Jump to content


Shhhh...don't tell WG....


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

WaywardChild #1 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 07:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39392 battles
  • 1,423
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013
So if I do the Missions I can win/earn the Scorpion M56 and If I already own it I will not get the Gold equivalent, right? So what if I sell my M56 a day before I complete the Missions. I checked and I could get $1,061,204 Credits for it. At first glance it seems like at least I'd get a little something something extra right? What do you Pro's think? 

__WarChild__ #2 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 07:19

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 34058 battles
  • 6,363
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostWaywardChild, on Dec 04 2019 - 00:18, said:

So if I do the Missions I can win/earn the Scorpion M56 and If I already own it I will not get the Gold equivalent, right? So what if I sell my M56 a day before I complete the Missions. I checked and I could get $1,061,204 Credits for it. At first glance it seems like at least I'd get a little something something extra right? What do you Pro's think? 

 

People have been doing this since the announcement of no compensation.  It just hasn't always been worth it for lower tier tanks, but Tier 7 is good money as you pointed out.  Wargaming NA told people to do it (sell the tank in their garage before they collect another one) if players wanted to earn some credits.  I think that cat has already left the bag.  :trollface:


Edited by __WarChild__, Dec 04 2019 - 07:21.


CamuMahubah #3 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 07:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24115 battles
  • 1,856
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012
I wouldn't.  I heard reports of brand new Turtles coming with bent barrels straight from the pixel factory in Minsk.  

You might trade a good Scorpion for a new rushed production with a crooked frame or something.

Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 11:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 38765 battles
  • 3,047
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostWaywardChild, on Dec 04 2019 - 06:18, said:

So if I do the Missions I can win/earn the Scorpion M56 and If I already own it I will not get the Gold equivalent, right? So what if I sell my M56 a day before I complete the Missions. I checked and I could get $1,061,204 Credits for it. At first glance it seems like at least I'd get a little something something extra right? What do you Pro's think? 

Well, considering WG staff members are "recommending" you sell the Scorpion before selecting it as your reward (check out the initial post from this thread - http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/615922-psa-tankrewards-is-pretty-easy-this-month-get-yourself-an-m56-scorpion/page__p__12330187#entry12330187), I'd say it's not quite a secret.



__WarChild__ #5 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 15:26

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 34058 battles
  • 6,363
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View Post__WarChild__, on Dec 04 2019 - 00:19, said:

 

People have been doing this since the announcement of no compensation.  It just hasn't always been worth it for lower tier tanks, but Tier 7 is good money as you pointed out.  Wargaming NA told people to do it (sell the tank in their garage before they collect another one) if players wanted to earn some credits.  I think that cat has already left the bag.  :trollface:

 

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Dec 04 2019 - 04:13, said:

Well, considering WG staff members are "recommending" you sell the Scorpion before selecting it as your reward (check out the initial post from this thread - http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/615922-psa-tankrewards-is-pretty-easy-this-month-get-yourself-an-m56-scorpion/page__p__12330187#entry12330187), I'd say it's not quite a secret.

 

To save looking up, here's the quote:

 


A few notes worth mentioning:

  1. You don't get compensation if you already own the Scorpion. Sell the tank for Credits before you pick your prizes, that way you receive half the vehicle's value back in Credits.
  2. I heard about some folks being affected by the prize selection window last month. I saw your PM's and am following up with Customer Support to see if there's anything we can do for y'all.
  3. I'm working on a survey for Tankrewards that we will hopefully be running monthly, so we can get a bunch more direct feedback and suggestions from players for what they would like to see from future iterations of Tankrewards.

 

 



WaywardChild #6 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 17:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39392 battles
  • 1,423
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013
That's me, two weeks late and a million credits short. Every time I think I'm driving the bus, ya know? Thanks for playing....

Klaatu_Nicto #7 Posted Dec 04 2019 - 22:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 44055 battles
  • 10,939
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

^^^^ I can't resist. It has to be done.  :)

 

Spoiler

 

 



SomethingCanadianEh #8 Posted Dec 05 2019 - 17:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 44284 battles
  • 1,763
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    02-17-2013
literally done this every tank rewards mission set o-o

nuclearguy931 #9 Posted Dec 05 2019 - 17:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 82893 battles
  • 11,106
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View Post__WarChild__, on Dec 04 2019 - 00:19, said:

 

People have been doing this since the announcement of no compensation.  It just hasn't always been worth it for lower tier tanks, but Tier 7 is good money as you pointed out.  Wargaming NA told people to do it (sell the tank in their garage before they collect another one) if players wanted to earn some credits.  I think that cat has already left the bag.  :trollface:


Exactly. I've been doing that with Tank Rewards since they announced 'no compensation', getting 300K credits is a nice bonus. But if Wargaming wanted to save the players the slight aggravation of having to do that they should just announce that if the tank is already owned you will get 50% of its' value in credits. Like how hard could that be for them?

 



WaywardChild #10 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 20:08

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39392 battles
  • 1,423
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013

View Postnuclearguy931, on Dec 05 2019 - 08:47, said:


Exactly. I've been doing that with Tank Rewards since they announced 'no compensation', getting 300K credits is a nice bonus. But if Wargaming wanted to save the players the slight aggravation of having to do that they should just announce that if the tank is already owned you will get 50% of its' value in credits. Like how hard could that be for them?

 


Plus ++






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users