gold loot box

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

BlaqWolf #41 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22784 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-
Doesn't EU start these sort of events 24 hours before NA?  We should be watching *them* (and any EU based CC) in the 12-24 hours leading up to the event launch here on NA.

THEY will give us a clue what the boxes do (and don't) contain.

If they take out the nice benefits that came with previous purchases so that the end result of RoI is below the money spent on the collection opened then they'll receive far, FAR less investment.  If it's break even, they'll make somewhat less.  But if, as with previous years, the RoI exceeds general purchases throughout the year then they'll rake in a windfall as usual.

Comrade_Killshot #42 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21305 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostOrtinoth_, on Dec 09 2019 - 10:16, said:

You can not even think this as the details for the large gift boxes HAVE NOT been announced - so please hold onto your seat and wait for the information to come

Some details of the large gift boxes HAVE been announced. Go look at the world of tanks website and read the news. In the article it states that the only guarantee are 2 ornaments. 

Here is the link:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/holiday-ops-2020-regs/

MiddleAgedNoob #43 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19627 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View Postcomradekillshot, on Dec 09 2019 - 11:19, said:

Some details of the large gift boxes HAVE been announced. Go look at the world of tanks website and read the news. In the article it states that the only guarantee are 2 ornaments. 

Here is the link:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/holiday-ops-2020-regs/

It doesn't use the word "guarantee" at all.  Here's what it says, in the section devoted to decorations:

Block Quote

No time to collect decorations? No worries! Check out these Large Boxes full to the brim with decorations and valuable in-game items to treat fellow tankers with!

Each Box contains one fifth-level decoration and one random decoration. We’ve also stuffed these Boxes with all kinds of delights, from Gold and WoT Premium Account time to rare Premium vehicles and brand-new 3D Styles. 

GLHF

Edited by MiddleAgedNoob, Dec 09 2019 - 17:23.

Gothraul #44 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 2643 battles

Not sure if this is true at all as I had to work over the weekend and don't have the time to verify so take it with a grain of salt.

Block Quote

Yeah well, WG NA oficial stream yesterday said they wont be selling ANY lootboxes due to legal changes in the industry, and to be managed as gift boxes. So shouldnt the leak have this in consideration as its a serious legal matter across the company? There will be changes for it beyond the name as they need to make sure you, mathematically obtain more value, so Id give this leak a 50_50. Btw the stream is there for everyone to see.

seaeagle #45 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1338 battles
I posted the question on both the NA and EU youtube channels.

Comrade_Killshot #46 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21305 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on Dec 09 2019 - 11:21, said:

It doesn't use the word "guarantee" at all.  Here's what it says, in the section devoted to decorations:

GLHF

Yes I understand that. However, Last year when they announced the date of the beginning of the holiday ops, the first article stated exactly what was in the paid for loot boxes.  Or what was guaranteed in them. Now they very well may still have gold in them. But without the confirmation of it, it is a bit worrying. 

Tao_Te_Tomato #47 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 28579 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Postcomradekillshot, on Dec 09 2019 - 17:27, said:

Yes I understand that. However, Last year when they announced the date of the beginning of the holiday ops, the first article stated exactly what was in the paid for loot boxes.  Or what was guaranteed in them. Now they very well may still have gold in them. But without the confirmation of it, it is a bit worrying. 

Agreed.  And you'd think that WG would be ready to step in and explain things ... but...

Tokeda #48 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35806 battles
I want gold, of course, but I also hope there is a good chance for high-end crew books. 

LastRemnant #49 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15934 battles
  • [BURYU] BURYU

View PostBlackstone, on Dec 09 2019 - 15:56, said:

I see...

So by your interpretation of what the gift boxes are and shoehorning the dictionary definition into it, you have more legal knowledge than every lawyer employed by the US Justice Dept.

Posted Image

Sounds to me like you have a gambling problem. Loot boxes are gambling you are just denying that fact :harp:

Edited by LastRemnant, Dec 09 2019 - 17:33.

