Offline Map Viewer...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Coffee_ #1 Posted Jan 12 2020 - 19:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43497 battles

A number of years ago I wrote an app called Terra.
It was designed to be a Map Viewer and Battle planning tool for Clan Wars.

Now that I have a much better understanding of how the new game engine stores is data, I am planning on rewriting Terra.
I'm looking for some help in decoding file formats and other areas.

First... I want to be clear about something. This is strictly for personal use with World of Tanks.
I have worked with the game data for many years and I have never angered Wargaming.net by figuring out how to load things from the game. Tank Exporter is a good example. Anything outside of game related usage is never going to happen with my coding or exported data PERIOD!!!
I am careful to remind people the game, its data and coding belongs to WARGAMING.NET.

Second... I need a new name.. Terra works but seeing how I'm embarking on a total rewrite, I think a new name for it is fitting.
Any ideas are welcome.

Third.. I am looking for help decoding some file formats. Anyone skilled and interested in helping with this please send me a PM.

Coffee_ #2 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 18:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43497 battles

I have most of road_map.bin sorted out.

Spoiler

Rynx_ #3 Posted Jan 20 2020 - 14:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I sort of found this (and your other projects) randomly and I already love it, it's a great idea! With this, you could eventually even make things like online replay player. I know there was one in the past, but it was discontinued because it was difficult to read all the game data. 

Coffee_ #4 Posted Jan 21 2020 - 10:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43497 battles
Textured Terrain is mostly done as is the other decals.
Spoiler

Coffee_ #5 Posted Jan 21 2020 - 10:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43497 battles

View PostRynx_, on Jan 20 2020 - 08:54, said:

I sort of found this (and your other projects) randomly and I already love it, it's a great idea! With this, you could eventually even make things like online replay player. I know there was one in the past, but it was discontinued because it was difficult to read all the game data. 

Terra Tactical Design
Terra Tactical Design  <--This what Terra used to be.. A full blown clan war 3D planning tool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users