gold loot box

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Comrade_Killshot #1 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21266 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

There does not appear to be a guarantee of gold in this year's loot boxes. They state the only guarantee is a couple decorations. This makes me drastically reconsider buying them at the level I was going too. The small amount of gold last year made the loot box worth it no matter what else came in it. Am I correct with this interpretation of the event? Wargaming did state that the loot boxes would be worth more than you pay but this is gambling and Wargaming has no obligation to fulfill that promise.

Edit: To clarify we are discussing the large loot boxes you pay money for.

Edit ^2 : Also, to clarify, I am not saying the post says gold WON'T be in the loot boxes. I just found it interesting they didn't confirm it. I am not trying to stir up a fire & frenzy here.

Edited by comradekillshot, Dec 09 2019 - 17:43.

shooterc25 #2 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 72248 battles
  • [TT-6] TT-6
there is nothing different from past years

_Tsavo_ #3 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47294 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

If this is the case, then the big boxes are worth nothing.  The previous years, you'd get a minimum value of gold per box, with goodies on top.  Which is why those boxes sold like hotcakes. 

Some griped, playing boxes for a tank, others cheered, for what was essentially gold discounts and a bunch of other goodies.  If this is true, it's nothing but a bunch of Holiday Jeer from us. 

NOTE: that's a big if and I'm firing up the laptop looking to verify.  IF, and only if true, is the jeer deserved. 

Edited by _Tsavo_, Dec 09 2019 - 15:05.

_Kradok_ #4 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 34058 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
I think the "sky is falling" crowd is just whining about something again...  

Comrade_Killshot #5 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21266 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View Postshooterc25, on Dec 09 2019 - 09:02, said:

there is nothing different from past years

Last year there was a guarantee of 250 gold or something better no matter what

View Post_Tsavo_, on Dec 09 2019 - 09:03, said:

If this is the case, then the big boxes are worth nothing.  The previous years, you'd get a minimum value of gold per box, with goodies on top.  Which is why those boxes sold like hotcakes. 

Some griped, playing boxes for a tank, others cheered, for what was essentially gold discounts and a bunch of other goodies.  If this is true, it's nothing but a bunch of Holiday Jeer from us. 

I agree. I was originally going to drop $100 on the first day for big loot boxes but without that gold guarantee I am drastically reconsidering that. I'll probably buy a few and see if Wargaming will keep their word on each box being more in value than the cost. Either way I don't like them removing that gold mechanic.  

seaeagle #6 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1338 battles

View PostSink_Stuff, on Dec 09 2019 - 07:24, said:

If your wish list is correct and the loot box rewards leaks are correct then it looks like Wargaming isn't getting much more of my money this Christmas. I was going to buy just a few lootboxes, just to see what I get. but right now, I don't even think I'm going to do that.

No one has noticed that not a single CC is complaining this time about over-powered premiums beings available in loot boxes. All of the major streamers know about the leaked loot box list. But not one of them has said one negative thing about adding the OP double barreled tank or the fail Lowe to the boxes. HA. That's because those tanks aren't even worth having over other options. Wargaming is betting all its hopes on the fact that people will just assume that they are good tanks. It's going to fail. I predict that this year is going to be the worst income year for loot boxes that they ever had. 

No gold guarantee they will lose a ton of money. I would not buy boxes without guarantee of gold.

_Tsavo_ #7 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47294 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

I read the announcement and the part pertaining specifically to paid boxes.  I suspect that the context of that snippet only mentions decorations as it's a huge focus of the announcement.  I've no reason to suspect a non-minimum value to exist with the paid boxes as of right now. 

However, I highly suggest y'all do your homework and pay attention to your nearest CC and what they pull from boxes before ya plunk down your hard earned dollarydoos. 

CaptainBussey #8 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6612 battles
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-

View Post_Tsavo_, on Dec 09 2019 - 08:03, said:

NOTE: that's a big if and I'm firing up the laptop looking to verify.  IF, and only if true, is the jeer deserved. 

Luckily someone has started a thread so people can post the contents of their boxes as they get open them.

As long as people participate this will give a very good indication of what people are actually getting out of the boxes.

VoMeT71 #9 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24236 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Posthighex, on Dec 09 2019 - 15:17, said:

FFS!!!!

i for one understand nothing is perfect.

anything that makes one person happy will upset another person.

this is my whine about whiners complaining about free stuff and the quality and quantity of said free stuff.

PLEASE: STFU ABOUT NOT GETTING THE FREE STUFF YOU THINK YOU DESERVE!!!!!

Well we can see after all these years, you have finally learned how to copy and paste the same thing to multiple threads.