BlaqWolf #50 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22784 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-
X.
They really need a 'delete post' function...

streams12 #51 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36485 battles
  • [DKFT] DKFT

View PostLastRemnant, on Dec 09 2019 - 17:32, said:

Posted Image

Sounds to me like you have a gambling problem. Loot boxes are gambling you are just denying that fact :harp:

He is more like a lucky bag in a department store

Redcoat #52 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:39

Captain

• Players
  • 69334 battles
  • [BETAS] BETAS

Well, they'll probably have the formal, legal rules posted here shortly: https://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/  Once up, that should definitively answer everyone's questions.

However, I'm not worried about it. Considering the legalities involved across multiple jurisdictions and hot topic nature of loot boxes in the gaming community of late, I fully expect a minimum gold value in each purchased box to ensure this baseline requirement to avoid the accusation of "gambling", to whit: "The price of each Box is at all times equal or lower the price of its content."

so, like, relax...

seaeagle #53 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1338 battles

This is from worldofwarships.eu. I don't play WOWS so I maybe totally wrong here. Check this link out though. It says regarding Santa's Big Gift container. There is no guarantee there about getting doubloons. I take it the idea behind these containers are similar to Wots gift boxes? Or am I totally wrong? I have no idea if WOWS guaranteed doubloons in previous years.

https://worldofwarsh...ent/#containers

A Santa's Big Gift container drops one of the following rewards:

• A Premium ship and Commander with 10 skill points
  • 1,000 doubloons
  • 7,500 Coal
  • 90 days of Warships Premium Account
  • 12x New Year Streamer camouflages
  • 12x Frosty Fir Tree camouflages
  • 15x Dragon special signals
  • 15x Red Dragon special signals
  • 15x Wyvern special signals
  • 15x Hydra special signals
  • 15x Ouroboros special signals
  • 15x Basilisk special signals
  • 15x Scylla special signals
  • 15x Leviathan special signals

Tao_Te_Tomato #54 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 28579 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostRedcoat, on Dec 09 2019 - 17:39, said:

Well, they'll probably have the formal, legal rules posted here shortly: https://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/  Once up, that should definitively answer everyone's questions.

However, I'm not worried about it. Considering the legalities involved across multiple jurisdictions and hot topic nature of loot boxes in the gaming community of late, I fully expect a minimum gold value in each purchased box to ensure this baseline requirement to avoid the accusation of "gambling", to whit: "The price of each Box is at all times equal or lower the price of its content."

so, like, relax...

The one from 2018 is still up, and it is a thing of beauty to behold...  :honoring:

I will continue to hope that they cut and paste to the 2019 edition, for the most part, making changes only in the types of tanks awarded and adding "large decorations" in there somewhere.

Edited by Tao_Te_Tomato, Dec 09 2019 - 17:51.

rangerfrank #55 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28779 battles
  • [-VETS] -VETS

View Posthighex, on Dec 09 2019 - 09:17, said:

FFS!!!!

i for one understand nothing is perfect.

anything that makes one person happy will upset another person.

this is my whine about whiners complaining about free stuff and the quality and quantity of said free stuff.

PLEASE: STFU ABOUT NOT GETTING THE FREE STUFF YOU THINK YOU DESERVE!!!!!

I believe they are talking about boxes they spend money on to purchase; that's kind of the definition of "not free".

_Kradok_ #56 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 17:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 34120 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

So... it's gambling (per the morons on the forums who think so anyhow)…. So how does someone in a state with strict gambling laws actually buy something without committing a crime?  :facepalm:

Common sense time:

You see (this is for the morons) - When you receive the same/more value in virtual property for the real currency spent - it's not gambling.  It's a purchase at worst, and an investment with the potential for even higher gain, at best.

