WOT Weekly Michael Lovan Steven Amy

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

AllieOop2 #21 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 16:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostEinzelganger7, on Dec 28 2019 - 15:26, said:

Uh... I do not know if all that is true but I must say that December 28 is usually named "innocent's day" and is often used to make pranks just like April fools (at least in my country, Spain) so I do not know if is just a prank or not since I do not know if in this other country is also celebrated and wargaming wanted to prank people.

First person from Spain I have seen post on NA. Lot on EU. Love your home country and its food.

AllieOop2 #22 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 16:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostKliphie, on Dec 28 2019 - 16:35, said:

Tangentially, The Chieftan has mentioned in some of his videos about needing "engagement" to show the bosses they were getting a return on their investments for his Chieftan's Hatch videos to continue. 

I enjoyed their content and from the goodbye video it sounded like they would be doing something similar in the future but out of Austin.  If they do resurrect it, put the darn things out on Thursday instead of mid-day Friday to help out us morning people.  

Also for the post above, I'm a middle-aged 9-year-old here who enjoys the clown from time to time.  

Just say no the guy is a scumbag.

largeelvis #23 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 16:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21221 battles

Block Quote

I say the worst WG calamity was the Super Bowl commercial. I believe it rated last of all the SB commercials.

3.5 million every 30 seconds those ran. smh

JakeTheMystic #24 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 17:00

Major

• Players
  • 25226 battles
  • [DAKII] DAKII
Games are about having fun, if a baddie wants to play tier 10 with his sub 45% and averages 500 damage then let them. The game is pretty much dead so who cares as long as they are having fun. 

Kliphie #25 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 17:04

Major

• Players
  • 34014 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Dec 28 2019 - 08:58, said:

War Gaming has this supreme ability to seek out, obtain, and utilize all kinds of washed out, has been, or never was types of things to promote their wares until it's just hilarious.  I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish but it must we working for them.  Let's see now: That's a couple of washed out worthless bands, and now a completely used up former You Tube celebrity?  I'd say it's working, for them, for sure.

View PostAllieOop2, on Dec 28 2019 - 09:55, said:

Just say no the guy is a scumbag.

That's the great thing, we can all choose who we do or do not want to invest our entertainment time in.  That said, the washed-up scumbag generated 3.8 million views for WG and that's what they paid for.  

_Kradok_ #26 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 17:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 34290 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostI_AM_Lucifer, on Dec 28 2019 - 06:22, said:

To World of Tanks: Please request PewDiePie to do one last video of him playing with a clan via his Headset!  This will give a really good reason for players to want to play World of Tanks: Connection and Meaningfulness!  Or find another big gamer YouTube star to play with a clan in World of Tanks using a headset to communicate!

Thank you all for reading my post!

Absolutely agree.  

AllieOop2 #27 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 17:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostKliphie, on Dec 28 2019 - 17:04, said:

That's the great thing, we can all choose who we do or do not want to invest our entertainment time in.  That said, the washed-up scumbag generated 3.8 million views for WG and that's what they paid for.  

Not saying he didn't click the money vault. He obviously has a business plan. The guy is a scumbag if he believes half of what says about various events and people. Just say no to that garbage.

I really worry about the world seriously when a guy like that ( don't know him, wont ever know him may be a new version of the old shock jock) generates that kind of viewership again with the positions on subjects he takes.

AllieOop2 #28 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 17:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostKliphie, on Dec 28 2019 - 17:04, said:

generated 3.8 million views for WG and that's what they paid for.  

This is another interesting window on WG and the net overall. Knowing the controversial and ( cant say what I want here forum rules) the "different" view he has professed on some subjects. Is his core viewership people that a company would want to be associated with? If they click in to him I would think a percentage agree with his stated positions? Is that the segment of the world WG wants to populate their game? Just random old man thoughts

Edited by AllieOop2, Dec 28 2019 - 17:51.

Kliphie #29 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 17:48

Major

• Players
  • 34014 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Does their money spend?  

_Kradok_ #30 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 17:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 34290 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostKliphie, on Dec 28 2019 - 11:48, said:

Does their money spend?  

/discussion

heavymetal1967 #31 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 18:07

Major

• Players
  • 75030 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Lovan wasn't just a personage that replaced Meathead in front of the camera.

His involvement and contributions range a lot wider and go back a lot farther.  And I'm no insider, so it's a safe bet even more than what's public knowledge.

Regardless of what you think about his on camera work I imagine they'll be hard pressed to find someone to replace him.

AllieOop2 #32 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 18:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostKliphie, on Dec 28 2019 - 17:48, said:

Does their money spend?  

Does an affiliation with a scumbag cause others to not buy the product or is generations of advertising philosophy gone down the drain anymore? Companies drop endorsement deals right an left if someone is involved in a controversy or controversial position. Maybe the old ideas or rules are not viable anymore?

Edited by AllieOop2, Dec 28 2019 - 18:10.

heavymetal1967 #33 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 18:11

Major

• Players
  • 75030 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostAllieOop2, on Dec 28 2019 - 11:45, said:

This is another interesting window on WG and the net overall. Knowing the controversial and ( cant say what I want here forum rules) the "different" view he has professed on some subjects. Is his core viewership people that a company would want to be associated with? If they click in to him I would think a percentage agree with his stated positions? Is that the segment of the world WG wants to populate their game? Just random old man thoughts

View PostKliphie, on Dec 28 2019 - 11:48, said:

Does their money spend?  

