WOT Weekly Michael Lovan Steven Amy

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

I_AM_Lucifer #1 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 12:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6175 battles
  • [DRKLN] DRKLN

WoT Weekly's last video ended this week.

I bet the cost of hiring PewDiePie was so large, they fired 3 people whom did the WOT Weekly videos.  This is pretty much right after Christmas, after figuring in all the sales, I'm guessing. New information has come to my attention that Michael Lovan, Steven, and Amy has parted from WG due to being unable to relocate for personal reasons.  They was not fired. Michael Lovan explains on this post: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/617775-we-lost-michael-lovan-steven-and-amy/page__st__60__pid__12361206#entry12361206

I really loved Meathead and I was just starting to love Michael Lovan!  Even during the period of 4 months which I had no internet service that would allow me to play games, I watched The WOT Weekly videos to keep informed about events going on in World of Tanks.  I really enjoyed watching those videos.

I strongly feel the loss of WOT Weekly is going to decrease the amount of newcomers to the game.  WOT Weekly is the advertisement for World of Tanks that helped newcomers get to know about events and things happening in World of Tanks.  Removing WOT Weekly is just like telling newcomers that World of Tanks is ending.  When newcomers continue to watch WOT Weekly, they would eventually download the game and play.  That is how my friends whom now play World of Tanks told me that the constant videos created interest into playing the game and reason they downloaded it.  Losing WOT Weekly is a big loss for the whole community of World of Tanks!

The bad thing about hiring PewDiePie was and IS horrible in how he made the game look to outsiders.  He kept dying!  This might be a good advertisement to those whom want to play hard to play games, but the majority of people will be turned off by this type of advertisement.  I understand World of Tanks wanting to appeal to new players, but a better setup would have displayed the best side of World of Tanks. CLANS!

A beginning player should never be encouraged to play higher tier tanking games at first start by themselves, otherwise they play against some really good players and will die so much.  After so many deaths, they'll most likely leave the game, unless they are driven by something internal.  After watching PewDiePie die so much, some of my friends whom I was trying to get into the game decided they lost interest.  I didn't expect World of Tanks to go behind my back and have PewDiePie post such a video!

They should have had PewDiePie join a clan first to show the better aspects of World of Tanks.  Being in a clan helps improve your gaming experience by having others help you learn the game and creates a social environment that nurtures the player.  I strongly feel that the clan experience is what helps improve the World of Tanks experience.  If they create another advertisement with another big player on YouTube, they should focus on them joining a clan first.  Show how clan players help each other in platoons and Strongholds.  Show there is a community of people they can connect with.  Everyone wants to feel needed and being in a clan will help encourage players to play more, even if they die multiple times.  There are multiple ways to communicate:  in game text, in game headset, Teamspeak 3, and mumble to name a few.  If you want good advertisement for a game, show them there are people here willing to help them win battles!

To World of Tanks: Rehire Michael Lovan, Steven, and Amy to continue to work remotely.  What reasons do they need to be centralized?  Is it a California law or something that has caused this issue?

To World of Tanks: Please request PewDiePie to do one last video of him playing with a clan via his Headset!  This will give a really good reason for players to want to play World of Tanks: Connection and Meaningfulness!  Or find another big gamer YouTube star to play with a clan in World of Tanks using a headset to communicate!

Thank you all for reading my post!

Edit 12/28/2019 - 1:52PM CST:

From my post later in this thread:

According to https://www.noxinfluencer.com/youtube/channel-calculator?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FPewDiePie Est. Potential Earnings[Each Video] $136,571.

So, World of Tanks paid PewDiePie at least $136,571 to make the video.

Edit 12/28/2019 - 2:24PM CST:

Not only are we losing Michael Lovan, but also Steven and Amy whom helped create WOT Weekly.

Edit 12/28/2019 - 2:50PM CST:

PewDiePie's video we are talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP0MSIfrhHg&t=203s

World of Tanks Weekly #148: The Last WoT Weekly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3X2-ZYGqM&t=363s

Michael Lovan's Goodbye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvvNSAi7X6o&t=328s

Edited by I_AM_Lucifer, Dec 29 2019 - 10:11.

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 12:41

Major

• Players
  • 44570 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
WGEU spend so much on marketing WGNA had to fire its employees?

