win rate statistics

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Zourn #1 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 15:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17360 battles
  • [PZMAF] PZMAF
Over the last 500 or so battles my WR% is on free fall(Literally free falling, averaging around 43%-48% lately on sessions). My game play is improving in all metrics minus WR% which it seems I can't really do anything about? I could smash low tiers 5 and below but that's not me. So any suggestions would be appreciated(I think I'm just stuck being on the RNG naughty list or something). :child:

H0D0R_ #2 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 15:53

Captain

• Players
  • 17587 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

The only thing I can suggest is to platoon with friends and work together. Do your damage and work with your team.

Example: if your team abandons a flank at the start of a match do not go there. Stick with your team and try to direct the lemming train, or work as the rear defense/cap defense.

You can only do so much in pub matches, learn from your mistakes and watch what other players do.

UnturnedLeaf #3 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 15:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32682 battles

View PostZourn, on Dec 16 2019 - 08:48, said:

Over the last 500 or so battles my WR% is on free fall(Literally free falling, averaging around 43%-48% lately on sessions). My game play is improving in all metrics minus WR% which it seems I can't really do anything about? I could smash low tiers 5 and below but that's not me. So any suggestions would be appreciated(I think I'm just stuck being on the RNG naughty list or something). :child:

some would suggest that WG purposely designs their algorithms to suppress WR below 50%. 

Jer1413 #4 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 15:55

Captain

• Players
  • 49409 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Dec 16 2019 - 10:53, said:

some would suggest that WG purposely designs their algorithms to suppress WR below 50%. 

Mostly those with WRs below 50%.

spud_tuber #5 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:06

Major

• Players
  • 61031 battles
OP, have you jumped up which tier you're playing at and/or changed what type of tanks you're mainly playing?

More often than not,  when someone complains that all their other stats are going up except win rate, it is because they've recently increased their average tier played.  

Occasionally the upward trend is relatively small, and the drop on WR is also small, but the poor scaling on some of the graphs on the stat websites kinda trick them into thing the changes are larger than they are.

And sometimes a change in tank class, can result in increases in some stats and decreases in others.

Sorry I can't be more help.  If none of the 3 above seem to fit your situation, I suggest posting up a few replays to see if people can find opportunities to win games that you overlooked in the heat of the moment.   Or, reach out to some of the youtubers who do replay reviews, such as Guido1212, and ask them to take a look at a few replays.

Markd73 #6 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 33315 battles

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Dec 16 2019 - 14:53, said:

Some would suggest that the Earth is flat as well.

Still waiting for the "rigged mm" argument to meet the burden of proof for that claim. 

13Jake55 #7 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22494 battles
Although your inividual stats may be good it is not a barometer of your contribution to the team. Sometimes you could be Superman and you lose but there are some battles where your presence on a flank would help that flank push through or hold and sway a potential loss into a win. Sometimes drawing fire and allowing your team to shoot that tank is more beneficial than running and going after a weaker tank.  There is no absolute method but being adaptable and seeing the whole battlefield is a must. Experience helps to a degree and knowing the good tanks on the red side helps which is why people like xvm. Me I play vanilla and look at the type of tanks on both side. Lol one time the other day our side had 70% german tanks the other side had 90% Russian tanks and it was a blowout since the Russians penned everything and the German shells bounced. 

ethics_gradient #8 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 43047 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
For what it's worth, my WR is also dropping like a stone.  In the past few months, I've gone from >54% overall w/r to 53.81%.  Given how many battles I've played, it's a very significant drop.  *sigh*

Big_Red211 #9 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14283 battles
  • [MS0B] MS0B

500 games is easy to over come! The line you are working on makes a big difference. If you support your high tier guys when you're a low tier. If you're aggressive (and actually do damage) in the beginning when you're high tier (and stay alive).  As your crew upgrades, you'll notice a difference. And obviously learning game mechanics will help a lot.  I had my first X tank before I realized I was making a few major mistakes

In my own games, I've noticed that if I can turn draw into a win I'd have a much better record.  It won't always be possible but sometimes you can turn the tide towards the end of the game.

_Tsavo_ #10 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47810 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Have you moved to new tanks or a new tier?   As Hodor said, I'd look for friends to took with, or better players to took with and see how they react to negative developments in a match. 

OLDIRTYBOMBER #11 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12730 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY
Best way to work predetermined MM is to RIG up a platoon (with better players *IMPORTANT)

82nd_19D1P_D3 #12 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:36

Captain

• Players
  • 44437 battles
  • [3-73] 3-73
Why care about win rate? With the Anonymizer you can be the world's biggest turd and no one will know. 

