Game is getting boring and rage inducing with a unneeded loss streak

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

stmaarten1778 #1 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 05:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 312 battles
  • [KYUN] KYUN

I’m trying to grind my Kv1 but I keep losing because the armor doesn’t hold up in the infinite loop of bottom tier battles I’m put in. My KV1 is sick and tired of getting hit my 8,8 shells... The game is absolutely boring because of this endless bottom tier. I just want a tank to have fun in and win in. I am doing absolutely terrible at my tier 5 gameplay because the mm keeps putting me in an endless loop of bottom tier battles and my Kv1’s armor isn’t holding up even against same tier tanks... Does anyone know a tank with a play style like this?

Strong frontal armor that doesn’t need angling 

Good gun recommended but not required

Little to no frontal weak spots...

I plugged that hole on blitz with the tiger P but in normal WOT it’s garbage or so i have heard. I just want to change up stuff and stop my unneeded losing streak...

Einzelganger7 #2 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 05:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11363 battles
  • [WOLFD] WOLFD

View Poststmaarten1778, on Dec 14 2019 - 22:43, said:

By that description the Japanese heavies came to my mind, especially the Type 4 and Type 5. Though they got their cannons nerfed not long ago so I do not know if they are as friendly to play as they used to.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #3 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 05:54

Captain

• Players
  • 29067 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

lose streak i totaly agreed

Edited by Smooky_Le_chien_husky, Dec 15 2019 - 05:55.

_Hector__ #4 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 06:02

Major

• Players
  • 46464 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
Obj279e

Pipinghot #5 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 06:50

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Poststmaarten1778, on Dec 14 2019 - 23:43, said:

I’m trying to grind my Kv1 but I keep losing because the armor doesn’t hold up in the infinite loop of bottom tier battles I’m put in. My KV1 is sick and tired of getting hit my 8,8 shells... The game is absolutely boring because of this endless bottom tier. I just want a tank to have fun in and win in. I am doing absolutely terrible at my tier 5 gameplay because the mm keeps putting me in an endless loop of bottom tier battles and my Kv1’s armor isn’t holding up even against same tier tanks... Does anyone know a tank with a play style like this?

I plugged that hole on blitz with the tiger P but in normal WOT it’s garbage or so i have heard. I just want to change up stuff and stop my unneeded losing streak...

Some points that might help you.

1) With only 178 battles it's too soon for you to be trying to grind your way up the tech tree, trying to rush up the tree only leads to tears. Even if you're and experienced Blitz player the PC game plays very differently. Spend at least a couple hundred battles at Tiers III & IV. Take some time to get to know this game and understand the differences.

2) Tier V can be frustrating nowadays because you no longer have any battles with Tier III tanks in them, all of your opponents will be Tiers IV, V, VI & VII, and of course there aren't tons of people who spend a lot of time playing at Tier IV, so really most of your opponents will be Tiers V, VI & VII. The MM can't magically make you top tier if there aren't enough people playing Tier IV, so you're going to see a lot of Tier VI & VII opponents.

https://wiki.wargami...hart_v09191.png

3) The KV-1's armor holds up quite well against same tier tanks overall, so if you're getting penned by same tier tanks a lot then you really need to think about how to improve your game play. That's not an attack, just friendly advice.

I know this isn't what you were hoping to hear, but it's only fair to give you honest answers. Good luck and happy tanking.

Jolly33 #6 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 07:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50721 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
So what does a needed losing streak look like?

TornadoADV #7 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 08:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28980 battles
  • [ESC] ESC
The butchered MM is entirely to blame, sadly. Not a lot you can do about it except platoon up with some good players.

dunniteowl #8 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 16:05

Major

• Players
  • 37507 battles

I already gave you my answer to this dilemma in another thread.  I will stand by my statements and ask that you only need ONE thread for this sort of lament, not more than that, which now you have two.

Be patient, both in learning and posting.  Some folks want instant answers -- well that linked package I provided is for your "Instant Answers" as you won't even need to post a question to start finding your answer -- just read.  Can't get any faster than that without a Matrix Style plug into your brain and downloading them.  Until you get one of those, you'll have to read and watch video instruction.

As to 'unneeded' losses; this is pure frustration talking.  No loss is necessary when it's you on the receiving end; and every time you win?  Those guys on the other side just got one of those 'unnecessary' losses, too.  Try to avoid using hyperbole as a wedge to learning how to improve your situation.  The more time we spend in complaint and lament, the longer and harder will be the learning curve.  This is purely due to time wasted on the complaining and lamenting, which also helps condition the person doing it from reaching out and asking for help to improve.  Nothing good comes of wailing.

