Suggestions Bladed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

BladedPheonix #1 Posted Dec 18 2019 - 07:23

Major

• Players
  • 43693 battles
  • [KKREW] KKREW

So i found a old tank book titled "tanks of the world 1915-1945" and noticed a few tanks that were pretty neat that currently aren't in game.

I decided to Just make a small list of some tanks I'd like to eventually see added either as tech tree additions or premium tanks, though it is WG so they may never be added.:unsure:

1: Churchill ARVE

So I honestly don't know why WG haven't added this one already, its just a cool tank. basically its a British Churchill with a 290mm petard "spigot". Think kv2 but with shorter range. 

2:  Vickers Mg carrier

Now granted the bren-carrier is a tanket, but we already have the AT version in game, why not have a Mg version. it would perform simular to the Light mk.VIC or panzer 1c but would be a bit slower and less armored, but have slightly better penatration.

3: Cruiser tank Grizzly mk1

So since the American tech tree has the ram 2, maybe we could add the Grizzly mk1 to the British tech tree? (then again, do we really need more Shermans? we have like what? 10 versions now?)

4: Light tank mk. VIII "Harry Hopkins"

so this tank was a an atempt to be an upgrade of the tetarch with sloped armor, a better engines and other features.

crew: 3

armor 6-38mm

max speed 30mph

2 pounder gun with little john adapter

wiki link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_Tank_Mk_VIII

5: cruiser tank MK. VII Cavalier or the Cruiser tank  Mk. VIII Centaur

so what if you could have a cromwell at tier 5? well these could make that possible. granted they'd have to be nerfed a bit, but it be really fun zipping around the map in these fast mediums. the centaur also has a 95mm howister so you can get in on some derpage action!

BONUS!!

6: Polish/UK Firefly

So I own the Rudy premium tank and I like the gimmic of being able to switch nations and train different crews.(plus the T34-85s just a nice all round tank) Perhaps WG could make a new one featuring the Polish armored div that used British Fireflies?

anyways, I hope you enjoyed the list.  please feel free to comment or discuss below.

until next time!:honoring:

KidK #2 Posted Dec 18 2019 - 07:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45121 battles
  • [R-O-C] R-O-C

The Harry Hopkins is the Russian Tettarch and it's in the game already!  So don't think war gaming will add it.  But then you never know till you ask :)

Edited by KidK, Dec 18 2019 - 07:48.

Anlushac11 #3 Posted Dec 18 2019 - 07:56

Major

• Players
  • 40264 battles

View PostKidK, on Dec 18 2019 - 01:46, said:

The Harry Hopkins is the Russian Tettarch and it's in the game already!  So don't think war gaming will add it.  But then you never know till you ask :)

Not exactly. The Tetrarch and Harry Hopkins were two different vehicles. the Harry Hopkins was a later improved version. The problem is the Harry Hopkins does not offer anything of an improvement in game over the Tetrarch. The Harry Hopkins was longer, wider, taller, with same engine, same gun, slightly thicker armor with max at 38mm. compared to Tetrarch's 14mm. IMHO there isnt enough difference between the two vehicles in game.

Anlushac11 #4 Posted Dec 18 2019 - 08:11

Major

• Players
  • 40264 battles

View PostBladedPheonix, on Dec 18 2019 - 01:23, said:

So i found a old tank book titled "tanks of the world 1915-1945" and noticed a few tanks that were pretty neat that currently aren't in game.

I decided to Just make a small list of some tanks I'd like to eventually see added either as tech tree additions or premium tanks, though it is WG so they may never be added.:unsure:

1: Churchill ARVE

So I honestly don't know why WG haven't added this one already, its just a cool tank. basically its a British Churchill with a 290mm petard "spigot". Think kv2 but with shorter range. 

2:  Vickers Mg carrier

Now granted the bren-carrier is a tanket, but we already have the AT version in game, why not have a Mg version. it would perform simular to the Light mk.VIC or panzer 1c but would be a bit slower and less armored, but have slightly better penatration.

3: Cruiser tank Grizzly mk1

So since the American tech tree has the ram 2, maybe we could add the Grizzly mk1 to the British tech tree? (then again, do we really need more Shermans? we have like what? 10 versions now?)

4: Light tank mk. VIII "Harry Hopkins"

so this tank was a an atempt to be an upgrade of the tetarch with sloped armor, a better engines and other features.

crew: 3

armor 6-38mm

max speed 30mph

2 pounder gun with little john adapter

wiki link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_Tank_Mk_VIII

5: cruiser tank MK. VII Cavalier or the Cruiser tank  Mk. VIII Centaur

so what if you could have a cromwell at tier 5? well these could make that possible. granted they'd have to be nerfed a bit, but it be really fun zipping around the map in these fast mediums. the centaur also has a 95mm howister so you can get in on some derpage action!

BONUS!!

6: Polish/UK Firefly

So I own the Rudy premium tank and I like the gimmic of being able to switch nations and train different crews.(plus the T34-85s just a nice all round tank) Perhaps WG could make a new one featuring the Polish armored div that used British Fireflies?

anyways, I hope you enjoyed the list.  please feel free to comment or discuss below.

until next time!:honoring:

Churchill AVRE. No, The 290mm gun would have too short a range and be wildly inaccurate in game. You would have a better chance IMHO with a Churchill MkVIII with the 95mm howitzer and some HE and shaped charges or HESH rounds.

I would love to see a tier 5 Cavalier with 6lbr gun and Nuffield Liberty engine. I have often felt that the Cromwell is misplaced at tier 6. The Cromwell was the British counterpart to the Sherman while the Comet should have been the counterpart to the E8 Sherman and T-34/85.

No to Grizzly. Its just a Canadian Sherman M4A1 with Canadian pitch track and a slightly different drive sprocket. Since there are now multiple premium Shermans WG should move Ram to its proper place in Commonwealth tech tree. It has no business in US tree.

Dual crew premium Firefly would be cool.

KidK #5 Posted Dec 18 2019 - 08:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45121 battles
  • [R-O-C] R-O-C
That Churchill with the 290mm would be fun to see :teethhappy:

Also tagged with Suggestions, Bladed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users