* * * * * 2 votes

Dawn of Industry Clan Wars Global Map event

Dawn of Industry global map clan wars

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Global Map (103 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to the Dawn of Industry event?

1. yes (62 votes [60.19%])

Percentage of vote: 60.19%

2. no (23 votes [22.33%])

Percentage of vote: 22.33%

3. Don't care (18 votes [17.48%])

Percentage of vote: 17.48%

Which features (if any) are you looking forward to?

1. Crafting Legacy vehicles (39 votes [27.86%])

Percentage of vote: 27.86%

2. Crafting experimaental modules (13 votes [9.29%])

Percentage of vote: 9.29%

3. New cosmetic rewards (21 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

4. All of them (28 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

5. None of them (19 votes [13.57%])

Percentage of vote: 13.57%

6. Don't care (20 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

DomoSapien #1 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 19:00

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 15075 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers, the upcoming Global Map event, called the "Dawn of Industry" will introduce a host of new features, including an all-new crafting mechanic for legacy tier VII-VIII vehicles, a brand new 3D style for the Obj 907 and temporary vehicle module upgrades for battles on the Global Map.

For the full scoop, check out the detailed article on our news portal.

Please leave your feedback below.

Edited by DomoSapien, Jan 06 2020 - 19:00.

__MEJOE__ #2 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 19:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 39796 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
you forgot the fine print stating "free obj. 907 included with the skin."

DomoSapien #3 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 19:13

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 15075 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostConstructAditionalPylons, on Jan 06 2020 - 12:04, said:

you forgot the fine print stating "free obj. 907 included with the skin."

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 25180 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

What's the point in giving us the tier 8 reward tanks if they are absolutely horrendous. The IS-5 was easily the best of the bunch a few years back, having slight benefits over the IS-3 in terms of penetration and HEAT rounds but sacrificed accuracy and aim time. Now with op premiums dominating tier 8 matches, whats the point in having a arguably "balanced" tank as a reward? At the very least all 3 of those tier 8 reward tanks need minor buffs. 

As for giving out tanks to the top 3000, that's a good joke. Hopefully you have the real number posted by the end of the week since that is a whole lot of participation trophies, some people are going to be asking for two! Last campaign it was 2200, the one before that was 2300, now with the population numbers dwindling and the number of clans participating plummeting, you think it's a good idea to hand out op tanks to every snub that plays a dozen battles? 

I always complain about WG cutting back on rewards when it came to tournaments and tank rewards because those are modes that everyone is meant to participate in and the rewards should be participation trophies. Clan wars is a whole other story, you're supposed to work hard and earn a tank, not set the bar so low that you can just walk over it. 

Really disappointed with this event. Waited a whole year for a new campaign and hardly anything positive comes out of it. At least we get to choose from any of the 6 tanks instead of the usual 4, but that's about it. 

Altwar #5 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 59488 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
Definitely looking forward to the event!  Not sure I'll be able to participate but at initial glance, it looks cool as heck!

Cowcat137 #6 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 20:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 14971 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

Depends on just how grindy this is. A lot of us know about the World of Warships drydock debacle- a "build a reward ship" event that was impossible to complete. Say something reassuring Domo, please.

Edited by Cowcat137, Jan 06 2020 - 20:41.

Buttknuckle #7 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 20:47

Major

• Players
  • 53562 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

It would be easier to gauge our excitement over the new "crafting" component and experimental modules if the article actually provided sufficient details for us to understand how they are going to work. Unfortunately, without info, players are left to guess what these things are, and based on previous experience with pretty much every new gimmick WG has added to the game lately, the players are going guess that these new features will be disappointing. Thus I voted "none of them" to the 2nd question.

For example, my initial impression, based on the limited info provided, is that the crafting thing is going to be an grind fest of sorts that will be unobtainable for many participants. The interactive thing shows one needs 11 spare parts, 6 non ferrous metal, and 18 ferrous metal resources to craft one of eleven pieces needed to get the gun component.  There is no info in the article to suggest how many "resources" one might get per battle but judging from the numbers above it had better be more than a handful or many people are not going to be able to craft a tank. My fear is WG will be using this gimmick to monetize CWs (ie, buy needed "resources" in loot boxes for cash). IMO, That is not something that will work to revitalize the lost interest in CWs.

