• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Jaspo #21 Posted Dec 06 2019 - 02:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31636 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

View PostChris_Hisss, on Dec 03 2019 - 10:50, said:

Not sure why you guys are even bothering selling this tank, and the others, with a heavy tank gun that only gets 186 pen.

I worked very hard to get this 111 from frontline, and I am most likely going to sell it for silver. Problem is I never know what to load right away. If I load standard AP and I meet a heavy tank, I am bouncing and that is 1k silver gone, or if I load Special ammo which is heat I get 250 pen which is 5.6k which if I meet a wheelie then heat is absorbed pretty easy if I can even hit it with that bad gun handling.

The tank feels good, as it is fairly fast as it has a top speed of 50, and good ground resistances to enhance the 13.33 hp/t , but the armor doesn't really ever work as the cupolas are huge and the upper front pike is 200-ish even straight on LFP is 170-ish.

I am aware it gets pref mm so it only sees max 9s, but it is again another heavy which can't compete with most heavies it will face, with that 186 average pen roll.

I also want to note I rage sold my M4 Rev the other day because the 201 pen on it was just horrendous. I just can't make it work, and the fact that you have to buy the ammo that rng can take away, just makes the low pen guns, that is IF you have a better option, not worth it to play. Much less pay 50 some dollars for.

As for crew training, at this point, as I have both the 113 and 5a, why would I not just play those tanks to crew grind with? Just not a long term value having the 111, or 112, or IS-6 for that matter.

I don't have it, but sounds like it's a heavium, and similar to the t-34-3 which I DO own. I also have the revalorawhathecommentallezvous...201 pen ap is quite in line with other tier 8 medium tech tree tanks, perhaps excluding OP reward and premium tanks though, and due to the chai-snipish role of the rev, it's usually quite sufficient since you'll usually be shooting things in places other than the front if you're playing it right. As for 186 pen on the 111, I shoot almost exclusively AP in randoms and had gotten it to work fairly well on my mod 1 before they buffed it. I realize there's a difference though; the 111ish tanks trade a good deal of accuracy for considerably higher dps, so I get how that might not be your thing, it's not really mine either and the t-34-3 can tend to annoy me sometimes because of it. You'll simply bounce and miss more shots, but the ones that you don't bounce or miss will do more damage. Kind of like driving a slot machine into battle, kind of like arty, or any tank with a 75% crew. I do think the game would be better if it toned down rng considerably, and I'm finding that even tanks that are supposed to be more accurate and more able to penetrate tend not to do either anyway, so ones that I don't expect to be able to perform aren't as much of a disappointment, relatively speaking. So, I've just come to expect wild RNG from this game. If it's making you rage, you're probably trying too hard to make your stats gud. But from watching the unicums play, they don't play gud by willing their RNG into submission. They play gud by knowing the flow of the battle so well that they can give their RNG many, many opportunities to be crap for them so that eventually they'll sift enough good shots out of the RNG crap pile to come out on the top of the team by damage dealt on any given battle. And, spamming gold generally helps. If you're into that sort of thing. So, don't rage against a tank for bad RNG. WoT is bad RNG. Don't focus on what the tank can't do. Learn what the tank can do, and do it.

Edited by Jaspo, Dec 06 2019 - 02:53.

y2alstott #22 Posted Dec 06 2019 - 17:29

Private

• Players
  • 5196 battles
Is Advent day 6 mission broken?  None of my top 7 finishes are counting.

y2alstott #23 Posted Dec 06 2019 - 17:34

Private

• Players
  • 5196 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on Dec 05 2019 - 13:37, said:

Hmm... The Kanonenjagdpanzer needs a HP and DPM buff.

For sure.  It also has a super troll gun for as accurate as it is supposed to be.  Must be really boned in the soft stats.  I swear it doesn't even hit inside the reticle at times.

