XVM blocks ALL stats if you use the anonymizer

xvm anonymizer

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Frakes70 #41 Posted Dec 11 2019 - 23:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 73309 battles

XVM is a lot more then just ingame stats. I run the map feature excatly the same as the WG ones and XMVs are smoother then the vanilla one. Garage stats, garage clock, ingame clock... list goes on and on. This XVM is dead stuff is nonsense. 

Edited by Frakes70, Dec 11 2019 - 23:11.

riot_evo #42 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 00:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19514 battles
Nilla. Get rid of all in game mods (so the people who use it for everything else other than stats can have their "garage lives" simpler).

Boz1968 #43 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 02:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44936 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View Postriot_evo, on Dec 11 2019 - 18:28, said:

Nilla. Get rid of all in game mods (so the people who use it for everything else other than stats can have their "garage lives" simpler).

Glad XVM is doing this.  You just know people will turn off their stats but yet still use XVM to do the very things they complain about.  Hypocrites! 

Why get rid of one of the very things that makes people come to this game?  No one has benefited more from mods than Wargaming themselves.    Many of the features that are now part of the client are a direct result of mods and modders.  

riot_evo #44 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 02:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19514 battles

View PostBoz1968, on Dec 12 2019 - 02:03, said:

Glad XVM is doing this.  You just know people will turn off their stats but yet still use XVM to do the very things they complain about.  Hypocrites! 

Why get rid of one of the very things that makes people come to this game?  No one has benefited more from mods than Wargaming themselves.    Many of the features that are now part of the client are a direct result of mods and modders.  

I meant just get rid of the while you are playing mods.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #45 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 08:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8991 battles

View Postchurchill50, on Dec 11 2019 - 18:11, said:

Pretty neat change tbh. Keeps people from cheating the system by seeing other's stats while not letting theirs be seen.

Props to the XVM devs for this!

Agreed, i'm all in favor for scumbags getting punished, hell yeah

View Postmajor_tomm, on Dec 11 2019 - 19:16, said:

simple man just focus all anonymiser players. end of story and the great experiment will be removed

Why the hell would you do that huh? you're wasting your time and being a handicap to your team by either focusing a 45% tomato or a 55% unicom who will kick your @ss, so what is the point, just play the game not play the game according to some numbers

VooDooKobra #46 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 08:07

Major

• Players
  • 10138 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on Dec 11 2019 - 09:48, said:

Agreed.  Vanilla for one, vanilla for all.   None of that eating cake and having it too nonsense.

ETA:  That said, I think a lot of folks run vanilla anyway (Tsavo?) so they're already playing fair.

personally my mod use is minor, a aiming reticle i like, battle hits, and the one that colors where rounds hit or bounces on your tanks.  and some cosmetic stuff like the proper sheridan 

Hornet_Legion #47 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 08:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37164 battles
since I have been using anonymizer my win rate has been going up. im such a poor player that because they assume I am a unicorn arty is wasting so much time trying to kill me the real unicorns are defeating their team with ease.

Boz1968 #48 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 13:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44936 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View PostFORLORN_H0PE, on Dec 12 2019 - 02:27, said:

since I have been using anonymizer my win rate has been going up. im such a poor player that because they assume I am a unicorn arty is wasting so much time trying to kill me the real unicorns are defeating their team with ease.

Confirmation Bias much?

bgmp14 #49 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 15:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28990 battles
  • [MAZUT] MAZUT

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 11 2019 - 20:37, said:

Lol so much for looking at the PREDICTION and yolo'ing or drowning for those inclined to do so folks.

Just wait a minute after the battle starts and things would become clear. Then you can yolo/drown/dive as you please.

Veracks #50 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 15:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23724 battles
  • [SU] SU
I'd rather see XVM (and stat pulling in its entirety) banned from the game. People have gone insane over the years all in pursuit of some arbitrary colors and numbers. If you want to measure """skill""", go by what WG gives ingame.

fgn_2 #51 Posted Dec 13 2019 - 02:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 10174 battles
My only gripe is that this wasn't advertised up front that using anonymizer would blank out all XVM stats.  I turned on anonymizer to see how it works, and at first didn't see much difference, then a few games later, no XVM stats at all.  I thought I was having internet connection issues (I've had them in the past where I suddenly lost XVM stats while playing and had to reboot my modem to get them back).   So I thought I was having internet problems and it drove me nuts until I read blogs about how anonymizer affects access to all XVM stats.  It's fair, I get that, but the implementation, that is, the lack of info up front sucked.   And the fact that it'll take 12 hours to reset XVM sucks even more.  I just turned off anonymizer and hope to have XVM stats back sometime tomorrow.

Tanker5544 #52 Posted Dec 13 2019 - 06:01

Private

• Players
  • 5936 battles

View PostVeracks, on Dec 12 2019 - 14:11, said:

I'd rather see XVM (and stat pulling in its entirety) banned from the game. People have gone insane over the years all in pursuit of some arbitrary colors and numbers. If you want to measure """skill""", go by what WG gives ingame.