Hang in there, you're still just dipping your toes in the water.  You still have to learn the different swimming strokes and you're barely treading water at this point.  Be patient with the game and with yourself.  Rushing is usually an indicator that something else you did or observed was wrong when you thought you understood the situation.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

GollumsFish #9 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 02:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12177 battles
  • [GANDP] GANDP

This happens with all my heavy tanks. My tier 6 VK 3601... My tier 7 Tiger... my Tier 7 T29 and KV3... happened to me on the KV1 and the T-150. Happened to my American M6... welcome to heavy tanks.

And for a while, I used to keep going to my usual brawling corner Himmelsdorf and trying to sidescrape and poke and stuff... and I'd get overmatched and bullied and... cry every time. I got frustrated and whined about it not being fair. That got me nowhere.

Then I decided to adjust my play style when bottom tier. Instead of trying to be the lead tank on the hill on Malinovka and getting my face kicked in, I'd play as a SUPPORT tank for a couple key heavy tanks on my team. That means you are NOT the lead guy. You hang back and shoot from mid ranges, I'm not saying sit at the back and snipe (unless you're a German heavy... maybe... but even then probably not). But don't hold the front line either. You won't survive there. Provide supporting fire from mid ranges. Wait for an opportunity and go for flanking angles on enemies who are distracted by your teammates. Stay safe and pop out and annoy the enemy.

Or, you could quit going to the traditional heavy tank spot and instead join the MEDIUMS on the other side of the map. The KV1 isn't terribly slow, so this isn't a completely unreasonable option.

But if you want a tank with no weak spots who doesn't get overmatched by tanks two tiers higher - bad news bub - there isn't one.

GollumsFish #10 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 02:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12177 battles
  • [GANDP] GANDP
And I'm generally a fan of taking a break from WoT when it's getting too upsetting.

Go play Hearthstone or something. Nothing wrong with that.

Zxaiercese #11 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7088 battles

View PostGollumsFish, on Dec 15 2019 - 18:11, said:

Or, you could quit going to the traditional heavy tank spot and instead join the MEDIUMS on the other side of the map. The KV1 isn't terribly slow, so this isn't a completely unreasonable option.

Do this. Trust me, just do it! Same goes for most of the Russian line of heavies I've played. In bottom tiers, you're nearly useless unless you get side/rear angles on an enemy heavy. Mediums though, you can usually out gun and will be only slightly outmaneuvered. 

LookOut48469 #12 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 19:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54316 battles
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_
True the mm gives you alot of matches you have to hide in, but every 4-5 games you should be top tier or at least in a t6 match that isn't to bad for your tank. Maybe there will be a match with a bunch of t6 meds. That's your chance to do some damage and have a good game. Once you learn how to sidescrap you should be able to bounce a couple high tier shots and yes you may even have to use gold to deal damage but there's no reason you can't be useful in those high tier matches. Just don't charge to where the heavys fight, relax, look at your enemy list,a think about where to find weaker targets you can attack successfully. Once you have a good understanding of the game and a good crew with perks you can start engaging those highier tiers.

1ST_AD_Abrams #13 Posted Jan 08 2020 - 08:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17782 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Just have to get use to it as it appears it is the norm now.  I can't have a single gaming session of 30 games end in .5, instead it is always below .5 and always a red arrow down.  Yet when I lose I quickly look (as I mentioned in another post) at the player stats and it baffles me how players with that much experience and good stats can make some basic fundamental errors (I am not looking to blame someone for the loss (except mm) but how the same mistakes and blowouts happen the same way every single time for as many or more than 10 games as losses, another issue the person who taught me stats in college stated didn't seem like a normal outcome.

uberdice #14 Posted Jan 08 2020 - 10:41

Major

• Players
  • 29918 battles

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Jan 08 2020 - 17:59, said:

Just have to get use to it as it appears it is the norm now.  I can't have a single gaming session of 30 games end in .5, instead it is always below .5 and always a red arrow down.  Yet when I lose I quickly look (as I mentioned in another post) at the player stats and it baffles me how players with that much experience and good stats can make some basic fundamental errors (I am not looking to blame someone for the loss (except mm) but how the same mistakes and blowouts happen the same way every single time for as many or more than 10 games as losses, another issue the person who taught me stats in college stated didn't seem like a normal outcome.

Do you trust yourself to make an accurate assessment of what is a basic error in this game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users