We lost Michael Lovan, Steven and Amy!

WOT Weekly Michael Lovan Steven Amy

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Jaguarz #41 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 19:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4277 battles
Was no doubt the brainchild of Paul Barnett, a complete incompetent of a man with a string of high profile failures behind him

Nerat_Kirine #42 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 19:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22932 battles
  • [ASHEN] ASHEN

View PostAllieOop2, on Dec 28 2019 - 19:01, said:

No not at all. This is simply a discussion.

You've literally talked about how much you hate free speech so its not surprising anyone who disagrees with your worldview is a "scumbag." 

AllieOop2 #43 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 19:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostDas_Junka, on Dec 28 2019 - 19:05, said:

You've literally talked about how much you hate free speech so its not surprising anyone who disagrees with your worldview is a "scumbag." 

Wrong again the discussion about your "free speech" room was just the opposite. You blatantly said free speech  that would be censured if it was disruptive of your approved quantity an specific type. Dont come in an try to play your very poorly done spin doctor act. Your thread was bad it can be seen in the locked thread topics Junk.

Move along I have no desire to discuss anything with you sir.

Edited by AllieOop2, Dec 28 2019 - 20:06.

UnitG2 #44 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 20:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33199 battles

View PostGonnaBBQU, on Dec 28 2019 - 06:23, said:

lmbo, pootypie makes bad players look like pros....Hes so bad...Wargaming trying to stay relevant by using pootypieto get more players , but it wont work.

Pootypie is still relevant? I really thought I was watching the modern version of a Hollywood Squares.

So little engagement, so little effort- just fulfilling the letter of his contractual obligation and nothing more.

I_AM_Lucifer #45 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 20:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6175 battles
  • [DRKLN] DRKLN
According to https://www.noxinfluencer.com/youtube/channel-calculator?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FPewDiePie Est. Potential Earnings[Each Video] $136,571.

So, World of Tanks paid PewDiePie at least $136,571 to make the video.

Edited by I_AM_Lucifer, Dec 28 2019 - 20:33.

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #46 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 20:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

Whatever they paid pewdiepie, it was a gross waste of money ...

That video essentially screwed WG, and if it brought anyone to WOT, the antics I saw in the first minute of the vid sent a childish message to them - and we will regret it.

I couldn't stand it beyond the first minute.

Edited by BottomFeedingBOTgarbage, Dec 28 2019 - 20:35.

bevust #47 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 20:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35880 battles
  • [-TX] -TX

who  cares, it's rigged

2MOEJOE #48 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 20:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4629 battles
I've never watched a pewdee pie  video he always seemed childish like Jenna marbles or any other old school YouTuber.

Edited by 2MOEJOE, Dec 28 2019 - 20:41.

Nerat_Kirine #49 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 20:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22932 battles
  • [ASHEN] ASHEN

View PostAllieOop2, on Dec 28 2019 - 19:34, said:

Wrong again the discussion about your "free speech" room was just the opposite. You blatantly said free speech  that would be censured if it was disruptive of your approved quantity an specific type. Dont come in an try to play your very poorly done spin doctor act. Your thread was bad it can be seen in the locked thread topics Junk.

You said free speech is bad because of racism sexism blah blah blah, I posted the screenshot all over discord so don't know who you think you are fooling. If you are too triggered to support WG because Pewdiepie did something "controversial" once then that makes you the target of most players derision.

I_AM_Lucifer #50 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 21:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6175 battles
  • [DRKLN] DRKLN

View PostDirt_Track_Racing_J24, on Dec 28 2019 - 18:26, said:

pewdiepie playing the game was no different then 95% of the player base playing this game, so it fit the current player skill

Even if the video is being "honest" with players on the game play and how hard it is to just start playing alone, they should have at least soften the blow with showing how clans can help them win battles and fights, how clan members communicate, how teams work, and how much fun it is to be part of something bigger!

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #51 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 21:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Dec 28 2019 - 13:34, said:

Hopefully, you'll soon run out of folks to discuss anything with ... :sceptic:

Edited by BottomFeedingBOTgarbage, Dec 28 2019 - 21:33.

SquiggyMcPew #52 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 21:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8 battles

View PostUnitG2, on Dec 28 2019 - 20:24, said:

Pootypie is still relevant? I really thought I was watching the modern version of a Hollywood Squares.

