Spotting mechanics recalibration

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

zubinho #1 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 00:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 13777 battles
  • [S-A-B] S-A-B

Hi guys, I write for the first time about probably the most annoying issue of the game. Of course it is spotting mechanics, and we all know now how they work, and actually I am not complaining about that. It is more that I have a suggestion, and this suggestion comes after being kinda pissed over and over again. The thing is that I am tired of those ''well concealed'' mediums and lights which shoot you from behind the bushes, from close range yet they are not being spotted. The game justifies this by their ''low caliber'' guns which are hard to detect.. Yeah, right I say.. 

What I suggest here is that there should be a bonus for spotting if you are pointing your crosshair straight to where he is shooting from, thus making you easier to detect a shooting target.. That way it would be a bit more fair, because this is just ridiculous.

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 00:48

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Not a good idea...

zubinho #3 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 01:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 13777 battles
  • [S-A-B] S-A-B
Not like a huge bonus, something like 15-25 % increase in the line of sight only.. This seems rather logical to me

cavalry11 #4 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 02:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50311 battles
  • [APG] APG
Spotting and camo are both totally screwed up in this game a tank can drive across an open field and not be spotted. Get real.

dunniteowl #5 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 02:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

If they bushed back far enough to not be spotted, get closer. After all, this means they're 'doing it correctly.'  If it pisses you off, it means you are aware that they are doing it correctly, but don't like it -- which means it's all 'right and normal' with the mechanics.

The current methodology is JUST FINE AS IT IS.  If you understand it (and it appears you do) then you should know this and recognize that a change to the mechanics is not necessary.  An ADJUSTMENT to your playing style might be in order, however.  Maybe not so aggro on the field?  Not sure what else to suggest.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #6 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 02:56

Captain

• Players
  • 29666 battles
You need to learn why and how they are not getting spotted. Its not because of thier guns either.

Omega_Weapon #7 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 03:29

Major

• Players
  • 53584 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Spotting mechanics are okay. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Sevensided #8 Posted Dec 05 2019 - 22:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 671 battles

View Postcavalry11, on Dec 04 2019 - 02:24, said:

Spotting and camo are both totally screwed up in this game a tank can drive across an open field and not be spotted. Get real.

Concessions are made in the name of gaming.  It's even more ridiculous in WoWS.  

That said, they feel less wonky than WoShips.

ShadowDancer27 #9 Posted Dec 07 2019 - 03:09

Major

• Players
  • 31243 battles

I like the idea of having a spotting view range bonus when you are aimed at the target.

Tanks that cloak while you are zoomed in on them is pretty wonky.

zubinho #10 Posted Dec 07 2019 - 17:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 13777 battles
  • [S-A-B] S-A-B

View PostShadowDancer27, on Dec 07 2019 - 03:09, said:

I like the idea of having a spotting view range bonus when you are aimed at the target.

Tanks that cloak while you are zoomed in on them is pretty wonky.

Exactly.. It is the tanks like TVP 50/51 and Progetto 65 that are virtually invisible behind the bushes, even though you are looking straight to them. Things like that make them even more OP

This bonus could give some edge when coming up against them.

And guys please don't get me wrong, I don't have too much against the spotting mechanics as it is, and also against the other silly feature called RNG - which is as it is.. This is just a suggestion, because it really does feel logical to me, and that it has place in the game.. Kinda gives you a reward for being aware during the game

Sevensided #11 Posted Dec 07 2019 - 17:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 671 battles
If the bonuses for the vision cone where slight, it could be enough to something to be aware of from both sides in teh game, and make things interesting without disrupting the game itself.  Would certainly give a  way for some scouts left in the power creep dust to claw back some interest.

cheapbooks #12 Posted Dec 08 2019 - 00:36

Captain

• Players
  • 39958 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

View Postzubinho, on Dec 04 2019 - 00:36, said:

Hi guys, I write for the first time about probably the most annoying issue of the game. Of course it is spotting mechanics, and we all know now how they work, and actually I am not complaining about that. It is more that I have a suggestion, and this suggestion comes after being kinda pissed over and over again. The thing is that I am tired of those ''well concealed'' mediums and lights which shoot you from behind the bushes, from close range yet they are not being spotted. The game justifies this by their ''low caliber'' guns which are hard to detect.. Yeah, right I say.. 

What I suggest here is that there should be a bonus for spotting if you are pointing your crosshair straight to where he is shooting from, thus making you easier to detect a shooting target.. That way it would be a bit more fair, because this is just ridiculous.

what you are suggesting is a great idea.

you make a gunner skill which increases spotting like recon & situational awareness, however only in the direction the gun is pointed at. light tank players would love this.

it would change gameplay because players would pan their gun around to see if they can spot anything. right now many people just sit with hands off the keyboard while passively spotting

the same for a driver skill that increase view range in front of the vehicle.

also, if you knock a tree down your camo rating should fall.

Edited by cheapbooks, Dec 08 2019 - 00:38.

zubinho #13 Posted Dec 10 2019 - 23:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 13777 battles
  • [S-A-B] S-A-B
Tnx guys for the answers, both pro and con.. Especially those pro, they give me the thumbs up to maybe suggest this to WG. Anyone knows the way to do it maybe? To make an actual suggestion. Because I really think it wouldn't disrupt the gameplay itself, rather it will give an edge to those players who are being aware during the game..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users