Wheelie Preferred Ammo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Yojimbo50 #1 Posted Jan 12 2020 - 21:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25382 battles
I am trying to get better with light tanks and have watched a lot of video's.  Most of them talk about using heat instead of the regular ammo.  My question is which heat are they talking about, the expensive one or the third one?  Also if that is better should I be using it on all my light tanks as well?  Any help would be usefull and remember if you don't help me I may be on your team and let you down.  OK OK I'll use intimidation to get help if it helps!!

death_stryker #2 Posted Jan 12 2020 - 23:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

Wheelies have high-pen HE (the third one), which is particularly useful for countering enemy lights. Many good wheelie players carry a lot of HE, because wheelie mobility allows them to easily find weak armor to pen for massive damage.

The HEAT on the tier 9 and 10 wheelies has much worse shell velocity than the standard AP/APCR, so despite the better pen it is not necessarily a superior round. Optimally you should carry a good amount of all three ammo types.

For other lights, HE is only really a consideration if they also have high-pen HE (e.g. the german lights). On the other hand, gold is gold, not much to say about that.

LookOut48469 #3 Posted Jan 17 2020 - 13:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 47057 battles
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_
Heat is useless in the ebr IMO i carry 0. Never going to stop long enough to aim for a weak spot and fire, heat does nothing to tracks and since your running around looking for side shots or weak armored tanks you dont need any heat. 1&3 equal loadout. But the lynx doesnt have heat its apcr for 1&2, lynx #2's shells travels faster than #1 so i load some in that.

Edited by LookOut48469, Jan 17 2020 - 13:06.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users