So little engagement, so little effort- just fulfilling the letter of his contractual obligation and nothing more.

He went from 80 million subs to 103 million subs over the last few months and his videos get millions of views. He is an idiot to the older crowd who tends to gather here but for the kids in the teen to thirty year old range he is some sort of internet super star. Don't get it myself but I'm old and think he is an idiot too. As to wot if he is advertising for it then he can get his zombie online army to play too. He drove minecraft sales through the roof when he spent a month or so playing it earlier this year.

leeuniverse #53 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 21:51

Major

• Players
  • 41036 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostI_AM_Lucifer, on Dec 28 2019 - 04:22, said:

The bad thing about hiring PewDiePie was and IS horrible in how he made the game look to outsiders.  He kept dying!  This might be a good advertisement to those whom want to play hard to play games, but the majority of people will be turned off by this type of advertisement.  I understand World of Tanks wanting to appeal to new players, but a better setup would have displayed the best side of World of Tanks. CLANS!

A beginning player should never be encouraged to play higher tier tanking games at first start by themselves, otherwise they play against some really good players and will die so much.  After so many deaths, they'll most likely leave the game, unless they are driven by something internal.  After watching PewDiePie die so much, some of my friends whom I was trying to get into the game decided they lost interest.  I didn't expect World of Tanks to go behind my back and have PewDiePie post such a video!

Actually, PewDiePie showed us just how BAD this game actually is, exactly WHY people foremost leave it, especially in the beginning.

Wargaming doesn't make a game that people can actually live for awhile to play and thus enjoy.

The "Quick Death", whatever the cause, be it far too low HP levels, Derps, Arty, etc. etc. is the absolute worst thing with these games.

People don't want to waste their time....  PewDiePie just proved what I've been trying to fix all this time, and the fanboys here are afraid of, not allowing others to enjoy the game, to fix things that won't actually hurt them.

Nonamanadus #54 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 32786 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
I don't watch any of them so my Jimmies are content.

_Kradok_ #55 Posted Dec 28 2019 - 22:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 34290 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Postleeuniverse, on Dec 28 2019 - 15:51, said:

PewDiePie just proved what I've been trying to fix all this time

Still saving the world...  or at least convinced you are...:facepalm:

TheGreatMunchkin #56 Posted Dec 29 2019 - 02:59

Customer Support Representative

• 133 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostI_AM_Lucifer, on Dec 28 2019 - 03:22, said:

WoT Weekly's last video ended this week.

I bet the cost of hiring PewDiePie was so large, they fired 3 people whom did the WOT Weekly videos.  This is pretty much right after Christmas, after figuring in all the sales, I'm guessing.

I really loved Meathead and I was just starting to love Michael Lovan!  Even during the period of 4 months which I had no internet service that would allow me to play games, I watched The WOT Weekly videos to keep informed about events going on in World of Tanks.  I really enjoyed watching those videos.

I strongly feel the loss of WOT Weekly is going to decrease the amount of newcomers to the game.  WOT Weekly is the advertisement for World of Tanks that helped newcomers get to know about events and things happening in World of Tanks.  Removing WOT Weekly is just like telling newcomers that World of Tanks is ending.  When newcomers continue to watch WOT Weekly, they would eventually download the game and play.  That is how my friends whom now play World of Tanks told me that the constant videos created interest into playing the game and reason they downloaded it.  Losing WOT Weekly is a big loss for the whole community of World of Tanks!

The bad thing about hiring PewDiePie was and IS horrible in how he made the game look to outsiders.  He kept dying!  This might be a good advertisement to those whom want to play hard to play games, but the majority of people will be turned off by this type of advertisement.  I understand World of Tanks wanting to appeal to new players, but a better setup would have displayed the best side of World of Tanks. CLANS!

A beginning player should never be encouraged to play higher tier tanking games at first start by themselves, otherwise they play against some really good players and will die so much.  After so many deaths, they'll most likely leave the game, unless they are driven by something internal.  After watching PewDiePie die so much, some of my friends whom I was trying to get into the game decided they lost interest.  I didn't expect World of Tanks to go behind my back and have PewDiePie post such a video!

