• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

nosreborg #21 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 03:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23556 battles
  • [2BEI] 2BEI

View PostBrown_Fox, on Dec 27 2019 - 08:27, said:

How do you know they have 5 skilled crew?   The game has enough strategy that you can play well with, without having a 3-4 skilled crew.  The game is more about decision making

More like 8 skills.  :playing:

noupperlobeman #22 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 03:57

Major

• Players
  • 19199 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

I don’t play anything under tier 5 anymore unless there’s some really good tanks in the tree. It’s not worth your sanity to play 1-4. Especially in the lots of the newer lines where the lower tiers are true crapboxes. 

Open your wallet or save your free xp.

noupperlobeman #23 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 04:00

Major

• Players
  • 19199 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View Postcomradekillshot, on Dec 27 2019 - 10:38, said:

Out of all the things I see people complain about, this is by far the worst. I also feel like it is easily overlooked by the vast majority of players because we are all grinding mostly higher tiers. Complain about wheelies and arty and xvm all you want but the horrific endeavor of low tier play is the biggest killer of a new player base.

2 recent events helped me uncover this

1. Me grinding out all the tanks tier 5 and lower
  2. A specific you tuber making a review on the game

I recently grinded out all the low tier tanks across all the nations to increase my universal blue print fragment chance. I have over 20k battles and a good understanding of how to play, but trying to grind through these low tiers was awful, even for me. I was constantly seal clubbed by 5 crew OP tanks. Yeah I got good ranks and wins but I was at a HUGE disadvantage with my 60% crew and stock tier 3 tank. If I was a new player and had very little understanding of this game I would have quit after the first 30 or so battles. This evidence seems to be supported by said youtuber attempting to play the game for the first time.

In conclusion we drastically need to do something for new players to get them out of this situation. For myself, on all my tier 2s and 3s I went over to the SA server and fought bots and it was a LOT better. Perhaps we let new players fight bots and each other and force experienced players to play each other. Also, crew members matter. New players may very well get a 100% crew but you grind out your first tier 1 in less than a dozen games. After this if you move up a tier your crew gets dropped right back down to useless. New players should be able to select a tier 10 they want to grind for and be given 100% crew members up to a decent tier, say 5 for example. 

And I already know there is the question of how that is going to be raised. My answer to that would be a formulation of battle total and battle effectiveness. If you have 100 battles but finish top on your team every time we can safely assume your account is a reroll or you have experience playing this game. 

Which YouTuber?

Silisquish #24 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 05:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1559 battles

View PostJoe_WireShark, on Dec 27 2019 - 11:07, said:

also, you shouldnt be able to buy a tier 8 premium and join a battle with experienced players. 

Well, looks like I've found something about WoT that is similar to WoWS: this weird idea that new players shouldn't be able to buy the most valuable premium vehicles they can get ( "buy things from the tiers you play right now" is the usual advice)

A player that does proper research and buys a good T8 will get far more use out of it than its equivalent cost in lower tier premiums (unless you buy a mid tier that's known to be really fun like the Type 64 for example, and even then it's more practical to get a T8 for credit farming). In both WoWS and WoT I've made the mistake of buying trash low/mid tier premiums and wasting my money, but I've never bought a T8 and then regretted it.

The first T8 I bought in World of Warships, I wasn't very good at playing it at first. I was one of those players that "shouldn't" have bought it because I didn't even have any tech tree line T8s yet so I didn't know the meta or the maps. But at some point I figured out how the ship was meant to be played and it just clicked, and I had fun in her playing good games. This makes perfect sense as the ship was well reviewed; no one had anything bad to say about her.

Having a newb in a T8 that hasn't mastered the tank yet sucks for other players in their team since their winrate will be low; that is one valid argument for banning newbs from buying T8 premiums, but it is a weak one.