It depends on what type of game you think WOT is. Plenty of other competitive games (and no matter how much you cry WOT isn't trying to be competitive it most def is) have ways to show skills in terms of stats/ranking/elo. Its just a natural part of games that makes you compete with other players. People have been complaining about people being stupid due to elo/stats/whatever since literally the concept of such things in games. XVM isn't the cause of this toxicity, and anyone that thinks so should really play any other competitive game like CSGO or or LoL or honestly any valve game. Its not gonna stop people from sitting at the back of the map refusing to make plays worrying about dying, its not gonna stop complete asses from prioritizing their damage over the win, cuz xvm isnt the cause of this stuff.

BlackFive #53 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 37743 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View Postbgmp14, on Dec 12 2019 - 15:05, said:

Just wait a minute after the battle starts and things would become clear. Then you can yolo/drown/dive as you please.

I'm sorry - but that would require the skills of looking at and understanding the mini-map and thinking critically about team composition and deployment. 

Folks with those skills don't suicide. 

It's idiots who can't do that who trust XVM to tell them whether to suicide or not 

URU_Fox #54 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 18:23

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 34436 battles
  • [-TRD-] -TRD-
Yep, sounds fair.

Lapdog1 #55 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 9047 battles

View Postfgn_2, on Dec 12 2019 - 19:21, said:

My only gripe is that this wasn't advertised up front that using anonymizer would blank out all XVM stats.  I turned on anonymizer to see how it works, and at first didn't see much difference, then a few games later, no XVM stats at all.  I thought I was having internet connection issues (I've had them in the past where I suddenly lost XVM stats while playing and had to reboot my modem to get them back).   So I thought I was having internet problems and it drove me nuts until I read blogs about how anonymizer affects access to all XVM stats.  It's fair, I get that, but the implementation, that is, the lack of info up front sucked.   And the fact that it'll take 12 hours to reset XVM sucks even more.  I just turned off anonymizer and hope to have XVM stats back sometime tomorrow.

You poor thing. Perhaps if they sent it to you by certified mail?

DJMcFlinty #56 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 22:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 27492 battles
  • [PCAKE] PCAKE
XVM needs to be gone,  only legit arguments to keep it is garage stuff that with XVM gone might push the WoT devs to add it to the game them self finally

bitwise_ #57 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 02:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 14596 battles
I run vanilla. Loving the anonymizer so far. It's the best thing since friendly fire was shut off. 

_tar #58 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 02:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32475 battles

So, XVM is pointing out which players are using Anonymizer by showing only users of the mod who is Anonymized with the grey no-stats.  Worse, it also shows players with under 100 games as grey with no stats so they can be griefed.  

Either way, XVM in-game stats are effectively just a way to bully and grief certain players who are new or wish to not reveal their stats, which should render XVM in-game stats as a bannable mod.  

Nightshield_ #59 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 05:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37873 battles
I play a vanilla client, always have always will, so this is fair.  But after seeing all the hate posts and comments in chat, including those after the battle by butt hurt XVM users I think its time to ban XVM.  The Anonymizer haters have shown why Anonymizer was needed, XVM helps foster a toxic environment in game.  XVM is used by too many players as a foil to attack their fellow players in order to build up their own tiny egos.  Everyone should be playing on the same field, no mods period, not that most people have any clue how to take advantage of XVM or other mods and just usually whine about the win chance and how bad their teams or a player is anyway.  

PuddleSplasher #60 Posted Jan 11 2020 - 17:32

Major

• Players
  • 40029 battles

View PostNightshield_, on Dec 15 2019 - 04:18, said:

I play a vanilla client, always have always will, so this is fair.  But after seeing all the hate posts and comments in chat, including those after the battle by butt hurt XVM users I think its time to ban XVM.  The Anonymizer haters have shown why Anonymizer was needed, XVM helps foster a toxic environment in game.  XVM is used by too many players as a foil to attack their fellow players in order to build up their own tiny egos.  Everyone should be playing on the same field, no mods period, not that most people have any clue how to take advantage of XVM or other mods and just usually whine about the win chance and how bad their teams or a player is anyway.  

Your tears are making me laugh.

It's still ONLY a game of pixels regardless of how anyone plays.

You can personally play a vanilla game at any time of your gaming lifetime. No one will hold that against you but you are being overly insultive to many players in here for merely having and using a valid choice that is open to everyone.

Anyone can go vanilla and anyone can use XVM.

I am offended that you use Vanilla without admitting that you used Mods. It is indicative of a person lacking in intelligence.

One could presume that you do not know how to use Mods but on the other hand I know you were never vanilla throughout your whole gaming lifetime.

Also tagged with xvm, anonymizer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users