My Two Cents On Day 25 Of The Advent Event (-VK 75.01(K)-)

Advent Calendar VK 75.01(K) 2020 Gold Premium In-game Currency WG Wargaming Worth It?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

blackhawk123 #1 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 21:12

Private

• Players
  • 14269 battles
  • [AWFP] AWFP

I was originally going to post this as a reply, but began to change my mind as I wrote on.

I'm not a big fan of this tank(VK 75.01), but to see WG deviate from cash and gold purchase options to just a cash purchase option on the last day of the event definitely raises an eyebrow for me. 

Paying cash for something is straight forward enough, but to take away the gold option, an option in which people have already paid money to WG, gives me the heavy impression that gold is a joke. 

If you can't use premium in-game currency for all premium in-game items, then the premium in-game currency is pretty much worthless, or has very specific uses.

What we are essentially seeing here is WG saying, "Give us your money and we'll give you our "money," but we decide where and how you spend that money."

Even though I wasn't interested in obtaining the VK, seeing this last minute switch and the implications of that switch compelled me to write this. After this event I will definitely have a negative disposition towards any/all offers that include gold, whether on it's own, or as part of a bundle. 

I don't regret my purchases, but seeing this has made me consider the whether or not to make any further purchases from WG.

Thanks for reading.

Silversound #2 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 21:18

Major

• Players
  • 39542 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Far better things in life to worry about.

Lapdog1 #3 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 9047 battles

This could make a great argument for Pay to Win. 

In before forum sycophants rip the tank....

omi5cron #4 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 25193 battles
i also think this was the way it went last year. the xmas day tank that was up for a week was cash only. was that the Caern AX? im not sure.

WaywardChild #5 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 21:23

Captain

• Players
  • 40521 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Yes, I agree with you. Buying with Game Gold should be an option for all purchases. 

Diacom #6 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 22:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31894 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

View Postomi5cron, on Dec 25 2019 - 13:19, said:

i also think this was the way it went last year. the xmas day tank that was up for a week was cash only. was that the Caern AX? im not sure.

Not exactly.  The Caren AX was up for Gold as originally intended.  Then as a bait and switch, after folks had purchased X-mas boxes and opened them for the gold and such, they changed the price to Cash purchase only unless you happened to be one of those who logged on w/in the first 15min of that daily sale and managed to make the purchase for gold.

This whole issue, along with other non-consistent changes made last year helped me to decide not to spend a further dime on this game as they have continued with the same trends.

JakeTheMystic #7 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 23:49

Major

• Players
  • 25226 battles
  • [DAKII] DAKII

View PostDiacom, on Dec 25 2019 - 12:22, said:

Not exactly.  The Caren AX was up for Gold as originally intended.  Then as a bait and switch, after folks had purchased X-mas boxes and opened them for the gold and such, they changed the price to Cash purchase only unless you happened to be one of those who logged on w/in the first 15min of that daily sale and managed to make the purchase for gold.

This whole issue, along with other non-consistent changes made last year helped me to decide not to spend a further dime on this game as they have continued with the same trends.

You've got it partially correct; Pretty much anyone who logged in the first day regardless of time was able to buy the tank with gold - they just needed to contact support and they would "trade" gold on your account for the tank. It was because the article originally said the tank was going to be available for purchase in game but when the server restarted it was only available for real $$$, so they retracted the article and replaced it. 

Avalon304 #8 Posted Dec 26 2019 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 24792 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postblackhawk123, on Dec 25 2019 - 13:12, said:

but to see WG deviate from cash and gold purchase options to just a cash purchase option on the last day of the event definitely raises an eyebrow for me. 

It was like this last year, excpet for people who caught the deal on the first day due to a WG mistake. If you didnt, you could only buy the CaerX last year with cash as well. This isnt a deviation.

Diacom #9 Posted Dec 26 2019 - 07:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31894 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Dec 25 2019 - 15:49, said:

You've got it partially correct; Pretty much anyone who logged in the first day regardless of time was able to buy the tank with gold - they just needed to contact support and they would "trade" gold on your account for the tank. It was because the article originally said the tank was going to be available for purchase in game but when the server restarted it was only available for real $$$, so they retracted the article and replaced it. 

Odd, as I did log in Christmas day last year and found the tank for sale for cash instead, so I felt cheated and logged knowing that WG did not have the staff to do anything about it on that day.  And it was sold for gold briefly.  The following day I sent in a ticket asking to have the above deal pushed through and spent the next several days back and forth with support basically being told that I was SOL for not sending in the ticket the same day even though at that time there was no indication doing so would see the exchange go through.

It was not until the following day here on the forums that it was indicated as such, but that it was too late. This was later on in the day after sending in my request.

