update 1.7 update 1.7 feedback

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

AZandEL #21 Posted Dec 13 2019 - 23:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31186 battles

View Postjst2gr8, on Dec 10 2019 - 23:58, said:

Ummm, no. If I don't want it then I shouldn't have to be the one to turn it off. The ones that are scared of showing who they are should be the ones to turn it on. I think this is the dumbest thing WG has ever done. 

Why do you think you have  a right to see anyones stats? That's laughable.

KillnU_ #22 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 01:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41823 battles
  • [CURED] CURED
I don't see how the anonymizer wasn't expected to only make the new player experience worse.  By enabling habitual seal clubbers to hide their stats you've removed the best, if not only, way of limiting the grief they cause, focusing them. They have to be seen to be focused. XVM focus is not a bad thing where clubbers are concerned. Now, I'm not an expert in these matters, but if the rumors of declining server populations are true then common sense would seem to dictate not making changes that make the new player experience more discouraging than it currently is.

jst2gr8 #23 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 04:09

Captain

• Players
  • 68057 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostAZandEL, on Dec 13 2019 - 15:38, said:

Why do you think you have  a right to see anyones stats? That's laughable.

Why do you think stats should be hidden from all? 

I use xvm in game to look at players for recruiting purposes. So as a recruiter I have all the right to see them, so that when I am looking at players while in game I will pass you up instead of asking you.

If WG wanted to really make it so they are hidden they could block xvm. Seeing how it is a third party that does it anyways. 

Avalon304 #24 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 10:38

Major

• Players
  • 24486 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postjst2gr8, on Dec 14 2019 - 20:09, said:

I use xvm in game to look at players for recruiting purposes. So as a recruiter I have all the right to see them, so that when I am looking at players while in game I will pass you up instead of asking you.

If WG wanted to really make it so they are hidden they could block xvm. Seeing how it is a third party that does it anyways. 

You could just recruit after battle... or better yet, you could not recruit unsolicited at all...

jst2gr8 #25 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 15:36

Captain

• Players
  • 68057 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostAvalon304, on Dec 15 2019 - 02:38, said:

You could just recruit after battle... or better yet, you could not recruit unsolicited at all...

That takes twice as long if not longer. Clicking on each individual that feel would be good in the clan. I would rather see it in game and make a decision then. Makes it easier for me. 

Mojo_Riesing #26 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 20713 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View Postjst2gr8, on Dec 14 2019 - 19:09, said:

In point of fact, you have NO "right" as a recruiter. Show us where that "right" exists please. 

View Postjst2gr8, on Dec 15 2019 - 06:36, said:

That takes twice as long if not longer. Clicking on each individual that feel would be good in the clan. I would rather see it in game and make a decision then. Makes it easier for me. 

Ah, so HERE it is. You are kind of a..lazy...recruiter.  Hmm. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

jst2gr8 #27 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 01:05

Captain

• Players
  • 68057 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Dec 15 2019 - 10:38, said:

In point of fact, you have NO "right" as a recruiter. Show us where that "right" exists please. 

Ah, so HERE it is. You are kind of a..lazy...recruiter.  Hmm. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Show me where it says "I do not have a right"? I have all the rights as anybody else to use the third party mods as long as they are NOT illegal. So your whine and gripe about this is a moot point. 

You kids are ridiculous and getting worse these days. 

The only reason you like the anonymizer is because it hides your awesome stats. 

~~Troll on Trollinator~~

Edited by jst2gr8, Dec 16 2019 - 01:07.

Mojo_Riesing #28 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 04:13

Captain

• Players
  • 20713 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View Postjst2gr8, on Dec 15 2019 - 16:05, said:

Show me where it says "I do not have a right"? I have all the rights as anybody else to use the third party mods as long as they are NOT illegal. So your whine and gripe about this is a moot point. 

You kids are ridiculous and getting worse these days. 

The only reason you like the anonymizer is because it hides your awesome stats. 

~~Troll on Trollinator~~

What a dork you are.  YOU assert the "right" then show us.  I dont' like the anonomyzer but mostly i think it's pretty lame..like you.

