Crew System Rework in 2020: couple questions.

Crew Crews Female crew

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

SlappedbyRommel #21 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11549 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostKRZYBooP, on Dec 16 2019 - 18:16, said:

1. The wording states that it's changing but not reducing them down to only one commander, and Remember that you can make all your Female crew members commanders for different tanks. Sisterhood of Steel and BrotherHood both work together now.

2. At this time there isn't any concrete information about skins being removed from your crew, as it's not mentioned below.

3. Yes they say that you will get the equivalent of training/xp when the change happens.

More accurate information to come the closer we approach to Crew 2.0 coming live.

The new year brings a fundamental change to the crew concept. Its core hasn’t changed for years, limiting itself merely to some minor updates and features (Crew Skins, Crew Books, etc.). World of Tanks is constantly evolving, so the time has come to rethink our vision of the crew concept.

1.Next year, we'll introduce the brand-new Crew 2.0. All crew unit members will have a common progression, so interacting with them will be more convenient than with individual tankers.

We are also completely redesigning the perks system. The number of available perks will increase to 25, and the crew members training system will change too. You will be able to:

Choose in which direction to develop the commander's skills.
Create multiple crew configurations for each vehicle, depending on your gameplay style, which will affect its performance in battle.
3. Once we introduce Crew 2.0, you can convert the accumulated experience of all existing crew members and direct it to train the new ones. You’ll be able to deploy them in battle instantly, without missing a beat!

It may sound complex now, but we’ll be introducing the revamped crew concept step by step, so it will be easy for everyone to understand and to take advantage of all the new mechanics. Rest assured that you won’t lose any of your progress and hard work! The whole scope of potential changes is still under active development, so stay tuned for more news.

Hopefully this post clarifies things and doesn't shake up your sno-globe causing more confusion.

Question - is this a developers take on the game or was there any input from the player base? God help us if there was any feedback wanted from the people who play this daily?

AverageWannabe #22 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 19:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8005 battles
they need to compensate for the barrack space as well.

KRZYBooP #23 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 19:30

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 4415 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Dec 16 2019 - 11:52, said:

Question - is this a developers take on the game or was there any input from the player base? God help us if there was any feedback wanted from the people who play this daily?

All new systems for WoT are tested within our Super Test. 

View PostAverageWannabe, on Dec 16 2019 - 12:05, said:

they need to compensate for the barrack space as well.

No News on Developers removing Crew members. 

Jryder #24 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 20:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14117 battles

I hardly think that trying to make the system less needlessly complicated and removing duplicative or outright useless elements qualifies as "dumbing it down".

I think the word you are looking for is "efficient".

Flarvin #25 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 55806 battles

View PostBottomFeedingBOTgarbage, on Dec 16 2019 - 11:28, said:

Watchu gonna do ?

EULA and all ....

Do what I did with WoWS, quit playing. 

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #26 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 20:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostJryder, on Dec 16 2019 - 14:26, said:

I hardly think that trying to make the system less needlessly complicated and removing duplicative or outright useless elements qualifies as "dumbing it down".

I think the word you are looking for is "efficient".

No - it's being dumbed-down

Fenxis #27 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 20:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40909 battles
They shoudn't change how Crews work unless the new system is drastically better. Similar/comparable? just keep it the same.

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #28 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 20:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostFenxis, on Dec 16 2019 - 14:34, said:

They shoudn't change how Crews work unless the new system is drastically better. Similar/comparable? just keep it the same

We won't know until it lands on us like a ton of bricks

buckschott #29 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 20:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19792 battles

Last year we got clown cars, removal of team damage, and the anonymizer.  I wasn't really a fan of any of those things. Next year we are losing low tier tech tree tanks, our crews, and derp guns. 

Pretty thankful that I didn't buy any loot boxes when they 1st came out. Not sure I want to be sitting on any gold or premium time when these changes take effect.

OLDIRTYBOMBER #30 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 20:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12730 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY

Current crew system is pay to win garbage, adds little value to game play. 

I hope they use this opportunity to add some gameplay value and move away from dumbed down pay to win crapola ;)

hikerjon1 #31 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 21:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40483 battles

That feeling when you're choosing "Adrenaline Rush" or "Relaying" just because there's not much else...

Maybe there's something better?

Unk3mpt #32 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 21:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5360 battles
  • [0VER] 0VER

Additional skills as well. Perhaps 'Silent Driving' and 'Muffled Shot' from console?  The former being a tad broken for mediums.

