PSA: Stop for the day while you're ahead.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

el_01 #1 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 03:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3830 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Hey everyone.

Over the long Thanksgiving break, I've been playing a lot of World of Tanks. Unfortunately, it hasn't been super fun for me, due to RNG, rustiness, myself, and a lot of other factors. So I've been a bit unhappy with the game, especially with the x3 weekend, since it seems that teams just get somewhat worse with bonus weekends. Ah well. I've seen plenty of rage this weekend, and felt angry with myself and the game as well. I'll try to address in this post the value of stopping the game while you're ahead.

What is the purpose of a video game? Entertainment. It's a game for that reason. Games are only worth playing for fun. These few days, because of the WoT premium account days I've received, I've been playing not so much for fun but for the x3 bonuses and premium account features. The thing is, I wasn't playing the game for fun. I was playing it for an account feature that, while it costs money and is rare for me, ultimately doesn't impact my life too much. My life isn't World of Tanks. I assume most players' lives aren't. So, when given the choice of getting frustrated over something that doesn't impact my life much and is something I usually do for fun and doing something else, I would choose doing something else. Tonight I'll likely fire up WoT for a few games, when I'm getting angry (likely a few battles in), I'll quit for the night. I hope all other players who are getting annoyed will do the same. Don't be me, rage and stubbornness are likely partially the reasons for my stats. Be better. Fire the game up a few days later, who knows, RNG might be in your favour.

I understand, the inability to do well given your team and yourself is frustrating. Seeing damage numbers is fun, getting a good score is fun. The issue is, playing the game while frustrated creates a vicious cycle in which the worse one does, the more frustrated they get, which leads to poorer performance and more frustration, and so on. It's better to quit while starting to get angry than a ragequit. Just my thought. Plus, the game will still be around tomorrow, the day after, and likely for a good amount of time. Not like you're losing too much other than some digital perks perhaps.

Sorry for the long post, but I think the topic is worth explaining a fair bit. Have a nice day, and may RNG bless your shots.

Edited by el_01, Dec 01 2019 - 03:13.

Michelin2433 #2 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 03:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 87 battles
This forum really is mostly used by people who take the game way too seriously, isn't it

MountainLion1 #3 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 03:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 25123 battles
I understand how you feel, I remember when Wargaming implemented the 3/5/7 MM. I played Tier VIII tanks 90% of the time and being bottom tier so much really caused me to drastically decrease my playing WOT. I know that the MM is a lot better for Tier VIII tanks now but I just can’t get back into the game again like I used to play. After just a few battles I find now that I just want to shut the game down. I still enjoy platooning with my son and friends, which is about the only reason I still play the game. I am hoping that the way I used to feel about playing WOT will come back soon.

waikin_alter #4 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 03:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14024 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
NO I WILL NOT STOP

StoveBolt54 #5 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 04:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 30787 battles

View Postwaikin_chuunibyou_umu, on Nov 30 2019 - 19:54, said:

NO I WILL NOT STOP

You just don't turn it off.

Spoiler

VIA_ #6 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 04:59

Major

• Players
  • 20225 battles
  • [CMPRE] CMPRE
Sorry to hear that you're just not feeling it, I hope you can rediscover the spark of joy that World of Tanks inspired within you in the past. But until then take it easy man, enjoy the holidays doing activities you enjoy.

tod914 #7 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 65529 battles

Spoiler

Spoiler

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Dec 01 2019 - 05:30

Major

• Players
  • 73569 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Spoiler