LookOut48469 #29 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 47074 battles
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_
The "right" would come from Wg allowing the use of ANY mods. I love how you must prove everything now days and when you do, according to them, that's not enough. If they didn't have mods allowed then you don't have the right, but since they are allowed we should have the write to view players stats. I don't mind the name changes, but stats should remain true to the players skill.

Mojo_Riesing #30 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:40

Captain

• Players
  • 20713 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostLookOut48469, on Dec 16 2019 - 07:51, said:

The "right" would come from Wg allowing the use of ANY mods. I love how you must prove everything now days and when you do, according to them, that's not enough. If they didn't have mods allowed then you don't have the right, but since they are allowed we should have the write to view players stats. I don't mind the name changes, but stats should remain true to the players skill.

Mods and their use have nothing to do with this.  I agree some kind of stats are part of the game, but release to 3rd parties is NOT part of the game and allowing an individual player control over who can see THEIR stats (but left in the aggregate total as needed) should be part of the game.  Keep in mind, this is a game and no one has any "rights" to anything. It's up to the company to decide what they want to do but i think it would be best to allow stat display control TO the players.

jst2gr8 #31 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 21:16

Captain

• Players
  • 68057 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostLookOut48469, on Dec 16 2019 - 08:51, said:

Exactly and you can see in my next quote how what you said come into the picture.

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Dec 16 2019 - 09:40, said:

Mods and their use have nothing to do with this.  I agree some kind of stats are part of the game, but release to 3rd parties is NOT part of the game and allowing an individual player control over who can see THEIR stats (but left in the aggregate total as needed) should be part of the game.  Keep in mind, this is a game and no one has any "rights" to anything. It's up to the company to decide what they want to do but i think it would be best to allow stat display control TO the players.

Mods and their use have everything to do with this. Obviously they are part of the game or WG would not allow them. All players in the game have all the "rights" until it is listed in the violations of the game. You can argue all you want but your argument is moot and laughable. 

Mojo_Riesing #32 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 00:30

Captain

• Players
  • 20713 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View Postjst2gr8, on Dec 16 2019 - 12:16, said:

Exactly and you can see in my next quote how what you said come into the picture.

Mods and their use have everything to do with this. Obviously they are part of the game or WG would not allow them. All players in the game have all the "rights" until it is listed in the violations of the game. You can argue all you want but your argument is moot and laughable. 

You so silly!

Mods, like all sorts of things are "part" of the game. I'm talking about the WarGaming PRODUCT.  Not those peripheral things any player MIGHT use like..a mouse, or gamepad.   Wargaming takes no responsibility for mods, they are not their product.

Yah players have "rights" which are what???  (wait for it)   Per the Terms of Service.   Guess who can change the TOS anytime they want?  (Wait wait, don't tell me)  WARGAMING can!  You clearly do not understand "rights" to use licensed software.  You're the kinda guy who probably thinks you have 1st Amendment Free Speech rights on a Forum too.  

So you silly fellow...just sit down be quiet and let the adults handle things ok? 

LookOut48469 #33 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 15:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 47074 battles
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Dec 17 2019 - 00:30, said:

You so silly!

Mods, like all sorts of things are "part" of the game. I'm talking about the WarGaming PRODUCT.  Not those peripheral things any player MIGHT use like..a mouse, or gamepad.   Wargaming takes no responsibility for mods, they are not their product.

Yah players have "rights" which are what???  (wait for it)   Per the Terms of Service.   Guess who can change the TOS anytime they want?  (Wait wait, don't tell me)  WARGAMING can!  You clearly do not understand "rights" to use licensed software.  You're the kinda guy who probably thinks you have 1st Amendment Free Speech rights on a Forum too.  

So you silly fellow...just sit down be quiet and let the adults handle things ok? 

For one your not acting like a adult so doubt it. True wot can do whatever they want, true they can change terms, true they can lose customers as well. They should just change it so no mods are allowed. It's just another way the unicums can gain another edge. You can't avoid them if you don't know who they are.

LookOut48469 #34 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 16:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 47074 battles
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_

View PostKillnU_, on Dec 15 2019 - 01:53, said:

I don't see how the anonymizer wasn't expected to only make the new player experience worse.  By enabling habitual seal clubbers to hide their stats you've removed the best, if not only, way of limiting the grief they cause, focusing them. They have to be seen to be focused. XVM focus is not a bad thing where clubbers are concerned. Now, I'm not an expert in these matters, but if the rumors of declining server populations are true then common sense would seem to dictate not making changes that make the new player experience more discouraging than it currently is.

