Jump to content


Crew System Rework in 2020: couple questions.

Crew Crews Female crew

  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #41 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 17:17

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 4795 battles
  • 1,304
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Dec 17 2019 - 01:38, said:


How do you get on this super test who is allowed to be on it?

 

View PostBottomFeedingBOTgarbage, on Dec 17 2019 - 07:52, said:

 

To the best of my knowledge, there are no supertester slots outside the RU server

 

At this TIME it's run only by RU developers, and I have to learn Russian. Now I have many skills but learning a new language is not one of them. 

 

However there is a sandbox, and CT to see the new hot-ness


Edited by KRZYBooP, Dec 17 2019 - 17:17.


BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #42 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 18:58

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 29 battles
  • 782
  • Member since:
    11-21-2019

View PostKRZYBooP, on Dec 17 2019 - 11:17, said:

However there is a sandbox, and CT to see the new hot-Mess

 

FTFY


Edited by BottomFeedingBOTgarbage, Dec 17 2019 - 23:40.


dos_poptarts #43 Posted Dec 17 2019 - 21:54

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 18069 battles
  • 59
  • [ABRAM] ABRAM
  • Member since:
    07-09-2015

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on Dec 16 2019 - 18:06, said:

Sounds like console's crew system i think. Works better (is certain ways) too IMO.

Agree. I liked the console single commander setup much better. 

 

 



ImSoBoredNothingToDoHere #44 Posted Dec 18 2019 - 00:40

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 682 battles
  • 142
  • [FADED] FADED
  • Member since:
    04-16-2018

2. Money we sank into name changes and face changes be lost ?

 

^^^^^ people actually do this? hahahahahhaah wow. ok... go with god my child



UnitG2 #45 Posted Dec 18 2019 - 22:18

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 36818 battles
  • 638
  • Member since:
    04-16-2014

View PostImSoBoredNothingToDoHere, on Dec 17 2019 - 15:40, said:

2. Money we sank into name changes and face changes be lost ?

 

^^^^^ people actually do this? hahahahahhaah wow. ok... go with god my child

 

You seem to be oblivious to the OCD mechanisms built into the game. Its like you never grew up with Barbies™.



Astralite #46 Posted Dec 19 2019 - 01:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 29890 battles
  • 2,008
  • Member since:
    12-24-2013
They better not take my crews, whos gonna die in my KV5 r2d2 then?

xlxSumonaxlx #47 Posted Dec 20 2020 - 13:51

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17071 battles
  • 96
  • [JUDG] JUDG
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012

Honestly.. I think I'll enjoy Crew 2.0

 

If there's one thing that pisses me off it's having to have a dedicated crew for each non premium tank, if I want to play it at max efficiency, otherwise I need to retrain my crew for 600-1200 gold each time.

 

With Crew 2.0, I can assign 1 Commander to THREE different tanks and it'll still work with Premiums. This ALONE has me sold. I've so many tech tree tanks I want to play, but can't because I have no crew for them anymore since they moved up, or I cannot be assed to train new ones and dump books on them which is expensive.

 

As long as each and every single XP that has gone into my crews becomes 1:1 spendable to the new Commanders, I say bring on Crew 2.0

 

I see absolutely no cons here, the only things that really matter are the TANKS themselves when you play them. Crew's are just a prop up for stats..

 

As long as we keep our XP and can reallocate it, and we don't lose the crew skins we have attained, it all seems Foch'n great to me.

 

Only thing that has me curious is how Bunks will be handled and if there'll be some compensation of some sort for the players who've bought up to 500 and so on.


Edited by xlxSumonaxlx, Dec 20 2020 - 13:57.


xlxSumonaxlx #48 Posted Dec 20 2020 - 14:00

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17071 battles
  • 96
  • [JUDG] JUDG
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012

View PostBottomFeedingBOTgarbage, on Dec 16 2019 - 19:30, said:

 

No - it's being dumbed-down

Looks more complicated to me. Commander's literally have their own Tech Trees it looks almost... instead of just picking a perk, leveling, picking a perk, leveling, picking a perk, leveling.. 

 

Seems much less 'dumbed-down' than you're letting on, my guy. :f


Edited by xlxSumonaxlx, Dec 20 2020 - 14:00.


