XVM blocks ALL stats if you use the anonymizer

xvm anonymizer

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

RHeadshot #21 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 19:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6911 battles
Doesn't really look like anyone is using it in game, assuming WG's description of it is accurate.

spud_tuber #22 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 60428 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 11 2019 - 12:07, said:

It probably won't and poor wording on my part.  I'm guessing in the end they (XVM) are doing this to keep folks using it.  I'm going to also guess that more folks that want the stats will just turn the anonymizer off than dump XVM.   Then as you point out  there are those that like it's non stat components that will use it even though afaik are all available in modpacks without XVM.   

They did say experiment and it's subject to change.  I don't see any downside for them as Nuclear pointed out, but I'm sure they're leaving room for that possibility.  Hence they're saying this is not final.  I think overall this will end up with more folks turning the anonymizer off to use XVM for stats than vice versa.  But not sure if that will impact them much after I read Nuclear's post and thought about it.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised to see them make it full time.

I've not been able to find another mod that provides the proximity circle on the minimap, nor have I found a mod yet that allows me to filter by non elite tanks I'm garage, but otherwise I've found replacements for everything I used from XVM.

coconut2011 #23 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 19:48

Captain

• Players
  • 65836 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

I like the move by XVM.

That said, it is totally possible to write a mod that queries the WoT API separately and update the stats color dynamically, without using the XVM server.  Somebody will write a mod soon enough.

BlaqWolf #24 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 19:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22770 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-
Way to keep the server alive... punish those who decide to hide their name.

View Postspud_tuber, on Dec 11 2019 - 12:47, said:

I've not been able to find another mod that provides the proximity circle on the minimap, nor have I found a mod yet that allows me to filter by non elite tanks I'm garage, but otherwise I've found replacements for everything I used from XVM.

I've tried *NOT* to use XVM for years... but there is so much background info that is *not* related to player stats that I do use, and finding XVM replacements has never been efficient.
Showing battle stats on vehicles in the garage, highlighting the selected vehicle a brighter color, re-coloring premium versus standard vehicles, filtering *OUT* rentals (including frontline), prox circle in battle.

Will the mod pack creators be coming out with separate 'no XVM of any sort' installer packs or at least a selection at the very top to disable any and all XVM based mods?

24cups #25 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 24870 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBlaqWolf, on Dec 11 2019 - 13:49, said:

How are they punished  ?

heavymetal1967 #26 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 20:20

Major

• Players
  • 74224 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postratpak, on Dec 11 2019 - 14:27, said:

I run vanilla so I really don't care.  IMO, XVM and the showing of a players stats in game is what causes most of the toxicity in WoT.  I wish they would shut down, or not be allowed to access the server information.  If wargaming could encrypt that information it would be great.    

Agreed on the cause.  I think they can block it, but I'm not that savvy with that stuff and could be wrong.

Also, while some folks and in my opinion wrongly accuse WG of doing this just to cater to the unicums and said clans WG has emphasized toxicity as the reason more than anything.  Are the uni's going to benefit from it more?  Only if they use it, but yes.  Even more so because some folks are under the wrong assumption that the majority of folks using the anonymizer will be unicums and target all the anons.  From my personal experience and from threads/posts I've read there's a good cross section of XVM hued players using it.  From dark reds to purples and all shades in between.  And not all of them have high battle counts either nor do all of the low ones appear to be rerolls.  But way too small of a sample size and way too early to make a prediction on either.  So therefore, in my opinion, any prediction is at this point a general assumption. 

And sure a lot of folks won't use it cause they don't tinker with settings.  But consider this.

All chat gone.  Main reason toxicity.

Friendly fire gone.  Main reason toxicity.

Anonymizer gone.  Main reason toxicity.

And when they anonymizer doesn't cut down the toxicity enough then the obvious step for them will be for them to turn it on by default.

Next step may be blocking stats altogether or before that other adjustments to the anonymizer.

One side effect of XVM blocking stats for anonymized players should be less toxicity.

Of course I foresee an uptick in after battle garage PM toxicity.  How much is yet to be seen of course.

View Postspud_tuber, on Dec 11 2019 - 14:47, said:

I don't use that, but I think you're right.  And you are right on the filter.  Or if there is a stand alone then we've both missed it.

View PostBlaqWolf, on Dec 11 2019 - 14:49, said:

I've tried *NOT* to use XVM for years... but there is so much background info that is *not* related to player stats that I do use, and finding XVM replacements has never been efficient.
Showing battle stats on vehicles in the garage, highlighting the selected vehicle a brighter color, re-coloring premium versus standard vehicles, filtering *OUT* rentals (including frontline), prox circle in battle.

Will the mod pack creators be coming out with separate 'no XVM of any sort' installer packs or at least a selection at the very top to disable any and all XVM based mods?

I use XVM and still have to use a separate vehicle highlighter for the garage.  Re-coloring premiums is available without XVM in Aslain's mine are gold colored.  The proximity spotting circle in battle I don't recall seeing outside of XVM, but I don't use it so I don't specifically look for it either.  Battle stats I think I've seen outside of XVM.   Tank filters of all sorts I don't recall seeing.

I imagine someone(s) will come up non XVM versions of the rest of the XVM stuff if there is or there becomes a demand for it.

I just noticed Aslain's updated his pack.  Off to download and install I'll take time to look for some of the other stuff and post.

heavymetal1967 #27 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 20:37

Major

• Players
  • 74224 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Just noticed this in Aslain's patch notes.

Didn't even think of this, but at best the anonymizer will skew the PREDICTION of this even if they take the anons out of the equation.  So it's essentially broken the PREDICTION rate.

Block Quote

- removed: Show Team WN8 with Win Chance [stopped to work]

Lol so much for looking at the PREDICTION and yolo'ing or drowning for those inclined to do so folks.