Good point and honestly they are just going to push average players away more too. Again I mostly base my gameplay on the skills of the opposite team. Without that knowledge I can't make the best decision for my team.

jst2gr8 #35 Posted Dec 18 2019 - 04:56

Captain

• Players
  • 68057 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Dec 16 2019 - 16:30, said:

You so silly!

But they allow them. LOL

Yah players have "rights" which are what???  (wait for it)   Per the Terms of ServiceWhich their terms allow mods and use of third party sites.    Guess who can change the TOS anytime they want?  (Wait wait, don't tell me)  WARGAMING can!  You clearly do not understand "rights" to use licensed software.  You're the kinda guy who probably thinks you have 1st Amendment Free Speech rights on a Forum too.  

WOW, are you licking really dirty windows or is your helmet on too tight? Please read what you wrote and tell me where in any part of it says, "I do not have the right to see others stats". (wait for it) OH, it doesn't? Hmmm, I would have never guessed. Also, please show me where in any of the rules and violations does WG say that no player has the right to use third party websites to see other peoples stats. (wait for it) OH, they don't say that? Hmmm, who would have thought?

And for the sake of arguing and before you say it to try to act a lot smarter than you think you do. It does not say we have the right either BUT, and you will have to give me time to find the section, WG does say it is ok to use third party mods(sites) as long as they are not against their rules and violations. 

I let the adults handle this and argued it more towards my opinion and won the argument. So now that the adult has spoken, you may go do your homework, kid.

~~WINNING~~

Edited by jst2gr8, Dec 18 2019 - 04:58.

jst2gr8 #36 Posted Dec 18 2019 - 05:03

Captain

• Players
  • 68057 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostLookOut48469, on Dec 17 2019 - 07:48, said:

For one your not acting like a adult so doubt it. True wot can do whatever they want, true they can change terms, true they can lose customers as well. They should just change it so no mods are allowed. It's just another way the unicums can gain another edge. You can't avoid them if you don't know who they are.

This is true to a point. From what I have noticed is mostly above average players are using the anonymizer. Very few of below average players use it. I have been looking them up after game just out of curiosity I should be keeping track of them to show more accurate numbers but it seems around 90% are better players. So I automatically focus on them to try to delete them as fast as possible. It also lets these uniscum be more toxic and talk trash now. Kind of think it was the dumbest thing WG has done to this day. 

Mojo_Riesing #37 Posted Dec 19 2019 - 01:36

Captain

• Players
  • 20713 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View Postjst2gr8, on Dec 14 2019 - 19:09, said:

Others have remarked on you asserting this right.  You can't show where you derive this "right", and the reason is it does not exist. No amount of convoluted turning it around changes this. There is nothing else to add here.   You go back on my block list.

LookOut48469 #38 Posted Dec 19 2019 - 14:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 47074 battles
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_
The only Right we have is to quit. Honestly.  Which is the way im leaning towards anymore. You all can enjoy your safe zone you built.

Edited by LookOut48469, Dec 19 2019 - 14:32.

jst2gr8 #39 Posted Dec 19 2019 - 14:47

Captain

• Players
  • 68057 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Dec 18 2019 - 17:36, said:

And like you, others have no argument other that repeating how I don't have a right. Show me anywhere it says, as a player you do not have the right to see others stats. 

Others have remarked on you asserting this right.  You can't show where you derive this "right", and the reason is it does not exist. No amount of convoluted turning it around changes this. There is nothing else to add here.   You go back on my block list.

Oh no, not the block list. Snowflakes running wild... LOL!!! Seems all you have is the "there is no place saying you have the right" argument isn't working for you so you hide behind the "blocking people". As a player of WoT I have the right. Until WG blocks all XVM from in game and stops supporting the third parties that do XVM, I have the right. 

It makes it more funny that players are saying they don't get targeted as much as with the anonymizer on. But I see people saying that now with the anonymizer they target those players first. 

Also tagged with update 1.7, update, 1.7, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users