Crew System Rework in 2020: couple questions.

Crew Crews Female crew

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Cowcat137 #1 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 15328 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

Wargaming plans a new crew system for 2020 that, as I understand now means crews will no longer be 2-6 people but a single Commander per tank.  Experience accrued or bought will be calculated and be available to re-allocate.

But, will :

1. Any non commander female crewman will be lost unless we retrain them for gold ?

2. Money we sank into name changes and face changes be lost ? 

3. The gold or credits we spent to train up crews up to 100% be compensated ?

These are questions I would like clarified as the update nears. I think we are entitled to get back the resources we invested in those crews, not just the XP. Thanks.

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #2 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostCowcat137, on Dec 16 2019 - 11:08, said:

Wargaming plans a new crew system for 2020 that, as I understand now means crews will no longer be 2-6 people but a single Commander per tank.  Experience accrued or bought will be calculated and be available to re-allocate.

But, will :

1. Any non commander female crewman will be lost unless we retrain them for gold ?

These are questions I would like clarified as the update nears. I think we are entitled to get back the resources we invested in those crews, not just the XP. Thanks.

EXACTLY

Otherwise, there's no good point to spending money on the Holiday loot boxes, especially in light of that news

All of us waste money here for the entertainment value, but the entertainment value seems to be rapidly diminishing

The crew-thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

Worse money after bad ...

Edited by BottomFeedingBOTgarbage, Dec 16 2019 - 17:28.

Nonamanadus #3 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 32778 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
Better not erase my crews, I worked hard training them. 

InquisitorSomme #4 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3248 battles

View PostBottomFeedingBOTgarbage, on Dec 16 2019 - 17:10, said:

EXACTLY

Otherwise, there's no good point to spending money on the Holiday loot boxes, especially in light of that news

All of us waste money here for the entertainment value, but the entertainment value seems to be rapidly diminishing

Worse money after bad ...

What? Why? 

Because War Gaming dropped some vague news about Crews that's not even in sandbox testing yet? 

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #5 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostNonamanadus, on Dec 16 2019 - 11:27, said:

Better not erase my crews, I worked hard training them.

Watchu gonna do ?

EULA and all ....

Edited by BottomFeedingBOTgarbage, Dec 16 2019 - 17:57.

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #6 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostInquisitorSomme, on Dec 16 2019 - 11:28, said:

What? Why?

Because War Gaming dropped some vague news about Crews that's not even in sandbox testing yet?

Did YOU watch the live stream ?

Real-time translation was very good

Edited by BottomFeedingBOTgarbage, Dec 16 2019 - 17:50.

Cowcat137 #7 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 15328 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

As I understand their (brief) press release all of the crew are going away except the commander. One commander per tank, customizable with up to 25 new skills. This isn't going to sandbox, it's been decided and announced.

Anyway I didn't make this thread to cry, these are some questions I would like answered. 

Edited by Cowcat137, Dec 16 2019 - 17:32.

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #8 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostCowcat137, on Dec 16 2019 - 11:30, said:

As I understand their (brief) press release all of the crew are going away except the commander. One commander per tank, customizable with up to 25 new skills.

Not liking it ...

They just keep right on dumbing it down ...

for the children ...

Edited by BottomFeedingBOTgarbage, Dec 16 2019 - 17:32.

largeelvis #9 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21209 battles
Crew rework, gold ammo rework, he rework, equipment rework... just leave the game as it is wargaming. You are only going to fcuk it up.

InquisitorSomme #10 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3248 battles

View PostBottomFeedingBOTgarbage, on Dec 16 2019 - 17:32, said:

Not liking it ...

They just keep right on dumbing it down ...

for the children ...

That's where the players and money comes from... 

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #11 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostInquisitorSomme, on Dec 16 2019 - 11:49, said:

That's where the players and money comes from...

and THAT is why it's going to Hell in a handbasket

Cowcat137 #12 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 15328 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
When Crew books released, charging the same 2 million credits for either a 2 man Setter crew or a 6 man TOG crew,  you had to know something was up.  At least when this goes through that injustice will be rendered moot.

InquisitorSomme #13 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3248 battles

View PostBottomFeedingBOTgarbage, on Dec 16 2019 - 17:51, said:

and THAT is why it's going to Hell in a handbasket

I'm so glad you're not responsible for advertising anything. 

jeb2 #14 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 54134 battles
  • [HU] HU

I am truly confused and concerned over this upcoming crew change.

There are 525 folk in my Barracks.  Most of them are ones I have put a lot of credits/gold/time into advancing their skills.

USSWISCONSIN94 #15 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1768 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN
Sounds like console's crew system i think. Works better (is certain ways) too IMO.