Tao_Te_Tomato #57 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 18:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 28579 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Post_Kradok_, on Dec 09 2019 - 17:59, said:

So... it's gambling (per the morons on the forums who think so anyhow)…. So how does someone in a state with strict gambling laws actually buy something without committing a crime?  :facepalm:

Common sense time:

You see (this is for the morons) - When you receive the same/more value in virtual property for the real currency spent - it's not gambling.  It's a purchase at worst, and an investment with the potential for even higher gain, at best.

Yep.  Exactly!

From the rules last year, not that the chuckleheads will ever understand it:

Quantity and Prices of Boxes which the Participant can purchase:

1. Quantity of Boxes: 3. Price: USD 5.99;
2. Quantity of Boxes: 11. Price: USD 19.99;
3. Quantity of Boxes: 25. Price: USD 39.99;
4. Quantity of Boxes: 75. Price: USD 99.99.

The price of each Box is at all times equal or lower the price of its content.

Sink_Stuff #58 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 18:15

Captain

• Players
  • 16178 battles

View Postseaeagle, on Dec 09 2019 - 16:44, said:

This is from worldofwarships.eu. I don't play WOWS so I maybe totally wrong here. Check this link out though. It says regarding Santa's Big Gift container. There is no guarantee there about getting doubloons. I take it the idea behind these containers are similar to Wots gift boxes? Or am I totally wrong? I have no idea if WOWS guaranteed doubloons in previous years.

https://worldofwarsh...ent/#containers

A Santa's Big Gift container drops one of the following rewards:

• A Premium ship and Commander with 10 skill points
  • 1,000 doubloons
  • 7,500 Coal
  • 90 days of Warships Premium Account
  • 12x New Year Streamer camouflages
  • 12x Frosty Fir Tree camouflages
  • 15x Dragon special signals
  • 15x Red Dragon special signals
  • 15x Wyvern special signals
  • 15x Hydra special signals
  • 15x Ouroboros special signals
  • 15x Basilisk special signals
  • 15x Scylla special signals
  • 15x Leviathan special signals

No WOWS boxes work differently. In essence they cannot guarantee gold because if you win a ship in a box then you don't get any gold, you get a ship. WOT boxes offer the regular rewards as well as a possible tank, at least they did in the past. but WOWS never did both, it was one or the other. Personally WOWS boxes were always good to me. WOT boxes were (as many people have stated before) always worth it too. I have yet to see any official information that they woln't be worth it for the regular rewards. Now the premium tank offerings in this years boxes to me aren't worth it, but they were always worth it for the regular rewards. 

Blackstone #59 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 18:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 22940 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostLastRemnant, on Dec 09 2019 - 11:32, said:

Posted Image

LOL! ME? A gambling problem? LOL! I haven't done REAL gambling in years! Literally YEARS!

Ya know, real gambling: slot machines, poker, blackjack, craps, roulette, etc. 

You kids...

BadCorps #60 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 18:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14449 battles

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Dec 09 2019 - 10:10, said:

Lol. So if you buy a candy bar for $1 hoping it taste good, then you get a candy bar worth a dollar. Therefore, you get a net gain of 0. So you lost money. So you gambled. 

LOCK EVERY PERSON UP who buys ANY PRODUCT, ANYWHERE EVER who hopes that it might be a useful or tasty product!!!!!! Bunch of law-breaking gamblers all!!!!

Not exactly what I mean. You're guaranteed that candy bar. Whether it tastes good or not. It's not a "if you buy a candy bar, you might get a another for free"which would be taking a chance.

When you purchase a product, normally, you get a net gain of 0. However, with a gamble, you are taking a chance that you get something better for what you paid for a single product.

Example:
You buy said candy bar for $1 and there's a .003 (3%) chance that you will get $5. You are taking a chance that you will receive a profit of $4 from the $1 candy bar.

If you buy the candy bar and there is a 0% chance you will get $5, you are not risking anything. You are purchasing a product.

Edited by BadCorps, Dec 09 2019 - 18:48.

Also tagged with gold, loot, box

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users