DomoSapien #13 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:44

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 15124 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
I just saw a screenshot pop up in my Facebook memories from 3 years ago, I was at 9,999 battles with a 48% winrate.

3 years later and I still can't seem to get above 49.99% (highest I've been able to get it was 49.98% I think) - I think there is a degree of futility involved if you aren't going about it the right way (platooning with highly skilled players and learning from their gameplay habits) because you fall into the same habits and patterns. You'll be convinced that you made all the right decisions but someone with more experience might watch your replay and point out 3 or 4 critical mistakes. 

Bacillus27 #14 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 16:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15106 battles
Play tanks you haven't played in several months for a few weeks.  Then switch back to your main tanks.   Dont hammer the same tanks over and over. 

xrays_ #15 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:12

Major

• Players
  • 54484 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

I find, personally, that my win rate goes up while trying to 3-Mark tanks, as I'm more focused on dealing/spotting for damage than actually winning, and the former action tends to yield more wins naturally. Sometimes platooning works, sometimes it doesn't, but generally playing tanks you enjoy and do well in helps - and sometimes keeps you from being frustrated. However, with random being the beach it can be, there are still waves of good and bad matches and you just have to fight through them.

As already stated, try to learn from your mistakes, ask questions, and take a breather to watch a good streamer - you can always pick up tips along the way!

x.

bravo9er #16 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27224 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR
I've had 500 battle free falls in the past and I could never figure out what was going on.  Often times it follows a period of doing really really well, in a span of 100's of battles, in a way that defies statistical probability and then suddenly like a light switch going off, I'm suddenly in a free fall, where I can't win a battle and I'm playing just as well as I've been playing but just can't win.  Every time that happens, I notice on the Wotlab chart, that one that tracks W/R over the last 2,000 battles, that I blipped up unusually high and then just as suddenly I'm back down to where I should be on the trend line.  I just write it off as one of those things that can't be explained with this game.  This game as so many ways in which it defies statistical probability.  I just watch the Wotlabs trend chart and as long as I'm on the upward trend over 2K battles, I'm fine.

Comrade_Killshot #17 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21595 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

The margin of error in win rate, considering the uncontrolled variables involved with mm and this game, is hardly worth noting as a performance metric. If you really want to raise win rate and PR then do this.

Platoon with people who are better than average as much as possible. 

Grind out the common "OP" tanks.

Go back and look at your service record and select your tanks with the highest win rate.

Play those tanks until you hate them.

Repeat for thousands and thousands of battles until your miserable.

Then, with a lot of luck and good RNG you can raise your win rate and PR at the same time.

Or just not worry about win rate because its the outcome of a plethora of uncontrolled variables that will drive you insane trying to control.

Another possible way is to play skirmishes with very good players hours on end for years and win tons of games. Skirmishes are much more controlled than pub games so you can actually get on solid winning streaks.

coldicutt #18 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 19:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23786 battles

AS some of the previously posted answers - Platoon with Good players, this is the ONLY way to rigged the game in your favor.

I can't be bothered and hence i suffered the consequences, i was never able to bring my WR to higher then 49.8%. I have the same SAW tooth graph for a long time,up and down.I am the same player and if anything,after 20K games,I know i learned many mechanics i did not know at 5K games and use all of them.

Otherwise, don't fret over the WR or else this game will fell like work and at that point you might as well quit. It is suppose to be fun and provide an escape.

coldicutt #19 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 19:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23786 battles

View Postcoldicutt, on Dec 16 2019 - 19:20, said:

AS some of the previously posted answers - Platoon with Good players, this is the ONLY way to rigged the game in your favor.

I can't be bothered and hence i suffered the consequences, i was never able to bring my WR to higher then 49.8%. I have the same SAW tooth graph for a long time,up and down.I am the same player and if anything,after 20K games,I know i learned many mechanics i did not know at 5K games and use all of them.

Otherwise, don't fret over the WR or else this game will fell like work and at that point you might as well quit. It is suppose to be fun and provide an escape.

_Tsavo_ #20 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 22:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47810 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostDomoSapien, on Dec 16 2019 - 10:44, said:

I just saw a screenshot pop up in my Facebook memories from 3 years ago, I was at 9,999 battles with a 48% winrate.

3 years later and I still can't seem to get above 49.99% (highest I've been able to get it was 49.98% I think) - I think there is a degree of futility involved if you aren't going about it the right way (platooning with highly skilled players and learning from their gameplay habits) because you fall into the same habits and patterns. You'll be convinced that you made all the right decisions but someone with more experience might watch your replay and point out 3 or 4 critical mistakes. 

Toon with me more, nurd

Also tagged with win rate, statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users