MagillaGuerilla #3 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 13:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 26040 battles
I thought that video was produced by War Thunder to show how crappy WOT can be for new players.

omi5cron #4 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 13:37

Major

• Players
  • 25193 battles

"costed" ???

CynicalDutchie #5 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 13:44

Major

• Players
  • 44570 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Dec 28 2019 - 13:35, said:

I thought that video was produced by War Thunder to show how crappy WOT can be for new players.

Not like WT is much better.

jamesdoz #6 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 13:46

Major

• Players
  • 40209 battles

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Dec 28 2019 - 06:41, said:

WGEU spend so much on marketing WGNA had to fire its employees?

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Dec 28 2019 - 07:35, said:

View Postomi5cron, on Dec 28 2019 - 07:37, said:

"costed" ???

Each Post made me Laugh a little more.

jamesdoz #7 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 13:47

Major

• Players
  • 40209 battles

View PostI_AM_Lucifer, on Dec 28 2019 - 06:22, said:

I bet the cost of hiring PewDiePie was so large, they fired 3 people whom did the WOT Weekly videos.  This is pretty much right after Christmas, after figuring in all the sales, I'm guessing.

I really loved Meathead and I was just starting to love Michael Lovan!  Even during the period of 4 months which I had no internet service that would allow me to play games, I watched The WOT Weekly videos to keep informed about events going on in World of Tanks.  I really enjoyed watching those videos.

I strongly feel the loss of WOT Weekly is going to decrease the amount of newcomers to the game.  WOT Weekly is the advertisement for World of Tanks that helped newcomers get to know about events and things happening in World of Tanks.  Removing WOT Weekly is just like telling newcomers that World of Tanks is ending.  When newcomers continue to watch WOT Weekly, they would eventually download the game and play.  That is how my friends whom now play World of Tanks told me that the constant videos created interest into playing the game and reason they downloaded it.  Losing WOT Weekly is a big loss for the whole community of World of Tanks!

The bad thing about hiring PewDiePie was and IS horrible in how he made the game look to outsiders.  He kept dying!  This might be a good advertisement to those whom want to play hard to play games, but the majority of people will be turned off by this type of advertisement.  I understand World of Tanks wanting to appeal to new players, but a better setup would have displayed the best side of World of Tanks. CLANS!

A beginning player should never be encouraged to play higher tier tanking games at first start by themselves, otherwise they play against some really good players and will die so much.  After so many deaths, they'll most likely leave the game, unless they are driven by something internal.  After watching PewDiePie die so much, some of my friends whom I was trying to get into the game decided they lost interest.  I didn't expect World of Tanks to go behind my back and have PewDiePie post such a video!

They should have had PewDiePie join a clan first to show the better aspects of World of Tanks.  Being in a clan helps improve your gaming experience by having others help you learn the game and creates a social environment that nurtures the player.  I strongly feel that the clan experience is what helps improve the World of Tanks experience.  If they create another advertisement with another big player on YouTube, they should focus on them joining a clan first.  Show how clan players help each other in platoons and Strongholds.  Show there is a community of people they can connect with.  Everyone wants to feel needed and being in a clan will help encourage players to play more, even if they die multiple times.  There are multiple ways to communicate:  in game text, in game headset, Teamspeak 3, and mumble to name a few.  If you want good advertisement for a game, show them there are people here willing to help them win battles!

To World of Tanks: Please request PewDiePie to do one last video of him playing with a clan via his Headset!  This will give a really good reason for players to want to play World of Tanks: Connection and Meaningfulness!  Or find another big gamer YouTube star to play with a clan in World of Tanks using a headset to communicate!

Well Said OP. +1, But I will take sales/discounts over Lovan and day.

Edited by jamesdoz, Dec 28 2019 - 13:49.

TankFullOfBourbon #8 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 14:05

Major

• Players
  • 31851 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

WG re-organizing is normal, and I do guess they are downsizing as well? I have no evidence that tells me that WOT NA have been losing players but I am pretty sure they have not been growing their business much in the Americas. Making youtube advertisement for WOT was probably part of WG's plan to grow the company and I guess after a couple of disappointing years they decided Lovan's project wasn't growing WOT NA. Now they want to try something new. 

