Wish we had a "sub-account"...

re-roll stats

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Grimwok #1 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 20:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 1930 battles

This probably has already been suggested, did a search but did not see this exactly....  But I wish we could create a secondary account within our main account where us players that have massive game counts could get more accurate PR on how we really play.  I get that HOF stats are kind of along this line, but they do not show up as easily as the current PR stats do.  I totally understand why WG doesn't allow us to transfer vehicles to other accounts.  But as a player that has 70K battles and 25 Tier X vehicles in my main account (papagallium), I really do not want to reroll that account and lose all of the reward tanks and Tier X's and such just to get my stats up.  I play so much better now then I did in my first 25K games, but averages do not allow my stats to show that now.  My Win8 higher in my new account at 400 games then I am at in my other 70K account, and I am sure my PR will not be far behind...

I wish there was a way that we could create a secondary account, maybe something like "papagallium(2)" where people would know that this account is what it is, and these stats would be just on the tanks in that account.  Maybe we could put in a limited number of tanks, perhaps 1 type (TD, Heavy, light..) from each country or something like that.  I don't like having to play two accounts to keep them active, but I really like playing some of those tanks that I worked so hard to get...  I know stats are not the end all but there is a certain amount of satisfaction in being green and not red -  agreed? lol

HOTA_CHATON #2 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 20:39

Major

• Players
  • 14765 battles
  • [TRED] TRED

Most people do have another account.

spud_tuber #3 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 20:41

Major

• Players
  • 63769 battles
Anyone who uses stats for more than e-peen is going to be more interested in your "recents" on a site like Wotlabs than your entire account status.  

I do wish WG would get on board with allowing players to filter by last 100, 500, 1000, and 5000 battles for all the stats available in the garage, but I don't think it is a high enough priority for them.

Ndtm #4 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 17696 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Jan 04 2020 - 20:39, said:

That would be an overstatement, i would say most people have no reason to have more than one account in the first place (on the same region)

ProfessionalFinn #5 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 20:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 30615 battles
World of Warships has sub accounts.  :)

BottomFeedingBOTgarbage #6 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 20:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29 battles

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 04 2020 - 14:53, said:

World of Warships has sub accounts.  :)

I see what you did there

maj_insanity #7 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 20:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23353 battles
A second account would make it easy to have your laptop right next to your desktop and connect together into a training room by yourself to learn the maps and vision mechanics.  Also practicing artillery  shooting on the move, sniping spots, hiding and ambush points.  and the mechanics of camo.    just saying......... 

ShadowDancer27 #8 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 21:00

Major

• Players
  • 35377 battles

How about these options?

Just play the game and set goals for things like work, school, personal fitness.

OR

Look at your "recents" or tank specific stats and ignore your lifetime stats.

OR

Jot down the stats for lifetime at some baseline and compute your own recents excluding that baseline from the sample:  If you were 14000/13800/200 at 28000 games played 50% win rate if on your next 10000 matches you were 6000/3950/50 you can subtract and divide without needing to have a PhD.  You're the only one that cares anyhow.

I am in the vanilla playing XVM ignoring camp.  If I do something stupid I learn from it and try to do better next time.  If I am in a bottom tier tank with half stock modules and I get bullied by a platoon of the absolute worst tanks I could face driven by skilled players I don't take the frag or a loss personally.

CaptainBussey #9 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 21:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7682 battles

View PostGrimwok, on Jan 04 2020 - 13:36, said:

This probably has already been suggested, did a search but did not see this exactly....  But I wish we could create a secondary account within our main account where us players that have massive game counts could get more accurate PR on how we really play.  I get that HOF stats are kind of along this line, but they do not show up as easily as the current PR stats do.  I totally understand why WG doesn't allow us to transfer vehicles to other accounts.  But as a player that has 70K battles and 25 Tier X vehicles in my main account (papagallium), I really do not want to reroll that account and lose all of the reward tanks and Tier X's and such just to get my stats up.  I play so much better now then I did in my first 25K games, but averages do not allow my stats to show that now.  My Win8 higher in my new account at 400 games then I am at in my other 70K account, and I am sure my PR will not be far behind...

I wish there was a way that we could create a secondary account, maybe something like "papagallium(2)" where people would know that this account is what it is, and these stats would be just on the tanks in that account.  Maybe we could put in a limited number of tanks, perhaps 1 type (TD, Heavy, light..) from each country or something like that.  I don't like having to play two accounts to keep them active, but I really like playing some of those tanks that I worked so hard to get...  I know stats are not the end all but there is a certain amount of satisfaction in being green and not red -  agreed? lol

I looked up your stats on WOT Labs and it really isn't that bad. It does say you have 60K battles not 70K.

