anonimizer toxic

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Capt_Beargrease #1 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 35470 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-

The Anonimizer allows players to bad talk and be toxic.  I hate it, remove please.  Here are some examples.  I have had artillery try to tell me how to play a medium tank, and how bad I was, that I am "marked" that the game was lost because of me.  A whole line of toxic vitriol.  After the game, I forgot to click on their tank so I could black list him.  I looked at the replay later, and it would not let me see who it was in the team results.  So now, I have a toxic person I can not blacklist.  You want to see?  Here is the replay :  http://wotreplays.eu...rease-koda_t_27

Next, I get this hate mail from this person: (see attached)

I went back and looked through games to try and see who this person was.  What tank were they in?  Were they just salty that I killed them?  Was I on their team and did something to them?  I have no idea.  Why should I spend my time clicking on every name to find out who the person was, what game was it?  I have no idea.

The Anonimizer removes accountability and responsibility.  Get rid of it.  If your real goal was to eliminate people from being focused due to really good stats, get rig of XVM.  Let famous people change their name for no gold. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   anonwho.jpg   84.68K

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #2 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

No

Change your message settings if you can't cope with hate mail

Snowflakes are why Western civilization is in decline ...

Also, you need to take that guy's name off that little missive, or YOU will be sanctioned here for Name & Shame

Edited by BottomFeedingBOTgarbage, Dec 14 2019 - 23:36.

rockbutcher #3 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23018 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-
Are you saying that you never got those messages before?

_Tsavo_ #4 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47294 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Anonymizer good.  It should stay. 

InappropriateHandHolding #5 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:17

Captain

• Players
  • 38927 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostCapt_Beargrease, on Dec 14 2019 - 23:05, said:

The Anonimizer allows players to bad talk and be toxic.  I hate it, remove please.  Here are some examples.  I have had artillery try to tell me how to play a medium tank, and how bad I was, that I am "marked" that the game was lost because of me.  A whole line of toxic vitriol.  After the game, I forgot to click on their tank so I could black list him.  I looked at the replay later, and it would not let me see who it was in the team results.  So now, I have a toxic person I can not blacklist.  You want to see?  Here is the replay :  http://wotreplays.eu...rease-koda_t_27

I went back and looked through games to try and see who this person was.  What tank were they in?  Were they just salty that I killed them?  Was I on their team and did something to them?  I have no idea.  Why should I spend my time clicking on every name to find out who the person was, what game was it?  I have no idea.

The Anonimizer removes accountability and responsibility.  Get rid of it.  If your real goal was to eliminate people from being focused due to really good stats, get rig of XVM.  Let famous people change their name for no gold. 

People did this without and they will do it with it.  Also this is a online game if you cant handle a little bit of people being toxic then you should turn your chat off.

Jaguarz #6 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3547 battles
you see their real name in both messages AND after battle reports.....

rockbutcher #7 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23018 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

View Post_Tsavo_, on Dec 14 2019 - 17:11, said:

Anonymizer good.  It should stay.

...because getting as good as you are without it, you are now free to do even better, easier.  I'm sorry Tsavo, I respect a lot of what you say here but I have to disagree with this one.  As presented, it was designed to please the top 5% of players.  I think that the implementation was wrong.  All or nothing.

kebab6597 #8 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:24

Major

• Players
  • 59318 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Not having any problems with the anonymizer its pretty good, if it induces a little rage here and there those doing the raging would do it with or without the anonymizer

Dirt_Track_Racing_J24 #9 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1100 battles
  • [AGNON] AGNON

View PostCapt_Beargrease, on Dec 14 2019 - 16:05, said:

maybe do a little research into it before you open ur yap on the forums and show everybody you have no clue about what the anonymizer does and doesn't do.. so sad. how you made it to 35k battles is beyond me

Edited by MrE_Player, Dec 14 2019 - 23:32.

__Frostbite #10 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23 battles
Man I'm a visitor from WoT Blitz and it looks the Anonimizer you guys have here is great, and something I'd personally love to see implemented in Blitz and Console. I'm not seeing the argument yet on how the Anonimizer removes accountability and increases toxicity, because you can see exactly who they are after the battle and toxicity doesn't depend on being able to hide your username during the duration of the battle. If you're truly offended, send in a support ticket and report the player for chat offenses. If you're not, what are you doing here? 

Feargrim27 #11 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 23:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16301 battles

Anonimizer isn't the problem.

Since I've had it on, I haven't noticed more or less "hate" messages. 

Buttknuckle #12 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 00:06

Major

• Players
  • 53474 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Wait, I thought the whole point of it was to remove in game stats. Haven't people been begging for in game stats to be removed forever, because they are what promote toxicity?

_Tsavo_ #13 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 00:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47294 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postrockbutcher, on Dec 14 2019 - 17:20, said:

...because getting as good as you are without it, you are now free to do even better, easier.  I'm sorry Tsavo, I respect a lot of what you say here but I have to disagree with this one.  As presented, it was designed to please the top 5% of players.  I think that the implementation was wrong.  All or nothing.

I haven't used it, and don't really plan to, but it doesnt hide anyone from misbehaviour, WG still knows.   I haven't actually played a game the this past week, so I've not seen it in action (hunting camp week-long adventure) but I like the fact it helps break XVM and those who misuse those pretty colors.

Basically it helps reinforce my own mantra in regards to team comps: the enemy is purple until proven otherwise and the allies are potatoes until proven otherwise.  

eisen1973 #14 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 00:25

Major

• Players
  • 67016 battles
  • [GRIMR] GRIMR
I propose the badges won't be displayed either. If you want to be anonymous why keeping the badges visible, and the special camo?

Edited by eisen1973, Dec 15 2019 - 00:26.

JakeTheMystic #15 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 00:41

Major

• Players
  • 25180 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Being able to hide your profile and stats from people has always promoted toxicity in every other game it's been introduced in, Wot isnt any different. The problem is that the company truly doesnt care about how toxic people are as long as its not hate speech (apparently). 

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #16 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 01:12

Captain

• Players
  • 30461 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Just block them one way or another and enjoy the game lol. You can block them for one game or forever!!!

tod914 #17 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 66031 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

You should enable your in game voice chat.  Maybe you'll get some heavy breathing in between some of those messages.  Some people would gladly pay extra for that.

Spoiler

heavymetal1967 #18 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 02:22

Major

• Players
  • 74224 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Posttod914, on Dec 14 2019 - 19:41, said:

You should enable your in game voice chat.  Maybe you'll get some heavy breathing in between some of those messages.  Some people would gladly pay extra for that.

Spoiler

Spoiler

ElectraDionis #19 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 14:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 440 battles
Funny, most of the anonimizer toxicity is caused by people like you saying you will persecute anyone who uses it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users