Darntuff #49 Posted Dec 20 2020 - 15:22

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 845 battles
  • 185
  • Member since:
    11-18-2020

View PostxlxSumonaxlx, on Dec 20 2020 - 13:51, said:

With Crew 2.0, I can assign 1 Commander to THREE different tanks and it'll still work with Premiums. This ALONE has me sold. I've so many tech tree tanks I want to play, but can't because I have no crew for them anymore since they moved up, or I cannot be assed to train new ones and dump books on them which is expensive.

 

As long as each and every single XP that has gone into my crews becomes 1:1 spendable to the new Commanders, I say bring on Crew 2.0

 

I see absolutely no cons here, the only things that really matter are the TANKS themselves when you play them. Crew's are just a prop up for stats..

 

As long as we keep our XP and can reallocate it, and we don't lose the crew skins we have attained, it all seems Foch'n great to me.......

 

 

You just made the point TWICE in the same post that veteran players have been making ad nauseum.    You won't, unless you have less than a 5 skill crew.

Anything higher and you'll have excess crew XP you CANNOT apply to that crew - since it's going to have a max of Level 75 - which is the equivalent of a 5 skill crew.

1:1 only means all XP on a crew gets transferred to 1 crew.    It doesn't mean it gets split and used up to make more crews.....

 

Consider this, you have a 7 skill crew in the U.S. Medium line, and there is only 3 tanks in that line you'd even bother to play.   

a)  You don't NEED another crew, the one you got does the job - only way you'd need that crew is to play another U.S. Medium if you have your first one still in battle.    My guess is you got other tanks in other tank lines or nations you will play until that one gets out of battle.

b)  You will not have the same amount of XP transferred over to your new crew - because it's capped at 5 skill equivalent.

c)  There will be new skills/combinations you should have access to immediately following reboot - but you don't - because again your crew got nerfed from the XP perspective.

 

There are a million analogies of why this isn't good.   Here's another one.

You have 30L backpack - one - it holds everything you need it to hold.

Instead someone takes that and gives you a 10L (or 3, it doesn't matter) backpacks.     Good luck getting all that gear you were able to put in a 30L backpack - into one 10L backpack - because you can't.   


Edited by Darntuff, Dec 20 2020 - 15:33.


xlxSumonaxlx #50 Posted Dec 20 2020 - 18:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17071 battles
  • 96
  • [JUDG] JUDG
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012

View PostDarntuff, on Dec 20 2020 - 14:22, said:

 

You just made the point TWICE in the same post that veteran players have been making ad nauseum.    You won't, unless you have less than a 5 skill crew.

Anything higher and you'll have excess crew XP you CANNOT apply to that crew - since it's going to have a max of Level 75 - which is the equivalent of a 5 skill crew.

1:1 only means all XP on a crew gets transferred to 1 crew.    It doesn't mean it gets split and used up to make more crews.....

 

Consider this, you have a 7 skill crew in the U.S. Medium line, and there is only 3 tanks in that line you'd even bother to play.   

a)  You don't NEED another crew, the one you got does the job - only way you'd need that crew is to play another U.S. Medium if you have your first one still in battle.    My guess is you got other tanks in other tank lines or nations you will play until that one gets out of battle.

b)  You will not have the same amount of XP transferred over to your new crew - because it's capped at 5 skill equivalent.

c)  There will be new skills/combinations you should have access to immediately following reboot - but you don't - because again your crew got nerfed from the XP perspective.

 

There are a million analogies of why this isn't good.   Here's another one.

You have 30L backpack - one - it holds everything you need it to hold.

Instead someone takes that and gives you a 10L (or 3, it doesn't matter) backpacks.     Good luck getting all that gear you were able to put in a 30L backpack - into one 10L backpack - because you can't.   

 

I highly doubt they'd force the same crew to eat its own XP.

 

If they do that, then everyone may as well retrain one crew per tank to a different tank then, to divide the collective XP pool prior to the change.

 

It'll probably all be reimbursed as books or whatever new token exchange system they'll use.


Edited by xlxSumonaxlx, Dec 20 2020 - 18:55.






Also tagged with Crew, Crews, Female crew

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users