High Explosive , Not Low Explosive

HE Damage NERF No Fun Allowed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: High Explosive, how should it function? (16 members have cast votes)

Does HE really need a Nerf?

1. Yes (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. No (12 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

3. I am unsure (1 vote [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Which Ammo Set up looks better?

1. Standard AP/APCR Medium DMG Medium Pen/ Premium High Pen Low DMG/ HE HIgh Damage Low Pen (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. Standard AP/APCR Above-Medium DMG Medium Pen/ Premium High Pen Medium DMG/ HE Low Damage No Pen (1 vote [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Just Nerf Premium DMG don't touch anything else (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Unsure/suggestion (4 votes [25.00%])

Is fun allowed in this game?

1. No, only play russian meta tanks and load heat (4 votes [25.00%])

2. Yes, Derp around, maybe one shot somebody, or don't/Play what you want (12 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

SenHai #1 Posted Dec 22 2019 - 05:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18514 battles

So I saw the Developer diaries and something I noticed was they discussed the ammo changes as if they were set in stone. They say they are still working on HE, but certain things said and shown make me think they are done.

I already do not like the idea of Nerfing HE, I feel like its a fun ammunition type that really make certain vehicles special. I feel like making HE so weak will honest lower the amount of vehicles played even further, alienate players more than they already do, and make the game more stagnate.

I have been playing this game for 8 years, I am average at best. I don't play this game for stats, or competitiveness, but because I enjoy the game. I don't really play meta tanks, and just go for what I like. Even though I am complaining about HE Nerfs, I don't have a KV-2. I do have the entire Japanese Heavy line, and I was a bit miffed about the gun change, I don't think the standard HE damage needed a Nerf, just that cancerous premium.

I just want to know what everyone else thinks, I hope I am not immediately dismissed like I was on the Discord server, but that maybe what I have to say can actually be seen and understood. Let me tell you, HE has never been as big a problem in this game as Premium Ammo has. And Wargaming doesn't look like they want to fix the real issues.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #2 Posted Dec 22 2019 - 07:19

Captain

• Players
  • 30611 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Its funny cause nerfing he will make it better for low pen shells that hardly do any damage at all. However it will be way worse/ less damage for those big guns that do lots of damage. So it might end up being used more and be even more effective. So instead of doing 10 dmg because of armor it will end up doing hundreds.

SenHai #3 Posted Dec 22 2019 - 08:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18514 battles
The biggest problem I have with it is how it affect the big guns. Some tanks rely on those Big HE shells. Now those long reload are not worth the pitiful damage. Which is why I fear its just going to make certain tanks unusable.

Hornet_Legion #4 Posted Dec 24 2019 - 11:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37922 battles

they need to bring wheelie and high tier light tank HE penetration into line. 100 mm penetration of high explosive for a 100mm gun seems odd.

they should also consider high caliber HE for direct fire to have a stun effect.

for apcr to have low damage ? yes

for HEAT to have low damage? no

APCR under the new physics should have its normalization rebuffed when impacting armor so that it pens as reliable as ap but with less damage due to smaller payload.

for arty to have a normal round with stun but with a special round with no stun is ridiculous. how exactly can wargames reason real world physics into explaining how a round that is so powerful that its blast radius is greater but has not stun while a less powerful round has stun with smaller blast radius.

there needs to be precedence to explain that this is a historical ammunition characteristic. I can see lower yield regular ammo, high yield special, and an ap or HEAT load. but both high explosive rounds should have stun effect

Edited by ARC_Hornet, Dec 24 2019 - 11:48.

M1A2_Tank_Commander #5 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 18:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 37219 battles
  • [CRZYT] CRZYT
HE rounds suck in this game. They did not work like this in real life and should not be in the game. Why not just have HE rounds, get rid of armor and lets just wear down the hit points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users