They should have had PewDiePie join a clan first to show the better aspects of World of Tanks.  Being in a clan helps improve your gaming experience by having others help you learn the game and creates a social environment that nurtures the player.  I strongly feel that the clan experience is what helps improve the World of Tanks experience.  If they create another advertisement with another big player on YouTube, they should focus on them joining a clan first.  Show how clan players help each other in platoons and Strongholds.  Show there is a community of people they can connect with.  Everyone wants to feel needed and being in a clan will help encourage players to play more, even if they die multiple times.  There are multiple ways to communicate:  in game text, in game headset, Teamspeak 3, and mumble to name a few.  If you want good advertisement for a game, show them there are people here willing to help them win battles!

To World of Tanks: Please request PewDiePie to do one last video of him playing with a clan via his Headset!  This will give a really good reason for players to want to play World of Tanks: Connection and Meaningfulness!  Or find another big gamer YouTube star to play with a clan in World of Tanks using a headset to communicate!

Thank you all for reading my post!

Edit 12/28/2019 - 1:52PM CST:

From my post later in this thread:

According to https://www.noxinfluencer.com/youtube/channel-calculator?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FPewDiePie Est. Potential Earnings[Each Video] $136,571.

So, World of Tanks paid PewDiePie at least $136,571 to make the video.

Edit 12/28/2019 - 2:24PM CST:

Not only are we losing Michael Lovan, but also Steven and Amy whom helped create WOT Weekly.

Edit 12/28/2019 - 2:50PM CST:

PewDiePie's video we are talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP0MSIfrhHg&t=203s

World of Tanks Weekly #148: The Last WoT Weekly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3X2-ZYGqM&t=363s

Michael Lovan's Goodbye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvvNSAi7X6o&t=328s

This was a wild ride to read. Thank you for your support. I’m really glad you liked the show and gave it a chance after my friend stepped away from the company. 

I’m not familiar with PewDiePie (or at least I didn’t know about this crossover). That said, I’d like to at least offer my assurance that whatever WG has done with him had no impact in regards to us. WG simply (and understandably) want to bring the video team internally. We were offered to relocate, but for personal reasons we all had to politely decline. They will possibly get a new video team going in the future, and hey - maybe they’ll resurrect the weekly Friday format or something comparable?

Personally, we are on very good terms with WG. I hope that people take away from my videos that we are having a positive exit from the company, and that there is no love lost. 

_Kradok_ #57 Posted Dec 29 2019 - 03:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 34290 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostTheGreatMunchkin, on Dec 28 2019 - 20:59, said:

This was a wild ride to read. Thank you for your support. I’m really glad you liked the show and gave it a chance after my friend stepped away from the company. 

I’m not familiar with PewDiePie (or at least I didn’t know about this crossover). That said, I’d like to at least offer my assurance that whatever WG has done with him had no impact in regards to us. WG simply (and understandably) want to bring the video team internally. We were offered to relocate, but for personal reasons we all had to politely decline. They will possibly get a new video team going in the future, and hey - maybe they’ll resurrect the weekly Friday format or something comparable?

Personally, we are on very good terms with WG. I hope that people take away from my videos that we are having a positive exit from the company, and that there is no love lost. 

Respect.

AllieOop2 #58 Posted Dec 29 2019 - 03:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostBottomFeedingBOTgarbage, on Dec 28 2019 - 21:33, said:

Hopefully, you'll soon run out of folks to discuss anything with ... :sceptic:

I will always be here for you Bulb no matter how many new accounts you have to make.

21Blackjack #59 Posted Dec 29 2019 - 03:57

Major

• Players
  • 21263 battles

View PostBottomFeedingBOTgarbage, on Dec 28 2019 - 20:32, said:

Whatever they paid pewdiepie, it was a gross waste of money ...

That video essentially screwed WG, and if it brought anyone to WOT, the antics I saw in the first minute of the vid sent a childish message to them - and we will regret it.

I couldn't stand it beyond the first minute.

What? WG don't give a crap about "the integrity of the game"  What in the last 5 years gave you the impression they are about that?  They want people to play, pewdiepie is probably the cheapest guy to reach 3 million people with.  Now enjoy the mouthbreathers driving around in their newly bought Object 730s

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #60 Posted Dec 29 2019 - 05:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View Post21Blackjack, on Dec 28 2019 - 21:57, said:

Now enjoy the mouthbreathers driving around in their newly bought Object 730s

Exactly the point

Also tagged with WOT, Weekly, Michael, Lovan, Steven, Amy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users