SW1_SCW #24 Posted Dec 06 2019 - 23:08

Private

• Players
  • 52250 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I am having issues with the advent calendar, I was able to activate it and have done a couple of missions, however I am unable to activate the daily mission to day, it doesn't show up in my garage. Is there any other way to get to the activation screen? thanks for your help. o7 SW1_SCW

SW1_SCW #25 Posted Dec 06 2019 - 23:23

Private

• Players
  • 52250 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostOlTanker, on Dec 04 2019 - 17:39, said:

Advent calendar doesn't come up. It was listed in the bugs section and a "fix" listed. Did the fix, got the calendar the day I did the fix. Next day it doesn't pop up again. Found you can access calendar by going to the store. After opening store on the front page will be a box saying special offers. Click that and advent calendar opens.

Thanks for the info, I have been having the same problem

Dragon6actual #26 Posted Dec 07 2019 - 15:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 15828 battles
I was excited about this but the "specials" are all just duds.  Bring back last years gift boxes or at least offer tanks we "can't" or "couldn't" buy. before.  Waste of time developers!

Edited by Dragon6actual, Dec 07 2019 - 15:08.

latvius #27 Posted Dec 07 2019 - 16:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35243 battles
  • [FINES] FINES
Is the skorp and skorp G different as in could you own both at the same time?  Like an is-6 and is-6b.

BrewPackBuckFan67 #28 Posted Dec 07 2019 - 18:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 21851 battles

Found out the hard way.... YES you can own both... I only want the 25 X5's, now have both Skorpions .... :confused:

UPDATE......... Sent in help ticket on MY mistake and tank was credited back!

Hello BrewPackBuckFan67,
Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support!

We appreciate the time and effort that you have spent on creating a ticket regarding this matter.

We want to inform you that we have returned 10900 gold and removed the Rheinmetall Skorpion G bundle from your account.

Should you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Good luck on the battlefield.
Best regards,

Best regards,

Edited by BrewPackBuckFan67, Dec 07 2019 - 21:13.

The_Tanking_Machine #29 Posted Dec 07 2019 - 20:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 670 battles
  • [_G_M_] _G_M_

How can you buy the Rheinmetall Skorpion (unskinned) with gold? Well I guess I'm going to save myself some gold then.

Edited by The_Tanking_Machine, Dec 07 2019 - 20:33.

n8tdi #30 Posted Dec 07 2019 - 23:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 7894 battles

I want to buy the non G skorpion for gold as this link says you can but can't find anyway to do it.

https://worldoftanks...ar-1219-day-07/

Anyone figured it out?

1Scots #31 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 20:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14455 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

Should the Raumpanzer be included the the Patton Valley award; I think it should.

latvius #32 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 16:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35243 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostBrewPackBuckFan67, on Dec 07 2019 - 18:48, said:

Found out the hard way.... YES you can own both... I only want the 25 X5's, now have both Skorpions .... :confused:

UPDATE......... Sent in help ticket on MY mistake and tank was credited back!

Hello BrewPackBuckFan67,
Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support!

We appreciate the time and effort that you have spent on creating a ticket regarding this matter.

We want to inform you that we have returned 10900 gold and removed the Rheinmetall Skorpion G bundle from your account.

Should you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Good luck on the battlefield.
Best regards,

Best regards,

I have the skorpg and I got the 25 x5 xp no problem.  Then with the chryslerk (I own the GF) it said I already owned the tank and would get the credits back.  It did not, it purchased the unskinned version.  WG refunded my gold and now on the bulldog sale (I have the GF version) it no longer says I own the tank like the chryslerk did.  So I am pretty confident it will purchase the unskinned version.

So it looks like they are fixing things in the background but it sucks that the owners of the unskinned versions get the chance to buy the x5 multpliers but the owners of the GF versions do not.

Also how was it YOUR mistake both the skinned and unskinned versions were for sale for gold?  On my chrslerk incident WG told me the sale was for the unskinned version which it was but at the purchase window it told me I already owned it and would get my gold back (minus the 278 or so).  I dislike it when someone tries to emphasize the fault was on your end and they gloss over the facts that make that untrue.

Edited by latvius, Dec 12 2019 - 16:44.

Dragon6actual #33 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 23:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 15828 battles
I have both and they make great crew trainers.  I use the same crew in both TDs

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

elpietro