At least for now.  :)

Pardon the all caps on prediction, but that's what it is or was :P based upon XVM stats which as I've always stated are skewed to start with cause they don't allow for recents just overall.

Now at best they'll be skewed even more.

heavymetal1967 #28 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 74224 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postspud_tuber, on Dec 11 2019 - 14:47, said:

View PostBlaqWolf, on Dec 11 2019 - 14:49, said:

Just looked for this stuff, but only on Aslain's.  So maybe there's stand alone ones out there and just not in his modpack.  Though Aslain's pretty much has everything I think.

No prox spotting circle though there is one that displays a 15m circle around your tank that isn't part of XVM.  Btw thanks for the reminder guys as mine's now enabled.

Guessing that's for using bushes and tbh didn't realize it was there until I looked.  Bushed go transparent, so why the need for it unless for some graphic settings?

Anyhoo I was wrong no tank battle stats outside of XVM.  And no tank/carousel filters of any kind either.

There is an option to color your tanks in the carousel and tech tree that isn't part of XVM (my prems are gold via this and my tech tree has class colored icons as well) and there is a selected tank highlighter (my border is green).  

Krupp_Sabot #29 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 21:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11733 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 11 2019 - 12:37, said:

Just noticed this in Aslain's patch notes.

Didn't even think of this, but at best the anonymizer will skew the PREDICTION of this even if they take the anons out of the equation.  So it's essentially broken the PREDICTION rate.

Lol so much for looking at the PREDICTION and yolo'ing or drowning for those inclined to do so folks.

At least for now.  :)

Pardon the all caps on prediction, but that's what it is or was :P based upon XVM stats which as I've always stated are skewed to start with cause they don't allow for recents just overall.

Now at best they'll be skewed even more.

That feature needs to stay broken it never added anything of value to the game and should have been a banned part of xvm.

Comrade_Killshot #30 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 21:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21250 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

I hope Wargaming bans XVM now, just for the lols.

Wargaming makes anoynamizer.

XVM bans players using it

Wargaming bans XVM

:trollface:

Flarvin #31 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 55534 battles

View Post24cups, on Dec 11 2019 - 13:50, said:

How are they punished  ?

Denied access of a service. 

I do not see why this is needed. Unless having access to others stats is a significant advantage. Which if true, then WG should look into removing that significant advantage altogether. 

Carde #32 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 21:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 62468 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

XVM devs realized their mod has enormous flaws when people use the anon function in game.  This is for self preservation.  XVM is a mercenary group that has no interest in fairness or even providing a service beyond the minimum required for whatever ad revenue or side hustle they get. If they were actually smart, they would have seen the writing on the wall and made some overtures to improve optics and decrease toxicity. Instead they show their stripes with the bush league reaction to a slow motion train wreck.....that they could have avoided but chose to add coal and toot the horn instead.

Toot Toot, XVM. 

umkhulu #33 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 21:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 124 battles
From what I can see, very few players are using the anonamizer. I have a feeling that amongst the general player-base, it is a non-event!...

Krupp_Sabot #34 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 21:58

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11733 battles

View Postumkhulu, on Dec 11 2019 - 13:56, said:

From what I can see, very few players are using the anonamizer. I have a feeling that amongst the general player-base, it is a non-event!...

It doesnt help that it is kinda buried so to speak.

NARWL_Legend_Soviet #35 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 21:58

Captain

• Players
  • 28067 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Instead of creating the Anonymizer WG should have just prevented player stats being included in the API. That way mods like XVM could still have their practical functions(garage mods, mini map mods) without displaying player stats in game.

Flarvin #36 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 22:01

Major

• Players
  • 55534 battles

View Postumkhulu, on Dec 11 2019 - 15:56, said:

This is probably true. 

Most players are casual ones, which could probably careless either way about knowing others or having their stats known. 

Probably even a good amount players, who do not even know the anonymizer was added. I would not know the anonymizer, if I did not visit this forum. 

Flarvin #37 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 55534 battles

View PostNARWL_Legend_Soviet, on Dec 11 2019 - 15:58, said:

Instead of creating the Anonymizer WG should have just prevented player stats being included in the API. That way mods like XVM could still have their practical functions(garage mods, mini map mods) without displaying player stats in game.

Blocking the API would also prevent players from using stat sites, outside of the match. 

Just because someone wants to be anonymous in match, does not mean they don’t care about using stat sites for tracking their progress. 

omi5cron #38 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 24742 battles
"- removed: Show Team WN8 with Win Chance" i also saw this in aslains update.i hope CTW goes away entirely.i dont use XVM for anything stat-wise only the regular mods.i dont see why WG just does not "fog-out" the whole of redteams names until after battle report. greenteam only needs to see the redteam tank-types and numbers of each type/tier.

Flarvin #39 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 22:23

Major

• Players
  • 55534 battles

View Postomi5cron, on Dec 11 2019 - 16:12, said:

"- removed: Show Team WN8 with Win Chance" i also saw this in aslains update.i hope CTW goes away entirely.i dont use XVM for anything stat-wise only the regular mods.i dont see why WG just does not "fog-out" the whole of redteams names until after battle report. greenteam only needs to see the redteam tank-types and numbers of each type/tier.

With the development of the anonymizer, WG has the functionality to anonymize the red team. 

The only reason I am using the anonymizer, is due to win chance. 

Without cross team chat, there is really no reason to know who the red team players are until post game. Outside of wanting to know their stats or win chance. 

Anonymize red team could help in preventing players from rigging missions/events, by trying to be on opposing teams. 

Frakes70 #40 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 22:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 73309 battles
Props to XVM +1

Also tagged with xvm, anonymizer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users