Comrade_Killshot #10 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21266 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View Posthighex, on Dec 09 2019 - 09:17, said:

FFS!!!!

i for one understand nothing is perfect.

anything that makes one person happy will upset another person.

this is my whine about whiners complaining about free stuff and the quality and quantity of said free stuff.

Were not talking about free stuff were talking about the return on investment of something we are paying money for. Is that what you meant to say? Or did you just not read the thread before you posted?

gen_penguin #11 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13464 battles
As far as i remember there was no gold in the small boxes you get for free .... only in the boxes you buy!

Comrade_Killshot #12 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21266 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View Postgen_penguin, on Dec 09 2019 - 09:31, said:

As far as i remember there was no gold in the small boxes you get for free .... only in the boxes you buy!

This is what we are discussing. The loot boxes you pay for do not have a gold guarantee. I edited the top post to make that more clear.

eXs11 #13 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 15437 battles

View PostCaptainBussey, on Dec 09 2019 - 09:22, said:

Luckily someone has started a thread so people can post the contents of their boxes as they get open them.

As long as people participate this will give a very good indication of what people are actually getting out of the boxes.

Do you have a link by any chance?

Mr_BushyBeard #14 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3589 battles
If memory serves, they never announced gold rates the past few years either. I’m not too worried about it. If it’s a flop, we will hear about it very soon after it starts. I mean no disrespect, but you’re telling us it’s a flop and the even hasn’t even started. How will it be once it drops? Know what I mean? Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster. 

__WarChild__ #15 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 34947 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Hmm... Wargaming made millions of dollars off the boxes last year with what they offered.

This year, they decide to nerf the boxes so people want to buy fewer...

Makes sense.

:trollface:

streams12 #16 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36428 battles
  • [DKFT] DKFT

View Postcomradekillshot, on Dec 09 2019 - 15:33, said:

This is what we are discussing. The loot boxes you pay for do not have a gold guarantee. I edited the top post to make that more clear.

Everything just has to wait for the truth to appear, the day when the real event begins

SwollenOstrich #17 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 15:57

Captain

• Players
  • 26424 battles

View Posthighex, on Dec 09 2019 - 08:17, said:

Lol. Complete fail. Purchase boxes with real money and this guy thinks they are "Free".

Anyway, I suspect the gold value will remain. Every year there is a ton of argument about loot boxes being "gambling", but the only redeeming factor being that 250 gold is guaranteed in every box. This factor is what legally prevents loot boxes from being considered gambling. WG isn't going to open themselves up to legal issues around the world by stopping the guaranteed element.

_Tsavo_ #18 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 16:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47294 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Post__WarChild__, on Dec 09 2019 - 09:49, said:

Hmm... Wargaming made millions of dollars off the boxes last year with what they offered.

This year, they decide to nerf the boxes so people want to buy fewer...

Makes sense.

:trollface:

It is WG, they sometimes have backwards logic.

If true, it makes sense from a gambling perspective.  The person hell bent on gambling will buy them with or without minimum values.  WG gets more ducats, the in game economy doesn't get a turbo boost, and the world turns.  And a fair many were gambling on a tank and not the value. 

However, those of us who just see a 100%+ return of in game goods won't do it.  We'll be better served buying gold instead.  I was gambling against getting a tank, and in my YouTube lootbox recording audibly groan when I pull a defender.  

The changes I've seen, with a rumored "event" following the holidays, indicate that they want as little economic excess in this game is possible.  

The first iterations had credits coming in hand over fist, faster than we could spend, last years has the option to pull massive credits.   This year it's possible but significantly harder to get to 50% credit boost. 

While I like the game, WG isn't above fishy shenanigans

Blackstone #19 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 16:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 22844 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Dec 09 2019 - 09:57, said:

Lol. Complete fail. Purchase boxes with real money and this guy thinks they are "Free".

Anyway, I suspect the gold value will remain. Every year there is a ton of argument about loot boxes being "gambling", but the only redeeming factor being that 250 gold is guaranteed in every box. This factor is what legally prevents loot boxes from being considered gambling. WG isn't going to open themselves up to legal issues around the world by stopping the guaranteed element.

^^^THIS 100%^^^

Everyone, the sky isn't falling...Relax.

Edited by Blackstone, Dec 09 2019 - 16:06.

BadCorps #20 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 16:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14328 battles

And people didn't want to believe me when I said that the large lootboxes were a gamble.

You're trying to get something better, you're better off trying to use one of the dozens of -30% off coupons that you can use on full price stuff only.

Also tagged with gold, loot, box

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users