Forgot 'Track Mechanic' epic skill for heavies and case-mate TDs

Edited by Unk3mpt, Dec 16 2019 - 21:18.

Cowcat137 #33 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 01:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 15328 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Thanks for the response.   So... the crew will still be there but only as hitboxes for critical hits? And they won't have any skills?  The commander will have all the skills and perks? What happens when the commander is hit? American tanks especially are going to be handicapped by this.  I'm sure there's more to it.

Altwar #34 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 01:11

Major

• Players
  • 59777 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostKRZYBooP, on Dec 16 2019 - 09:16, said:

1.Next year, we'll introduce the brand-new Crew 2.0. All crew unit members will have a common progression, so interacting with them will be more convenient than with individual tankers.

We are also completely redesigning the perks system. The number of available perks will increase to 25, and the crew members training system will change too. You will be able to:

Choose in which direction to develop the commander's skills.
Create multiple crew configurations for each vehicle, depending on your gameplay style, which will affect its performance in battle.

I've over 600 crew and I don't find a lack of convenience dealing with each individually.   Why dumb down the game?

More skills, yes!  Oh wait, it's perks being talked about.  The ones that don't kick in until 100% trained.  Terrific.  Who wanted more of these?  Skills, yes, perks, not so much.

Please don't do to World of Tanks crew what is done with the World of Warships commanders!  Limited skill points, not all skills pertain to all commanders, no thanks!

UnitG2 #35 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 01:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33198 battles

Im looking forward to it.

Remember when they simplified the missions- what could possibly go wrong?

SporkBoy #36 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 02:32

Major

• Players
  • 52078 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
The entire concept of premium tanks as crew trainers is now trashed? So, less reasons to buy premium vehicles. Good idea WG.

Gtraxeman #37 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 02:50

Captain

• Players
  • 37008 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostCowcat137, on Dec 17 2019 - 01:02, said:

Thanks for the response.   So... the crew will still be there but only as hitboxes for critical hits? And they won't have any skills?  The commander will have all the skills and perks? What happens when the commander is hit? American tanks especially are going to be handicapped by this.  I'm sure there's more to it.

I read it as.....the whole crew will be a unit, not just commander. So, the whole crew as an entity will choose skills. I would still say some skills would be specific to an individual in the "unit" in case of knocking out a crew member in game. Just seems better, that moving a crew would be easier than now, without worrying about where the second loader or gunner is coming from for the next tank. No more extra radiomen laying around the barracks not being used. Not to mention that a commander is also a gunner in one tank, but a radioman in the next under the current system, for example.

AZandEL #38 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 06:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31232 battles

View PostGtraxeman, on Dec 17 2019 - 01:50, said:

I read it as.....the whole crew will be a unit, not just commander. So, the whole crew as an entity will choose skills. I would still say some skills would be specific to an individual in the "unit" in case of knocking out a crew member in game. Just seems better, that moving a crew would be easier than now, without worrying about where the second loader or gunner is coming from for the next tank. No more extra radiomen laying around the barracks not being used. Not to mention that a commander is also a gunner in one tank, but a radioman in the next under the current system, for example.

So a complete change to the entire crew concept from what we have had for the last 8 years. Sounds drastic. I think they would have been better off fixing things one by one in betas starting with replacing some of the more useless skills with new ones and reducing the cost of retraining. IMO this has good chance of causing more problems than it solves, and nullifying a lot of what the player base have invested time and money into. Will this attract more new players than piss off the old ones who have stuck around for years? Who asked for this again??? Timing and method of this is clumsy - I mean you are in the middle of trying to have us buy new tanks, loot boxes, and trinkets for the new year - why call into question such a significant aspect of the game? Couple this with rumor of removing low tiers and this sounds like a morph to an all premium game. Sitting on my wallet until I see what this looks like.

Edited by AZandEL, Dec 17 2019 - 06:18.

SlappedbyRommel #39 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 08:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11549 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostKRZYBooP, on Dec 16 2019 - 19:30, said:

All new systems for WoT are tested within our Super Test. 

No News on Developers removing Crew members. 

How do you get on this super test who is allowed to be on it?

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #40 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 14:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Dec 17 2019 - 02:38, said:

How do you get on this super test who is allowed to be on it?

To the best of my knowledge, there are no supertester slots outside the RU server

Also tagged with Crew, Crews, Female crew

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users