• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

haxmachine21 #1 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 05:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16579 battles
  • [S_T_P] S_T_P

https://worldoftanks...-announcements/

Whole list of changes coming next year, apparently. Crew skills overhaul and new equipment are chief among them, meaning I will need to revise all of my guides (14 so far). What are your guys' thoughts on WG revamping equipment and crew skills?

death_stryker #2 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 07:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4614 battles

As with just about every major change they do, the changes will be great if done well. It looks to me like they're addressing some current flaws with the two mechanics, namely the absolute superiority of improved equipment and of specific equipment combinations (e.g. rammer/stab/vents/optics) and the bland and frustrating nature of the current crew skill system - no free 6th sense, issues with tanks with few crew members (e.g. manticore commander needing like 10 skills), little variation in crew skill configurations (good skills are universally good).

They seem to be trying to make WoT's loadout system more like the current industry standard of the specialization-favoring system, where the most powerful loadout configurations take advantage of component synergies and min-maxing, resulting in the potential for there being multiple viable loadouts. I wholeheartedly believe that this, done correctly, would make the meta a bit less stale by allowing for dynamic counterplay: for example, if the meta shifts to favor a certain tank or tank class, everyone can change their loadout to counter that, mitigating the imbalance in raw power level. Right now, if this were to happen (as it has multiple times in the past), there is next to no counterplay at all; the other tanks simply get screwed.

TL;DR Having multiple possibilities instead of just rammer/stab/vents + food + directive + all crew skills is good.

dominator_OwO #3 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 08:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 24779 battles
  • [INVIL] INVIL
I'm all for some equipment changes. Most of the equipment options are useless, and the only debate is which three of the five real choices are the biggest priority for a certain tank. As far as crew goes, it's too soon to tell. I don't want my OP crews I've spent lots of time on to suddenly be not that useful, but I can see why they're wanting to streamline it a bit, since crew training is currently the most complex part of the game IMO.

I_QQ_4_U #4 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 08:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 25898 battles
It could be good, it could be bad. Just hope they don't do what they did to WOWP.

IndygoEEI #5 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 15:21

Major

• Players
  • 64982 battles

I've already planned for this with my AMX 40 guide that's starting to show it's age again. 

We're going to enter a totally brand new meta with these changes.

Kliphie #6 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 35472 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
IS-4 quietly weeps quietly waiting for its buffs announced last year

Mokoma #7 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 15:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 18202 battles
The equipment and crew overhauls could be good or bad, specialization systems can be fun to min-max your specific playstyle in something (although crew skill-wise, that could potentially be a mess for lines that shift dramatically in style and/or class as you move up), but they also can be weak and dumb, we’ll see.

I’m not a fan at all of the whole buff everything except prem ammo to essentially nerf it, for a number of reasons. Maybe I’ll be wrong, but I think that’ll be a real mess and make the game worse, especially if they roll it out without addressing some of the issues it’ll cause for specific tanks. Hopefully they’ll also buff some of the older tanks that have been hit the hardest with power creep, and also hopefully they’ll balance them better than some of their past over-buffs.

Some of the other changes look ok.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users