Casual_Boops #8 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 21:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36896 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I'm excited to hopefully be able to get a T23E3, finally. It's hard to tell whether that mechanic will be usable or not though, because no details have been provided.

_Tsavo_ #9 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 21:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47417 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

I like the idea of tier ten reward tonks AND the ability to pick up another 7 or 8 reward tank.   The T23E3 is one of my favorites, and I would say the best option of the build-a-tank lot.  Of course, I'm incredibly biased towards the 23E3.

Being I have the T23E3, I'm maybe thinking Kretzel or Chief.  My only two tier ten options are VKK or 907, so VKK it is.   Leaving the 907 as the only reward tank at ten I won't have. 

Now that I feel confident, and more importantly comfortable at tier ten, all of my other reward tanks will be seeing much more action, particularly my two American ones. 

It's a short, but sharp campaign, and I'm back in my Relic home, after starting my adventure with REL_2 back in 2012.  So I'm excited and looking forward to it!   Huzzah! 

Avalon304 #10 Posted Jan 06 2020 - 22:17

Major

• Players
  • 24447 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
I really need more information about how the crafting works and how many battles it will take to craft one of the tier 8s.

Colonel_Sanders1 #11 Posted Jan 07 2020 - 06:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25885 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Jan 06 2020 - 14:19, said:

What's the point in giving us the tier 8 reward tanks if they are absolutely horrendous. The IS-5 was easily the best of the bunch a few years back, having slight benefits over the IS-3 in terms of penetration and HEAT rounds but sacrificed accuracy and aim time. Now with op premiums dominating tier 8 matches, whats the point in having a arguably "balanced" tank as a reward? At the very least all 3 of those tier 8 reward tanks need minor buffs. 

As for giving out tanks to the top 3000, that's a good joke. Hopefully you have the real number posted by the end of the week since that is a whole lot of participation trophies, some people are going to be asking for two! Last campaign it was 2200, the one before that was 2300, now with the population numbers dwindling and the number of clans participating plummeting, you think it's a good idea to hand out op tanks to every snub that plays a dozen battles? 

I always complain about WG cutting back on rewards when it came to tournaments and tank rewards because those are modes that everyone is meant to participate in and the rewards should be participation trophies. Clan wars is a whole other story, you're supposed to work hard and earn a tank, not set the bar so low that you can just walk over it. 

Really disappointed with this event. Waited a whole year for a new campaign and hardly anything positive comes out of it. At least we get to choose from any of the 6 tanks instead of the usual 4, but that's about it. 

Garbage players don't magically become good just because they have a chieftain or 907.  More tanks means I have to play fewer games and worry less to get one, which I would say is a great thing.

pete_381 #12 Posted Jan 07 2020 - 07:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29299 battles
  • [PHASE] PHASE

View PostColonel_Sanders1, on Jan 07 2020 - 06:41, said:

Garbage players don't magically become good just because they have a chieftain or 907.  More tanks means I have to play fewer games and worry less to get one, which I would say is a great thing.

Yeah 3k is a good no of tanks. There are lots of good players having a hard time to get a tank just because they are running /or playing in a weak clan.

Dr_Jerkov #13 Posted Jan 07 2020 - 14:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1865 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K

View PostColonel_Sanders1, on Jan 06 2020 - 23:41, said:

Do you realize the 907 is Russian? Thus anyone who plays it automatically experiences the "soft stats" such as the Stalinium Effect and the Stalin Guide My Shot Effect.

Stalinium Effect - Stalinium is rumored to be an eleven in Moh's hardness scale. Anyone driving a tank with Stalinium automatically experiences a +25% BS bouncing chance and experiences a +50% chance for favorable RNG on any shot that will penetrate you.