A weak one, especially in this game where you may have a limited amount of time to purchase a T8 (and also let's be real; WG will never do this - they might lose money). Also, not every new player who buys a T8 will immediately play it all the time; some will play the game more and start using it once they start getting similar tech line tanks of that tier. Also, I am talking about players who do proper research on what they want and how the tank plays,even how good it is at credit farming, before buying their T8s which cost about as much as a game on Steam. Obviously someone who randomly gets the first T8 they see is probably going to regret it and feel cheated.

Edited by Silisquish, Dec 28 2019 - 05:11.

Silisquish #25 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 05:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1559 battles

View Postnoupperlobeman, on Dec 27 2019 - 22:00, said:

Which YouTuber?

I believe QuickyBaby and he's doing it on his Twitch channel. For example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/526569344

Maybe others are doing it but I don't follow a lot of WoT youtubers and mostly pay attentio to him and DezGamez

Edited by Silisquish, Dec 28 2019 - 05:09.

noupperlobeman #26 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 05:27

Major

• Players
  • 19199 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostSilisquish, on Dec 27 2019 - 23:01, said:

Well, looks like I've found something about WoT that is similar to WoWS: this weird idea that new players shouldn't be able to buy the most valuable premium vehicles they can get ( "buy things from the tiers you play right now" is the usual advice)

A player that does proper research and buys a good T8 will get far more use out of it than its equivalent cost in lower tier premiums (unless you buy a mid tier that's known to be really fun like the Type 64 for example, and even then it's more practical to get a T8 for credit farming). In both WoWS and WoT I've made the mistake of buying trash low/mid tier premiums and wasting my money, but I've never bought a T8 and then regretted it.

The first T8 I bought in World of Warships, I wasn't very good at playing it at first. I was one of those players that "shouldn't" have bought it because I didn't even have any tech tree line T8s yet so I didn't know the meta or the maps. But at some point I figured out how the ship was meant to be played and it just clicked, and I had fun in her playing good games. This makes perfect sense as the ship was well reviewed; no one had anything bad to say about her.

Having a newb in a T8 that hasn't mastered the tank yet sucks for other players in their team since their winrate will be low; that is one valid argument for banning newbs from buying T8 premiums, but it is a weak one.

A weak one, especially in this game where you may have a limited amount of time to purchase a T8 (and also let's be real; WG will never do this - they might lose money). Also, not every new player who buys a T8 will immediately play it all the time; some will play the game more and start using it once they start getting similar tech line tanks of that tier. Also, I am talking about players who do proper research on what they want and how the tank plays,even how good it is at credit farming, before buying their T8s which cost about as much as a game on Steam. Obviously someone who randomly gets the first T8 they see is probably going to regret it and feel cheated.

I think the argument that guy posited is [edited]. 

1. It’s not in WG’s best interest to tell people what they shouldn’t buy.  They are a business first and foremost. They’re not going to stop selling tanks to newbies because some forum nobody got his feelings hurt one game. 

2. The jump to tier 8 isn’t this jarring eye opening experience that can only be handled after several thousand games. After your first dozen battles or so you either get the game, or you don’t. There’s no magical amount of battles that suddenly makes someone “ready” to move up. 

3. If new players in high tier tanks is ruining your gaming experience that frequently you’re terrible at the game and extremely unlucky. It’s not a frequent occurrence and anyone who’s not terrible can handle it. 

Net nannies like the guy who submitted that idea are among the people who are actually ruining the game by gatekeeping everyone else. 

AllieOop2 #27 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 06:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View Postnoupperlobeman, on Dec 28 2019 - 04:00, said:

Which YouTuber?

PewDiePie idiot I think.

Korvick #28 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 07:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2781 battles

Campaign progress requires Tier 4+ tanks.  So that's where I drew the line.  I certainly enjoy the game more at mid tiers than I do anything 8+

If I have a lot of games at the mid tiers I really get irritated at the implication that I'm somehow a seal clubber.  So somehow a person with 8 skill crews in their IS4 smashing over a newly arrived Tier 10 player in a brand new E100 with straight 100% crew is morally better?  Was it good for you too?

The game is open for all tiers.  Play them.

Also tagged with low, tier, game, play, blows

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users