is fairly high and is tier dependent.

I know the forums can be confusing, however there is a Search function at the Upper Right section at the top of each forum page.  If you type in Blueprint and then search the forums, you will get a LARGE number of threads that provide more details, anecdotes and information that you will find helpful.  The whole truth, though, is that the link I provide at the top of this post provides ALL the necessary details with the threads fleshing out smaller, less clear things -- when possible.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Cheesehead1964 #10 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 01:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10413 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I took about a six month break from the game shortly after Blueprints began being offered.

I started playing the game a couple months ago - play 10-20 games a day. I regularly see tank-specific and universal blueprints drop in in-game rewards, but I rarely see national blueprints drop. Most of the tank-specific blueprints I've received are for tanks I'm not interested in.

I have one national blueprint for most nations (2 for the UK and zero for another nation). I know I need three to use with 10 universal blueprints to reduce the amount of research needed on a tank.

Do national blueprints ever drop? Is there another way to acquire them other than in-game rewards? (I see tankrewards.com offers universals...) Loot boxes?

Just seems kind of pointless when I can't really use them.

Edited by Cheesehead1964, Dec 12 2019 - 01:17.

dunniteowl #11 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 16:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Yes, National BPFs do drop from time to time.  I think I have 7 US, 3 DE, 2 RU and I think I have 1 JP and 2 UK.  Skipping the 30 CZ Nationals that were gifted when the Czech line went fully live, that's not too many.  I have something close to 300 or more Tank Specific BPFs and I think around 200 or so Universal (which you get when the drop provides a TS BPF that is on a tank already fully researched and that gets converted to a Universal).

So I have something like maybe 20 National BPFs and something close to 500 or more of Combined Tank Specific/Universal BPFs.  That's like 1 to 25 or so, though I believe that it's actually a bit higher.  Hard to pin it down with Random drops.  In drops you always get at least 1 BPF, though I usually see 2 in most of them, have gotten 3 on occasion and a couple of times I have gotten 4 BPFs in a single Reward for Merit drop.

Hope that is remotely useful.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

MiddleAgedNoob #12 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 18:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18794 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

Holiday Ops will drop 60 national blue prints per nation as you move up your Festival level.  You will also get a goodly number of universal blueprints.  (https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/holiday-ops-2020-regs/#festive) You've also been able to get some national blueprints for some nations, as well as universal blue prints, during some of the Tank Rewards events.  I have and will start to accumulate a useful number of blueprint fragments.  Once I get the 60 Czech blueprints for Festive level IV, I will be able to, with 33k of free exp, go from the Skoda T 25 to the Skoda T 50, skipping the T-34/100 and TVP VTU completely.

GLHF

Edit for clarity:  advancing Festive levels drops 60 national blueprints for each nation, but only once for each nation, and the nation depends on the level.  Poland is first at level 3, Russia and the US are last at level 10.

Edited by MiddleAgedNoob, Dec 12 2019 - 18:42.

Cheesehead1964 #13 Posted Dec 13 2019 - 16:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10413 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Bought 150 loot boxes this morning and unlocked festival level 10.

Got 60 national blueprints for EVERY nation and now have about 400 universal blueprints. That will save a lot of gold on free XP!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users