Stalin Guide My Shot Effect - +200% accuracy when shooting on the move. +250% accuracy while firing within a tenth of a second of your turret moving. -500% rng on fully aimed shots (you don't trust Stalin)

Edited by Dr_Jerkov, Jan 07 2020 - 14:55.

Dr_Jerkov #14 Posted Jan 07 2020 - 14:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1865 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K

View Postpete_381, on Jan 07 2020 - 00:18, said:

Yeah 3k is a good no of tanks. There are lots of good players having a hard time to get a tank just because they are running /or playing in a weak clan.

3k tanks means a lot of players in weaker clans have a chance this season compared to prior ones. Being the third campaign with the Chieftain, even less from stronger clans will show up as they have all the tanks. Some will for camo, bonds, bragging rights, etc. But an increased number of tanks, coupled with less unicums striving for a Chieftain, means more open slots for everyone else.

If you are a good player in a weak clan and don't make the top 3k, well they did return the bond auction for 600 tanks.

Edited by Dr_Jerkov, Jan 07 2020 - 14:56.

_DacuStrategist_ #15 Posted Jan 07 2020 - 15:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3816 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
gg

cloudwalkr #16 Posted Jan 07 2020 - 15:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56712 battles
Experimental Modules just feels like something the better players/clans will farm...giving them an even greater advantage with Improved Equipment.  Just an observation.

JakeTheMystic #17 Posted Jan 07 2020 - 18:23

Major

• Players
  • 25180 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postpete_381, on Jan 06 2020 - 21:18, said:

If people are having a hard time getting tanks in their current clan they should get better and work their way into better clans, not sitting under the same tag for years expecting handouts such as these. I could expect someone to argue that increasing the pool by 100 maybe was necessary (i'd still argue against as it should be smaller, not larger) but increasing it by 800 has left me dumbfounded. 

First was bidding (at least they still have to participate?) then offered on the bond shop (at least its only the bad ones) but now increasing the prize pool in such a way that mediocre clans can get op tanks just defeats the purpose of considering them as "rewards". 

KaiserWilhelmShatner #18 Posted Jan 08 2020 - 10:08

Major

• Players
  • 17115 battles

More info please.  

This is like asking someone to write a 5 page movie review by just looking at the poster.

MachoMan_GroovySavage #19 Posted Jan 08 2020 - 16:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 91578 battles
  • [TT-6] TT-6

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Jan 06 2020 - 19:19, said:

As much of an elitist as I would like to be you dont see the bigger picture with the increased numbers. The guys who dont have the 907's get sat for guys who do have them and if you aren't in a relatively competitive clan you wont have any but the junk ones like the m60. The server is bleeding #'s because the elite have taken the dominant stance from the small guys and to some extent the lower mid card. I don't think they just deserve it because hey I play, but at this point they need to give more people a reason to play so we can continue to pay.

JakeTheMystic #20 Posted Jan 08 2020 - 17:31

Major

• Players
  • 25180 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostMachoMan_GroovySavage, on Jan 08 2020 - 06:29, said:

As much of an elitist as I would like to be you dont see the bigger picture with the increased numbers. The guys who dont have the 907's get sat for guys who do have them and if you aren't in a relatively competitive clan you wont have any but the junk ones like the m60. The server is bleeding #'s because the elite have taken the dominant stance from the small guys and to some extent the lower mid card. I don't think they just deserve it because hey I play, but at this point they need to give more people a reason to play so we can continue to pay.

Then the problem is tanks need to be balanced, not for the prize pool to be increased. If the meta is strictly reward tanks only than that should have been the indicator that something is wrong and needs to be changed but WG has missed the warning signs season after season. The meta strictly consists of Chieftain, 279e, EBR, and occasionally a Strv and arty depending on the map. 277 used to be the thing and that was all fine and dandy because it was a tech tree tank that everyone could get. Before then it was 907+basically a mix of things. 

If the game is really that far gone that they refuse to balance tanks and save competitive play than sure, sell bonds for real money and milk whatever they can from the population. Put all cws tanks on the bond shop and see how fast the population numbers drop after that. Giving the players a false sense of accomplishment with handouts is only going to make things progressively worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users