CaptSpaulding55 #16 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35004 battles

View PostCowcat137, on Dec 16 2019 - 11:08, said:

But, will :

Do you really think you're going to find concrete answers by asking random people on this forum?  They will offer different opinions while not knowing diddly squat.  It's doubtful you'd even get a straight answer from the devs on this subject.

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #17 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostCaptSpaulding55, on Dec 16 2019 - 12:07, said:

It's doubtful you'd even get a straight answer from the devs on this subject.

It's probably in their best interests Not to

Cowcat137 #18 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 15328 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

View PostCaptSpaulding55, on Dec 16 2019 - 18:07, said:

Do you really think you're going to find concrete answers by asking random people on this forum?  They will offer different opinions while not knowing diddly squat.  It's doubtful you'd even get a straight answer from the devs on this subject.

Call me naive but I yes, i expect Krzy, Domo or Cabbage would look into it for me, they probably don't have an answer this second but they would take note. He's the text I clipped from the website

Crew 2.0

The new year brings a fundamental change to the crew concept. Its core hasn’t changed for years, limiting itself merely to some minor updates and features (Crew Skins, Crew Books, etc.). World of Tanks is constantly evolving, so the time has come to rethink our vision of the crew concept.

Next year, we'll introduce the brand-new Crew 2.0. All crew unit members will have a common progression, so interacting with them will be more convenient than with individual tankers.

We are also completely redesigning the perks system. The number of available perks will increase to 25, and the crew members training system will change too. You will be able to:

• Choose in which direction to develop the commander's skills.
  • Create multiple crew configurations for each vehicle, depending on your gameplay style, which will affect its performance in battle.

Once we introduce Crew 2.0, you can convert the accumulated experience of all existing crew members and direct it to train the new ones. You’ll be able to deploy them in battle instantly, without missing a beat!

It may sound complex now, but we’ll be introducing the revamped crew concept step by step, so it will be easy for everyone to understand and to take advantage of all the new mechanics. Rest assured that you won’t lose any of your progress and hard work! The whole scope of potential changes is still under active development, so stay tuned for more news.

Edited by Cowcat137, Dec 16 2019 - 18:10.

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #19 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostCowcat137, on Dec 16 2019 - 12:09, said:

Call me naive but I yes, i expect Krzy, Domo or Cabbage would look into it for me, they probably don't have an answer this second but they would take not. He's the text I clipped from the website

Crew 2.0

The new year brings a fundamental change to the crew concept. Its core hasn’t changed for years, limiting itself merely to some minor updates and features (Crew Skins, Crew Books, etc.). World of Tanks is constantly evolving, so the time has come to rethink our vision of the crew concept.

Next year, we'll introduce the brand-new Crew 2.0. All crew unit members will have a common progression, so interacting with them will be more convenient than with individual tankers.

We are also completely redesigning the perks system. The number of available perks will increase to 25, and the crew members training system will change too. You will be able to:

• Choose in which direction to develop the commander's skills.
  • Create multiple crew configurations for each vehicle, depending on your gameplay style, which will affect its performance in battle.

Once we introduce Crew 2.0, you can convert the accumulated experience of all existing crew members and direct it to train the new ones. You’ll be able to deploy them in battle instantly, without missing a beat!

It may sound complex now, but we’ll be introducing the revamped crew concept step by step, so it will be easy for everyone to understand and to take advantage of all the new mechanics. Rest assured that you won’t lose any of your progress and hard work! The whole scope of potential changes is still under active development, so stay tuned for more news.

Let's add some contrast, please ... I'm 70 ...

Edited by BottomFeedingBOTgarbage, Dec 16 2019 - 18:12.

KRZYBooP #20 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:16

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 4415 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostCowcat137, on Dec 16 2019 - 10:08, said:

But, will :

1. The wording states that it's changing but not reducing them down to only one commander, and Remember that you can make all your Female crew members commanders for different tanks. Sisterhood of Steel and BrotherHood both work together now.

2. At this time there isn't any concrete information about skins being removed from your crew, as it's not mentioned below. 

3. Yes they say that you will get the equivalent of training/xp when the change happens. 

More accurate information to come the closer we approach to Crew 2.0 coming live. 

1.Next year, we'll introduce the brand-new Crew 2.0. All crew unit members will have a common progression, so interacting with them will be more convenient than with individual tankers.

Choose in which direction to develop the commander's skills.
Create multiple crew configurations for each vehicle, depending on your gameplay style, which will affect its performance in battle.
3. Once we introduce Crew 2.0, you can convert the accumulated experience of all existing crew members and direct it to train the new ones. You’ll be able to deploy them in battle instantly, without missing a beat!

Hopefully this post clarifies things and doesn't shake up your sno-globe causing more confusion. 

Also tagged with Crew, Crews, Female crew

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users