You are entitled to think this was a bad decision and that it actually will make them lose customers, big companies make really stupid decisions all the time, and personally I think marketing people are wasting more money than they bring in, or they fend off more customers than they bring in. Who doesn't remember the catastrophic Pepsi commercial of 2017? But companies need to do what companies need to do, whether they are doing it wrong or right. It's just the way it is. That's why I think people should be less "in love" with the companies they like and more "in love" with the services they provide or the products they produce. 

FedericoWR #9 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 15:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20719 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
"the best side of World of Tanks. CLANS!"

lol

SlappedbyRommel #10 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 15:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11591 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
When any business tries and fails at a project they cut their losses plain and simple was the ROI worth it most likely not. Money talks if WG is down this quarter then something or someone gets let go. I do hope Mr Lovan is able to find another project or opportunity since this does not feel well when its you on the chopping block. Good luck in the future Mr Lovan.

Atragon #11 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 46059 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY
I say the worst WG calamity was the Super Bowl commercial. I believe it rated last of all the SB commercials.

Edited by Atragon, Dec 28 2019 - 15:20.

GonnaBBQU #12 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 15:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50798 battles
lmbo, pootypie makes bad players look like pros....Hes so bad...Wargaming trying to stay relevant by using pootypieto get more players , but it wont work.

Einzelganger7 #13 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 15:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9167 battles
  • [WOLFD] WOLFD
Uh... I do not know if all that is true but I must say that December 28 is usually named "innocent's day" and is often used to make pranks just like April fools (at least in my country, Spain) so I do not know if is just a prank or not since I do not know if in this other country is also celebrated and wargaming wanted to prank people.

Cowcat137 #14 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 15:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 15328 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

I think that we'll see videos straight from Minsk now. Dubbed. NA is small and keeps shrinking.

You are right,  the pewdpie thing was funny in a bad way : it made the game look frustrating and unplayable.  People I try to bring in say it's way too complicated and they want to play a tank game with actual tanks, not be told they need hundreds of games in junky WWI boxes . 

The game should start around tier four and have workable crews and affordable equipment.  No American kid wants to grind two thousand games to get in the zone. Americans want fortnite. 

HOTA_CHATON #15 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 15:58

Major

• Players
  • 14027 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB
War Gaming has this supreme ability to seek out, obtain, and utilize all kinds of washed out, has been, or never was types of things to promote their wares until it's just hilarious.  I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish but it must we working for them.  Let's see now: That's a couple of washed out worthless bands, and now a completely used up former You Tube celebrity?  I'd say it's working, for them, for sure.

GenPanzer #16 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 46008 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT
Are tank fans watching someone like pewdiepie on YouTube? I didn't, and still don't watch that person.

RG_Notch #17 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 16:11

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 29597 battles

View PostI_AM_Lucifer, on Dec 28 2019 - 06:22, said:

I bet the cost of hiring PewDiePie was so large, they fired 3 people whom did the WOT Weekly videos.  This is pretty much right after Christmas, after figuring in all the sales, I'm guessing.

So all of this will keep away casuals who are looking for an easy game? Sounds like it's  WAI. I hope they do more to keep those folks away. 

GonnaBBQU #18 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 16:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50798 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Dec 28 2019 - 15:08, said:

Are tank fans watching someone like pewdiepie on YouTube? I didn't, and still don't watch that person.

Only 9 year olds and below watch that clown

Kliphie #19 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 34014 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Tangentially, The Chieftan has mentioned in some of his videos about needing "engagement" to show the bosses they were getting a return on their investments for his Chieftan's Hatch videos to continue. 

I enjoyed their content and from the goodbye video it sounded like they would be doing something similar in the future but out of Austin.  If they do resurrect it, put the darn things out on Thursday instead of mid-day Friday to help out us morning people.  

Also for the post above, I'm a middle-aged 9-year-old here who enjoys the clown from time to time.  

TankFullOfBourbon #20 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 16:49

Major

• Players
  • 31851 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Dec 28 2019 - 15:58, said:

War Gaming has this supreme ability to seek out, obtain, and utilize all kinds of washed out, has been, or never was types of things to promote their wares until it's just hilarious.  I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish but it must we working for them.  Let's see now: That's a couple of washed out worthless bands, and now a completely used up former You Tube celebrity?  I'd say it's working, for them, for sure.

That's not just Wargaming. Look at the american people.

Also tagged with WOT, Weekly, Michael, Lovan, Steven, Amy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users