suggestion new server

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Death_By_RuRu #1 Posted Dec 20 2019 - 14:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 49911 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

This is just a suggestion, please don't kick my face for posting.

Idea: Wargaming should start a new game zone (Like NA, Europe, etc.) where:

1. Only real built tanks should be enabled (reduce the tech tree to actual used tanks by the countries)

2. Mods are disabled in battle (no xvm, no fog removal, no damage counter, no MoE couner, etc.)

3. No premium tanks for sale (that way no one can skip up to tier 8 from the beginning)

4. Premium account is allowed (shared with the other servers like it is right now, that way if you 

5. Wargaming can sell and reward with tank skins, crew skins, special voice over (or rental versions at a discounted price, that way people will have to pay regularly)

6. Only T+1 battles for everyone (you get to play a max of 1 tier in your tank, you have a tier 7? your max level battle is tier 8)

What's the point of this? Launch the server for two months, compare player response against the current server (NA server in my case) and see which one is played the most. See if it is profitable with sales of "no pay to win" stuff. If things work, you have an alternative way of income and you would have listened to your player's requests, if not, you just shut it down and no harm was done.

If anyone likes the idea, please help me make this topic hot, share with your friends.

VooDooKobra #2 Posted Dec 20 2019 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 10150 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

1. game would get boring fast with almost no content

2. xvm i can go with byut why block things that have no bearing on a battle?  nothing wrong with cosmetic skins

3. so with no income how do they keep the game going?  

4. i like the wot premium account and the benefits.  i get more from it now than i used to

5. how many would actually want to pay for that when they complain about getting it for nothing?

6. how do they take pref MM tanks into consideration?  what do i get for a benefit of my tank being nerfed?  

Death_By_RuRu #3 Posted Dec 20 2019 - 15:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 49911 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostVooDooKobra, on Dec 20 2019 - 09:00, said:

1. game would get boring fast with almost no content

2. xvm i can go with byut why block things that have no bearing on a battle?  nothing wrong with cosmetic skins

3. so with no income how do they keep the game going?  

4. i like the wot premium account and the benefits.  i get more from it now than i used to

5. how many would actually want to pay for that when they complain about getting it for nothing?

6. how do they take pref MM tanks into consideration?  what do i get for a benefit of my tank being nerfed?  

Well, I guess you are one of the ones who wouldn't play, great for you, keep playing fantasy tanks, that's ok with me. Many people would find it more fun to play something closer to reality. And no, there is no need to take pref. MM tanks into consideration since there are no premium tanks. As I said, I just think that Wargaming could launch this server to see if they are taking the game in the right direction. Fantasy tanks vs reality tanks?

Steeljaw_MajT #4 Posted Dec 20 2019 - 15:19

Major

• Players
  • 19100 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
I haven't seen a great clamor for this.  What is the basis of your statement "Many people would find it more fun..."?

_Kradok_ #5 Posted Dec 20 2019 - 17:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 34276 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostBedoya, on Dec 20 2019 - 09:10, said:

Well, I guess you are one of the ones who wouldn't play, great for you, keep playing fantasy tanks, that's ok with me. Many people would find it more fun to play something closer to reality. And no, there is no need to take pref. MM tanks into consideration since there are no premium tanks. As I said, I just think that Wargaming could launch this server to see if they are taking the game in the right direction. Fantasy tanks vs reality tanks?

Why does WG have to launch it?  Why don't YOU launch it?  I mean, you're all-knowing already by offering this 'suggestion' of yours...  So instead of helping a successful video game company to be MORE successful... YOU do it.  You obviously don't like a lot of what WoT has to offer, so make your own damn game.  Write the code, do the research, market the product, then literally generate revenue to feed hundreds of people around the world for over ten years and then maybe you'll be lucky enough to have a future version of you tell you where you went wrong?

Good luck, I see great things ahead for you!

Edit*   - You didn't get your face kicked in for your original post, but your snarky response.....well, nevermind, you stated in your original post to set up a server and shut it down if it wasn't popular, and what would be the harm...  THIS shows your immaturity.  the HARM would be thousands of dollars and man hours spent developing something for what is tantamount to a "what if".  Seriously...  stop.

Edited by _Kradok_, Dec 20 2019 - 17:37.

Liebenstein #6 Posted Dec 20 2019 - 18:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 69416 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

I like the idea. My first love of this game was the real mass produced WWII tanks.

My first disappointment was the fake upgrades: Tiger I with 88 L/71

Panther with 75 L/100 Telephone Pole

M18 Hellcat with 90mm ???

Then there was Russian bias, blueprint, napkin, fake and fantasy tanks.

The game jumped the shark years ago. I still love it and adapt to every new change and play every new mode  although many times looking the other way.

When I need something resembling a historical WWII feel I play tiers II thru VI.

Edited by Liebenstein, Dec 20 2019 - 18:20.

VooDooKobra #7 Posted Dec 21 2019 - 05:17

Major

• Players
  • 10150 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostBedoya, on Dec 20 2019 - 07:10, said:

With the exception of a few that would check it out, i doubt your idea would really go very far

1.  people like the bonuses premium tanks give to xp and credits so you would lose people when the grind becomes too much

2.  having less content would still get boring fast and you would have trouble keeping people who like having lots of tanks

3. you will lose the guys who hate playing vanilla and like having choices

4. if you are going to get rid of a large chunk of the tanks and still go +/-1 you will be seeing a lot of the same tanks over and over.  this will become boring fast and you will lose those players.  its like in frontlines you see the same things every game unless someone is grinding something

5.  the population would more than likely not support both for long, unless it was a limited event

saxplayer79 #8 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 07:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 60012 battles
  • [GZ_C] GZ_C

I think it would be nice if WG allowed us to gift vehicles, credits, crewmen, and consumables to members within our clans. Is there a way to do this currently?

bequeath my vehicles/credits/gold/and crews to my friends/clan members?

Also tagged with suggestion, new server

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users