View Post_Kradok_, on Dec 28 2019 - 11:55, said:

/discussion

Good points.  WG "central" cares about one color and denomination.  In US verbiage it's "green". 

Kliphie #34 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 18:14

Major

• Players
  • 34014 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Much as with actors, athletes and musicians, I really don't take any notice of the political/social stances of the guy I go to for funny internet memes.  

AllieOop2 #35 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 18:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

Understood. Myself i cant do that meaning a click is money for him and I feel like I am supporting someone who is not someone I want to be associated with. Again that's me cant project me on others.

I hate the old dumb [edited]my wallet is closed thing. But I am considering not spending anymore with WG. I love the game. Its entertainment and I will keep playing but if I spend money am I supporting a company who is willing to enlist someone I do not want to be associated with is a struggle right now for me. I wont watch certain TV shows anymore or buy some products because of the exact same thing.

Ya it doesn't make a dent in them. They wont be begging me to spend but it is important to me not to support companies that take a stand  I don't agree with. They have the right and so do I.

Edited by AllieOop2, Dec 28 2019 - 18:25.

24_inch_pythons #36 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 18:18

Major

• Players
  • 31897 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Dec 28 2019 - 07:05, said:

That's why I think people should be less "in love" with the companies they like and more "in love" with the services they provide or the products they produce. 

I'm not a big fan of Wargaming... I can generally tolerate them, although there are moments... But I absolutely, absolutely love World of Tanks!

Dirt_Track_Racing_J24 #37 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 18:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1100 battles
  • [AGNON] AGNON

View PostI_AM_Lucifer, on Dec 28 2019 - 05:22, said:

WoT Weekly's last video ended this week.

I bet the cost of hiring PewDiePie was so large, they fired 3 people whom did the WOT Weekly videos.  This is pretty much right after Christmas, after figuring in all the sales, I'm guessing.

I really loved Meathead and I was just starting to love Michael Lovan!  Even during the period of 4 months which I had no internet service that would allow me to play games, I watched The WOT Weekly videos to keep informed about events going on in World of Tanks.  I really enjoyed watching those videos.

I strongly feel the loss of WOT Weekly is going to decrease the amount of newcomers to the game.  WOT Weekly is the advertisement for World of Tanks that helped newcomers get to know about events and things happening in World of Tanks.  Removing WOT Weekly is just like telling newcomers that World of Tanks is ending.  When newcomers continue to watch WOT Weekly, they would eventually download the game and play.  That is how my friends whom now play World of Tanks told me that the constant videos created interest into playing the game and reason they downloaded it.  Losing WOT Weekly is a big loss for the whole community of World of Tanks!

The bad thing about hiring PewDiePie was and IS horrible in how he made the game look to outsiders.  He kept dying!  This might be a good advertisement to those whom want to play hard to play games, but the majority of people will be turned off by this type of advertisement.  I understand World of Tanks wanting to appeal to new players, but a better setup would have displayed the best side of World of Tanks. CLANS!

A beginning player should never be encouraged to play higher tier tanking games at first start by themselves, otherwise they play against some really good players and will die so much.  After so many deaths, they'll most likely leave the game, unless they are driven by something internal.  After watching PewDiePie die so much, some of my friends whom I was trying to get into the game decided they lost interest.  I didn't expect World of Tanks to go behind my back and have PewDiePie post such a video!

They should have had PewDiePie join a clan first to show the better aspects of World of Tanks.  Being in a clan helps improve your gaming experience by having others help you learn the game and creates a social environment that nurtures the player.  I strongly feel that the clan experience is what helps improve the World of Tanks experience.  If they create another advertisement with another big player on YouTube, they should focus on them joining a clan first.  Show how clan players help each other in platoons and Strongholds.  Show there is a community of people they can connect with.  Everyone wants to feel needed and being in a clan will help encourage players to play more, even if they die multiple times.  There are multiple ways to communicate:  in game text, in game headset, Teamspeak 3, and mumble to name a few.  If you want good advertisement for a game, show them there are people here willing to help them win battles!

To World of Tanks: Please request PewDiePie to do one last video of him playing with a clan via his Headset!  This will give a really good reason for players to want to play World of Tanks: Connection and Meaningfulness!  Or find another big gamer YouTube star to play with a clan in World of Tanks using a headset to communicate!

Thank you all for reading my post!

pewdiepie playing the game was no different then 95% of the player base playing this game, so it fit the current player skill

ProfessionalFinn #38 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 18:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 27716 battles

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Dec 28 2019 - 09:18, said:

I'm not a big fan of Wargaming... I can generally tolerate them, although there are moments... But I absolutely, absolutely love World of Tanks!

Your antipathy reminds me of a man who loved Mustangs yet hated Ford.  Interesting.

Nerat_Kirine #39 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 18:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22932 battles
  • [ASHEN] ASHEN

View PostAllieOop2, on Dec 28 2019 - 18:08, said:

Does an affiliation with a scumbag cause others to not buy the product or is generations of advertising philosophy gone down the drain anymore? Companies drop endorsement deals right an left if someone is involved in a controversy or controversial position. Maybe the old ideas or rules are not viable anymore?

Someone is triggered

AllieOop2 #40 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 19:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostDas_Junka, on Dec 28 2019 - 18:55, said:

Someone is triggered

No not at all. This is simply a discussion.

Also tagged with WOT, Weekly, Michael, Lovan, Steven, Amy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users