I still see it as a bait and switch, thus compiled with the other issues that have come to light during the year, my play time has dropped to near zilch.  The 2020 preview even reinforces my choice.  As such, WG hasn't received any of my usual funds spent this year vs previous years.

JakeTheMystic #10 Posted Dec 26 2019 - 09:43

Major

• Players
  • 25226 battles
  • [DAKII] DAKII

View PostDiacom, on Dec 25 2019 - 21:17, said:

Odd, as I did log in Christmas day last year and found the tank for sale for cash instead, so I felt cheated and logged knowing that WG did not have the staff to do anything about it on that day.  And it was sold for gold briefly.  The following day I sent in a ticket asking to have the above deal pushed through and spent the next several days back and forth with support basically being told that I was SOL for not sending in the ticket the same day even though at that time there was no indication doing so would see the exchange go through.

It was not until the following day here on the forums that it was indicated as such, but that it was too late. This was later on in the day after sending in my request.

I still see it as a bait and switch, thus compiled with the other issues that have come to light during the year, my play time has dropped to near zilch.  The 2020 preview even reinforces my choice.  As such, WG hasn't received any of my usual funds spent this year vs previous years.

Ah thats right, the ticket had to be in by midnight to get the tank. I remember sending in mine something like 10 minutes before midnight and they simply checked the time I sent it in and gave me the pass. 

But for sure it was bait and switch, which is what a lot of WGs marketing decisions can be labeled as. 

CaptainBussey #11 Posted Dec 26 2019 - 14:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7196 battles
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Dec 26 2019 - 02:43, said:

Ah thats right, the ticket had to be in by midnight to get the tank. I remember sending in mine something like 10 minutes before midnight and they simply checked the time I sent it in and gave me the pass. 

But for sure it was bait and switch, which is what a lot of WGs marketing decisions can be labeled as. 

Man you need to be careful, you are definitely on this ice. Accusing WG of "Bait and Switch" is negative and that goes against the idea of them being divine.

Soon the forum mouthpieces will come out and attack you.

Kliphie #12 Posted Dec 26 2019 - 15:01

Major

• Players
  • 34014 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostCaptainBussey, on Dec 26 2019 - 07:47, said:

Man you need to be careful, you are definitely on this ice. Accusing WG of "Bait and Switch" is negative and that goes against the idea of them being divine.

Soon the forum mouthpieces will come out and attack you.

As he's speaking truth on the matter and not gobbledygook, I doubt it.  

Zuikakoo #13 Posted Dec 26 2019 - 15:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 23415 battles
Well its a bit of a frustration given that I now I honestly have more gold than I have any of even the most remote concept of spending and frustratingly little to spend it on.   The Gold tanks in the tech tree are all ancient and power crept into irrelevance with a few exceptions I already bought with LAST years gold.

Bonfor #14 Posted Dec 26 2019 - 17:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1045 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
I think a lot of frustration over this offer would have been avoided if WG had done 2 things...the first being better communication, as they implied that the tank was going to be something special, not just "rare" because it's "rarely seen" in battle because it's mediocre at best...maybe it's a translation issue going from Russian to English.  The second thing they could have done is to use the reservation system like they did in the Tank Festival, where you could reserve up to 3 tanks from the daily sales in game and then decide at the end of the event which tanks you really wanted to buy with gold.  Some held onto their gold to see what the last special tank was for the advent calendar, only to find a mediocre tank available for cash only, and now can't go back and spend the gold on any prior offers.

largeelvis #15 Posted Dec 26 2019 - 18:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21221 battles
They don't give a crapabout NA, period. At this point in the games life cycle, that isn't going to change.

Diacom #16 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 07:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31894 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

View PostBonfor, on Dec 26 2019 - 09:07, said:

I think a lot of frustration over this offer would have been avoided if WG had done 2 things...the first being better communication, as they implied that the tank was going to be something special, not just "rare" because it's "rarely seen" in battle because it's mediocre at best...maybe it's a translation issue going from Russian to English.  The second thing they could have done is to use the reservation system like they did in the Tank Festival, where you could reserve up to 3 tanks from the daily sales in game and then decide at the end of the event which tanks you really wanted to buy with gold.  Some held onto their gold to see what the last special tank was for the advent calendar, only to find a mediocre tank available for cash only, and now can't go back and spend the gold on any prior offers.

WG is known for one thing besides the games themselves and that is they do not communicate to the player base in a timely fashion in any way at all.  Even with a monthly calendar, their own news site and the forums not to mention the in game comms.  None of it is used to communicate anything prior as far as sales/discounts/events and or changes in a sensible way.  So to suggest that they could have used this as a way to avoid the frustration is laughable at best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users