That being said your recent WR is pretty good, as well as your overall WN8

Your recent WN8 is pretty damn good as well.

I guess the only reason you feel the need to have a "sub account" for stats is because of your overall WR. 

You are damn close to 50% but what puts you in a bind is the number of battles played. Because you have 60K battles it will take a buttload to push you over the 50% threshold. As a matter of fact, XVM garage mods will tell you the number needed to get to the next two thresholds.

If I were you, I would put my nose to the grindstone, keep moving forward with papagallium and concentrate on your recent stats. As someone else stated, anyone with a modicum of the overall understanding of the game is gonna weigh your recent stats much more than you overall stats, and those are good.

Edited by CaptainBussey, Jan 04 2020 - 21:15.

BillDing1 #10 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 21:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8450 battles
  • [SUZY] SUZY

View Postspud_tuber, on Jan 04 2020 - 20:41, said:

Anyone who uses stats for more than e-peen is going to be more interested in your "recents" on a site like Wotlabs than your entire account status.

I do wish WG would get on board with allowing players to filter by last 100, 500, 1000, and 5000 battles for all the stats available in the garage, but I don't think it is a high enough priority for them.

I think they said they were gonna do somthing like that with the big ammo change/re-balance.

Spoiler

GWyatt #11 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 21:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5508 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostGrimwok, on Jan 04 2020 - 14:36, said:

I believe I saw that in this next year, WG is looking to revamp how stats are shown. It looked like they were considering making it so you could do things like look at recent stats, etc. I can't remember if that was on that translated from Russian article or where I saw it. If they do this, it would be what you are asking for, without having to reroll.

EDIT:  ^^ see the posting above this

Edited by GWyatt, Jan 04 2020 - 21:19.

goldfinger_555 #12 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 21:23

Captain

• Players
  • 27963 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC

View PostBottomFeedingBOTgarbage, on Jan 04 2020 - 19:54, said:

I see what you did there

I'm so dumb. I DIDNT see what he did there until your post. Than it hit me. FUNNY! I enjoy that sense of humor so +1 to both of you.

Mokoma #13 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 22:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 18465 battles
Overall stats don’t matter very much, especially with that many battles. Try to let that go and focus on your recents.

Mickey_Mouse94 #14 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 22:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16144 battles

View PostGrimwok, on Jan 04 2020 - 13:36, said:

Anyone who really cares about stats looks at your last 1000 battles on www.wotlabs.net

KidK #15 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 22:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46522 battles
  • [R-O-C] R-O-C
Wargaming states that this game has 110 Million players!  80 Million of those accounts are Multi accounts by players who have 4 or 5 extra accounts! :trollface:

jamesdoz #16 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 23:26

Major

• Players
  • 40535 battles
BTW, NoobMeter is Gone, Just thought I would let you guys know another Stat site bites the dust.

1Scots #17 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 23:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16568 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Jan 05 2020 - 07:39, said:

I have 12 including this one, also 2 on ASIA and 1 EU.

Edited by 1Scots, Jan 04 2020 - 23:29.

dunniteowl #18 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 23:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Who wants to ditch their XVM camo?  People are constantly complaining about how they get focused because of their stats -- then you have the other crowd that rerolls to have great stats.

Help me I'm slipping into the Twilight Zone...

I get what you mean, OP, I might have started sub-accounts in your terms to play a specific Nation or Line if I could have done that.  If you just want to have a better PR, then just sign up for another account with a different email address.  Good to go. I haven't done it, because I like my XVM camo. 

Not that I think I would get focused for my stats, mind you.

OvO

ProfessionalFinn #19 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 23:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 30615 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 04 2020 - 14:40, said:

Who wants to ditch their XVM camo?  People are constantly complaining about how they get focused because of their stats -- then you have the other crowd that rerolls to have great stats.

I get what you mean, OP, I might have started sub-accounts in your terms to play a specific Nation or Line if I could have done that.  If you just want to have a better PR, then just sign up for another account with a different email address.  Good to go. I haven't done it, because I like my XVM camo. 

OvO

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 04 2020 - 14:40, said:

OvO

WiseOwl, my big tummy hurts from laughing too hard after reading your post.  So funny and yet poignant. 

Question, which Twilight Zone episode best exemplifies the insanity found in this forum?

Tao_Te_Hobbit #20 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 23:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 30151 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Postspud_tuber, on Jan 04 2020 - 20:41, said:

Or even just determine and report stats based on the last X battles.  Or X%.

Also tagged with re-roll, stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users